WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the photo on a guy's myspace. He has the same last name as the property owners where the car was found.

Huh! Weird. Yeah, I can't say anything about it (TOU), but I'm aware of who you're talking about. Occam's razor makes the idea very compelling, doesn't it?

Where did the photo come from? If you compare it to the real estate listing, you can see that it is the same location. You can tell by the back ground and the basalt gravel on the shore.

Thank you for editing your post. Your original post sounded like you suspected me of something. Let me assure you that I have never been to CBR. I've never even been west of the Texas/New Mexico state line.

Ok... just wanted to get opinions. Since I don't live in the area, to me it really looked the same.

Plus the photos that we have of CBR were made in the fall and winter. The photo I posted was a summer photo. That might account for the difference in green...

Sorry I got everyone excited... I thought I had found something.

They really do look very similar! Especially the rocks. I was at CB in June and I don't remember it looking that green, but I also wasn't in this spot... We need a CB local... Darn that time out box!

Does this shoreline and horizon look familiar to anyone else?

Crescent Bar home owner here! I've been out on Columbia River hundreds of times and know the horizon like the back of my hand. This is either Lake Chelan or Lake Washington. There are no green trees like those along the Columbia River, any time of the year.

I found the photo on a guy's myspace. He has the same last name as the property owners where the car was found.

I Edited out all as the content is likely no longer relevant and IMHO, identity, even if by initials I post, is not needed.

Huh! Weird. Yeah, I can't say anything about it (TOU), but I'm aware of who you're talking about. Occam's razor makes the idea very compelling, doesn't it?

Yeah...Occam's razor indeed.

Thank you for editing your post. Your original post sounded like you suspected me of something. Let me assure you that I have never been to CBR. I've never even been west of the Texas/New Mexico state line.

I was thinking too fast and trying to figure it out too fast and type at the same time. Bad combo.

The pictures are similar, but rivers dont break on the beach it does not look like there is any current.

I've been out on Columbia River hundreds of times and know the horizon like the back of my hand. This is either Lake Chelan or Lake Washington. There are no green trees like those along the Columbia River. They are cliffs.

More green in this real estate photo.

Attachments

• cbrarea.jpg
    cbrarea.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 131
The pictures are similar, but rivers dont break on the beach it does not look like there is any current.

Sometimes a river will break on a beach if there's a boat nearby. In the photo with the child, there's a boat nearby, because the kids are tubing behind a boat.

Summer general view and winter boat launch view. Cliffs, no green trees.

Attachments

• selectrentals061.jpg
    selectrentals061.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 42
  • P1020053.jpg
    P1020053.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 51
Ok... just wanted to get opinions. Since I don't live in the area, to me it really looked the same.

Plus the photos that we have of CBR were made in the fall and winter. The photo I posted was a summer photo. That might account for the difference in green...

No problem- no worries.

I got excited too- then thought about the fact that foilage only grows back a few yards on that part of the Columbia.

If that's one of the H boys, it was likely at Chelan. They may have a summer place up there. I think the H's had or have a summer place there. If not, they know someone who does and that photo may have been from a visit.
There are some rock shores there. In many spots.

CB has always been more of a place for the Seattle folks. The Wenatchee people mostly bought cabins, etc at Chelan or Lake Wenatchee before both got outrageous.

In the photo,it looks like the kids that are in the water around the raft are in fairly deep water. Didn't Del Rio say that the water was so shallow in front of the CB house you could walk quite a ways out without even getting your knees wet?

Looks like the same area to me:

picture.php

carp let me make that bigger. I put it in photoshop and did a comparison - not scientific but slope on that horizon looks identical.

My heart jumped a beat when I saw it. Thanks for everyone's opinions.

This is the RE listing date for the CB house:

Does anyone remember when del rio indicated he created the 'duck blind' at the CB property?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:14 PM

I have a couple of questions to those that may have spent time down at Crescent Bar during the summer. I have seen some video from parties around Crescent Bar, forgive me if I am asking dumb questions, but I have never been to Crescent Bar for recreation.
The section of beach near the crime scene, is that one of those areas where the boats would stop and tie together?

Was the crime scene home, a party house where anyone was welcome or was it private?

The river in front of the house appears to flow very slowly. How fast would you say that water flows?

Is that area popular for hunting and fishing?

Is there a duck blind on that property?

When was the pond built on the property?

To someone passing by, would the pond look very deep and how deep is it?

Does anyone know if Mackenzie or her family spent the summer at CB?

How deep is the water along the beach?
Thanks

Old 03-09-2010, 03:52 PM
On Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Vic View Post
I have a couple of questions to those that may have spent time down at Crescent Bar during the summer. I have seen some video from parties around Crescent Bar, forgive me if I am asking dumb questions, but I have never been to Crescent Bar for recreation.
The section of beach near the crime scene, is that one of those areas where the boats would stop and tie together?

Was the crime scene home, a party house where anyone was welcome or was it private?

The river in front of the house appears to flow very slowly. How fast would you say that water flows?

**** No, absolutely not. People are seldom, if ever, on that beach. During the summer time, when the river is higher, there is NO beach there.

**** Not a party house. It was very private.

**** It flows 0 – ½ mile per hour.

**** Yes to both. There is a great deal of waterfowl at CB during the fall and winter, so there are a lot of duck hunters on the river and on the land (especially the marshy, flat land about 80 yards down river).
**** There are always several fishing boats (non-commercial) on that stretch of the river year-around.

**** What makes you ask that question?

**** At least 5 or 6 years ago.

**** It’s deep enough to go swimming in. It has a volleyball net stretched across it, and people used to play water volleyball in it. I’ve never been in it or viewed it close up.

**** I don’t know.

**** Very shallow. You can walk out into the river quite a ways.
Thanks

Old 03-09-2010, 05:42 PM
On Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Hey, Del Rio, would it be fair to suspect that you saw a lot of pruning of foliage in an effort to conceal themselves during post mortum activities?
No, it would not have been necessary for the killers to prune any foliage around February 13 because such pruning for concealment purposes had already been done.
Thanks

Old 03-09-2010, 06:11 PM
On Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by suns View Post
Del Rio, don't tell me that the pruning was done in the days prior!? This is starting to align with the astrology posting!

When was said pruning done?
I haven't read the astrology posting, but the "pruning" I was speaking of was NOT done in the DAYS prior. And it was not done by the killers or accomplices.

But, someone may have done some other pruning on the CB property. That would be consistent with the differences which I noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlfawkes View Post
You think the area was prepped ahead of time?
Not prepped for the concealment of MC's body or post-mortum work to her body. It was prepared for other innocuous purposes.
Thanks

Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
On Time Out

Quote:
Del Rio, would you care to speculate the timing of the brush cutting? Did it appear as a long established duck blind might appear.....or....if it was freshly prepared, were the cut branches, sticks etc arranged for concealment of the body or more concealment of perps (fort like)?
There did appear to be a patch of brush missing in the photo I posted previously, which I commented bothered me the most.

The "pruning" I referred to was done about 3-months prior to MC's murder.

The "pruning" I referred to was for a duck blind, a very new duck blind. I have reason to believe MC's body was found either inside the duck blind or inches outside of it.
Thanks

Old 03-09-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by del rio View Post
I haven't read the astrology posting, but the "pruning" I was speaking of was NOT done in the DAYS prior. And it was not done by the killers or accomplices.

Not prepped for the concealment of MC's body or post-mortum work to her body. It was prepared for other innocuous purposes.
What "innocuous purposes" are you hinting at?
Thanks

Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
On Time Out

Quote:
Del Rio, would you care to speculate the timing of the brush cutting? Did it appear as a long established duck blind might appear.....or....if it was freshly prepared, were the cut branches, sticks etc arranged for concealment of the body or more concealment of perps (fort like)?
There did appear to be a patch of brush missing in the photo I posted previously, which I commented bothered me the most.

The "pruning" I referred to was done about 3-months prior to MC's murder.

The "pruning" I referred to was for a duck blind, a very new duck blind. I have reason to believe MC's body was found either inside the duck blind or inches outside of it.
Thanks

Thread 6, pages 3, 6, 7 etc.

Del Rio made several observations regarding summer water levels on that beach and further out in thread 6, page 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg