WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you see the boat launch from the gym???

there is a building and trees blocking the view from golds gym. the boat launch sits close to the river. police always drive down by the boat launch. i think it gets patrolled alot

I am not an official investigator on this case, so this is my own speculation.

Investigating is like poker... You never show your cards.

If the main suspect is on film, you dont show it. That only tells suspect we gotcha. If you have 4 Aces you dont show it... get what I'm sayin?

I believe there is alot of evidence in place but the majority is circumstantial. The second that physical evidence is confirmed, this one is over.

Just my opinion

Yep- I'm with you on this 100%. As I stated a few threads back, there are cameras everywhere along possible routes MC travelled on her last day. She's likely on a number of different videos, and at some point so is her killer.

maybe i should drive down to CB and check those tire tracks myself and take pictures.
i remember WW saying there were tire tracks leading down to where the body was put only stopping 100 yards from the beach. they said the tire tracks strart from the driveway

You could but you need to be careful not to criminally trespass. Many of del rio's pictures had to have been taken from the actual property, which would be trespassing. He either was lucky and didn't get caught trespassing or he had permission to be there... I don't know, there's something he's not telling us. But, then again, he likes it that way. :)

beyond a doubt pepsi, beyond a doubt....

I'm taking a little flak from my wife about this case because it has consumed me. I have alot of inside info from people interviewed by LE but with my background I will not pass on rumors.

i believe the killer will get caught soon....my wife tells me to get off the computer alot...she says i'm married to my laptop:boohoo:

• What’s new with the case? “We’re still following up associations that she had, things like that, hoping for a big break, for a tip which we haven’t gotten.”

• What evidence has come back from the crime lab? “We’re still waiting for most of the crime lab results. I doubt we will release crime lab results either, until we have a suspect in custody.”

• What have you learned from cell tower research? “We’ve gotten a lot back but we are still waiting for some stuff from a couple of different providers.”

• What have you learned from tips to the RiverCom dispatch Center? “Nothing I can comment on. ... As of March 4, we’ve gotten 195 tips but ... nothing that we can really sink our teeth into.”

• Have you determined if this is a random killing or a killing by someone Cowell knew? “Both possibilities are still out there.”

from the WW.

This is a 4th degree assault charge. This isn't the incident with MC. The incident with MC was dismissed for nonappearance by either party.

This is not correct. He plead guilty to a lesser charge. He just went to court this week to have the case sealed. I believe it was because he was a minor at the time. That is probably why you are not seeing it. Look thru the previous threads and you might be able to find all the info on it. Probably thread 1 or 2.

since the LE got information from different phone providers. does that mean there is more than one suspect??? this murder is getting more and more interesting.

You could but you need to be careful not to criminally trespass. Many of del rio's pictures had to have been taken from the actual property, which would be trespassing. He either was lucky and didn't get caught trespassing or he had permission to be there... I don't know, there's something he's not telling us. But, then again, he likes it that way. :)

I think (tentatively) that shoreline is considered easement and public use?

Also some parts of CB (all?) are actually long term leases from the PUD and technically public land. The leases run out this year IIRC and some residents are very upset.

I think I see where you may be going with this. Here is a posibility:

SPECULTATION

5:42- Last Phone Ping as car/phone passes RI Dam
5:57 or 6:00- Car arrives at CB w/ MC in it

6:10- car leaves CB after MC is left on property
6:25- car passes dam where phone had pinged
Approx. 6:40 to 6:43- car crosses Columbia River at North Wenatchee
Approx. 7:00 to 7:10 - car is left up PC road- approx same time RH notices it.

This leaves 10-13 minutes to unload the body. It's do-able. I have not made this exact trip but often make one of similar distance. In light traffic, I can easily get from the CB turnoff to a spot in town that is about equal distance as to the PCR turnoff in 30-35 minutes.

Salem, I hope this is what you were asking for and helpful

I'm still working on catching up but want to respond to this.

Yes - this is helpful. I'm thinking it would be more likely that the ping was on the way back from CB (if the ping was near Rock Island). If the car was at Rock Island at 5:42, heading to the canyon, it would have been parked about 30 to 45 minutes later or about 6:12-6:22 p.m. Then the perp walked somewhere and/or got a ride. The car was noticed 1/2 hour later.

It seems it would take more than 10 minutes to place Mackenzie's body. It had to be taken out of a vehicle and down the trail around the pond. And if evidence was found in the house - there was some time spent there also.

I wish we knew a little more about when the property owner noticed the car. I think the 911 report has this person saying the car had been there "about an hour." So what does "about an hour" mean? 1 hour and 15 minutes or 45 minutes?

This timing is critical in my opinion for finding the actual crime scene.

Salem

PS - thank you for this response Sherlock!

I see your point. The car placing does seem pretty random- but I think it was planned and for a few reasons:

SPECULATION

#1- it was the first, quickest place that was out of town- in a possibly secluded area- that could be reached on the way back from CB.

#2- it was on a road likely away from the normal travels of that car and MC. nearly every point in her daily travels would have been away from that spot (Wenatchee to Orondo and back, WHS to Academy, to WCs at Eagle Rock- these areas are all north) No one would take notice if the car driving uo there.

#3- it was fairly easy for the person to either walk or get a quick ride back into town from PC- likely the easiest spot on the outskirts a person could have picked that was both secluded and close.

The reasons I think there is some importance in the car spot in that it shows, to me, two things:

#1- the car was driven to CB Feb 9th. This means her murder happened between the time she was seen at the boatlaunch and the car left CB. This limits the timeline and place of murder

#2-whoever did this knew her, knew her travels and knew to avoid town after dumping her at CB if I am correct in that happening. This further confirms it was a person who knew a lot about her.

I do agree the CB spot is THE spot for answers. But I still think PC tells us things as well.

I've always wondered what the "missing snowmobiler" might have played in this case, with an airborne search for both him and MC-- and her body ending up in CB, much farther away from PC and Colockum, where the search was going on. But, where was she in the meantime once the search was launched. Did the combination of events have anything to do with "traveling roads less traveled" and stumbling upon some brush at a known vacant house?

ETA: I am still not convinced that the place of death was CB.

I can understand that, but can you say based on what you've heard if you think we're going in a "warm" direction? Understand if you'd rather not.

This has obsessed me as well. And not in a good way. I love puzzles but this is one puzzle I would rather didn't exist.

girlfawkes, I admire your dedication and interest to this case. I've seen some great posts from you here and on ww. Like you I use the same name. I am just less inclined to use it on WW for reasons that have nothing to do with this case.

Lets solve this thing!

since the LE got information from different phone providers. does that mean there is more than one suspect??? this murder is getting more and more interesting.

The different phone providers may be an attempt at the phone triangulation aspect. Different cell phone companies could have picked up MC's cell phone pings. If they received and recorded signal strengths of MC's phone or possibly any of the phones of our major characters, which LE may be trying to track.

girlfawkes, I admire your dedication and interest to this case. I've seen some great posts from you here and on ww. Like you I use the same name. I am just less inclined to use it on WW for reasons that have nothing to do with this case.

Lets solve this thing!

she does alot of other cases. she's good

I've always wondered what the "missing snowmobiler" might have played in this case, with an airborne search for both him and MC-- and her body ending up in CB, much farther away from PC and Colockum, where the search was going on. But, where was she in the meantime once the search was launched. Did the combination of events have anything to do with "traveling roads less traveled" and stumbling upon some brush at a known vacant house?

I agree and can't help but wonder if the perp was aware of the air search or the emphasis on the Colockum area. Did this have any influence on his decisions.

Colockum isn't far from CB, but the location where the body of the snowmobile was found was on the other side is quite a ways away. (Although, I'm not sure how big the search area was for the snowmobile.)

Sidenote: I've hiked over the Colockum to Ellensburg in the winter, spending the night on snow somewhere near the research center at the "top". I came out the same canyon where they found the snowmobiler the next day.

I have been certified as an expert witness in 6 states regarding this and I will tell you with 100% certainty that is an incorrect statement. Not trying to make you look bad or be argumentative but there is absolutely no way that location could be that specific in that scenario based ona registration

Interesting Dogdad. Its great to have someone on here with that experience! Can you go into more detail on some of the things you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc