WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told LE about it a couple weeks ago. They probably retrieved it.

Oh, so that white marker wasn't put there by LE? I assumed it was them marking the area where she was found. Sorry for all of the questions btw!

Do you have a picture that clearly shows the duck blind? Also, when you talked to LE, did they originally note the duck blind and indicate that branches were on her body?

No, not in its entirety. It is kind of large. But it was almost all of the grassy area just behind the initial line of short trees.

LE were very tight lipped. They certainly didn't offer any info.

The only info I gleaned was from the questions they asked me.

Have you ever happened to see anyone else while down there? Do you think it could be a possibility that it was just a coincidence? If they knew the home was vacant and saw all of that brush to hide the body in, they may never have known about that duck blind until they saw it.

I saw lots of duck hunters around the CB property. I saw 2 duck hunters down river in that marshy area when I was there. I didn't even know they were they until they suddenly started unloading their shotguns on some ducks. I'm pretty sure they shot a couple ducks.

But I never saw anyone on the CB property.

A duck blind is a place for hunters to hide. Most of the time, they have been built by a hunter are made of wood, brush, or other natural building materials. In addition some hunters will use camouflage tarps or materials.

I'm just wondering what made you ask the question in the first place...same with ozz asking about pruning of foliage...did you two hear some rumors?

Del Rio, I had a hunch and...WOW! I'm guessing it feels pretty good to get some of this stuff off your chest with those of us with common intrest. Obviously you would have shared any identities with LE regarding shared use of this blind. You know that I MUST ask the next one...any hunting buddies Del Rio? Any theories? Again...WOW!

I also shot 2 ducks from the duck blind (but I was unable to collect them; they just kind of disappeared on me). I unloaded 5 or 6 shells. When I went back there a couple weeks ago, I noticed 2 or 3 of my spent shotgun shells were still on the ground in plain view a couple feet away from the duck blind.

This fact leads me to believe that MC's COD was not from shotgun blast, otherwise LE would certainly have collected those empty shells. I don't know if this fact could also rule out all guns, or just shotguns.

I am new to this site and lack the navigational skills some of you vets possess. I know that I read in the past of at least 2 questions which seemingly came out of the blue regarding whether or not there was a duck blind at CB long before my questions to Del Rio. I'm thinking some alarms may have been going off for some members?

Del Rio, I had a hunch and...WOW! I'm guessing it feels pretty good to get some of this stuff off your chest with those of us with common intrest. Obviously you would have shared any identities with LE regarding shared use of this blind. You know that I MUST ask the next one...any hunting buddies Del Rio? Any theories? Again...WOW!

No hunting buddies. And I don't recall telling anybody (except for my wife) that I went hunting there or had erected a duck blind. I might have told someone, but I don't recall who or when or where.

I'm just wondering what made you ask the question in the first place...same with ozz asking about pruning of foliage...did you two hear some rumors?

To be honest, I think that the Crescent Bar property is the key to solving this crime. It is the only thing, in my opinion, that could not have been random. All of the other evidence could have just happened. The car being dumped where it was, that makes sense and could have been random.
The killer(s) went out of their way to get to Crescent Bar. This is not a random, ‘that looks like a good spot.” To someone that has never been to Crescent Bar it can easily be missed and is sometimes a chore to cross the highway to get to the road. There are so many other random locations that would be easier to get to. I think there was a reason to choose Crescent Bar.

After I determined that, I thought of anything that could be on the property. Why would someone go to the property? I hunt, and while I have never been hunting at Crescent Bar, I have friends that have. A duck blind is something that a hunter uses to hide from the weather and ducks. I thought that there may be a chance that a blind was located on the property. This would aid someone in hiding on the property; I thought if there was one that it may have been used for cover or privacy.

Sometimes I like the way my brain puts together information. Other times it slows me down, because I need details.

We know how rumors spread...just in conversation. So, a duck hunter might have mentioned to his friend about the duck blind. That friend told another friend, who may have mentioned it to Killer. Killer may have heard about the blind, sometime befroe the murder, and just recalled it when he was trying to place the body.

I also shot 2 ducks from the duck blind (but I was unable to collect them; they just kind of disappeared on me). I unloaded 5 or 6 shells. When I went back there a couple weeks ago, I noticed 2 or 3 of my spent shotgun shells were still on the ground in plain view a couple feet away from the duck blind.

This fact leads me to believe that MC's COD was not from shotgun blast, otherwise LE would certainly have collected those empty shells. I don't know if this fact could also rule out all guns, or just shotguns.

I am surprised they did not collect them anyway.

That's sad- about the 2 ducks. Can you tell me approximately how large the duck blind was (500 sf etc.)?

They're just really good sleuthers.

I am surprised they did not collect them anyway.

I know, me too. I thought LE erred on the safe side and collected anything and everything because it may become relevant later.

Even if MC was killed by a pistol or rifle or etc., I would think the shotguns shells could be used to identify the killer, unless LE knows the killers don't own or possess any guns--such as felons.

I know, me too. I thought LE erred on the safe side and collected anything and everything because it may become relevant later.

Even if MC was killed by a pistol or rifle or etc., I would think the shotguns shells could be used to identify the killer, unless LE knows the killers don't own or possess any guns--such as felons.

WOW- that explains the tactics the LE is using and possibly why they have no suspect or POI at this point. WTF?? Does this outrage anyone else?

It just really makes you wonder what else they may have left behind that could have been useful in incriminating someone. I think they have some explaining to do.

I have been in two situations where LE left evidence at the scene of a crime; both of them were in Douglas County. One of them ended with no conviction, I cannot remember how the other one ended.

I have been in two situations where LE left evidence at the scene of a crime; both of them were in Douglas County. One of them ended with no conviction, I cannot remember how the other one ended.

OMG- that is so negligent.

I am new to this site and lack the navigational skills some of you vets possess.

Hope this helps: at the top of each page are the words "Search this thread," click on that and a box will appear in which you can type your search words. If you need to search other threads that are connected to this one, they are listed at the bottom of the page.

It is possible, but IDNK for sure, that you have to have a certain number of posts before the "Search this thread" button appears.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member