WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The the realtor who “hosted” the open house at the spec home the day after MC body was found and after LF had done a quick search the same night apparently told one of her best friends that she saw something in the house

two questions...please...what or who is LF? Did you mean LE?
Who was open house hosting realtor?

thanks.

Autumn..I remember the question about a duck blind! very strange...and very out of the blue

Between running errands and doing a little fishing today, took some time to do some sleuthing out and about in the area.

Found some intersting things...

First of all, can anyone recall if a picture has been posted of the exact spot off the road the car was located? I ask because there are two lots right next to each other at the end of PCR. I drove up there tonight, and found something interesting- there is a huge, bright street light that shines out on the road and illuminates the front part of the stock lot where implements and materials are sitting. It lights up the lot, the road and the mailboxes. Looks like it is not new, either.

Further up, about 100 yards, there is another lot, on the same side off the road (left if heading up) leading back to some hay and a farm implement of some type. Not really a lot, just a turn off before heading up the hill to RHs home. It's a bit darker there but still the entrace is illuminated.

And, there are at least 30 homes lining the road up to the parking spot. Most have good views of the road.

Not a well thought out place to dump the car. Not nearly as secluded as would be thought. That light is BRIGHT! It is not dark where the car was left.

This all plays into a theoty I'm working on. After driving to and from CB, sidetracking out in the Palisades - a place NO ONE has mentioned that I know of being the one place in the valley where there is NO cell service whatsoever- and then buzzing up to PCR, I'm just now getting in

A few other things, for what they are worth:

In moderate traffic this afternoon- 24 minutes from stoplight at Columbia River Bridge to being parked in driveway of CB house.

In light/moderate traffic this evening- 31 minutes from driveway of CB house to driving up, turning around and parking car in RHs lot up PCR

Cell phone coverage was better than it had been previously- Was able to keep coverage and maintain a call until Grant County Line. At this exact spot, 0 bars and lost call. Sporadic, 1 bar down to house. Could not keep a call on line. 0 bars in driveway of house, the 3, then 0. Very erratic service.

Heading back, same sporadic service until crossing mile marker 22- Douglas/Grant line at RR underpass. Service stays deecent most of way in.

2 miles in on Palisades road- no service whatsoever. Drove in 10+ miles- never got service.

I'm not sure if this means much. Just some findings.

And, it was weird being at the CB home. Parked, got out of car for about 30 seconds. Walked towards pond with volleyball net across, saw painted line on ground. Looked around and just didn't like being there. Was going to look more, as the real estate sign is up, it is vacant and I wouldn't consider checking out a home for sale as trespassing, but it just didn't seem right.

Seeing the place really inhanced the images Del's photos and postings had established.

I've been to CB a handful of times in past couple years and I never would have noticed the place if I didn't know it was there. Never noticed before. It is VERY secluded. Unless one is on the property or walking the river one would never see anything located there.

Could you tell us more about what you saw up the Palisades? I think I like where you are going with this and it makes sense as Crescent Bar property wouldn't be that far out of the way if something did happen up the Palisades. It is a beautiful place to take a drive, very unique and arrowhead hunters paradise. So, I recall it gets remote pretty fast, but I don't remember too many side roads and the few houses seemed to be pretty close to the road. I also seem to recall one, (or more?), abandoned single wides, but I could be thinking of some place else???

two questions...please...what or who is LF? Did you mean LE?
Who was open house hosting realtor?

thanks.

Also, MakesMeWonder, are you saying the rumor is LE did a cursory search of the spec house Friday, BEFORE the open house on Saturday? If so, they must not have found anything that "upsetting" or it would have been locked up immediately.

crescent-bar-comparison.jpg
[/IMG]

Good job with that photoshop! That's incredible that pufnstuf would even find this not knowing how similar the horizons are. However, you can tell they are different since the picture with the boy has homes along the shoreline but the CB picture does not.

That last phone "ping" still has me a bit.

Theory

First of all, I believe a couple of things-
#1- there is another crime scene or location that has yet to be identified, and
#2- the killer acted alone, at least thru the point of killing MC. After that, maybe accomplice (s)

Based upon the 31 minute drive time I experienced today from the driveway of the CB home to the car drop spot up PCR, I think it is reasonable to conclude the killer could have left CB as late as 6:15 to 6:20, gotten the car to the drop spot and gotten away- either thru hiking out, getting a ride or walking unnoticeably. RH reported that he saw the car at 7 PM. He could be off one way or another by a few minutes. The car could have been placed there a bt before or after 7. As I said earlier, I left CB at 6:26 PM today and parked my car in the same spot MC's was found at 6:57.

So, this leaves 3:40 PM at the Orondo boat launch to as late as 6:25-6:30 leaving the CB property. Take out about 30 minutes it likely took to drive Wenatchee to CB with likely fairly heavy in town traffic that Tuesday.

As much as 2 hours and 20 minutes remain- a lot of time for the what, when, where, how to occur. We figure this and we'll find why and who.

I think there was time to take the car, MC and the phone to somewhere we haven't looked. Everything else happened to the south of town. The body placement, the car placement. Why wouldn't the murder as well?

I wonder if anyone suspected or linked to this case has any connection at all to anyone living off Palisades Road? This is a paved road that lies just south of Rock Island Dam. Sporadic development, mostly mobiles or farms. Small town- Palisades- back in about 7 miles. Population about 50 people, a few dogs and a lot of roosters. Road continues on back to gravel after ten miles. No cell phone activity at all.

Could MC's cell have had it's last "ping" as it left this "dead" area and entered the other "dead" zone down at CB? If the phone was on and they went back in the Palisades, it would not have registerred the entire time they were back there. Then registered when they came out. Likely gone silent again in the next dead zone, CB? Then disposed of in the river?

Just some thoughts... Maybe nothing, maybe something. Just want to keep thought going forward.

Autumn..I remember the question about a duck blind! very strange...and very out of the blue

Well, maybe there was something about the pictures that made James Vic think it looked like one? He asked some great questions!

It's amazing when you go back and ready the older threads how many things we have discussed and dug into.........are many of the same things being discussed and dug into several days or weeks later and there always seems to be new information dug up! So, even if we seem to be going in circles, the circles are getting smaller! I think........

Here are some useful links that I've gone back to from time to time while going through the threads. Thought these might be helpful for referrence:

CB Property Listing (more pics):

http://www.moseslakehouses.com/defaultlistings.x?listid=420462

Spec house on Sunnyslope Listing (unconfirmed Crime Scene):

http://www.century21.com/property/index.jsp?id=35431858&campaign=listhub&refcode=C21yahoo

News Videos/Memorial Videos of MC:

http://www.newsrunner.com/videos/ma...nzie-cowell/3051126525/0/0?summaryon=1&sg=all

Slide show of where MC's body was found:

http://www.kirotv.com/slideshow/news/22603743/detail.html

I almost forgot. I went over to the Home and Garden show this evening and ran into a vendor there that had done some work for me on one of my houses. His son is younger so I asked him what he had heard "on the streets" about MC's case. It turns out that his roomate is the brother to MC's boyfriend. The bf that she had been going with for almost 2 years. I was told that he is very distraught and that MC had just recently broken up with him. That she was seeing the guy from Tacoma and he had just found out about it. (the bf) The BF's brother was standing right there and confirmed it. They all seemed to believe that JF was the primary POI. Rumor and speculation, but a good source!

Could you tell us more about what you saw up the Palisades? I think I like where you are going with this and it makes sense as Crescent Bar property wouldn't be that far out of the way if something did happen up the Palisades. It is a beautiful place to take a drive, very unique and arrowhead hunters paradise. So, I recall it gets remote pretty fast, but I don't remember too many side roads and the few houses seemed to be pretty close to the road. I also seem to recall one, (or more?), abandoned single wides, but I could be thinking of some place else???

It is remote. Many abandoned mobiles, dilapidated older homes and vacant garages and sheds. Some close, some set back from road. Set back in a coulee with rising walls the further back one gets. Not much traffic. Cell coverage zilch- at least on my phone- Verizon.

Road is paved almost ten miles in. I didnt go all the way back- maybe 12, 13 miles. It turns to gravel. Still decent road, I could see how the gravel would dust up a vehicle fast. Especially if someone drove fast.

And, it is located bewteen Wenatchee and CB.

It's secluded nature has made it the subject of this type of talk- in this way, spoken in jest to someone screwing off- in my circle anyway: "I aught to just kick your --- and dump you out in the Palisades". Know what I mean?

I hadn't even though of it until I drove by it on way to CB. Then on way back, I thought I'd drive out there. And found, nothing... Really, it's desolate...

Could be nothing but a wild goose chase. Worth pondering, I think. I just wonder about possible connections.

Where did the photo come from? I thought it might be the same location, but the back ground has homes on the shore and the one of the real estate add shows no home in the background.

Check out post #602 (2nd pix) & you'll see some homes in the background so IF this is CB this shot had to be taken way over to the right of where the other photos were shot..KWIM?

I almost forgot. I went over to the Home and Garden show this evening and ran into a vendor there that had done some work for me on one of my houses. His son is younger so I asked him what he had heard "on the streets" about MC's case. It turns out that his roomate is the brother to MC's boyfriend. The bf that she had been going with for almost 2 years. I was told that he is very distraught and that MC had just recently broken up with him. That she was seeing the guy from Tacoma and he had just found out about it. (the bf) The BF's brother was standing right there and confirmed it. They all seemed to believe that JF was the primary POI. Rumor and speculation, but a good source!

OMG AutumnRose- how could you forget to tell us about the biggest news we've heard all day?!! I really believe too that MC's boyfriend was very distraught. That is sooo CRAZY that you talked to his brother and that they all believe JF is the primary POI!! I would say that the brother of the person probably closest to MC is a very good source! Thank you for sharing!

Ithink delrio was enjoying his new found fame a bit much. Sorry del but we don't know what was down their even if there was a blind. I stopped followig most of what he had to say when the he said no shell casings were collected by le. Cme if their were casings down their they most definatley would have been the first things bagged. But that's just my opinion. Sorry to all who may take offence to this post.

Do you think those pictures were not of the a duck blind, near the house at CB? I am confused about what you saying. (sorry)

Check out post #602 (2nd pix) & you'll see some homes in the background so IF this is CB this shot had to be taken way over to the right of where the other photos were shot..KWIM?

Look at ziggy's photoshopped pictures above. You can see that where the homes at crescent bar are compared to the picture with the little boy, the horizons don't match.

It is remote. Many abandoned mobiles, dilapidated older homes and vacant garages and sheds. Some close, some set back from road. Set back in a coulee with rising walls the further back one gets. Not much traffic. Cell coverage zilch- at least on my phone- Verizon.

Road is paved almost ten miles in. I didnt go all the way back- maybe 12, 13 miles. It turns to gravel. Still decent road, I could see how the gravel would dust up a vehicle fast. Especially if someone drove fast.

It's secluded nature has made it the subject of this type of talk- in this way, spoken in jest to someone screwing off- in my circle anyway: "I aught to just kick your --- and dump you out in the Palisades". Know what I mean?

I hadn't even though of it until I drove by it on way to CB. Then on way back, I thought I'd drive out there. And found, nothing... Really, it's desolate...

Could be nothing but a wild goose chase. Worth pondering, I think. I just wonder about possible connections.

Yeah, lots of things to ponder. If it was out there, (and property wasn't tied to you, such as "just taking a walk"), why move body at all? Pondering...

OMG AutumnRose- how could you forget to tell us about the biggest news we've heard all day?!! I really believe too that MC's boyfriend was very distraught. That is sooo CRAZY that you talked to his brother and that they all believe JF is the primary POI!! Thank you for sharing! :woohoo:

yeah.........I know! I've been so busy going back and scrolling thru old threads so I could find those important posts from Del Rio so everyone could see where it all originated from! It took me forever to get caught up!

sorry.:back::doh:

So if MC broke up with him then he was no longer her bf. We know that the person from Tacoma has a new gf according to his Myspace (or FB) profile. So does that mean MC was seeing somebody completely different and what LE said about the BF being 17 could still be possible?

eta OR does this give the bf motive? all speculation

Wow! So, Palisades could be where another crime scene might be!?
speculation

That last phone "ping" still has me a bit.

Theory

I wonder if anyone suspected or linked to this case has any connection at all to anyone living off Palisades Road? This is a paved road that lies just south of Rock Island Dam. Sporadic development, mostly mobiles or farms. Small town- Palisades- back in about 7 miles. Population about 50 people, a few dogs and a lot of roosters. Road continues on back to gravel after ten miles. No cell phone activity at all.

Would Palisades Rd. be a place to hang out, and hide out, from city life and people? Could it be a place a criminal could beat someone up, or kill them, because no one will drive by for hours and hours? There are a lot of sage brush, rocks, and hills. It is very desolate...a lonely place. No cell phone service to call for help? Perfect place for a murder? Yeah, maybe...especially in MC's case, since there is no crime scene evidence anywhere else, and CB is close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip