WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some really interesting stuff here. Interview with Doug Jones--be sure to listen to the podcast.

http://www.kozi.com/NewsStory.aspx?NewsID=2101

A number of members posted that they felt that LE knows who their suspect is and are just waiting on results from the crime lab, after heaing this podcast.

I got the complete opposite impression. My impression after listening to this was, they don't know or have squat. Either that or Doug Jones puts up one helluva good front.

Jones said, "As of this point, we have not identified anybody that would spark our interest as a person of interest or a suspect at this time".

Question: Wouldn't there be several video camera's that might have captured MC's car heading up to PC............especially if traveling back through town? And a car or truck behind? Depending on route taken. Road less travelled way would be up past Wal-Mart to Western and then over, probably to Crawford and then back down. Still, there are some businesses with camera's........churches? It might still have been light enough out if the car was up there by 7, when first discovered. I'm also wondering what made the property owner see it. Driving past it? If they live farther up the drive way, could he look out his window and still see it in the dark. Are there street lights up that far?
Is it possible that LE has video of the killer(s) taking the car up there?

Question: Wouldn't there be several video camera's that might have captured MC's car heading up to PC............especially if traveling back through town? And a car or truck behind? Depending on route taken. Road less travelled way would be up past Wal-Mart to Western and then over, probably to Crawford and then back down. Still, there are some businesses with camera's........churches? It might still have been light enough out if the car was up there by 7, when first discovered. I'm also wondering what made the property owner see it. Driving past it? If they live farther up the drive way, could he look out his window and still see it in the dark. Are there street lights up that far?
Is it possible that LE has video of the killer(s) taking the car up there?

I didn't notice any large light poles. It is possible a motion light was around somewhere that I didn't see but nothing stood out to me. I would personally say that the house was pretty far up, but still right on top of where it was left if that makes sense?? It had large windows that look out over the the road and area where the car was left. The only way I was sure it was the right house was the Hurd mail box. When I pictured it in my mind before seeing it I assumed the house would be closer.

If MC didn't leave her own car there (which I personally don't believe she did) then it just doesn't make sense to me to choose that spot as the cars final resting place.

A number of members posted that they felt that LE knows who their suspect is and are just waiting on results from the crime lab, after heaing this podcast.

I got the complete opposite impression. My impression after listening to this was, they don't know or have squat. Either that or Doug Jones puts up one helluva good front.

Jones said, "As of this point, we have not identified anybody that would spark our interest as a person of interest or a suspect at this time".

However.........that interview was done on 2/18 and the date of the update is 2/19. Could be a totally different story now. Do not despair. We won't let this go cold! We may all drop from lack of sleep, food, and lose contact with all family members...........but we won't let it go cold. :sleuth:

..........but we won't let it go cold. :sleuth:

I hope this is not OT, but I'm curious, what is the mood in Wenatchee and surrounding area about this case? Is it still in the forefront of people's thinking and conversation, or are people starting to lose some interest?

However.........that interview was done on 2/18 and the date of the update is 2/19. Could be a totally different story now. Do not despair. We won't let this go cold! We may all drop from lack of sleep, food, and lose contact with all family members...........but we won't let it go cold. :sleuth:

I guess I'm feeling a bit discouraged after reading what Tuba posted about the chart she did on Mackenzie.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/...Cases/MackenzieCowellDiscoveredonRiverban.jpg

I'm clueless when it comes to reading charts, but I think I understand what Tuba wrote after doing/reading Mackenzie's chart. "Justice, however, will be long in coming." :(

right now it seems as if the ww is putting out whatever they can. but le has been extremly tight lipped for some time now

One more thing that's bothering (or maybe reassuring) me...

A poster (maybe a page or two back?) said that WC told an acquaintance at a business function that the family and LE knew who did it.

If there is any truth to this third-hand information, I'd be led to believe that the suspect is in custody.

Why? Because if I, as a mom, knew that my daughter's killer was free, and I knew who it was, LE wouldn't be picking him/her up... the coroner would be. KWIM?

ETA: I don't know what is wrong with me. I TOTALLY misread the post I was referring to. Poster did not say WC knew who did it. Poster said a neighbor went to see the location of the body because they knew WC. Sheesh. Sorry, got my wires (and my eyes) crossed.

I didn't notice any large light poles. It is possible a motion light was around somewhere that I didn't see but nothing stood out to me. I would personally say that the house was pretty far up, but still right on top of where it was left if that makes sense?? It had large windows that look out over the the road and area where the car was left. The only way I was sure it was the right house was the Hurd mail box. When I pictured it in my mind before seeing it I assumed the house would be closer.

If MC didn't leave her own car there (which I personally don't believe she did) then it just doesn't make sense to me to choose that spot as the cars final resting place.

Well, it is entirely possible that she did drive the car up there and got into a vehicle with someone else and took her keys with her. If the car has the self locking mechanism, that would explain why it was locked. The killer may have intended to move the car but it was discovered and called in very early. But, why would they go all the way up there unless they did go 4 wheeling or went to a house that is up in that area? I wondered about the muddy and rutted dirt road that goes beyond the locked gate there. Somebody locked it behind and they went down that road? I wonder if there are "tracks" that you drive over when going through that gate, as in the tracks that are always at cattle crossings. I keep picturing the guy washing 4 big tires at the car wash late that night. I believe it was late that night that one of our posters saw a guy washing 4 really big, muddy tires at a car wash at like 10:30 that night. Maybe we need to rethink the PC area. Maybe they went up there right after the car wash? It seems unlikely if MC had dinner plans with her Dad that night. Maybe she forgot about the dinner plans? LE didn't really start searching until after 10 that night, correct? Maybe they came up and checked the car out and left to go find out what the deal was, and the killer, who was still in the area, snuck out with her body before all Hell broke loose up there! speculation.

I hope this is not OT, but I'm curious, what is the mood in Wenatchee and surrounding area about this case? Is it still in the forefront of people's thinking and conversation, or are people starting to lose some interest?

Hard to say cause I haven't left my computer for 4 days!!!! Actually, my neighbor says they all talk about it at work all the time. I think we can see by the increasing number of posters and guests that interest is still high.

Does anyone think that IF the rumor IS true that Mackenzie was known to have gone four-wheeling in the Pitcher's Canyon area with friends, that it seems fairly logical that the people that owned the four-wheeler(s) lived in that same area?

In my opinion, like I stated earlier, people are not as involved as they were in the beginning. While I respect LE withholding info that would hurt their case, I think it has definitely affected the involvement of the community. A lot of the recent discussions I have heard is either "I haven't heard anything I don't even know what happened or what is going on" or some crazy rumor that neighbor Joe heard from his aunt's, cousin's, brother's third wife.

Unfortunately the world is full of people who don't watch the news or pick up a newspaper. I've been shocked at how many people don't even know about info that has been printed in the WW. Not receiving the paper is no excuse. It's free online folks.

I guess I'm feeling a bit discouraged after reading what Tuba posted about the chart she did on Mackenzie.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/...Cases/MackenzieCowellDiscoveredonRiverban.jpg

I'm clueless when it comes to reading charts, but I think I understand what Tuba wrote after doing/reading Mackenzie's chart. "Justice, however, will be long in coming." :(

Wow! Maybe, just maybe, Liz, that means that somebody will just be on death row for a long time before justice is served. I'm especially interested in the "phsychologically immature and enraged killer." Notice the charter did not say killerzzzzz, and she said "he". Her information also is that LE believes CB to be THE crime scene.

In my opinion, like I stated earlier, people are not as involved as they were in the beginning. While I respect LE withholding info that would hurt their case, I think it has definitely affected the involvement of the community. A lot of the recent discussions I have heard is either "I haven't heard anything I don't even know what happened or what is going on" or some crazy rumor that neighbor Joe heard from his aunt's, cousin's, brother's third wife.

Unfortunately the world is full of people who don't watch the news or pick up a newspaper. I've been shocked at how many people don't even know about info that has been printed in the WW. Not receiving the paper is no excuse. It's free online folks.

yes but the last articles that ww has done was about police funds, fundraisers, and websleuths. like i stated earlier there reporting anything they can because their has been no new info. for quite some time

Wow! Maybe, just maybe, Liz, that means that somebody will just be on death row for a long time before justice is served. I'm especially interested in the "phsychologically immature and enraged killer." Notice the charter did not say killerzzzzz, and she said "he". Her information also is that LE believes CB to be THE crime scene.

Yes, and she referred to the killer as, "HE".

One more thing that's bothering (or maybe reassuring) me...

A poster (maybe a page or two back?) said that WC told an acquaintance at a business function that the family and LE knew who did it.

If there is any truth to this third-hand information, I'd be led to believe that the suspect is in custody.

Why? Because if I, as a mom, knew that my daughter's killer was free, and I knew who it was, LE wouldn't be picking him/her up... the coroner would be. KWIM?

I don't remember reading that about WC and a business meeting. I do remember reading a post about a business meeting where the renter that lives next door to the CB house did see the body and confirmed the bag over the head.

But, I do KWYM!

yes but the last articles that ww has done was about police funds, fundraisers, and websleuths. like i stated earlier there reporting anything they can because their has been no new info. for quite some time

Well, if they are waiting for information to be handed to them..............we won't see much in the way of articles! KWIM?

What ever happened to investigative reporting? And I'm not talking about paparazzi that climbs trees to get intimate photos and that kinda stuff.

I can't fathom that even if LE does have a suspect in mind; that they would in any way, shape, or form, divulge that information to the family, prior to making an arrest.

ETA: I'm not necessarily saying that LE wouldn't tell the family that they do have a suspect or POI in mind. Just sayin' that I don't believe LE would divulge the name of that suspect or POI to the family, or anyone for that matter.

I have been doing a little research and WOW LOOK AT THIS!!!!!!! I have not caught up on what you are all talking about I am about 10 pages behind you. But BS... that call is not related!!!!!
https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/bpdLicenseQuery/lqsLicenseDetail.aspx?SessID=31386&RefID=1590625

COWELL G&J 707 Woodin Ave Chelan
10C01197 20:38:27 02/09/10 Alarm 707 E OKANOGAN AVE, CHELAN CH ACT
10C01197 ALARM 20:38:27 02/09/10 JONES BRYAN ACT

Claimant unknown.

AUDIBLE PANIC ALARM, RESD RESP PENDING
20:47:24 02/09/2010 - DEMYER JESSICA - From: FRANKLIN MATT
FLAGGED DOWN BY SOME SUBJS ON ROBINSON SAW A GUY RUNNING AS 64 & I WHERE

I totally agree. They are trying to print something new even if it isn't what we want to hear. I'm not complaining about the WW (aside from the fundraiser walk article) they are doing the best they can with what they have. I'm not even complaining that LE hasn't released anything, just stating what I think the effects of that have been because of it all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd