WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman found dead in the parking lot, the area is at the foot of Squilchick Rd. It is a relatively dangerous area, not the type of neighborhood most folks like driving through in my opinion..

My opinion, who ever killed MC wasnt at the PC location, or was there long enough to pick up the accomplice....

I have a idea going, let me finish and Ill see what ya think, let ya punch holes in it if you will....

The woman found dead in the parking lot, the area is at the foot of Squilchick Rd. It is a relatively dangerous area, not the type of neighborhood most folks like driving through in my opinion..

Yes, and she had a history of drug abuse, sadly. I know someone who knew of her.
I really don't think its related.

Lets see, If MC left the parking lot at 3pm and the text at 340 puts her at boat launch....

From my driving today I can say if she did turn on Mission st.... there is 2 cameras on YMCA building parking lot which would show her on mission and if she turned up Orondo....therefore I dont believe this is her path of travel or LE would have confirmed that instead of stating thats the last anyone saw her... If she went down toward Riverfront on Kittas then she would either have to go lt or rt after crossing Wenatchee Ave... and neither way is there cameras...... If she went west on Kittas as stated in LE releases then that would leave the option of Left on Chelan, or continueing up Kittas to Okanogan....this way she would have passed post office(federal building cameras???) Unless LE knows more than telling about cameras then there is only a couple ways she really could have gone without being caught on tape...

And yes, there'd be a decent amount of traffic, especially heading up the road from town between 4:30 through 6:30 or so with folks driving home who live up the hill. That road stays pretty busy.

I agree. I was in this area today and there are a lot of big new houses on Methow heading out to Pitcher Canyon. If someone was walking down this street I find it hard to believe that NOBODY would see them. I took Squilchuck back, and my first thought was that this highway was not only busy, but it's not very wide. The person would have been walking on the side in the dark. I know when I pass pedestrians in the dark I slow down some. I just don't believe that if someone passed them they wouldn't remember.

I thought she was found in South Wenatchee, in a vacant lot near Boozier or Boodry street.

the area the woman was found dead is a very very bad of town.. meth. lab central.

This woman was found on Boodry street. When coming down Squilchuck you can look off to the right down the hill and see all of Boodry. IgottKnow is right. In my opinion, one of the scariest parts of town.

One question I would like to know is where JF has been working these days. Are any of these new houses something he has worked on? Does he know anyone working on them? They are very close to where the car was left. Someone could have picked him up within a matter of minutes.

Hi all,

I'm new to this and i am a little confused about something. Was the last ping on the cell phone at the boat launch? It was the cell phone turning off or something.

I have the same cell model and if it gets wet (like if someone threw it into the river) it turns off. I know this casue i dropped mine in a pond once, and once it was dryed out it worked fine. So if it signaled the tower that it was powered down at the boat launch, maybe it just got tossed into the river.

I think you may actually mean Sierra? GMC has a truck model called the Sierra Classic Denali.

ETA: Sienna is the name of a Toyota mini-van

I don't know who owns it, but I saw WC diving it this week. She was at the Orondo park/boat launch. Got out of the truck and walked over to the new dock/ramp.

Are you able to share what the inquiry regarding the truck is about?

no secrets, just noticed it parked in the driveway today on Eaglerock and wondered who's vehicle it was. Noticed two sheriff vehicles in the loop to the spec house from Eaglerock so was inquiring if it could be JF vehicle or WC.

Hi all,

I'm new to this and i am a little confused about something. Was the last ping on the cell phone at the boat launch? It was the cell phone turning off or something.

I have the same cell model and if it gets wet (like if someone threw it into the river) it turns off. I know this casue i dropped mine in a pond once, and once it was dryed out it worked fine. So if it signaled the tower that it was powered down at the boat launch, maybe it just got tossed into the river.

Welcome!

It was described as a text to/from bf saying only "hey" in each text at 3:40 pm from the boat launch area at the end of Orondo street. LE used the phrase "last activity". Another article says it sent a ping to say it was turned off at 5:40 pm but we are not being told where that was from.

I can really see a benefit to walking out of there, (no accomplice needed), but I see many drawbacks as well. I don't think it is clear from LE statements. They were covering their bases asking if anyone saw anyone walking out of there.

Here's the thing, it should have been close to daylight/dusk when the vehicle was dumped. People are getting off of work and heading home. If this person is walking he has to go alittle over 2 miles just to get to the intersecting at Squilchuck. Granted there aren't many homes on Pitcher the first half-mile of his walk/jog.

Idea: Is our suspect in good enough shape to jog?

From intersecting at Squilchuck who knows how much farther but the roads only get busier. Yet, as far as we know, LE never got a tip from ANYONE who said they saw someone walking along the road. That hints towards him getting a ride out of the canyon.

It's up in the air for me.

We can't say for certain that they haven't gotten any tips. They wouldn't tell us. If there aren't any tips, I think yes- it hints toward someone getting a ride, or walking further up the canyon and out the back side. But I think they have good reason to believe the perp walked out of there.

I am curious to know why it hasn't been discussed that the time of the car wash siting/boat ramp cell activity, until the car was dumped at PC is NOT a super long amount of time. A few hours, tops?

I am wondering if the perp. took MC to a location (possibly CB or spec. house?) and held her hostage there for a time. That gets her car out of the scene a.s.a.p., and leaves time for the perp. to come back and carry out the crimes against her. I don't like to think of her enduring this type of scenario, but I do believe it was a crime of some kind of passion...anger, etc. There seems to be rage in these acts, and I think whoever did this was trying to pay back MC for some reason.

I don't believe her parents had ANYTHING to do with this, or all the speculation about JF.:cow::cow::cow:

We can't say for certain that they haven't gotten any tips. They wouldn't tell us. If there aren't any tips, I think yes- it hints toward someone getting a ride, or walking further up the canyon and out the back side. But I think they have good reason to believe the perp walked out of there.

Just wondering why you think they have good reason to believe perp walked out of there??

Are there any trails up Squilchuck that this person could have taken out, that would explain my no one saw anyone....they were on a trail just off the main road

Again Welcome. And thank you for the above info. If the phone was tossed in would it turn off in time for the tower to read that last ping or would it have sunk too far for the tower to receive the message. There was a cell phone expert on here the other day. Where are you?

Speculation: It could explain why police won't tell us last location. They put a dive team on it and it has been recovered. Asking the public for help finding it could have been to throw off the suspect(s).

Again Welcome. And thank you for the above info. If the phone was tossed in would it turn off in time for the tower to read that last ping or would it have sunk too far for the tower to receive the message. There was a cell phone expert on here the other day. Where are you?

Speculation: It could explain why police won't tell us last location. They put a dive team on it and it has been recovered. Asking the public for help finding it could have been to throw off the suspect(s).

Does anyone know if a dive team searched near the riverfront park dock area?

alt.theory

Thanks for the info.

I live in Wenatchee...about 4 blocks from said boat launch actually.

Are there any trails up Squilchuck that this person could have taken out, that would explain my no one saw anyone....they were on a trail just off the main road

All I can say is I would hope police would have found if there was???

I was thinking the exact same thing. Was just reading articles that stated "the parents" arrived at PCR, with MC's boyfriend.

That could certainly make it more difficult to sort the footprint situation out

I think the car was taken into evidence immediately and processed. That leads me to believe that they preserved the area around the foot prints and kept everyone back. Just a guess.

Just wondering why you think they have good reason to believe perp walked out of there??

I don't think they would be recruiting sighting tips so strenuously, and in addition I think that this crime was committed by 1 person, start to finish.

Regarding the theory of an accomplice, I think it would be difficult to recruit help in the narrow time frame we're working with. I would think that anyone recruited to help with this after the fact would be doing so reluctantly, and I can't imagine anyone being talked into it that quickly. If someone was recruited with a lie (Oh, I took my friend's car for a test drive and it broke down, ect...) they would have rolled over by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!