WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another angle on the CB property familiarity theory. I am pretty damn sure there is still some development activity going on at CB just a mile or so past the duck blind location. Anyone working that development would drive past the duck blind at least twice a day...4 times if they left CB for lunch. The connection to CB may not have anything to do with hunting. Perhaps construction instead? Opinion only.

Based on my extremely limited association with felons, they are quite careful about being caught with a gun.

I would think so, too. Especially with Fish and Wildlife officers likely being around to check licenses! That would not be a good scenario for a felon to be caught in, imo!

So...a fisherman.

Maybe a fisherman if he was fishing from shore. But not one of the fishermen who are on the boats in the river. Iv'e never seen a fishing boat near that shoreline, probably because it's too shallow (and therefore only small fish). The fishing boats are usually more up river near the northern end of the West Bar, and then further down river past the CB island.

Fishing boats pass by there on their way up river, but they're almost always 400 or 500 yards out into the river. Too far away to notice a duck blind.

Here is another angle on the CB property familiarity theory. I am pretty damn sure there is still some development activity going on at CB just a mile or so past the duck blind location. Anyone working that development would drive past the duck blind at least twice a day...4 times if they left CB for lunch. The connection to CB may not have anything to do with hunting. Perhaps construction instead? Opinion only.

I really don't think they could see te duck blind from the street...

Good point. Not so sure there is much construction activity at the moment, though? But, there certainly has been in recent years -- specifically, just on the other side of CB road from this location and more recently adjacent to this location.

Someone looking for a place to party?

I think that's a possibility. It's not uncommon for teens to hang out in or around a vacant house to party. Actually this seems like an area teens would like to hang out b/c its on a river. What's the weather like there between November and February?

I think I mentioned this in an earlier post, another thing that kind of bothers me is the white buoy in the river near the CB house. It's one of those buoys you tie your boat up to. I know that wasn't there before February 2010. It could just be from LE's divers, but then why is it still there today?

Can anyone figure out how the spec home on School and Ridgeview fit in? It is on the north end of Wenatchee about as far from CB and PC as one could get. There have been three searches of that property that we know of (this is not rumor but fact). :waitasec:

I think that's a possibility. It's not uncommon for teens to hang out in or around a vacant house to party. Actually this seems like an area teens would like to hang out b/c its on a river. What's the weather like there between November and December?

Very, very cold. The only people outdoors are hunters and fishermen.

I think that's a possibility. It's not uncommon for teens to hang out in or around a vacant house to party. Actually this seems like an area teens would like to hang out b/c its on a river. What's the weather like there between November and December?

CB is very quiet in winter months, I strongly believe any partying at this location would NOT go unnoticed by the few locals that are there this time of year. JMO.

Can anyone figure out how the spec home on School and Ridgeview fit in? It is on the north end of Wenatchee about as far from CB and PC as one could get. There have been three searches of that property that we know of (this is not rumor but fact). :waitasec:

I believe you, but could you remind me how it is fact?

I really don't think they could see te duck blind from the street...

What they may have observed was a continually vacant and isolated house near the water. An asphalt driveway would help conceal tire tracks and the duck blind may have been a bonus for them. They may simply have been attracted to the heavy brush conveniently near the water line at this property....maybe

I would think so, too. Especially with Fish and Wildlife officers likely being around to check licenses! That would not be a good scenario for a felon to be caught in, imo!

Every time I have been stopped by Fish and Game, they only check you if you have fish or game in your possession. In addition I think being a felon would prevent them from getting a hunting license; however, that would not prevent them from hunting illegally.

I could be wrong, I believe that there is a great deal of evidence (DNA, fingerprints) and if the murder(s) were in the system they may have been picked up.

I think I mentioned this in an earlier post, another thing that kind of bothers me is the white buoy in the river near the CB house. It's one of those buoys you tie your boat up to. I know that wasn't there before February 2010. It could just be from LE's divers, but then why is it still there today?

I saw that too and I think it is from the LE's divers. I'm sure its just something they haven't been diligent about picking up- just like the caution tape that's still lying on the beach.

Perhaps LE divers left it there as a marker, in case they needed to do another dive, possibly?

Del Rio....is this where your duck blind was??? If so, where is the stream in reference to this?

Duckblind.jpg

I saw that too and I think it is from the LE's divers. I'm sure its just something they haven't been diligent about picking up- just like the caution tape that's still lying on the beach.

any chance the white marker in the water was a sign for the retrieval of her body so the killer, or accomplice would find the spot from a boat?

One last tid bit of info:

I left a couple things in the duck blind which I never bothered to retrieve.

One was a blow-up floating mattress (which I’m fairly certain I popped).

The other was a bag.

I believe you, but could you remind me how it is fact?
Several people that are part of the Makemewonder team live in that area. They watched LE. The first time was the day the body was found, second was week later and they had several LE vehicles and crime van there for several hours, searched inside and out, lots of photos. Then a couple of days later they had two cars and WC at the house for a short time. The day of the memorial, they had an undercover watching the place. He had half the neighbor hood loading and cocking as he was better outfitted to be playing a gang banger on the south end than trying to be undercover in an upper middle class neighborhood filled with paranoid soccer moms.

any chance the white marker in the water was a sign for the retrieval of her body so the killer, or accomplice would find the spot from a boat?

It was a buoy (like the type you tie your boat up to). It was not a marker. The buoy was tied to one of the lines from the CB property beach. And the buoy is about 40 yards up river from the stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22