WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The death of one's child might make a person distraught, exhausted, irrational, impulsive, frightened. Maybe that's why she practiced calling 911?

True...but, and I know I might sound like a jerk here, do you really need to practice dialing three numbers???? It sounds like either she really had a legitimate reason for calling, and then either changed her mind or was coerced to hang up...or she was under the influence. I pray to God that I will never be in the position to understand her pain firsthand, but I really don't think (even under her circumstances of fear/pain), that there is a legitimate reason to "practice" dialing 9-1-1.

Perhaps the mother discovered/caught/witnessed Killer and now mother is being threatened to be silent???

Or maybe Mom just has a damned good "hunch", and is scared chitless that she'll be next!

something interesting...10C01507 01:36:12 02/20/10 Harass/Threat 4305 W EAGLEROCK DR, WENAT 4 ACT ..... what time was MC's body found?
i think they had a fight at WC house about what happened to MC. i find it strange the police got called to her house for a harass threat. what day was MC'S body found???

Saturday, February 13th - day before Valentine's Day. At about noon.

Guys- del rio isn't on trial here. I thought this forum welcomed different opinions and didn't chastise people like WW? Just because his theories may not be perfect doesn't mean he should have to defend himself.

If you're referring to my posts as 'chastizing' ... seriously, I was in no way chastizing him and I hope he realizes it. I was just kidding around about his "my wife made me do it" comment. I like Del and truly appreciate the fact that he's been contributing some interesting comments and pics, too!

I welcome all posts and posters, even IF I don't agree with the post. :angel:

That was pretty early in the morning too, right? What adult woman has a friend over at that time and does this? I'm not trying to be mean, but it just seems like something is wrong with her if she thinks this is normal behavior...

I don't think there is any way anyone knows how they might or might not react in a similar situation. I think we should cut her some slack. But, that's just me.

Here it is:
http://www.cityfreq.com/callsign/whl96.html

Sorry, I'm a bit skeptical because I have listened to scanners and rarely hear names. Addresses, yes. Names, no.

All I know is when it was being said, my husband and youngest son turned around and ask if I had heard her name as well. I know I heard the name and heard it correctly, as did everyone else sitting in my living room

True...but, and I know I might sound like a jerk here, do you really need to practice dialing three numbers???? It sounds like either she really had a legitimate reason for calling, and then either changed her mind or was coerced to hang up...or she was under the influence. I pray to God that I will never be in the position to understand her pain firsthand, but I really don't think (even under her circumstances of fear/pain), that there is a legitimate reason to "practice" dialing 9-1-1.

I agree- if she was really telling the truth, there is never a legitimate reason to "practice" dialing 911. These false calls slow the response to real emergencies. I'm not positive about WA, but in many states this is a criminal offense.

I wonder if she really was in trouble- I would assume the police would have to check things out right? What if someone had a gun to her head and she had to say those things?

Or maybe Mom just has a damned good "hunch", and is scared chitless that she'll be next!

Yeah, Maybe she knows killer and he/she has denied everything, of course. So, she tries/wants to believe him/her, but has great fear. I just hope she wasn't really trying to call 911 for help, and her visiting friend stopped her.

Are you sure? Neither are listed on the scanner ref page:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2961

Magic said, "I believe", not "I'm certain".

one of these is the one it was on I believe 153.9950 or 457.5000

I thought that the way a scanner works is that it continuously scans a number of stations and stops on the one that is transmitting, right? I would never have been able to answer this if it were me listening to our scanner. It is kept in a completely different room and I don't run up to it and check to see what station it's transmitting from. Even if I did get up to look, the scanner may be on a totally different station by the time I reached it.

Here it is:
http://www.cityfreq.com/callsign/whl96.html

Sorry, I'm a bit skeptical because I have listened to scanners and rarely hear names. Addresses, yes. Names, no.

Don't you think an exception 'might' be made in the case of someone whose daughter had just been found murdered? Maybe as IF to transmit (without actually saying) for any officer in the area to run by and do a spot check, if possible.

Magic said, "I believe", not "I'm certain".

I thought that the way a scanner works is that it continuously scans a number of stations and stops on the one that is transmitting, right? I would never have been able to answer this if it were me listening to our scanner. It is kept in a completely different room and I don't run up to it and check to see what station it's transmitting from. Even if I did get up to look, the scanner may be on a totally different station by the time I reached it.

Don't you think an exception 'might' be made in the case of someone whose daughter had just been found murdered? Maybe as IF to transmit (without actually saying) for any officer in the area to run by and do a spot check, if possible.

I could be wrong, but I would think someone from LEwould be watching her house 24/7!

Has anybody done any checking on MC's father? What role did he play in her life? He is in construction, also. I haven't seen anything at all and you guys are all pretty good sleuths, so I'm assuming there is just nothing there. Just wondering.

Has anybody done any checking on MC's father? What role did he play in her life? He is in construction, also. I haven't seen anything at all and you guys are all pretty good sleuths, so I'm assuming there is just nothing there. Just wondering.

I don't think a whole lot has been mentioned about him. Neither in here or in the media. Good thinking though, AutumnRose.

That is a VERY good question. Does anyone have any info on RC??

I don't think a whole lot has been mentioned about him. Neither in here or in the media. Good thinking though, AutumnRose.

From what I read he was at home in Orondo when she went missing. He was expecting her for dinner.

:bedtime:

I could be wrong, but I would think someone from LEwould be watching her house 24/7!

Perhaps she has a friend in LE, or at RiverCom, who she keeps in contact with. Maybe those calls were just her checking in.

In LOVELY BONES the perpetrator was very close to the family home. He was a neighborhood friend. He "got away with murder."

Good night everybody! I'm flying all day tomorrow.......back home to Wenatchee.....and it's killing me that I won't be able to get on my computer to see what's happening! I don't mind telling you that it is with a heavy heart that I return. I'm going home to a different Wenatchee than the one I left not even 2 months ago. I have a feeling Del Rio was spot on when he predicted that things will end up being more sinister than we even picture it now. How in the world are our high schoolers going to deal with all of this????? I thank God mine are beyond this, although we went through the Huffman tragedies. My 14 year old daughter at the time went to school with Mandy. She had a strong faith! God be with our Wenatchee children! and God be with WC! Whether she was involved or not.............I do not know! I only know it would kill me if it were one of mine! I pray we can route out whatever evil has done this thing! It's a blessing to have such a team as the group on this site, giving MacKenzie a voice! Giving all our children a voice. I hope she knows, somehow, that we've got her back............that she is not alone.

hi all,
i've been reading the threads ever since i saw the link on ww (like most of the fellow newbies) and wanted to say keep up the good work.

this is probably nothing, but with all of the family member/someone close to her theories...

the day before mc's body was found, a reliable source was speaking with a family member of hers (mc) and was very put off by the aloofness of said family member. the family member was chalking up her disappearance to girls being girls and meeting someone on the internet and running away with them and didn't sound too concerned.

after reading all of the threads here, what i was told further struck me because of the attitude of another family member of this poor dear girl.

sorry for the vagueness, this is my first post here and i just want to make sure i do not violate any tos or anything :)

Even still, you would have to get a boat on a trailer down there to launch it somewhere. Chances of being seen are greatly increased, I would think.

Yeah, that's probably not a practical theory. I think I will officially abandon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme