WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember that too. I think we can rule out any that do not have do-it-yourself stalls as well.

Yes, I agree. I thought I had seen JetPro mentioned sorry. Throwing out all washes that don't have both, I believe the SuperWash places are the only ones in town that have both options. There locations are at the following place:

504 North Wenatchee Avenue
This link gives non locals a better idea of distance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...&view=map&cid=989128156069118560&iwloc=A&sa=X

1415 North Wenatchee Avenue
As you can see, this one would be out of the way in the opposite direction, but considering the way this case is going anything is possible.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...view=map&cid=7068446288199884609&iwloc=A&sa=X

The only other thing I will add is that I do not believe that debit cards are usable at these locations. I believe it is only quarters and bills. Please correct me if any locals knows different.

The third SuperWash location is in East Wenatchee so I won't bother posting that one.

Does anyone know if Easy Auto wash has the option to wash yourself? I don't believe they do, but it would be on the way to Sunnyslope, Orondo, and Eagle Rock, depending on where she was going.

I asked that a couple pages back, but no reply. Didn't someone vouch for the demeanor of the brothers? Someone said they would be capable of this? Anyone remember which poster said that? Maybe they know first hand?

snipped........
ahsgramma
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2010

A few things - the girl sitting on the railroad tracks was in cashmere. That is what the police report on the manson village tribune says.

As for CR - he maybe a construction worker, IDK. He doesn't have much of a background for doing anything. He does have an extensive criminal background. I also know his ex and she had several restraining orders for dv. One thing is he has a teenage daughter around the same age as Mc.

The comments he wrote were about how sad it was and how bad he felt for the family. If I remember right he stated he did not know her. That is why I felt it was out of character.

Also, there is another CR who attends WHS. Maybe he was the one who wrote the comment, but I suspect the older because it was poorly written with numerous misspelled words.

I am just speculating on all of this so please don't quote any relationship to this case as being fact. It is just my opinion. However the info about the past violence, criminal record, dv, and daughter are fact.

I remember reading in ww from web editor that the one brother was already in jail at time of murder. When did 2nd brother go to jail?? It is also my understanding that one of them worked for BF.
Also probably not related with this but I also remeber an article that an employee from Lowes was caught stealing tools from there, said that he was putting them in the garbage shoot. said he was stealing them to sell them because he was so broke.

I may be able to find out about them working at Lowes... I'm on it!! Be back shortly!! First to find the names, the initials were CR both in jail now correct?

I LOVE this site! You guys are all so amazing. Just wanted to say that. Good luck MissAnonymous!!!

If the perp and MC were both carrying cell phones, could LE tie both of those
phones together in the same vicinity at the time she left the hair academy
and when her phone was shut off?

Yes and i I have testified for prosecutors and defense attorneys regarding that. In a metro area it is more conclusive than a rural area because of the concentration of sites, however it does still fall under the heading of "circumstantial evidence". Location is still an estimate and there are many variables that can alter tower feeds.

Or Maybe they have a POI but don't have the identifiable DNA back yet.
Just a thought

Why wouldn't they state this to the public then? It seems weird that they keep saying they have no idea. You would think they would want to give some reassurance to the public.

I asked that a couple pages back, but no reply. Didn't someone vouch for the demeanor of the brothers? Someone said they would be capable of this? Anyone remember which poster said that? Maybe they know first hand?

snipped from 02-26-2010, 01:57 PM #412
ahsgramma
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevygirl
I'm going to post initials on here because this guy isnt a minor. But from what I've heard and I know someone who knows this guy... look at the inmate list for a guy with the initials CR, this may be the guy you guys were talking about that failed a polygraph test... I heard he was in for questioning, (so I'm not sure if there was a polygraph test or if this is 110% true or not) like I said its just what i've heard. anyways I've heard he was let go, and now they have him back in there. also I've heard he drives a white truck. I hope I'm not saying to much? I've heard a little more, and have told the police what I've heard. I don't want to say to much because I don't want to interfere with what they may or may not have.

This is the same person I mentioned earlier that commented on one of the first articles. I thought it was completely out of character for him. IMO he would be capable of this. He shot at someone I know years ago but missed.

Yes, I agree. I thought I had seen JetPro mentioned sorry. Throwing out all washes that don't have both, I believe the SuperWash places are the only ones in town that have both options. There locations are at the following place:

504 North Wenatchee Avenue
This link gives non locals a better idea of distance.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...&view=map&cid=989128156069118560&iwloc=A&sa=X

1415 North Wenatchee Avenue
As you can see, this one would be out of the way in the opposite direction, but considering the way this case is going anything is possible.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...view=map&cid=7068446288199884609&iwloc=A&sa=X

The only other thing I will add is that I do not believe that debit cards are usable at these locations. I believe it is only quarters and bills. Please correct me if any locals knows different.

The third SuperWash location is in East Wenatchee so I won't bother posting that one.

Does anyone know if Easy Auto wash has the option to wash yourself? I don't believe they do, but it would be on the way to Sunnyslope, Orondo, and Eagle Rock, depending on where she was going.

No, Easy Auto Wash does not.

Not if she had stopped by Lowes. Lowes is behind this car wash.

If this was the car wash used the car would then be headed north as the exit from this wash only allows cars to turn north on Wenatchee Ave. This would be in the direction of the spec house north of town.

If this was the car wash used the car would then be headed north as the exit from this wash only allows cars to turn north on Wenatchee Ave. This would be in the direction of the spec house north of town.

I have to admit it makes a good path to ponder.

Not if she had stopped by Lowes. Lowes is behind this car wash.

Very good point didn't even think of that! But.... If she stopped at Lowes the actual day we know that they have surveillance. Most stores have a security camera on the doors so I would think she would have been seen.

Problem is there could be multiple videos that we just don't know about. I keep waiting for a REAL update... :banghead:

Are cameras used in stores actually recording, or is it just live footage? (Don't know if that is how you word it but hopefully someone knows what I mean)

So if we take another look at the brother's currently locked up, (I believe they still are). We assume MC got involved with one of them, (for whatever reason and maybe something to do with Lowe's). They are also past employees of JF, possibly working under WC as well. That might even be how one of the brothers original meet MC. This could explain the interviewing and possible re-interviewing of BOTH WC and WC's BF. They might have known the where-a-bouts of the brothers and are being questioned to prove the brothers alibis are false.

Thinking this way, gives me an accomplice that isn't too much of a stretch, (a BROTHER). I can't imagine committing this crime and deciding a good way to cover it up, (move the body), would be calling ANYONE for help -- unless it was a blood relation who has helped me, (or I have helped him), pull off other crimes, (both have records I believe and it is a guarantee police never caught a criminal in ALL of their crimes).

On the bright side: This gives us a get-away driver for up Pitcher Canyon! And maybe they stopped before the end of the pavement because they didn't want to leave tracks from their vehicle, (or to get evidence ON their vehicle). I still don't like this theory compared to my others, so I'll have to think about it some more.

So if we take another look at the brother's currently locked up, (I believe they still are). We assume MC got involved with one of them, (for whatever reason and maybe something to do with Lowe's). They are also past employees of JF, possibly working under WC as well. That might even be how one of the brothers original meet MC. This could explain the interviewing and possible re-interviewing of BOTH WC and WC's BF. They might have known the where-a-bouts of the brothers and are being questioned to prove the brothers alibis are false.

Thinking this way, gives me an accomplice that isn't too much of a stretch, (a BROTHER). I can't imagine committing this crime and deciding a good way to cover it up, (move the body), would be calling ANYONE for help -- unless it was a blood relation who has helped me, (or I have helped him), pull off other crimes, (both have records I believe and it is a guarantee police never caught a criminal in ALL of their crimes).

On the bright side: This gives us a get-away driver for up Pitcher Canyon! And maybe they stopped before the end of the pavement because they didn't want to leave tracks from their vehicle, (or to get evidence ON their vehicle). I still don't like this theory compared to my others, so I'll have to think about it some more.

One brother in the car with her, and the other at the boat ramp...?

Very good point didn't even think of that! But.... If she stopped at Lowes the actual day we know that they have surveillance. Most stores have a security camera on the doors so I would think she would have been seen.

Problem is there could be multiple videos that we just don't know about. I keep waiting for a REAL update... :banghead:

Are cameras used in stores actually recording, or is it just live footage? (Don't know if that is how you word it but hopefully someone knows what I mean)

Quote from WW article:

Jones said investigators are looking at other surveillance cameras in the region that may have captured Cowell or her vehicle.

“We’re looking at all the tapes that are available to us,” Jones said. “Those are key investigative tools.”

That does not include most of the state Department of Transportation cameras set up on highways to show travel conditions, because those cameras do not produce a tape, he said.

“Most of them are point-in-time, and they aren’t hooked to an actual recorder,” he said. The same is true of some of the Chelan County PUD cameras.

Here is the article:
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/19/suspicious-complaints-up-as-homicide/?online

Perhaps she didn't go in, if she did, in fact, go there. Maybe she just picked up her male passenger, out front. IF she went there.

Although it does sound like someone noticed something different at the CB location on Sat. morning, I'm still feeling body was placed there Tuesday. Maybe he/she/them/it came back Sat. early morning in an attempt to destroy or further destroy evidence but then couldn't go through with it. Eventual plan might have included coming back by boat after things quieted down and taking evidence out to be dumped downriver and further out of the way.

Edited: Maybe the murderer is a Dexter fan?

Could be. Disposing a body on the stretch of the Columbia River that is immediately south (down river) of the CB property would be a very good place to make a body disappear forever. The river can get up to 200 feet deep, and the western shores are extremely secluded. There are no roads on which vehicles are allowed to travel within miles. The area is accessible only by foot or horseback, but there is really no point in anybody hiking or riding into that area. And not even hunters walk around in that area.

The big hang up I have with the "boat theory" is this: it would have been much easier and less detectable if the perps had simply loaded MC's body directly into the boat at the location where her body was prior to transporting it to CB, and then drive to CB and launch the boat with her body already in the boat.

The only thing I can think of is that the perps didn't have time to load her body directly into the boat because they feared LE were going to discover MC's body very soon. Or, the perps were afraid that if they trailored a boat to CB on the same day they placed her body there, then this would look too suspicious to LE or others. The perps may have known or thought they were being followed by LE. But I don't know for sure.

To be clear, ALL of this is sheer SPECULATION.

Del Rio- Thanks for the pictures. Looks to me like the brody tracks are from some kind of motorcycle/dirt bike... I don't think those are from a truck or car... IMO.

The picture that you posted with the deck in the left side of the picture... is this the house that MC's body was found in behind? If so, I'm confused about where her body was found, I don't see any pond/stream in the backyard. Also, where are the brody tracks in relation to the house where MC was found? Next door?

Sorry for all the questions, I really appreciate you posting those pictures. Just trying to get myself oriented to where we are here.

Yes, that's the house where MC's body was found. If you look at photos Numbers 1 and 2 (posted on either the 3 or 4 thread), you can clearly see the pond near the driveway.

MC's body was found down by the river (about 15-feet from the water line, I think?). LE have not disclosed where exactly on the beach her body was found, but I SUSPECT that it was where that "brushy field" meets the shoreline.

Looking at the pictures, they do look more like motorcycle tracks rather than the "brodie" marks described by the neighbor

IMO, they were definitely done by a 2-wheeled vehicle. Definitely not done by anything with 4-wheels.

del rio...i remember back when you started posting these pictures the other night that you said one of them "looked so different in the fall". what exactly did you mean by that? i realize you said you were being vague on purpose...but is there any other clue/hint you could throw our way?

It's hard to describe, and it's mostly only my gut feelings (but still based upon the obvious differences), but something tells me that the red flag (and the area immediately around it) is extremely significant. All I can say right now is that there should have been a lot more bushes and foliage right there, and that spot is very trampled down. Either LE or somebody else expended a lot of time and effort right there where there should have been bushes way too thick to even reach your hand into.

Some of these pictures look like the fall season to me. Yeah....any more info?

No, none were taken in the fall. They were ALL taken last week.

sunhaven, i agree...there's GOT to be reason for the CB house in particular. also, what are everyone's takes on del rio's pictures??? does anyone know what the spray painted lines, the ribbons in the trees/shrubbery, and yellow spraypaint mean? or atleast have any theories??

I might be pointing out the obvious here, but they are all "evidence markers" placed by LE. What evidence they are marking is, obviously, the key question.

if the fbi is reinterviewing the mom and boyfriend then maybe they know and are close to solving who the killer is. as i said before i really do believe the mom is involved. i could be wrong. was the mom at the candlelight vigil?

Me, too. It is my HUNCH that WC is the "primary perp." One or more other persons may have helped her dispose of stuff post-death.

a. This is actually answered by her driving the car up Pitcher Canyon. Maybe they didn't meet-meet. Maybe the boat launch area was just a place to wait for him, or for him to wait for her, to show up so they could head out to location 1, with her getting in his vehicle along the way.

b. Could it be location 2, with some hint that it has already been searched with evidence collected???

c. CB place is familiar to him because he worked there. He never expect police to be all over him immediately, (before body was even found), otherwise he would have gotten out there with his boat before Saturday. Then it wouldn't have mattered if he had worked out there because that location never would have popped up on police radar.

Also, if he really was gonna come back and move that body down river, he must think it has some evidence on it that leads back to him. What would serve him right is if it turns out the body doesn't have any evidence on it but the location does lead right back to him.

Another thing that gets me is the amount of damage done to the face, as I understand it. It really doesn't seem to help him in anyway. If he really didn't want to do it, (which could be indicted by him possibly "losing his stomach" or the bag placed "on" head), he must have convinced himself it was a very necessary thing to do. Unless it was done during the initial heat-of-the-moment attack???

Alt.theory: Your theories and my theories are beginning to track more and more.

I think shes a bit out their.

If your talking about WC, I couldn't agree more.

Del Rio- Thanks for the pictures. Looks to me like the brody tracks are from some kind of motorcycle/dirt bike... I don't think those are from a truck or car... IMO.
QUOTE]

For sure.

Mornin' y'all. I used to race motorcross/dirt bikes, and I would have to agree with Wen111.

Although I still can't see the significance of the "brody" marks to this investigation... the close up pic provided by DelRio appears to be a single track (wheel) figure-eight. The terrain appears too rough, and the "ends" of the figure-eight loops appear too tight, for most regular street motorcycles. The turning radius of a dirtbike is much more fluid/tighter than a street bike. You can see where the dirt bike would "cut" or "dig" in at the corners, as the driver probably "gunned" or "blipped" the gas, with dirt spraying out behind the rear wheel, to make those big ruts in the corners.

I'd put my money on a dirt bike.

Your interpretation of the brodie marks is very accurate.

When I viewed the brodie marks in person, they definitely appeared to be made by a 2-wheeled vehicle. It looked like a person had driven a motorcycle round and round and round in a figure eight.

Yes, the terrain leading down to and including the brodie is very rough and steep. It is hard to get a true grasp of the steepness of the slope from photos.

The brody marks have been discussed a lot! However; Del Rio posted late Tuesday night that he had spent a lot of time on that property in the fall and the brody marks were there BEFORE this crime. However........it is still a question as to why the neighbors said they were "new" when he apparently saw them for the first time the day before Mackenzie's body was found there.
Plus, some of us thought that the media reporting on those would surely be able to tell if they were new or several months old! So, there is a question as to whether they were already there for several months or connected to the crime, somehow. I think the general consensus has been that they do appear to be made by a dirt bike. There has also been discussion about whether or not the figure 8 has some significance. Once again, to all the newcomers, it would help you much if you go back and read the threads from the beginning. It's time consuming, but very helpful.

I don't believe that the "neighbor" can even see that part of the CB property from his house or property. Even if he could, I think it would be difficult and could only be viewed from one or two particular spots.

Another thing we discussed about the pink tape a few days ago was that, if it is indeed a drag mark or wheel mark from a wheel barrow and the "trail" left in the process of getting MacKenzie's body from point A to where she was left...........is that IF her body was being moved FROM THE HOUSE, a different and more direct route would have more than likely been taken. Notice that the tape begins from that point off of the drive way, indicating perhaps that she was transported from a vehicle parked there, unless she was carried from the house to where a wheelbarrow awaited, but that doesn't seem plausible. Could just be that MacKenzie wasn't in the CB house at all, but the killer or accomplices were in order to "clean up" after placing her body in the yard. Just speculation..........

I like your theory of the wheelbarrow. If it's true, then that would probably have to mean that the perps drove there in a truck or large SUV or a trailer.

There were a few things in Rio's pix (thanks Rio) I hadn't seen before & some were kinda odd to me..Like the beach..It doesn't look like a place to walk along the shore..Very rocky & at some points it appears the water comes up almost to the brush..Even tho locals say otherwise I don't feel the perp expected anybody to come walking along to see the body.

I was under the impression there were no other homes around but I def saw some & one looked pretty close too..It's to the right in pix #?

It didn't seem like a car could be parked at the back of the house but I'm not as sure about that so I'll have to take another look.

Beach: The beach is walkable, but the river has been extremely low since January. I'm a local and I agree that the perps did NOT expect anybody to be walking along that beach (at least, not until summer). It's very uncommon for people to walk along that beach, especially this time of year.

Other Homes: The other homes you see in the photos are all summer vacation homes. And the homes nearest the CB property were recently built and are either unsold or have yet to be occupied.

Parking: It's possible to park a car behind the house, but I think it would be very difficult.

This theory intrigues me. Especially the reference to the Dexter character. I have never watched that show. However; if it is something that a suspect or poi watches a lot........easy enough to find out. The fact that the CB house is on the river and easy access to get..........MacKenzie...... into a boat from the shore and then downriver to dispose of........all of her. (sorry)
It would be somewhat difficult as he would have to put the boat in downriver and get up there without being seen.........or heard. I don't know if there is any kind of fishing this time of year that would help in disguising a reason to be out there in a boat right now?

It would not be difficult to launch a boat into the river and then drive it up river (about 1/2 mile).

Yes, there are several fishing boats on that stretch of the river every day--especially weekends. There are also lots of boats carrying duck hunters every day. So, a boat being launched or on the river would raise no eyebrows.

Wendy D. Cowell Well, I guess you have all heard about our terrible tragedy for my beautiful Mackenzie. Our hearts are so broken that I don't even know how you get throught something like this. It's hard to breath, let alone to think about the terrible things she must have endured to get where she is now. At least they are not hurting her anymore and God has graciously taken her to a better place, in his arms.
See MoreFebruary 15 at 8:26am · Comment ·

This entry leads me to believe that there was more than one person involved. ????

Great reading skill! It's kind of consipicuous that WC used the word "they." It indicates that she knows/believes that at least 2 perps were involved in MC's death.

Also, read what WC said to the WW in the February 13 article regarding the candle light vigil:

“We wanted to be productive and help,” said Wendy Cowell, Mackenzie’s mother. “I feel totally helpless. ... It can happen to anybody.”

It seems like WC was trying to deflect guilt or suspicions away from her.

I remember reading in ww from web editor that the one brother was already in jail at time of murder. When did 2nd brother go to jail?? It is also my understanding that one of them worked for BF.
Also probably not related with this but I also remeber an article that an employee from Lowes was caught stealing tools from there, said that he was putting them in the garbage shoot. said he was stealing them to sell them because he was so broke.

Good memory on that Lowes employee!! I had forgotten seeing that, but you reminded me, and in light of the new comments about Lowes, it could be worth looking into! Here is the link for the article about the theft at WW: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/23/tools-leave-store-via-garbage-chute/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip