WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the ww said the certificate was public. i will check it for ya

Anyone can request a copy of someone's death certificate, but you have to pay a fee. I believe it's $20. Same as a birth certificate - you can order one at any time.

WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) - Authorities say a central Washington high school student whose body was found along the Columbia River four days after she went missing was killed by manual strangulation and a stab wound to the neck.

The death certificate from the Chelan-Douglas Health District says an autopsy found that blunt impact to the head was also a significant factor in Mackenzie Cowell's death.

Anyone can request a copy of someone's death certificate, but you have to pay a fee. I believe it's $30. Same as a birth certificate - you can order one at any time.

county health charges 11.oo dollars

I'm still back on page three catching up, but feel compelled to comment.

Yesterday, I was pretty sure this was JF. And, I stated facts could change my mind. Well, we got some new facts today. After digesting them, hearing a few things from some co-workers and others I'm only about 50-50, on JF.

Salem has made some points about gangs and girls that corespond from some things I RUMOR heard from a couple of kids today.

Plus, there is quite a bit of conjecture that the murder did not occur at the spec house.

At this point, it really could be any number of people. So, to use a political term, take this out of the "likely JF" column and move it past "lean JF" to uncertain for me.

I still think the place that has some more answers for us is the location of the car. Why? How? Hmmm...

Oh WOW. I've always respected your opinion and your logical way of looking at things. I'm dying to know what changed your mind!

did the LE find evidence in the car?

Yes. Still waiting on it to come back from WSCL.

Link is in the timeline, pg 1 of this thread.

I do not think that MC had any gang association. She may have been a frined of someone that had a gang association? She does not seem like the type of person that would be directly involved in a gang. This was just a theory based on her relationship to VDD. Yes he was in jail and was sentenced on March 1st.

Are we sure VDD is/was her BF now? He's a convicted felon!

Just getting started in this forum; but VDD is a convicted felon because of actions he took against MC in 2005, not with MC. He has since had 2 (or 3?-gotta check) situations with LE and his most recent release from jail was on 2/22/10 if I recall correctly:loser:

Forgive me if this has already been covered while I'm catching up

Just getting started in this forum; but VDD is a convicted felon because of actions he took against MC in 2005, not with MC. He has since had 2 (or 3?-gotta check) situations with LE and his most recent release from jail was on 2/22/10 if I recall correctly:loser:

Forgive me if this has already been covered while I'm catching up

I read the documents from the 2005 incident and he wasn't convicted of that. That case was dismissed because no one showed up in court.:waitasec:

the ww said her death was quick. this must of been planned.

Remember the guy that Mac wrote the text too that said "mmm you look good and then the sorry statement after that? Well he just started going out with a girl at the beginning of Jan. I think everyone thought Mac was starting to go out with him. Do you think maybe the new girlfriend got mad and did something? Because it kind of seems to me it was a jealousy murder. Sorry to say that word. Somebody was very mad. Maybe a girl could have been there and made guys do things too. Maybe a certain male had to prove that he loved the girlfriend and had nothing to do with Mackenzie. Just a thought.

Remember the guy that Mac wrote the text too that said "mmm you look good and then the sorry statement after that? Well he just started going out with a girl at the beginning of Jan. I think everyone thought Mac was starting to go out with him. Do you think maybe the new girlfriend got mad and did something? Because it kind of seems to me it was a jealousy murder. Sorry to say that word. Somebody was very mad. Maybe a girl could have been there and made guys do things too. Maybe a certain male had to prove that he loved the girlfriend and had nothing to do with Mackenzie. Just a thought.

I don't recall hearing that.:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

About the duck blind:

del rio said he made it and some trails down to it, (two trails that intersected half way down in the heavy brush below the pond). He did not say that he knows that the body was place in his duck blind, just that he suspected it was after he surveyed the grounds himself, (his pictures showed police markings on the ground inside his duck blind). He left some things in the blind that were not there when he returned to the blind after the body was found. It is assumed police took them as evidence, but is only an assumption. Some of the items could have been removed earlier by a friendly neighbor cleaning up litter off the beach and bank. :)

did the LE find evidence in the car?

I believe the WSP did the examination of MC's car based upon earlier media reports, but I'll need to research that to be certain. Anyone else remember?:waitasec:

Update: PufnStuf confirmed that WSPCL did the exam of the car and it is included in the timeline in post #1 of this thread. Thanks Puf

I read the documents from the 2005 incident and he wasn't convicted of that. That case was dismissed because no one showed up in court.:waitasec:

But...it was plead down to a lesser charge and a sentence administered, right? Not showing up in court is a common method of being less than cooperative with the efforts of the prosecutor.

Oh WOW. I've always respected your opinion and your logical way of looking at things. I'm dying to know what changed your mind!

My mind changed when I considered what actual facts we have. With the presentation of the cause of death today, it really caused me to consider what we actually know. Real facts. Facts that are not connected with any rumor.

Regarding JF- what do we really have? As fact? Not rumor... Ok, sure he has a history as a somewhat unpleasant individual, and it is well documented. But, if there had been no rumor about him at all- would we even know who he was?

Don't misunderstand me. He's still a number one suspect for me. I'm just not totally sure anymore.

And, some of the rumors we have heard have been confirmed regarding cause of death. Stabbing, blunt trauma (which to me equals beaten/battered) were all things we had heard rumored.

The facts we do have- as presented in Pufnstuf's timeline and Salem's map- the facts pretty much pertain to six things:

1- She left the academy at 3:01 PM
2- Her text message was sent from boat launch at 3:40 PM (I think LE said she was actually there too, but am unsure so will not put down as fact- still it would be part of #2
3- Her phone pinged- it's last known activity- at 5:42 PM
4- RH called in her car abandoned up PCR on his property at approx 8:00 PM
5- Her body was discovered Feb 13th at CB
6- Her cause of death was "manual strangualtion and stab wounds to the neck". "Blunt impact to the head" also contributed to her death. The time interval between the homicide violence and death was "brief"

That is it. Seriously- that is all the general public has.

LE likely has tons more. We can speculate what it is. But, we don't know.

Although I respectfully acknowledge the possible and likely truth to some rumors- they are that- rumors. Even some that I have heard first hand and passed on. Not that this is bad- I think it helps us move towards conclusion.

I'm just saying I'm backing off a bit and taking a new look at a lot of things.

Since this is public information, maybe one of you locals could go into the courts and request to see it to confirm this and let us know? Is this how it works, I'm not even sure?

If no one else does this, I will head down Monday and check into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbhe224