WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It may have blown in from else where though I still find it strange that it was duct tape that gave them the clue needed to make an arrest.

I have never seen duct tape blowing around....wow....:waitasec:

Interesting, only after someone ? mentioned it ...did I also see a vehical drive off in the accademy lot just before MC.. in the upper right hand corner...Humm?? wish I knew how to zoom into that car on this video!

I think you are right!!! I saw it too.

Just a note to the mods.... would be nice for some of us new/or rarely on this sight if you could just give us a senerio (of why something was flagged/taken down) as I have understood why some were removed, but in question on some??? Like a note... such as post # was taken down as the...TOS is... and they....... would be greatly helpful! JMO
Thx..

See page 1, post 1 of this thread. Should help to some degree!

Hi Guys - I want to let you know that the "dirtysnatch" is an unapproved site. We are working on the link, so that when you try to post it, it will come up with asteriks and you will know it is an unapproved link.

Thanks for your patience as we work that out!

Salem

It is a proven fact that Mackenzie suffered a powerful blow to her head “Blunt impact to the head also significantly contributed to her death", the certificate said,http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/12/teen-was-stabbed-strangled/?online "certificate"meaning death certificate as the autopsy report was not available to the public at that time; nor is it now, to the best of my knowledge. It is a fact that after Mackenzie vanished on the 9th of February, fragments of glass were found in her car by LE;see document below, at left.
Per many news reports, the suspect arrested for Mackenzie's murder; Christopher Wilson, lived part time in a basement apt. under his Mother's beauty salon; Salon Coutour. From all accounts It is an attractive, popular, well run business.Two promotional items for that business, photos of which I found on that business' facebook were interesting to me. The photos are attached - I thought they might have been from a grand opening or for customer appreciation gifts. Extras might have been stored in the basement, perhaps.salon coutour2.jpg Because the suspect lived in the base ment under this business-part time, I wondered if either object could have been used to cause the head injury done to Mackenzie. Also, the bottle, breaking on impact, might account for glass found in the car.

salon coutour.jpg-Warrant for car Copy.jpg

Attachments

• Cowell Property Seizure Record-1.jpg
    Cowell Property Seizure Record-1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 59
It is a proven fact that Mackenzie suffered a near fatal blow to her head “Blunt impact to the head also significantly contributed to her death", the certificate said,http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/12/teen-was-stabbed-strangled/?online "certificate"meaning death certificate as the autopsy report was not available to the public at that time; nor is it now, to the best of my knowledge. It is a fact that after Mackenzie vanished on the 9th of February, fragments of glass were found in her car by LE. Per many news reports, the suspect arrested for Mackenzie's murder; Christopher Wilson, lived part time in a basement apt. under his Mother's beauty salon; Salon Coutour, from all accounts an attractive, popular, well run business.Two promotional items for that business I found on the business'facebook See photos attached- might have been from a grand opening or for customer appreciation gifts. Extras might have been stored in the basement, perhaps.
Since blood was found in this basement and the suspect lived there, part time, I wondered if he might have used an object like these to inflict the head trauma. We don't know yet if the blood there is Makenzie's or not. View attachment 11993

View attachment 11994

It is a proven fact that Mackenzie suffered a near fatal blow to her head “Blunt impact to the head also significantly contributed to her death", the certificate said,http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/12/teen-was-stabbed-strangled/?online "certificate"meaning death certificate as the autopsy report was not available to the public at that time; nor is it now, to the best of my knowledge. It is a fact that after Mackenzie vanished on the 9th of February, fragments of glass were found in her car by LE. Per many news reports, the suspect arrested for Mackenzie's murder; Christopher Wilson, lived part time in a basement apt. under his Mother's beauty salon; Salon Coutour, from all accounts an attractive, popular, well run business.Two promotional items for that business I found on the business'facebook See photos attached- might have been from a grand opening or for customer appreciation gifts. Extras might have been stored in the basement, perhaps.
Since blood was found in this basement and the suspect lived there, part time, I wondered if he might have used an object like these to inflict the head trauma. We don't know yet if the blood there is Makenzie's or not. View attachment 11993

View attachment 11994

I do not believe these "promotional items" are related in the slightest to the glass found in the car. The return of inventory dated February 17th, which you attached, clearly states the glass is from "kitchen counter."

That, to me, says LE had knowledge of where the glass came from.

On February 17th, the salon was not on their radar.

JMO

I do not believe these "promotional items" are related in the slightest to the glass found in the car. The return of inventory dated February 17th, which you attached, clearly states the glass is from "kitchen counter."

That, to me, says LE had knowledge of where the glass came from.

On February 17th, the salon was not on their radar.

JMO

I agree, Good point. I wish LE would hold a press conference and reply to questions like the glass kitchen counter business, but, there is probably more involved.

To me, the report, as worded, suggests Mackenzie's "home" because it says #13 unk# glass chards from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery" Which "home"? Mom's or Dad's?Does "LOI recovery" mean recovery of the glass or the body? I think the officer was less than clear for a reason.

To me, the report, as worded, suggests Mackenzie's "home" because it says #13 unk# glass chards from kitchen counter @ home - LOI recovery" Which "home"? Mom's or Dad's?Does "LOI recovery" mean recovery of the glass or the body? I think the officer was less than clear for a reason.

Clear as mud indeed. But some home that was a location of interest on or before Feb 17. Could have been her mom's, her dad's, maybe CB home. And possibly completely unrelated to the case. Might have been transferred into her car from one of the places she lived prior to when she went missing. MOO, but suspect the reason the entry is so vague is because they didn't go out of their way to "over process" a bunch of shards of glass. At least not enough to count them, which to me suggests a whole bunch of small ones.

Must have been good reason to know that early on what home they came from, and specifically how they knew they came from a kitchen counter. CB and parents' homes would have been the first ones processed and/or eliminated as involved in her murder. The fair amount of blood from the carpet in the Okanogan apartment, and the timeframe of only 90 minutes from time she left the Academy until CW was supposedly seen walking back from Pitcher Canyon would suggest she died in that apartment, and NOT at CB (backed up by LE comments to state they did not believe she died at CB). Virtually impossible that her car was ever at CB if it was indeed CW seen walking back to town that early (4:30pm). If her car was dumped prior to her being moved to CB, then the shards couldn't have come from there.

So if the chards came from her parents' homes, they would (now) no longer be material, as LE eliminated family fairly early in the investigation.

All my supposition only, based on what LE has released to date. Sure curious if his DNA or prints were found in her car to back up that he was ever in it.

Anxiously awaiting results back from the Jetta and to see if the basement apartment actually had anything to do with this. :waitasec:

What always bothered me was the officer's choice of word's in saying the glass was from the kitchen countertop @ home. To me, in that context; a inventory search warrant return for a missing seventeen year old girl's car, could only mean the girl's home, wherever that was. That part seems clear. And, as you point out, the parents were cleared early on. Thanks for several plausible alternatives to think about. I am sure Mac's car was dusted for prints. There was another property return doc which I've lost. It mentioned the car's door handles were "swabbed", for dna I suppose. The Jetta and basement apt. will reveal much. The language the officer used will remain a mystery to me untill I know the rest of the story.
Witnesses saw a man who looked like CW between 16:00 and 17:00 on Feb. 9th. See attached charging document.

Attachments

• Wilson_murder_charge-2.pdf
    669.6 KB · Views: 44
What always bothered me was the officer's choice of word's in saying the glass was from the kitchen countertop @ home. To me, in that context; a inventory search warrant return for a missing seventeen year old girl's car, could only mean the girl's home, wherever that was. That part seems clear. And, as you point out, the parents were cleared early on. Thanks for several plausible alternatives to think about. I am sure Mac's car was dusted for prints. There was another property return doc which I've lost. It mentioned the car's door handles were "swabbed", for dna I suppose. The Jetta and basement apt. will reveal much. The language the officer used will remain a mystery to me untill I know the rest of the story.
Witnesses saw a man who looked like CW between 16:00 and 17:00 on Feb. 9th. See attached charging document.

I don't see any mention of witnesses in that charging document, but it is mentioned in the affidavit LE gave to the media at the press conference. I'm attaching it here for anybody who hasn't seen it yet. Times mentioned here are between 1630 and 1730 hrs that he was seen. It's item #5 on page 2.

I posted this is the last thread, but that one is still MIA and inaccessible.

Regarding what was swabbed inside/outside the car, likely for fingerprints although maybe for DNA as well.

Attachments

• Affidavit to media.pdf
    841.1 KB · Views: 37
You are right. My bad- Sorry. I got the docs mixed up

For those who haven't yet seen the search warrant documents on Mac's car from mid February, this should help clear up any confusion about discussion of what was or wasn't found in her car and "if" any of it relates at this point. If LE has lab results back on what they seized and/or swabbed, it would be my guess there was no smoking-gun evidence, i.e. CW's fingerprints or DNA found.

I left off the cover page to this, as it doesn't have anything related except to list make model year of her car and license plate, date or original search (Feb 11), and where the seized property was stored.

A huge shout and and thank you to theissueathand for going to the trouble of getting these from the Chelan court. :bananalama:

Attachments

• MC vehicle SW affidavit and SR.pdf
    777.9 KB · Views: 64
Thanks so much. That was good of you to brave the courthouse and find this. :dance: Thanks! Some of it is really heartbreaking. Takes me back to the first days when she was just missing and we all hoped for a good outcome.

Gosh I beleive that I read somewhere, WW, I thought, that a man wrote in stating CW was into death and ??? AND a gal wrote in or stated... she was chocked from behind..released and he acted as if nothing happened.... looking for the article of the where the gal stated she was chocked, and for the life of me I can not find it...Any help is appreciated...Thanks!

Gosh I beleive that I read somewhere, WW, I thought, that a man wrote in stating CW was into death and ??? AND a gal wrote in or stated... she was chocked from behind..released and he acted as if nothing happened.... looking for the article of the where the gal stated she was chocked, and for the life of me I can not find it...Any help is appreciated...Thanks!

View attachment Affidavit to media.pdf (previously posted by anyoldtime)
They are in here, I believe they were statements made directly to the police? page 3 point 14

They are included, briefly, in the Probable Cause Document, filed on October 7th, in Chelan county
See item14-a&b "Wilson Afidavit" I tried to upload the document, but, it seems to be too big; its megabytes exceed the limit for WS software. It wouldn't work. Anyway, You may see it here:http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/07/court-documents-sheds-light-on-case/?online

It's actually in the affidavit, not the charging document. Posted above on this page (see Affidavit to media.pdf attachment) and previously somewhere in this thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98
Back