WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing stopping the killer(s) from inputing said:
I actually was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it won't damper the prosecution's case, as they know what the truth is. People who may post false things in order to cover up, may confuse us but I would think the detectives wouldn't be phased by it- I hope anyway.

I think it is interesting when people are stating their theories that people are saying "I heard that too". The ONLY reason I keep finding myself straying away from the mom's involvement is the alleged state of her body. I cannot imagine her being able to do that and face the police repeatedly and remain innocent. I don't feel the same about the mom's BF for some reason. I thought it was interesting though when a poster on here earlier stated that the mom had anger issues. Known anger issues. But having anger issues does not equal a murderer necessarily.

Just to clear it up, I was asking about the jailed brothers who supposedly had helped in moving her body...just wondered if there was any solid connection between them and anyone of interest. I wish there were more hours in the day...trying to stay up with the conversations and still get work done...

I doubt the murderer(s) were trying to conceal her identity. If she would have been found in another state, nude with missing teeth, then maybe. Leaving her body there, with or without teeth or clothing, pointed directly to the body being her.
If the rumors are true, it sounds like a hate crime or made to look like a hate crime.

Just to clear it up, I was asking about the jailed brothers who supposedly had helped in moving her body...just wondered if there was any solid connection between them and anyone of interest. I wish there were more hours in the day...trying to stay up with the conversations and still get work done...

Were the initials of those brothers ever provided?

My opinions on WC...She knows what happened. She may not know EVERYTHING, such as the final condition of her body. Just too many things add up for her not to have any involvement.

I doubt the murderer(s) were trying to conceal her identity. If she would have been found in another state, nude with missing teeth, then maybe. Leaving her body there, with or without teeth or clothing, pointed directly to the body being her.
If the rumors are true, it sounds like a hate crime or made to look like a hate crime.

Do you mean crime of passion? As in love/hate? Somebody who cared for her and was really angry vs somebody that just hated her? Doesn't seem to be any evidence that she had any enemies whatsoever!

I disagree. I think they initially wanted to try and conceal her identity however they couldn't go through with it. They when they couldn't do it they tried to make it look more random. That is my opinion.

It is my understanding the reason they couldn't confirm it was her right away was because of how badly beaten her face was. Apparently it was so bruised and swollen that her facial features were unrecognizable. So horrible :(

Body condition: There was a question, when she was first found, if the body was indeed Mackenzie’s. This would indicate that authorities were unable to identify her by just looking at her.

If she was placed at the Crescent Bar location on Friday or Saturday, the only reason they would not be able to identify her, is if something was done to her to prevent identification. In addition the police, if they started testing immediately, would be able to tell if she was at that location for more than 36hours.

If she were placed at Crescent Bar on the night that she disappeared, the condition of the body would have been in the second or third stage of decomposition. Considering that she was found fully clothed, feet in water, and somewhat covered, decomposition could have been delayed.

Temperatures that week ranged in the mid to upper forties. This could have slowed decomposition as well as preventing insect infestation.
The third option is that someone kept her in cold storage for a period of time, before the placed her at the site.

My opinion is that she was placed there near the time of her disappearance. This would explain why it took so long to identify the body. The body would have looked as if it were bloated which could have been confused with black and blue. In addition, the warmest day that week was Saturday. This could explain why it took so long to find the body. It was the only nice day that week for a walk on the beach.

Just to appease the concerned websleuthers who think people are posting non substantiated claims on the state of her remains, lets make it simple. If you have what you would consider a good source, state your information. If your source is known to expand on the truth on occasion or is perhaps a compulsive liar, don't state what you heard! If someone else says something that you also heard, say it. It makes things a tad more believable when more than one person has heard the same things! How can things not get leaked when allegedly the 911 operator is talking!

I believe it is JF's brother's. It has been referred to before but I haven't dug into that one, or the supposed connection that JF has to the murderer of Rita and Mandy Huffman.

Just to clear things up, JF only has one brother...and he is not in prison nor do I believe he ever has been. Second, I don't know if JF's connection goes any further into the the Huffman murders other than he was Spillman's brother-in-law (however he is no longer married to MS - Spillman's sister) and was probably brought in as a character witness.

I have heard many rumors about what was done to her; they range from the absurd to the plausible. I have heard from reliable sources and people shooting from the hip. I agree with grediggity, only post if you are 100% sure. All rumors do is muddy the water for those who are trying to help.

I have known about most of the things that are just being posted on here for a long time. I certainly didn't want to be the first person to post such sad and tragic information. However once I started seeing postings of VERY similar information I started speaking up. This could be the case for many.

Yes, and somethings I have heard, I am not repeating yet...until someone else says them first.

I actually was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it won't damper the prosecution's case, as they know what the truth is. People who may post false things in order to cover up, may confuse us but I would think the detectives wouldn't be phased by it- I hope anyway.

Hopefully if that's the case, it will backfire, like it did when Dorice (Dee Dee) Moore joined and posted on Websleuths about her involvement (or lack thereof, so she claimed) in Abraham Shakespeare's murder! She ended up being arrested and charged with Murder!

I have heard many rumors about what was done to her; they range from the absurd to the plausible. I have heard from reliable sources and people shooting from the hip. I agree with grediggity, only post if you are 100% sure. All rumors do is muddy the water for those who are trying to help.

Can anyone really be 100% sure about a 'rumor'? :waitasec:

Does anyone think we are barking up the wrong tree? Is he really capable of doing this? Does anyone really know him? Has anyone seen him or have first hand knowledge that it was indeed HIM that was taken in for the polygraph? I'm sure he is laying low regardless of his involvement or lack-there-of, but he has to come out for air. I can't believe all you locals are not casing him!!

Were the initials of those brothers ever provided?

I believe they were, but I'd have to go back and look for sure.

Another thought just ran through my mind. If WC was listing agent on a house not far from where the car was found, and her offices are not far from the park...is it possible that WC and MC met up to go to this house together for some odd reason? Was the listed house vacant or not? And was it farther up the dirt road or down where it's paved? Did I read somewhere that WC drives an SUV? Maybe MC parked her car where the pavement ends to hop in WC's SUV to go further down a dirt road, and left her purse in her car but carried her phone/debit card on her...locked up her car...maybe? The hole in that theory that I come up with...is why would she meet her way out there and not just ride together from town? Hmmm...I had always thought that MC didn't drive her car there until that thought crossed my mind.

Shoot holes in that theory please...

I have a theory that MacKenzie was probably hit in the head at first. She wasn't a small girl....she was somewhat on the taller side, wasn't she? Given her health and age and the fact that she worked out all the time..........I should think she would have put up oneheckuva fight.........unless she was given a substantial, surprise blow to the head first..........or there were at least 2 that overpowered her. It's just a guess on my part.
A healthy young woman of her stature could certainly put up a huge fight, especially if it's for your life, unless you have been surprised and knocked unconscious or off your feet to begin with. Or........a serious, disabling wound of some other sort in the beginning.

I'm kind of confused as to why LE or rather, WW, would post an article talking about how much money LE is going through for this case. I know the idea is to show that no matter what, they're going to do their job, but really...I don't see why this is relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member