WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
another thought-----Pitcher Canyon Road connects with a road named "Stiss" which connects to No. 2 Canyon. Couldn't the people involved have gone out that way and down into Wenatchee vs. down Squilchuck. And isn't there a road up No. 2 Canyon that goes over and joins up near Cashmere (or did it get washed out since I drove it?)-----which could allow one to loop around to Sunnyslope...............

Most of these roads that used to be interconnected are now gated off. I remember when I was a teen we would tool around up there a whole lot, you could drive from Wentchee to Cashmere, coming out on the Mission creek road. I know for a fact that the Mission creek road that connects with Devil's Gulch, and from there to Cashmere or the ridge is now closed off.

Actually, they may not be looking for calls per se - they want the GPS information from the tower records. That way you can tell where people were.

If any of her friends were near the body dump site - well, they have a lot of explainin' to do.

Yes, they will also be looking for pings that correspond with their timeline.

Looking at the pictures, they do look more like motorcycle tracks rather than the "brodie" marks described by the neighbor

oooh bummer that was a cool backroad to drive......

That said though, it doesn't mean that someone couldn't walk from the top of Pitcher and down Saddlerock or through the old Hanna mining complex. It wouldn't be terribly difficult or long if you followed the ridges, and there was no snow up there at the time of her disappearance.

del rio...i remember back when you started posting these pictures the other night that you said one of them "looked so different in the fall". what exactly did you mean by that? i realize you said you were being vague on purpose...but is there any other clue/hint you could throw our way?

del rio...i remember back when you started posting these pictures the other night that you said one of them "looked so different in the fall". what exactly did you mean by that? i realize you said you were being vague on purpose...but is there any other clue/hint you could throw our way?

Some of these pictures look like the fall season to me. Yeah....any more info?

Ok, I'm unsure if thread #4 is coming back --of course it had my best alt theory in it -- so I'm gonna try again and make some slight changes.

Two things are hard to overcome for me with the facts as I understand them, (that actually makes them not facts but opinions so they CANNOT be wrong).

* First: Why leave car up Pitcher Canyon? As stated before and for numerous reasons NOT a good location for a suspect to dump a car.

* Second: Why does no one seem to know where she was headed after class? It seems MC was keeping that secret herself, if so why?

My theory solves both of these. Here we go:

She sets up a meeting with (insert your prime suspect here). She has had or is having a relationship or possible some type of illegal dealings with this person. (I'm leaning towards relationship with older male.) Could be someone we've all been talking about, could be someone she has met through Gold's Gym. Older male makes it a double no-no and so she doesn't tell a soul this secret.

So, they make contact through cell phone and set up a place to meet, (it appears police are getting his cell phone records right now). They drive out towards Pitcher Canyon each in their own car until reaching end of pavement where she hops in with him. They go this way either because they have a destination they have gone to before, (empty house on market), or simply to take a drive up to snow-line, (maybe she has something to tell him???). Whatever it is she says, he doesn't take it well and in heat-of-moment strikes her using something probably not thought of as a weapon he has grabbed from his vehicle, (pickup?). The blow kills her. This is location 1.

It hits him what he has done. He runs through his mind for ideas. He's watched the Dexter series on cable tv. He wants to attempt something of that nature but he feels like a cornered animal up this dead-end canyon so he gets her body in the vehicle and drives out, passing MC's car along the way. From here he takes her to location 2. A place very familiar to him. He gets to work on what he thinks he can accomplish. (Watch any episode of Dexter and I think that is what he tried). He can't do it. He gives up, but figures he can still accomplish most of the plan. He just needs to get the body to a location where it won't be found and which he can pick up later by boat. He takes body out to CB, (location 3), leaving body very close to beach, but not so close as to be easily spotted. He breaks down here as well, not believing what he has done. He drives away with part of him actually hoping to get caught so he would never have to see that body and what he has done again. It really won't matter, he vividly pictures it all the time anyway.

There it is. Actually fairly simple, I think. Although there are some issues.

First: I know there is indications that the footprints left near her car were not hers. Personally, I think that scene was compromised, so no good footprints could have been found. Wasn't it just about dark when first officers arrived? Didn't the reporting party say he had got close enough to look in the backseat to see change of clothes? Maybe someone else had also checked it out?

Second: There is her cell phone usage. I think this is where LE is probably on the verge of out-right lying to us. We know they won't tell us who the last call was to, (very likely the prime-suspect), but just calling her isn't enough to focus on him or name him as a suspect. They need real evidence. He has gotten rid of the plastic sheeting and tools he used. Unless he slipped up somewhere with the evidence police will almost have to have his confession. My opinion is, they aren't gonna get it. By now, he's had time to justify what he's done and realized he can live with it. Police will likely have caught him in a half a dozen lies about his alibi but that doesn't actually prove anything either. Although suspects, (even innocent ones*), have been convicted with less. *Google "innocence project"

Now onward with the discussion.

Chelan County Sheriff's Office 280
07:06 Law Incident Summary Report, by Incident Number Page: 1

Number Time and Date Nature Address Loctn Dsp
--------- ----------------- --------------- -------------------------- ----- ---
Agency: Chelan County Sheriff's Office
10C01796 02:39:58 03/03/10 Harass/Threat 3204 OHME RD, WENATCHEE, W 4 ACT
10C01797 06:39:40 03/03/10 Assist Public 118 UNION VALLEY RD, CHELA 2 ACT
10C01798 08:21:54 03/03/10 Miscellaneous 140 S MISSION ST, WENATCHE S ACT
10C01799 07:21:43 03/03/10 Hazard RIVER RD; BY SLIDE AREA, L 1 ACT
10C01801 07:36:46 03/03/10 Vehicle Prowl 2109 ENTIAT WAY; FOREST SE EN ACT
10C01802 08:34:11 03/03/10 Miscellaneous 140 S MISSION ST, WENATCHE S ACT
10C01803 08:34:49 03/03/10 Traffic Info US 97; SB FROM WELLS DAM, 2 ACT
10C01804 08:38:18 03/03/10 Miscellaneous 140 S MISSION ST, WENATCHE S ACT
10C01805 08:38:38 03/03/10 Alarm 100 APPLE ANNIE AVE, CASHM 5 ACT
10C01806 09:02:14 03/03/10 Noise 227 E ALLEN AVE; GARAGE IN CH ACT
10C01807 09:26:44 03/03/10 Suspicious 940 US 2; LEAVENWORTH CHAM LV ACT
10C01808 09:42:10 03/03/10 Malicious Misch 3141 HANSEL LN, PESHASTIN, 6 ACT
10C01809 09:58:19 03/03/10 Theft COOPER GULCH RD; ECHO RIDG 2 ACT
10C01810 10:03:44 03/03/10 Trespass 4955 KEYSTONE PL, ENTIAT, 7 ACT
10C01811 10:03:18 03/03/10 Burglary 1117 FRONT ST; ROOM 51 EVE LV ACT
10C01812 10:07:10 03/03/10 Drugs 100 APPLE ANNIE AVE, CASHM 5 ACT
10C01813 10:29:57 03/03/10 Suspicious 2921 SCHOOL ST;MOONLIGHT M 4 ACT
10C01814 10:35:28 03/03/10 Malicious Misch ECHO RIDGE, CHELAN, WA ACT
10C01815 11:37:29 03/03/10 Assist Agency 4902 YAKSUM CANYON RD, CAS 5 ACT
10C01816 11:44:28 03/03/10 Theft 210 WEBSTER AVE; CHELAN HI CH ACT
10C01817 11:56:12 03/03/10 Accident No Inj E NIXON AVE; LAUNDRY MAT, CH ACT
10C01818 12:01:21 03/03/10 Animal Problem JOE MILLER RD; AREA, MALAG 4 ACT
10C01819 11:58:29 03/03/10 Parking/Abandon 116 RIVER BEND DR; BEHIND LV ACT
10C01820 12:33:17 03/03/10 Burglary 4098 TOKAY AVE, MALAGA, WA 4 ACT
10C01821 12:51:55 03/03/10 Littering 2250 GREEN AVE, MANSON, WA MA ACT
10C01822 13:27:52 03/03/10 Graffiti 2775 ENTIAT WAY, ENTIAT, W EN ACT
10C01823 14:27:21 03/03/10 Juvenile Proble 117 APLETS WAY; CASHMERE V CA ACT
10C01824 14:38:00 03/03/10 Malicious Misch 3995 SQUILCHUCK RD, WENATC 4 ACT
10C01825 14:51:07 03/03/10 Disturbance CHELAN, CHELAN, WA ACT
10C01826 15:30:46 03/03/10 Fraud/Forgery 14440 OLIN ST, ENTIAT, WA 7 ACT
10C01827 16:08:21 03/03/10 Assist Public 7944 EAGLE CREEK RD, LEAVE 3 ACT
10C01828 16:07:25 03/03/10 Traffic Offense APLETS WAY, CASHMERE, WA 5 ACT
10C01829 16:42:03 03/03/10 Warrant MALAGA ALCOA HWY MP 4, WEN 4 ACT
10C01830 17:08:02 03/03/10 Disturbance 2038 ENTIAT WAY; ENTIAT FO EN ACT
10C01831 17:39:55 03/03/10 Malicious Misch 115 E PLEASANT AVE;13, CAS CA ACT
10C01832 18:45:32 03/03/10 Trespass 204 SKYLINE DR, CASHMERE, CA ACT
10C01833 18:57:43 03/03/10 Civil 15 UNION VALLEY RD, CHELAN CH ACT
10C01834 20:07:52 03/03/10 Welfare Check 2671 SUMAC LN, LEAVENWORTH 1 ACT
10C01835 20:41:31 03/03/10 911 149 EASY ST;FOOD PAVILION, 4 ACT
10C01836 20:46:54 03/03/10 Assist Agency 243 BOHART RD; SHOP, WENAT 4 ACT
10C01837 21:31:29 03/03/10 Traffic Offense US 2 & EASY ST, WENATCHEE, 4 ACT
10C01838 23:18:32 03/03/10 Vehicle Prowl EASY ST & OHME GARDEN RD; 4 ACT
10C01839 23:33:19 03/03/10 Vehicle Prowl SCHOOL RD; 7031, DRYDEN, W 6 ACT
10C01840 23:41:32 03/03/10 Vehicle Prowl 6817 DRYDEN AVE; ACROSS TH 5 ACT
10C01841 23:42:57 03/03/10 Assist Public GREEN AVE, MANSON, WA MA ACT

Who ever posted she was up late or early in the morning on wed and was practicing calling 911. Im sorry I aint seeing it.

Ok, I'm unsure if thread #4 is coming back --of course it had my best alt theory in it -- so I'm gonna try again and make some slight changes.

Two things are hard to overcome for me with the facts as I understand them, (that actually makes them not facts but opinions so they CANNOT be wrong).

* First: Why leave car up Pitcher Canyon? As stated before and for numerous reasons NOT a good location for a suspect to dump a car.

* Second: Why does no one seem to know where she was headed after class? It seems MC was keeping that secret herself, if so why?

My theory solves both of these. Here we go:

She sets up a meeting with (insert your prime suspect here). She has had or is having a relationship or possible some type of illegal dealings with this person. (I'm leaning towards relationship with older male.) Could be someone we've all been talking about, could be someone she has met through Gold's Gym. Older male makes it a double no-no and so she doesn't tell a soul this secret.

So, they make contact through cell phone and set up a place to meet, (it appears police are getting his cell phone records right now). They drive out towards Pitcher Canyon each in their own car until reaching end of pavement where she hops in with him. They go this way either because they have a destination they have gone to before, (empty house on market), or simply to take a drive up to snow-line, (maybe she has something to tell him???). Whatever it is she says, he doesn't take it well and in heat-of-moment strikes her using something probably not thought of as a weapon he has grabbed from his vehicle, (pickup?). The blow kills her. This is location 1.

It hits him what he has done. He runs through his mind for ideas. He's watched the Dexter series on cable tv. He wants to attempt something of that nature but he feels like a cornered animal up this dead-end canyon so he gets her body in the vehicle and drives out, passing MC's car along the way. From here he takes her to location 2. A place very familiar to him. He gets to work on what he thinks he can accomplish. (Watch any episode of Dexter and I think that is what he tried). He can't do it. He gives up, but figures he can still accomplish most of the plan. He just needs to get the body to a location where it won't be found and which he can pick up later by boat. He takes body out to CB, (location 3), leaving body very close to beach, but not so close as to be easily spotted. He breaks down here as well, not believing what he has done. He drives away with part of him actually hoping to get caught so he would never have to see that body and what he has done again. It really won't matter, he vividly pictures it all the time anyway.

There it is. Actually fairly simple, I think. Although there are some issues.

First: I know there is indications that the footprints left near her car were not hers. Personally, I think that scene was compromised, so no good footprints could have been found. Wasn't it just about dark when first officers arrived? Didn't the reporting party say he had got close enough to look in the backseat to see change of clothes? Maybe someone else had also checked it out?

Second: There is her cell phone usage. I think this is where LE is probably on the verge of out-right lying to us. We know they won't tell us who the last call was to, (very likely the prime-suspect), but just calling her isn't enough to focus on him or name him as a suspect. They need real evidence. He has gotten rid of the plastic sheeting and tools he used. Unless he slipped up somewhere with the evidence police will almost have to have his confession. My opinion is, they aren't gonna get it. By now, he's had time to justify what he's done and realized he can live with it. Police will likely have caught him in a half a dozen lies about his alibi but that doesn't actually prove anything either. Although suspects, (even innocent ones*), have been convicted with less. *Google "innocence project"

Now onward with the discussion.

OK. My story in my head agrees with a lot you have listed. 3 issues.
a. Why, why, why, if you were meeting someone clandestine would you meet them so close to where your mom works (she could see your car or you so easily)?
b. What about the evidence posters here have talked about up at Sunnyslope in the spec home?
c. And my biggest issue----why if you wanted to hide a body wouldn't you stop somewhere along the river---or even stay on the other side of the river and leave the body in a place where there is no house, where there is very little chance of any one "stumbling" onto it? You could still retrieve it with a boat later. No---it still seems symbolic to me that the person(s) chose that house----in the dark!!!!!!!!!! (I am guessing that because otherwise someone would have noticed them at a vacant house carrying things out of a vehicle). You would have to know that house and yard and beach to do this in the dark. I know someone is going to say---well the criminal was panicky and just wasn't thinking. But this looks so unrandom, it was done in the dark, it was done over time, it was done using 3 houses for sale as behavioral landmarks.

alt.theory, could you explain the dexter reference? i don't watch the show. also, thecrux, can you post a link to this website? that wasn't from the manson tribune was it?

sunhaven, i agree...there's GOT to be reason for the CB house in particular. also, what are everyone's takes on del rio's pictures??? does anyone know what the spray painted lines, the ribbons in the trees/shrubbery, and yellow spraypaint mean? or atleast have any theories??

alt.theory, could you explain the dexter reference? i don't watch the show. also, thecrux, can you post a link to this website? that wasn't from the manson tribune was it?

manson tribune

My theory about the pink/orange spray painted like extending from the driveway to the marshy area is that is a tire track made from a wheelbarrow. Other people on previous threads speculated these lines mark where MC may have been "dragged"... but I think the markings are too precise for that, it looks as if they follow a tire track directly. Also, the line follows what almost looks to be like a path worn in the grass, which would make it easier to push a wheelbarrow along.

alt.theory, could you explain the dexter reference?

Dexter, cable tv show. Lead character, Dexter, plays forensic investigator in Miami, who doubles as serial murderer, (to add viewer sympathy he only kills bad people that the law cannot reach). We also get to listen to his inner monologue the entire episodes. Preparing the kill room by hanging plastic sheeting over everything. Cutting body into smaller parts and then taking them to sea in his boat and dumping them. It's mostly "a make the viewer squeamish" show without too much plot.

isn't there a lake by mission ridge? i wonder if the fbi checked up there.

if the fbi is reinterviewing the mom and boyfriend then maybe they know and are close to solving who the killer is. as i said before i really do believe the mom is involved. i could be wrong. was the mom at the candlelight vigil?

thanks* del rio for showing the pictures....they seem to help alot

For what its worth I have a background in wireless triangulation if any new info comes up regarding cell use. Only mentioning because there seemed to be alot of confusion over location based on "pings"

If the perp and MC were both carrying cell phones, could LE tie both of those
phones together in the same vicinity at the time she left the hair academy
and when her phone was shut off?

a. Why, why, why, if you were meeting someone clandestine would you meet them so close to where your mom works (she could see your car or you so easily)?
b. What about the evidence posters here have talked about up at Sunnyslope in the spec home?
c. And my biggest issue----why if you wanted to hide a body wouldn't you stop somewhere along the river.

a. This is actually answered by her driving the car up Pitcher Canyon. Maybe they didn't meet-meet. Maybe the boat launch area was just a place to wait for him, or for him to wait for her, to show up so they could head out to location 1, with her getting in his vehicle along the way.

b. Could it be location 2, with some hint that it has already been searched with evidence collected???

c. CB place is familiar to him because he worked there. He never expect police to be all over him immediately, (before body was even found), otherwise he would have gotten out there with his boat before Saturday. Then it wouldn't have mattered if he had worked out there because that location never would have popped up on police radar.

Also, if he really was gonna come back and move that body down river, he must think it has some evidence on it that leads back to him. What would serve him right is if it turns out the body doesn't have any evidence on it but the location does lead right back to him.

Another thing that gets me is the amount of damage done to the face, as I understand it. It really doesn't seem to help him in anyway. If he really didn't want to do it, (which could be indicted by him possibly "losing his stomach" or the bag placed "on" head), he must have convinced himself it was a very necessary thing to do. Unless it was done during the initial heat-of-the-moment attack???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member