WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time posting on here so please cut me a little slack.
I have read all of the threads except for the last few pages. I am ready to share the RUMOR I heard from someone who goes to school with ( High School and The Academy) and who also dances with her. I was told this RUMOR less than a week after the body was found.
Here goes....MC confided in friends that a week prior to her dissappearence that she was raped by JF and she had proof on her cell phone. RUMOR!!!!!

And it sounds tailor-made to fit. From what I have heard her behavior doesn't support this.

I'm still reading the last thread (thread 7) and am only up to page 25 on that one.

I saw the car conversation, and want to post the photos here...with a couple of comments. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes from the last thread by doing this. If these have already been posted, please disregard.

The car obviously had not been washed in awhile, because you can see the dust and exhaust residue on the back of the car. Notice that most of the residue/dust are on the back right? That's because that's where the tailpipe is on this car.

car1b.jpg

car2nc.jpg

carchain.jpg

Things that would be helpful to know:

• Was the car pointed toward town or away from town when it was found?

• Did LE bring the car back to the impound lot by TOWING it with a chain instead of placing it on a rollback at the site that it was found??

IF so, GRRRR! It could have been placed on a rollback with no one having to enter or touch the car. But if you look at the arrow that I've drawn on the final photo, you see that there's a chain attached from Mackenzie's car to another vehicle. If it was towed back to town by chaining it to another vehicle, that means that someone had to get in the car and turn the key on to be able to steer. Also, they may have had to turn the lights on, which, if they knew nothing about the car, they may have hit the wipers instead. If they did not use a rollback, very reckless of LE! The car should have been sealed at site, placed on the rollback, and brought back to a bay for examination. That way, no one would have had to enter the car.

Actually, Puf, I don't think the car is THAT dirty! It doesn't look like it has any road grime from normal winter driving around here. To me, it looks like mostly dust and the tires obviously have some mud on them. To me it looks like it could have been washed and then traveled a dirt road. I agree that it should have been sealed at the site and put on a flatbed. Of course, hindsight.............?

I have read all of the threads except for the last few pages. I am ready to share the RUMOR I heard from someone who goes to school with ( High School and The Academy) and who also dances with her. I was told this RUMOR less than a week after the body was found.
Here goes....MC confided in friends that a week prior to her dissappearence that she was raped by JF and she had proof on her cell phone. RUMOR!!!!!

WOW! I did hear a rumor myself that she confided in a few girls at The Academy that something happened with JF and I figured it was sexual but I didn't hear what specifically. Hmmm, that is DEFINITELY motive.

Thinking more about the 2 'R bros'. Extremely interesting that they were picked up 2 days after the 911 harrassment/threat call.

:Welcome-12-june:

I forgot to say that! :) Thanks for posting... I know it is a little scary the first time... :)

Did that someone speak with LE?

And it sounds tailor-made to fit. From what I have heard her behavior doesn't support this.

The Tailor Made part was what I thought too, that is why after reading everthing on here I felt I had to say it. RUMORS are hurtful and that is why I was not going to say anything. The RUMORS you heard could have been a young woman only confiding in a select few and putting on a happy face to others. JUST MY OPINION!!!!

Although I don't post here, I have been following MC's story since the beginning. Bless you all for not letting this be another forgotten case. You are doing a great job and I'm amazed by the way some of your minds think.

I have nothing much to add, but to give a tip on how to get caught up a bit faster on these fast track threads. Go to thread tools, click on print format then in the right corner click on view 1000 posts. As another Washingtonian, I will try to particpate more. I hope justice comes soon for that sweet girl.

Welcome, Milliac! :Welcome-12-june:

How could you have "proof on her cell phone"...here's a thought...maybe this alleged rape was a while back and the "proof" she had was a pregnancy result picture...JF would definately have to make sure MC did not tell a soul...EVER!!

Welcome Miss J!!

Did that someone speak with LE?

I am not sure, I am assuming the mother of this person took control of the situation. MY ASSUMPTION ONLY. I have not spoken about this to anyone except my spouse.

Why launch a boat from a location as far out of the way as the Tarpiscan launch is, only to end up in CB?

...snipped

Well, I would think I would want to limit my time with possession of that body, (or even being near it), for as little amount of time as possible, (this would limit the risk of being caught with the evidence and keeps your alibi to a tighter schedule). Plus this scenario would mean every time YOU were with the body it would be dark, but it doesn't require you to be out extremely late, (likely not even out past 11 pm). Again, securing your alibi.

I'm also thinking the murder was done in such away that DNA from the body is either not present or can be explained by knowing her. (In fact if the murderer has been videoed driving around town with her, he could claim that was when his DNA had been transferred onto her clothes or in her car). So, if something happened and he was unable to make the "fishing trip" the body wouldn't necessarily be the evidence that convicts. (The manner it was killed may be very telling, but that might not be enough to convict, especially if the murderer is without a criminal record.)

To me this really seems to be a premeditated murder using a bad plan planned well.

Me, too, Sherlock.

We're all grasping at anything right now. Need new info.

I have a couple of questions that I haven't seen addressed...

1) Has Mackenzie been buried yet? If so, which cemetery? I didn't see any obituary at all, which would give this info.

2) How old is her boyfriend, and can someone give me his initials without breaking WS rules? Were they a couple when this happened? I've heard that they were, and then that they weren't. Was he at RC's house when the call came in that her car had been found or did RC call him to tell him?

The funeral was the day before the memorial at TTC. Mackenzie's remains were cremated.:frown:

Hi again All,

So does anyone know what month and year MC and her BF JV started dating? Does anyone know how old WC is?

Someone had read on her FB page that they had been "in a relationship" for 1 year and 7 months. So.........19 months?

since I haven't seen this, RUMOR

Isn't it ironic that websleuthers have investigated just about everyone who could be the potential murderer and it always comes back to JF? Also, this could explain why LE wants that phone so bad when they already have the records. Maybe they do want to see the pics. Second thought, I noticed in the memorial pics that there was a distance between RC and WC and that the one brother seemed to distance himself from WC as well. Also, in some of the photos RC is sitting with his arms crossed. I'm not a body reading expert, but it seems he was angry. JMOO.

Thank you Miss J for the information! could that be the possible motive we have been wondering about? Proof on her phone, could be a message or text from the person threatening not to tell anyone. (speculation).

Did she share this information with you as "just another rumor" or was she one of the friends that was supposedly confided in? Or did she get the rumor from one of the friends who was confided in? Anything farther away I wouldn't put much merit to. But thank you for sharing Miss J!

I do wonder how a cell phone could prove a rape. Is the rapist gonna stop and pose for a picture? Doesn't really make sense in that regard.

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
THIS ENTIRE POST IS AN ACCUMULATION OF MOO AND NOT BASED ON ANY FACTS.
This is my theory and thoughts about what may have happened. I'm hesitant to post this, because this isn't how I want to believe she died. But I've ran this through my head for the last two days and it's the only thing that makes sense to me. Tonight as I put a period on the end of the last paragraph, I've realized I can't understand this kind of evil nor do I want to. Forgive the spelling and punctuation errors. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

I've tried real hard to stay away from the drug angle. But with the mention of a financial connection in TUBS report, it's getting harder and harder not to look in that direction. I am a realist, I've raised 2 daughters who have, by the grace of God, survived their teens. I realize that some teens do smoke pot and it doesn't mean they are addicts or they use every day. Some teens who smoke casually/socially are functional and responsible and some are not. I also know that with minimal usage, they can pass UA's. I don't believe MC was an addict or habitual user and I believe pot was the only illegal drug she used. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

I believe the killer is a local and is in her inner circle of friends. I believe he sells pot and uses meth. I believe he has a truly evil and sadistic side to him that only one or two people know about. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

The first time the killer met MC he felt a deep connection to her and he believed she felt the same. The more he saw her and the more they talked, the more he was convinced. He may have bragged about his drug connections to her in order to impress her. He may have mentioned to a few close friends that he really liked her and he may have said they were soul mates. (Reminder.. this is ALL SPECULATION)

I believe MC had a one-time physical relationship with him that happened recently. I believe this took place at the north end spec house. He knew MC had a boyfriend and she made it clear she loved him and she wasn't breaking up with him. He hoped she would change her mind so they could finally be together like they were suppose to. After they were together that evening he called her several times and her phone went straight to voice mail. The next time he saw MC she acted like nothing happened. He was totally confused. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

Since the killer is associated with so many of her friends, she ran into him quite often. She felt more and more uncomfortable every time she saw him. Her friends soon noticed he was acting strange towards her. The only way they could describe it was he gave them the creeps the way he looked at MC. After that, she made a point to limit her contact with him. MC may have talked to a few friends about feeling uncomfortable around him and she may have confided with a few about her one-time physical relationship with him. It was obvious to the killer MC wasn't wanting to hang out like before. He may have asked mutual friends about her, asking if she said anything about him. He begins to downplay his initial feelings about her to friends and says some pretty harsh words about her and her character. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

MC called him the day before she disappears as a last resort to score a small bag of pot. She doesn't smoke pot much and she doesn't really know anyone else. (PURE SPECULATION) Unfortunately when she calls him, he had been up for several days smoking meth with a close friend who shares his sadistic ideas. During this meth binge, they talked crudely about MC and the killer introduces the idea of how he could kill her and get away with it. When he sees her number come up on his caller id, he feels it's fate. He tells her he doesn't have any right now but he will for sure tomorrow. They need time to get everything squared away. MC and the killer meet at the arranged location and she lets him know she's in a hurry to return to school. IMHO, somehow he talked her into going to the north end spec house, maybe he said he left something there and she was afraid her mom would find it, but in his sick mind that house is special to him and he's hoping being there again she'll change her mind. I believe she pulled her car in the garage to conceal it, like she had done before. She runs in with him, leaving her purse in the car. I believe he tried to talk to her and when she denied having feelings for him again, he became enraged. She was somehow rendered helpless while there, probably with a blow to the head and then moved. I believe her wrists were bound and a bag put on her head before she left the house. I believe a neighbor saw a car resembling MC's pulling away from the house, but was unable to identify who was driving. I believe it was near this home her phone pinged for the last time. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND NOT BASED ON FACTS.

The killer takes MC to an unknown location nearby, possibly a secluded area on the outskirts of N Wenatchee. She is quickly killed. He hides her body. He calls his friend and tells him what hes done. He tells him to meet him where they talked about. He is familiar with the area and knows the back roads well. They decided on PC since neither of them have connections there. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION NOT BASED ON FACTS.

The killer knew he would be contacted by LE, and has absolute faith his sadistic friend will be his alibi. After abandoning the car, his sadistic friend drove him down the mnt and they both went about their business in a normal manner. The killer made sure he had witnesses to verify his state of mind concerning the news of MC disappearance, and I believe he went out of his way to tell people she called him recently but made it clear he hadn't seen her lately. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION NOT BASED ON FACT.

I believe the next day, they returned as planned to where MC's body was. I believe one of them has access to a truck and she was put in the back and tarp was placed over the top of her. I don't think either of them own a truck, I think the plan was to use someone elses truck who knew nothing about this. Therefore, there would no trace evidence in either of their vehicles. I believe the CB location was very familiar to one of them. I believe he had been duck hunting in CB area frequently this last season. I believe they both thought MC would never be found so the CB crime scene will never be investigated. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION NOT BASED ON FACTS.

I believe she was placed by the river to be disposed of. I believe they thought they could do this quickly but soon realized the tools they had weren't sharp enough and it was more gruesome than they imagined. I believe they left with the intention of returning later that day. Maybe LE contacted one of them for routine questioning and they were afraid of being followed, maybe the sadistic friend had cold feet. I'm not sure why they didn't return, but I'm glad they didn't. I don't think MC would have ever been found if a stranger in CB hadn't decided to go for a walk that day. REMINDER: THIS IS ALL SPECULATION NOT BASED ON FACTS.

Okay I'm done... I hope I'm wrong..

You have obviously put a lot of thought into this. Thank you. I don't believe that MC would have taken a drug connection to her Mom's spec house. I also don't believe that your perp would know the kind's of things this killer had to have known. I believe it's more sinister than this, in that MC's killer was someone she trusted and felt safe with. But, that's just MHO. Way to think and really organize thoughts and timeline and very detailed.:star::star::star::star::star:

Thank you Miss J for the information! could that be the possible motive we have been wondering about? Proof on her phone, could be a message or text from the person threatening not to tell anyone. (speculation).

I don't think that phone will ever be found...unfortunately.

Isn't it ironic that websleuthers have investigated just about everyone who could be the potential murderer and it always comes back to JF? Also, this could explain why LE wants that phone so bad when they already have the records. Maybe they do want to see the pics. Second thought, I noticed in the memorial pics that there was a distance between RC and WC and that the one brother seemed to distance himself from WC as well. Also, in some of the photos RC is sitting with his arms crossed. I'm not a body reading expert, but it seems he was angry. JMOO.

It has been said (rumored) that WC and RC did NOT have a good relationship. I was at the memorial and even at the end when everyone went outside to release the balloons, WC and RC were not even in the same area. I have to say that even if I were divorced and didn't get a long well with my ex, if our child was killed this would be something that we would leave our differences at the door so to speak. Their children are the one thing that binds them together forever. I dont know, maybe I am just reading too much into it but it seemed odd.

I don't know why, but this makes me sad. Maybe because it actually perhaps "fits" everything? This girl obviously didn't have the "ideal" childhood if she was in a relationship at the age of 12 and that person was then convicted of statutory rape...... hints to me that she had had some sexual abuse in her past that made her more sexually "aware" than a 12 year old should be................. then the teasing at school because of her underbite, her parents being divorced, PERHAPS her mother not being as involved as she should be, and then a possible rape by the BF of her mom? And of course being killed. She had to know what was going on (hopefully for her sake it was quick) and was so frightened. I am sure she fought back as best she could and with all her might. PLEASE, lets hope her death was quick and as painfree as possible, and that all the supposed mutilation was done after the fact. I just want to hug her. :-( I am sorry Mackenzie. I am truly sorry for what you must have had to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd