WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can tell you is that we arrived just as LE were arriving on the scene, and the people that discovered her body told us there was a bag over her head when they found her.

Thank you for answering! Well, that's pretty conclusive then imo. How sad...I just can't imagine a random murder being this gruesome. It happens, but more often than not when a victim has had such unspeakable things done to them such as we have heard, it's personal. I just can't even imagine. :)

I'm wondering if this surgery may be a series of surgeries rather than just one anyway? I'm not in the medical field, but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing that could be corrected with one. Maybe it is though...
*nurse raises hand* this is a one step surgery where the jaw is broken, reset, and wired into place. However braces are usually worn pre op to align the teeth

What I can tell you is that we arrived just as LE were arriving on the scene, and the people that discovered her body told us there was a bag over her head when they found her.

Is there anything else you can share with us? (who discovered her body, more about the condition of it?

Speaking of the bag...I've just been trying to keep up with y'all and not doing too well at times (real life tends to interfere!) so this may have been mentioned previously. I apologize in advance if it has :). I know that the rumor is that Mackenzie had a bag over her head . . .

The first reference to a bag on her head that I could find here at WS was posted all the way back on 03/03 in the 3rd thread, post #493, that said in part:

<snip>
pmrichie

Add to the list of things I have heard from a good source, the fact that MAC did have a bag over her head when found.
</snip>

Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #3 - Page 20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This has been brought up a number of times by other individuals in other threads that seem to confirm the same information.

It's also the same day the Lowes guy was arrested. Maybe they were part of that?

This was also published the evening of the 22nd. A lot was going on the 22nd...

Investigators: Homicide victim was not sexually assaulted

“We don’t want people to think there is some crazed rapist out there,” said Sgt. Cherie Smith of the Wenatchee Police Department. “That was not the motivation for this at all.”

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/22/homicide-victim-was-not-sexually-assaulted/?online

or... perhaps the killer was close enough to MC to know that she went there to go fourwheeling. Just a thought

((aside: I have followed along on this case from the start but have not posted much))

thoughts on the car placement/timing:

1) I think the perp used his vehicle to transport her body as we have not heard of any forensics coming back on her car. (eta: if she had been transported in her own car there would be some sort of evidence to that effect and LE has already stated they do not think she was killed at the river/looking for third crime scene)

2) I could see (rumored blood evidence at spec house) this as the "third" crime scene police are referring to and the place where she was killed

3) I could see her sitting in her car at the river area waiting to "meet" someone and texts her boyfriend, "hey" as she sits and waits in the car. I could see them than leaving in the perps car and going perhaps to the spec house where they could 'talk' with more privacy.

4) I can than see the perp driving her body to the dump site in his vehicle (and for some reason I keep seeing a truck but that is just my "nurse intuition" coming out)

5) I can see him than return to the river, park his car, drive her car to the area, and walk back to retrieve his own vehicle.

due to time restraints I also think he could have left her body in his car while placing her car. Than walked back down to his truck and drove to dump site
------------------

all of the above is just moo/thoughts on what could possibly have happened.

Possibly, but what about the car wash with the male passenger between 3:30 and 4:30?

they must have not included the footprints of the 911 caller. as it was stated he noticed clothing in the car. so he must have gotten close enough to leave his own prints. i also have trouble with the finder of mc. but need more research first

What do you mean by "you have trouble with the finder of mc." ?

Another thing that has been alluded to at times is the possibility of a gunshot wound, as opposed to shotgun..........in one leg? Is this RUMOR RUMOR..........UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOR VS SUBSTANTIATED RUMOR OR JUST PLAIN SPECULATION? It would help to figure out if she was disabled............... possibly while trying to get away. Also, if it is more true than false (sigh) might show that killer did NOT intend to kill at first but maybe she fought for her life! God.............I hope she got that opportunity! ummmmmmmm.........speculation.

I thought that the police said they couldn't confirm the identity of the body because of the damage done? If only one arm was cut, that isn't extensive damage... has anyone else heard this? Even though the LE haven't announced her cause of death, I was thinking it would have either been from blunt force head trauma or internal bleeding from the stab wounds. It doesn't sound like she had a lot of stab wounds now, however.

What do others think?

Yes, I heard the same things. Rumor, but exactly the same.

My thoughts... Murderer had Mac at the crime scene (which has yet to be discovered) Killing occurs. Murderer calls for help to move her vehicle. Calls jailed bros. One drives Macs car to PC. Other brother follows to PC. Gets a call from murderer on way saying to check for her cell phone so car can't be located quickly. Reaches into her purse and finds cell phone and shuts it off. Gets in car with brother and heads back to town. Meanwhile murderer has left Mac at crime scene. He leaves briefly to go to spec house and get a tool. Goes back and does whatever he does to Mac. :( prepares her body for transport to CB. Cleans scene up and tool. Returns tool to spec house and enters via garage. Leaves a partial bloody footprint on floor which is later found when LE enters home.
Takes her body in the dark and places it where it is located.
Vehicle is located and dusted for prints. LE notices seat is too far back for Mac to have been driving, so they assume someone drove her car there. Prints are a match in the data base for a jailed convict brother. One brother is brought in on print discovery. Won't talk. Second brother is brought in because he missed his court date the prior week. Brothers are not cooperating. Both are being held on no bail. Murderer should have bruises cuts scrapes markings or something on him. Even if it was a clean kill, the after work would have been messy. Delivering the body in the dark and hauling up and down hills, in sticky bushes etc. perp should be injured to some extent.
It is only a matter of time.

I was looking at posts from yesterday and wanted to know how/why you think there was a bloody footprint at the spec house?

She was at the Orondo Street Boat launch, the one by Gold's Gym.

Since many of us are not from the area could you clarify that the boat launch that you spotted WC at, is the same one where LE says that Mackenzie was on the 9th, before she went missing?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a pain - just want to be sure. :)

1) I think the perp used his vehicle to transport her body as we have not heard of any forensics coming back on her car. (eta: if she had been transported in her own car there would be some sort of evidence to that effect and LE has already stated they do not think she was killed at the river/looking for third crime scene)

4) I can than see the perp driving her body to the dump site in his vehicle (and for some reason I keep seeing a truck but that is just my "nurse intuition" coming out)

due to time restraints I also think he could have left her body in his car while placing her car. Than walked back down to his truck and drove to dump site
------------------

all of the above is just moo/thoughts on what could possibly have happened.

Kinda my thoughts too...Maybe fact, maybe rumor??? Nothing's proven so I guess it's rumor.

Since many of us are not from the area could you clarify that the boat launch that you spotted WC at, is the same one where LE says that Mackenzie was on the 9th, before she went missing?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a pain - just want to be sure. :)

That is correct.

Another thing I was thinking about is if LE have looked at garbage dumps in the area that construction workers usually go to....I know people in construction and sometimes they'll throw in some of their own garbage to the pile that is being dumped for the job. There could possibly be phone parts, murder weapon, stuff used to clean up, plastic, etc.

The guy who was busted for the thefts was putting stuff in the garbage chute, and then after he'd get off work, he'd pull around and load the stuff up. Sounded like a one-man operation by a stupid criminal.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/23/tools-leave-store-via-garbage-chute/

Yes, exactly. Hid around store and then placed into garbage bags later. They may have decided they couldn't charge them, but it was said that a certain "trash collector" was helping by retrieving hidden items, bagging them up, throwing them away, and then the other would come pick them up.

More likely a partially-paved access road, if I'm picturing it correctly?

I went and took a look at where her car was left so that I could have a better understanding of what was being discussed. I have lived in Wenatchee my entire life. As a teenager, my friends and I would go for drives on that road but I had never been to the end of it. I was surprised how far up the road goes. After seeing where her car was left I really wonder if someone didn't plan to go back and move it. While the house does sit up on a hill obviously the killer would know that the owner would eventually come home/leave and drive past a car sitting on their property.

If someone was hoping to keep the car hidden for any period of time they would have to be beyond stupid to believe this place would do.

I think it's been established that the Lowe's guy was 1) stupid and 2) worked alone. JMHO

I wish I could tell you exactly what I was told about the theft, but I don't want to get anyone in trouble. From the details I heard about the theft ring I would be very surprised if they were related. While the paper only lists one person, there were others involved. Theft rings go on all the time in retail stores. I witnessed a HUGE one at my last place of employment. Yes, the guy was an idiot and a selfish jerk, but he was in no way capable of murder. He just thought he had a fool proof plan and wouldn't get caught. I really believe that is what this kid thought too and that it is just coincidence that they occurred around the same time. If we pulled up all of the crimes that have happened lately I am sure we could "dream up" possible connections somehow, but the chances of them being linked is probably slim to none. JMO

If we find out they are linked I will apologize to those who think they are and buy you a round! :toast:

I was just saying the brothers were arrested the same day the Lowe's guy was. Maybe they were part of a theft ring. They have the background for it.

Okay, IF the "R" brothers were to be involved, (DISCLAIMER: This is NOT an insinuation, accusation, or anything of the like, and is totally founded on hypothetical non-evidence and possible, but unproven, connections) how would that look?

2/9: MC goes missing; car located

2/11: Chelan Co. and Pierce Co. communicate about a warrant (we don't know for who, but CCRJ did tell one of our posters that CR was picked up on a warrant)

2/22: DR and CR both arrested (CR for warrant, DR for probation violation), according to info CCRJ gave to our poster

So, would LE have been able to pick up and process enough evidence between 2/9 and 2/11 to have a "good enough" suspicion that CR was involved; good enough to ask his (alleged) home county if he had any warrants?

During that same time frame, would LE have contacted DR's PO to inquire about any possible violations, just in case they needed to pick him up and hold him for some reason?

Why wait until 2/22 to pick them up? What was LE waiting for? Fingerprint results? How long did we figure those took?

If, in fact, CR actually resides in Puyallup/Pierce Co., and if, in fact, he is the brother of the woman who was found, expired, in the lot on 1/15, it wouldn't surprise me if he'd come to Wenatchee to deal with family matters and stuck around for a bit...

Their projected release date - will the DNA results be in before then? Could this explain the CCRJ source's disclaimer that they'd be released IF nothing else came up before then?

Again, PURE SPECULATION, and I'm not even convinced the "R" Bros. are involved in the slightest.

Another thing I was thinking about is if LE have looked at garbage dumps in the area that construction workers usually go to....I know people in construction and sometimes they'll throw in some of their own garbage to the pile that is being dumped for the job. There could possibly be phone parts, murder weapon, stuff used to clean up, plastic, etc.

Ummmmm.......it's been my experience that CONTRACTOR'S DON'T CLEAN UP!
NOT speculation.

The problem with taking things to the dumps is that the stuff is compacted rather quickly. The good thing, tho, is that they usually do have dumpsters or trailers that they dump in, sometimes for weeks, before they get dumped.

Anyhow....I did hear that LE was visiting construction sites early on. Rumor tho. Can anybody substantiate that rumor?

Is there anything else you can share with us? (who discovered her body, more about the condition of it?

Not much more I can add. At the time, I wasn't in the mode that we are all in now, searching for clues. Now I wonder if the damage to her arms was through her clothing, or beneath it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd