WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, wait... I just thought of something... this is freaky. Gonna roll with it again.

First two rumors than wild theory about to be thrown at you:

1st: We've heard rumors MC was gonna go for realignment surgery on her lower jaw to correct some over-bite, (or was it under?).

2nd: We've heard rumors WC had or was about to buy a truck for JF, (and that MC was at the dealership when they were looking at trucks).

Wild speculation follows: Does this make MC jealous that he's getting a new truck before she gets her surgery? Does that cause her to fight with JF, threatening to reveal some secret about him to WC? Is this enrage him to the point of attempting the jaw realignment himself while torturing and killing her? Or does he hire some quack doctor who attempts to do it for cash out and the surgery goes horrible wrong, making the death still an accident?

Ok, that last one was probably a bit too far. Weird, where my mind sometimes take me...

Well according to court documents her Dad pretty much pays for everything so I dont know that WC was going to be the one responsible for the jaw surgery. Purely speculation of course. I hope that was ok to say that...

IWould the river/lake area have been a means for clean up, or are we leaning toward the outdoor kitchen area? If there were multiple stab wounds and attempts at dismemberment, the blood loss would have been substantial. UNLESS it was done post mortem.

The above info is the rumor I heard, from a friend, of a friend, of a friend.

I am a first-time poster! Go easy on me! Here are just a few things that I have been thinking as I have been following the WW articles with comments by the readers, and the WS threads:
1. Wasn't she suppose to have gone to dinner at her dad's home in Orondo?
(thought i read this but don't know if it was here or WW) If so, what time was she to be there? And, was her BF suppose to be there too?
2. I don't find the short texts of "Hey" at all strange. Kids sometimes just touch base with each other. Heck, I still do that kind of thing!
3. Has anyone given a time she was supposedly at the carwash? Could this have been en route to the Academy? Giving someone a ride, dash into carwash to get road grime off, drop off person she gave ride, then get to Hair Academy?
4. Maybe this was just a "Wow, look who it is! I have a couple hours before I have to be home, wanna hang?" Couple hours turned into turning off her own cell so she wouldn't have to answer the question "where are you??"
then it turns ugly...

Just some thoughts to ponder... I know its all over the place, but how do you keep your thoughts in order when there seems to be no order...

If she was killed at CB, I still firmly believe that there would have been a great deal of blood. Do we think forensics were there long enough for a specimen collection of those sorts? Stabbing victims don't lose as much blood as if the person were cut. Did anyone notice how long they were there for? Maybe this was asked before, but would the water have been turned on in that house? I know sometimes electricity is left on, but water?? Would the river/lake area have been a means for clean up, or are we leaning toward the outdoor kitchen area? If there were multiple stab wounds and attempts at dismemberment, the blood loss would have been substantial. UNLESS it was done post mortem.

I know that they found her body on Saturday and they were gone on Monday, with only caution tape laying loosely on things- nothing was really taped off. This makes me think the crime did not occur here. I looked at the spot where she was found and there was nothing that closely resembled blood at all. There was also never any caution tape around the house, which you would think if the murder took place inside.

I would think the water was turned off. We always turn the water off when leaving my parent's home over there for long periods of time during the winter. However, its very easy to turn the water back on!

That is very interesting. I hadn't heard that before. Is it just me or did he seem to be avoiding the interviewers questions on a possible POI? He did end up saying, "we have not named a POI" or something like that but still. I feel like they know, they just need all the evidence they can get before they pounce on this piece of GARBAGE!

EXACTLY!

My reaction was, "They know who this is, and they're just not telling."

And he seemed to be just going through the motions about telling women to buddy up, be observant...because that's what you're supposed to say when a killer is on the loose. He couldn't very well say, "Well, Steve, we know who the killer is, so women don't have to worry...this was a crime against a specific, targeted victim, not an arbitrary grab/murder. So women out there, just keep doing what you're doing, because you're not at danger from this killer."

After hearing that, my impression is that they know who killed her, and now they are just waiting for the DNA and other lab work to get back.

The dirt road further up is probably inaccessible to the postman.
Snipped.

Whomever ditched the car had to have known the road and did not want to chance getting stuck or running into problems on the undeveloped road beyond the pavement. Leads me to think that it was definitely a local, maybe someone who was familiar with the road and maybe used the unpaved road to go hiking or such.

For those who are locals, would your average resident of Wenatchee/East Wenatchee know the road very well? Is it a well traveled road? Just based on the descriptions here it doesn't seem to really go anywhere unless you happen to live along the road.

IMHO the road was chosen simply because, in a panicked condition, it was familiar to whomever abandoned the car. To use an analogy, in a burning room one tends to run to the door one came in and is most familiar with, and not the closest or best exit.

Yeah, wait... I just thought of something... this is freaky. Gonna roll with it again.

1st: We've heard rumors MC was gonna go for realignment surgery on her lower jaw to correct some over-bite, (or was it under?).

2nd: We've heard rumors WC had or was about to buy a truck for JF, (and that MC was at the dealership when they were looking at trucks).

Wild speculation follows: Does this make MC jealous that he's getting a new truck before she gets her surgery? Does that cause her to fight with JF, threatening to reveal some secret about him to WC? Does this enrage JF to the point of attempting the jaw realignment himself while torturing and killing her? Or does he hire some quack doctor who attempts to do it for cash and the surgery goes horrible wrong, making the death still an accident?

Ok, that last one was probably a bit too far. Weird, where my mind sometimes take me...

I had thought about why Mackenzie did not get the jaw surgery much earlier in her life, especially since it was the cause of teasing that was apparently quite brutal. However; I think (I don't know) they probably had to wait for bones to finish growing, etc. I can't imagine not having the surgery done when she was younger unless there was a medical reason for it. IMO
Any input on that Hotmadre?

Wild speculation follows: Does this make MC jealous that he's getting a new truck before she gets her surgery? Does that cause her to fight with JF, threatening to reveal some secret about him to WC? Does this enrage JF to the point of attempting the jaw realignment himself while torturing and killing her? Or does he hire some quack doctor who attempts to do it for cash and the surgery goes horrible wrong, making the death still an accident?

I thought she already had this surgery, no? I couldn't see an underbite in her senior pictures, but it looked like she had one in younger pictures... can anyone confirm this?

The above info is the rumor I heard, from a friend, of a friend, of a friend.
can you share which portion was a rumor? The status of the water? The outdoor kitchen as potential clean up? The clean up in the lake? OR the brutality done post mortem? Thanks!!

I wonder how long before the analysis from the two labs is complete. I found this information at the following link - http://www.komonews.com/news/local/81938347.html

"Testing for DNA on average takes two months. Fingerprint exams take about 47 days. Microanalysis - looking at fibers, shoe prints and other evidence - can take about five months."...
and...
"Still, the backlog at the labs regularly delays investigations and charging decisions, Roe said.

Thanks, suns.

That's a LONG time.

I hope they get back some prelim results that won't take so long.

Well according to court documents her Dad pretty much pays for everything so I dont know that WC was going to be the one responsible for the jaw surgery. Purely speculation of course. I hope that was ok to say that...

I know from the divorce my parents went through, the cost of big ticket items were shared, (although my parents got along well enough after the divorce that they could talk about finances and who would make payments for what.)

I think I was just trying to tie together this rumor about her needing lower jaw surgery and the rumor of her horribly disfigured face/lower jaw/braces removed/etc.

I know that they found her body on Saturday and they were gone on Monday, with only caution tape laying loosely on things- nothing was really taped off. This makes me think the crime did not occur here. I looked at the spot where she was found and there was nothing that closely resembled blood at all. There was also never any caution tape around the house, which you would think if the murder took place inside.

I would think the water was turned off. We always turn the water off when leaving my parent's home over there for long periods of time during the winter. However, its very easy to turn the water back on!

I did read in the WW article relating to the neighbor that noticed the brody marks and "all the new tracks" that he was surprised to look down there a few hours later to see 13 vehicles and a lot of people! He did say that they put tape down for them to use as pathways for walking around while collecting evidence. I also noticed the taping off of the part of the drive-way that had the skid marks on it that were in the bend and in the opposite direction of the drive way. If that is where the "truck" or "car" ? backed down, it doesn't look like they would have been able to go very far and probably left the skid marks on the way back up. IMO

Possible tire tread evidence?

I thought she already had this surgery, no? I couldn't see an underbite in her senior pictures, but it looked like she had one in younger pictures... can anyone confirm this?

I believe her friends said that the braces were in preparation for the upcoming surgery.

curious if anyone has called chelan county jail. im pretty sure they would give you bail ans possibly when the brothers were booked. im to chicken to call myself.

Snipped.

Whomever ditched the car had to have known the road and did not want to chance getting stuck or running into problems on the undeveloped road beyond the pavement. Leads me to think that it was definitely a local, maybe someone who was familiar with the road and maybe used the unpaved road to go hiking or such.

For those who are locals, would your average resident of Wenatchee/East Wenatchee know the road very well? Is it a well traveled road? Just based on the descriptions here it doesn't seem to really go anywhere unless you happen to live along the road.

IMHO the road was chosen simply because, in a panicked condition, it was familiar to whomever abandoned the car. To use an analogy, in a burning room one tends to run to the door one came in and is most familiar with, and not the closest or best exit.

Yes, I believe they probably knew the road. It isn't well traveled because it is essentially a dead end, but I've been local for 30ish years and even not knowing anyone up there I've tooled around on that road, but then I just like to drive and the views up there are lovely.

I've said from the beginning that I don't think her car would have made it. I went up there the day after she disappeared, and the steep portion beyond the pavement was very muddy and rutted. It is quite possible that the perp wanted to take her car further but upon discovering they couldn't left it where they did and took their chances.

Your burning room analogy is a good one, it's the reason I was convinced at first that she was killed somewhere further up the heights/ridge/Squilchuck area, but now we know that probably isn't true.

If she was killed at CB by a single perp and her car used to get there, PC could have been a good compromise to avoid driving back through town but still be close enough to walk back home. However, if there was an accomplice there would have been much better areas, such as Rock Island Grade. It's hard for me to understand why PC if we assume an accomplice. A car could sit up on the Grade for weeks before being found, and that road is gravel and very drivable with no homes for miles.

curious if anyone has called chelan county jail. im pretty sure they would give you bail ans possibly when the brothers were booked. im to chicken to call myself.

I called the jail... back in a sec...

sorry... ok, C R was jailed 2/22 and has a 3/14/10 release date. Department of corrections disc. hold dating back from 2 cases in '05 and '06.
D R was jailed the same day (interesting) 2/22 and has a release of 3/16/10.
Probation violation for him.
I asked if the release date is tentative or exact and she said it depends if anything else has come up in the system at their release time. (either pending, current or new charges...)
As soon as I said their names, she said "oh yeah," so either she has heard of their charges or every person in wenatchee has been calling!!

ww published internet detctives in todays paper. All those who didnt read it online this weekend now will. there will probablly be a huge amount of vistors to this site now with alot more opinions.

sorry... ok, C R was jailed 2/22 and has a 3/14/10 release date. Department of corrections disc. hold dating back from 2 cases in '05 and '06.
D R was jailed the same day (interesting) 2/22 and has a release of 3/16/10.
Probation violation for him.
I asked if the release date is tentative or exact and she said it depends if anything else has come up in the system at their release time. (either pending, current or new charges...)
As soon as I said their names, she said "oh yeah," so either she has heard of their charges or every person in wenatchee has been calling!!

thanks grey. that is pretty interesting. iwould imagine if other people have contacted them it hasnt been from this board or they would have posted info already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
looneymom