WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're allowed to theorize on here. Some of us may be suspicious of the BF, some, CR, some think gang, some think jealous bf, etc…

My problem isn't with theorizing. It's with making stuff up.

so i have finally been able to look at the security video of MC in the parking lot...has anyone thought that maybe someone was already in her car? i guess the police probably have looked at the entire video and would have noticed that. but then...who knows.

Wow! That video has been turned upside down and wrong side out long time ago. It has been established that nobody was in her car waiting for her.
We're not really sure why they released it, except that it kept all of us really busy for several days! Of course, we only saw the part of the video that was released. You can see the route that she took when she left the parking lot and that all appeared normal...........and safe.........and you can see that something caught her attention twice.........and that her boots had a higher heel on them. They would have left a distinctive footprint if it was MacKenzie that drove her car up Pitcher Canyon and got out and locked her door and then.........?

... that I don't consider to be unsubstantiated gossip.

This is info that has been told to people close to me by LE. I will not post unless I believe that the info is extremely accurate. Hopefully this info can help support/refute some of our theories. I believe that #3 may be new info on this board

1. LE: homicide did not take place at CB.
2. LE: this was done by someone who knew MC, not a serial/random killer.

3. LE have an eye witness placing MC at the carwash on Wenatchee Ave. the afternoon of her disappearance (not sure of the exact time frame). According to the car wash attendant: she was getting her car washed and had a MALE passenger. Attendant could not id male passenger.

There were a few things in Rio's pix (thanks Rio) I hadn't seen before & some were kinda odd to me..Like the beach..It doesn't look like a place to walk along the shore..Very rocky & at some points it appears the water comes up almost to the brush..Even tho locals say otherwise I don't feel the perp expected anybody to come walking along to see the body.

I was under the impression there were no other homes around but I def saw some & one looked pretty close too..It's to the right in pix #?

It didn't seem like a car could be parked at the back of the house but I'm not as sure about that so I'll have to take another look.

For those who ask "where did you say..." or "I can't find this..." or "I've been gone so please tell me what was said about...", I've found that a useful tool is the "Search This Thread" option at the top of the thread. It is a button on the upper right side of every page of the thread. I couldn't find it before I'd signed up, but now that I have, I use it often to catch up on a particular topic that I've missed or that I remember being discussed but want to re-read. If you want to go back to previous threads (i.e. Threads #1-3), there is usually a link back to the previous thread at the very beginning of the current thread (Post #1). That having been said, I think it would be wonderful if we had a page or link where all of the pertinent info for the case was compiled. It could have columns for "known facts" "substantiated rumor" and "pure conjecture." The sources for each could also be stated in a separate column. That way, if someone new joins the discussion, they could be referred to that page/table/link. And it would be a great way for us to keep track of new information coming in and old information being verified or unsubstantiated.

This is info that has been told to people close to me by LE. I will not post unless I believe that the info is extremely accurate. Hopefully this info can help support/refute some of our theories. I believe that #3 may be new info on this board

1. LE: homicide did not take place at CB.
2. LE: this was done by someone who knew MC, not a serial/random killer.

3. LE have an eye witness placing MC at the carwash on Wenatchee Ave. the afternoon of her disappearance (not sure of the exact time frame). According to the car wash attendant: she was getting her car washed and had a MALE passenger. Attendant could not id male passenger.

Interesting regarding HER at the car wash... Dos anyone remember a question being asked a while back from LE about if her car had recently been waxed??

s&bbm

I have a problem with 'eye witness' accounts so I'd feel more confident this is fact if there was video from a security camera..I'm sure LE would too so any word on that?

ETA..

Attendant could not id male passenger

Had to be shown photos but who's???

Nobody has released any information about the state of her body. However; several posters have posted information that they have gotten from someone that does know, and if 3 or 4 such posters have credible sources and the info seems to substantiate the "rumor", we have been trying to put the pieces together using the information that seems to be substantiated with the understanding that it is ALL speculation or what I would call "educated guesses". We aren't just pulling things out of the air. You really need to go back to the beginning and read all the threads, except, of course, thread #4.......:crosseyed:

This is similar to, but extends way beyond that which what was said about Lindsey Baum. A once-POI in that case was quoted as having stated to his GF that LB was 'kidnapped and murdered and dismembered' ... he stated that one week before LE even offered that she was not a runaway and since then, the last two of those claims have never been publicly suggested by LE.

When curiosity blossoms and information begins to flow, occassionally there are gaps in that flow. Curiosity makes one want to fill in those gaps and when there is no current information that completes that bridge, humans want to move forward and build that bridge to 'complete the scene'. Unfortunately, sometimes the material used is not of the same strength and texture...

Also, because we keep talking about FBI interviewing and re-interviewing mom and moms bf, surely doesn't mean both are guilty. They are most likely getting all the info they can about one from the other. i am SURE both will not be guilty. Anyone know what the state of their relationship is at this time? Anyone seen either at all?

h20skier - Out of curiousity, would you happen to know if that was a drive-thru type car wash, or the do-it-yourself type with the high-pressure sprayer?

smb

I have a problem with 'eye witness' accounts so I'd feel more confident this is fact if there was video from a security camera..I'm sure LE would too so any word on that?

What I was told was that the attendant called the LE to report the info. Based on that info, LE has another video that they are not releasing, not sure from where, showing MC in her car with a male passenger. The passenger could not be ID'ed by either the attendant or the video.

Ok, I'm unsure if thread #4 is coming back --of course it had my best alt theory in it -- so I'm gonna try again and make some slight changes.

Two things are hard to overcome for me with the facts as I understand them, (that actually makes them not facts but opinions so they CANNOT be wrong).

* First: Why leave car up Pitcher Canyon? As stated before and for numerous reasons NOT a good location for a suspect to dump a car.

* Second: Why does no one seem to know where she was headed after class? It seems MC was keeping that secret herself, if so why?

My theory solves both of these. Here we go:

She sets up a meeting with (insert your prime suspect here). She has had or is having a relationship or possible some type of illegal dealings with this person. (I'm leaning towards relationship with older male.) Could be someone we've all been talking about, could be someone she has met through Gold's Gym. Older male makes it a double no-no and so she doesn't tell a soul this secret.

So, they make contact through cell phone and set up a place to meet, (it appears police are getting his cell phone records right now). They drive out towards Pitcher Canyon each in their own car until reaching end of pavement where she hops in with him. They go this way either because they have a destination they have gone to before, (empty house on market), or simply to take a drive up to snow-line, (maybe she has something to tell him???). Whatever it is she says, he doesn't take it well and in heat-of-moment strikes her using something probably not thought of as a weapon he has grabbed from his vehicle, (pickup?). The blow kills her. This is location 1.

It hits him what he has done. He runs through his mind for ideas. He's watched the Dexter series on cable tv. He wants to attempt something of that nature but he feels like a cornered animal up this dead-end canyon so he gets her body in the vehicle and drives out, passing MC's car along the way. From here he takes her to location 2. A place very familiar to him. He gets to work on what he thinks he can accomplish. (Watch any episode of Dexter and I think that is what he tried). He can't do it. He gives up, but figures he can still accomplish most of the plan. He just needs to get the body to a location where it won't be found and which he can pick up later by boat. He takes body out to CB, (location 3), leaving body very close to beach, but not so close as to be easily spotted. He breaks down here as well, not believing what he has done. He drives away with part of him actually hoping to get caught so he would never have to see that body and what he has done again. It really won't matter, he vividly pictures it all the time anyway.

There it is. Actually fairly simple, I think. Although there are some issues.

First: I know there is indications that the footprints left near her car were not hers. Personally, I think that scene was compromised, so no good footprints could have been found. Wasn't it just about dark when first officers arrived? Didn't the reporting party say he had got close enough to look in the backseat to see change of clothes? Maybe someone else had also checked it out?

Second: There is her cell phone usage. I think this is where LE is probably on the verge of out-right lying to us. We know they won't tell us who the last call was to, (very likely the prime-suspect), but just calling her isn't enough to focus on him or name him as a suspect. They need real evidence. He has gotten rid of the plastic sheeting and tools he used. Unless he slipped up somewhere with the evidence police will almost have to have his confession. My opinion is, they aren't gonna get it. By now, he's had time to justify what he's done and realized he can live with it. Police will likely have caught him in a half a dozen lies about his alibi but that doesn't actually prove anything either. Although suspects, (even innocent ones*), have been convicted with less. *Google "innocence project"

Now onward with the discussion.

This theory intrigues me. Especially the reference to the Dexter character. I have never watched that show. However; if it is something that a suspect or poi watches a lot........easy enough to find out. The fact that the CB house is on the river and easy access to get..........MacKenzie...... into a boat from the shore and then downriver to dispose of........all of her. (sorry)
It would be somewhat difficult as he would have to put the boat in downriver and get up there without being seen.........or heard. I don't know if there is any kind of fishing this time of year that would help in disguising a reason to be out there in a boat right now?

h20skier - Out of curiousity, would you happen to know if that was a drive-thru type car wash, or the do-it-yourself type with the high-pressure sprayer?

That carwash has both, but the car went through the high pressure wash, per attendant.

What I was told was that the attendant called the LE to report the info. Based on that info, LE has another video that they are not releasing, not sure from where, showing MC in her car with a male passenger. The passenger could not be ID'ed by either the attendant or the video.

bbm

Hopefully it's from the car wash.

I edited my other post to add the issue of the ID of male passenger..In order to do that he would have to be shown photos..I wonder of who? Or was it simply a descripton they were looking for? Makes a diff.

bbm

Hopefully it's from the car wash.

I edited my other post to add the issue of the ID of male passenger..In order to do that he would have to be shown photos..I wonder of who? Or was it simply a descripton they were looking for? Makes a diff.

I'm not sure, I will check on both and see if I can get any clarification-video and photo/description.

That carwash has both, but the car went through the high pressure wash, per attendant.

I'm sorry, I'm still confused. AFAIK they would both be high-pressure.
Was it self-serv (as in she got out of her vehicle and washed it herself) or just drove thru and stayed in the car? Thanks!

As I was sipping on my first cup of joe this morning I had a thought. What if mac made contact with the perp earlier in the day? maybe this is why LE is checking cell records of family and friends to see if everyone was where they said they were at the time of her disappearance. Maybe the contact wasnt her last call or text. Just thought Id throw it out here for some discussion.

Do you know time frame? I'm wondering if it was before or after the boat launch location. Also, wondering if it was a "fill up with gas first" car wash. This would possibly explain using her gas card and debit card and putting them in a pocket, such as her coat pocket, and not returning them to her purse. Also, seems like a very normal even and passenger wasn't concerned about being seen. I wonder if the gas tank in her car was full when it was abandoned. If she had plans to go to her Dad's house for dinner in Orondo and she was low on fuel...........it makes sense. I believe it was reported that the car was in her Dad's name, or registered to him. Does anyone know if the dinner plans included her bf? I would think that, if she indeed did fill up with gas, a check of what was left in her gas tank might reveal how far her car had traveled between getting gas and being abandoned.

I'm sorry, I'm still confused. AFAIK they would both be high-pressure.
Was it self-serv (as in she got out of her vehicle and washed it herself) or just drove thru and stayed in the car? Thanks!

Her car went through the stay-in-vehicle drive through type.

Do you know time frame? I'm wondering if it was before or after the boat launch location. Also, wondering if it was a "fill up with gas first" car wash. This would possibly explain using her gas card and debit card and putting them in a pocket, such as her coat pocket, and not returning them to her purse. Also, seems like a very normal even and passenger wasn't concerned about being seen. I wonder if the gas tank in her car was full when it was abandoned. If she had plans to go to her Dad's house for dinner in Orondo and she was low on fuel...........it makes sense. I believe it was reported that the car was in her Dad's name, or registered to him. Does anyone know if the dinner plans included her bf? I would think that, if she indeed did fill up with gas, a check of what was left in her gas tank might reveal how far her car had traveled between getting gas and being abandoned.

This triggered for me the question----it seems that the perp would have known that she had dinner plans with Dad at 7 PM----thus they had to dump the car prior to 7 PM out in the boonies because they knew he would start looking for her (via calling friends etc.). What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member