WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else heard anything about how long her body was there? I know some of you have heard rumors about the condition she was in- it should have been evident whether or not she was just put there or had been there for a few days...

Yes, I read that article also. However; could it be that LE just put that out there to put the public at ease and possibly trip up the perp? They have been saying they have no leads and then few leads...........no direction, etc. etc.

I don't think so - but I'm not LE, sooo...... But it seems to me that LE just would not address it, rather than put the lie out there. There has been an enormous amount of speculation regarding the clothing/sex assault issues. I believe it was when LE said there was no sex. assault that LE also said she was in the same clothes. I think LE released the information in order to stop a lot of the rumors and speculating.

I can tell from reading this thread that the rumors are flying amok and I venture to speculate that most of them are not true. Especially the most gruesome, detailed ones. I've seen this happen before and most of the time, much of what is said turns out not to be true. It's sad, but also completely normal I think, in a community that has been turned upside down and can not sleep at night, because they don't know who is prowling their streets :(

Salem

Is this why they couldn't confirm if it was her? There was a bag over/on her head but once they removed that, wouldn't they know it was her? Also, I thought they did say she was wearing the same clothes she was last seen to be wearing, was I mistaken?

It is my understanding the reason they couldn't confirm it was her right away was because of how badly beaten her face was. Apparently it was so bruised and swollen that her facial features were unrecognizable. So horrible :(

Actually her Brother did do an interview after the memorial with one of the Seattle stations...

Just to clear up any suspicions people may have with MC's brothers... neither one was in the Wenatchee area around the time MC went missing. One brother was across the nation, the other in another part of the state.

Really? Have you heard of them blatantly lying to the public before? I would have thought that they just wouldn't have revealed what she was wearing rather than lie about it but maybe I'm wrong.

I wouldn't say they have outright lied about anything..........but it sounds like they have had some pretty good leads and they have been telling the public that they.......at first..........had none...........and then pretty much nothing for a couple of weeks and then just a few leads but no suspects, etc. I'm finding that hard to believe now.

I've been trying to keep up with the threads (while at work...) so I must have missed the part about the jailed brothers. Whose brothers are jailed? I read the connection between JF and Spillman...

Can any one of you local people verify that WC's ex's age is 41? I think someone posted that as his age last night. TIA!

I've been trying to keep up with the threads (while at work...) so I must have missed the part about the jailed brothers. Whose brothers are jailed? I read the connection between JF and Spillman...
I believe JF's brothers.

Just to clear up any suspicions people may have with MC's brothers... neither one was in the Wenatchee area around the time MC went missing. One brother was across the nation, the other in another part of the state.

I personally have never suspected her brothers. I was at the memorial and they both seemed very sad, especially when the pastor started discussing memories of their childhood. Mackenzie was very loved by her brothers. There were may pictures of them snuggling and holding hands on the way to school etc. It was very sweet to say the least. I have two children and I can say they are not nearly as close or loving to eachother as Mackenzie and her two brothers seemed to be.

This is the first time I heard I.C.E. was involved in this case.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/mar/03/police-wont-cut-corners-cowell-case/

If they are involved, does that shift the investigation into a different direction? Or are we assuming they are involved because there is a fear of someone fleeing across that Canadian border?

Read the comment posted at March 3, 2010 at 12:57 p.m.
I have yet to read about this anywhere but it would explain why ICE is involved, Canada is not the right direction.

Thanks for your reply! I agree with this as a possible scenario. I don't know that area (where body was found), but it looks like there would be plenty of places to hide the body (i.e. wooded areas) and her not be found as soon as she was or perhaps ever. I guess my point is, whoever did this more than likely wanted her to be found. Why would they place her in an open location, easily to be found, if they wanted her to be unrecognizable? I hope this makes sense!

Also, I just wanted to welcome all the newbies! All the input from the locals has been extremely helpful!

I think when their plan changed so did the outcome. I think they had a plan from the beginning to dismember her and rid of the body completely. Never to be found. Missing person cold case. When they couldn't follow through with their plans, they decided to try and make her unrecognizable. (how this would work when she is the only missing person in the area I can't explain) Not sure of the tools involved, but I would say they didn't choose them correctly. I heard they left a couple body parts partially attached. :sick:
I think that is why they will determine there is more than one crime scene. I bet this was supposed to be a quick job that resulted in a couple days of panic and movement. (hence the multiple crime scenes)
I wish someone could verify the state of mind of the mom and the mom's bf immediately there after. MO

I don't think so - but I'm not LE, sooo...... But it seems to me that LE just would not address it, rather than put the lie out there. There has been an enormous amount of speculation regarding the clothing/sex assault issues. I believe it was when LE said there was no sex. assault that LE also said she was in the same clothes. I think LE released the information in order to stop a lot of the rumors and speculating.

I can tell from reading this thread that the rumors are flying amok and I venture to speculate that most of them are not true. Especially the most gruesome, detailed ones. I've seen this happen before and most of the time, much of what is said turns out not to be true. It's sad, but also completely normal I think, in a community that has been turned upside down and can not sleep at night, because they don't know who is prowling their streets :(

Salem

Many of them could be true as well- especially those that have come from reliable sources, don't you think?

Has anyone heard anything about whether or not the dive team recovered anything from the cb location? Or speculate as to why the dive teams were there in the first place, other than the obvious.. also does anyone else have any ideas as to what the outline is the pic posted on post 352?

There are two brothers in jail right now and have been for days. Some people on this thread have alluded to the fact that they have criminal history, anger issues and construction background. Some have thought they may have been involved in the moving of the body. This is hearsay to me, so double hearsay to you!

Salem

Normally, I would agree with you, but some of the folks posting have made it clear that they have gotten information from first hand accounts, and then confirmed from another poster or two in the same situations. I do have a concern that some of the information might have been introduced in an effort to lead us down the wrong road or to hamper prosecution efforts? Seems like some pretty graphic things were introduced within the last 24 hours by someone who seems to know a lot of details, but has just recently started posting. Just my thoughts.........It is a free speaking forum and everyone's theories and input is welcome, but I did have that thought as I finally went to sleep in the wee hours this morning. There is nothing stopping the killer(s) from inputing, for whatever reasons, and how would we know? I'm just sayin...............

Many of them could be true as well- especially those that have come from reliable sources, don't you think?

Unfortunately I think we will find that many of the rumors are true. Twisted here and there, yes. But I know some of the things I have heard from very reliable sources. :(

IMO, LE had a POI pretty early on and it was someone known to MC. LE has said it wasn't an abduction. How could they possibly know that? They had to have some type of evidence that someone she knew was involved to make that decision.

As for WC's bf not being at the memorial, I find that highly suspicious. Even if they weren't dating at the time of the murder, why would he not show up to support WC and/or pay his respects to MC?

Again, these are just my opinions.

Normally, I would agree with you, but some of the folks posting have made it clear that they have gotten information from first hand accounts, and then confirmed from another poster or two in the same situations. I do have a concern that some of the information might have been introduced in an effort to lead us down the wrong road or to hamper prosecution efforts? Seems like some pretty graphic things were introduced within the last 24 hours by someone who seems to know a lot of details, but has just recently started posting. Just my thoughts.........It is a free speaking forum and everyone's theories and input is welcome, but I did have that thought as I finally went to sleep in the wee hours this morning. There is nothing stopping the killer(s) from inputing, for whatever reasons, and how would we know? I'm just sayin...............

I have known about most of the things that are just being posted on here for a long time. I certainly didn't want to be the first person to post such sad and tragic information. However once I started seeing postings of VERY similar information I started speaking up. This could be the case for many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme