WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes during the hunting season there are a fair number of hunters that hunt in the area. There is a boat launch there. They take their boats from that lauch to various points on the river.

That's some important info, canyon. It means that someone could have hunted from boat in the inlet at 156 CBR and they might have noticed how secluded the place was.

10C01384 PARKING/ABANDON 13:44:54 02/16/10 HOLVE WENDELL ACT

REFUSED TO GIVE INFORMATION,

AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CANYON BY THE NEWSPAPER BOXES, A RED HONDA CIVIC HATCHBACK
UNK LIC SITTING UNOCCUPIED, RP SAID IT IS A STRANGE PLACE FOR A CAR TO BE
SITTING, BUT IS NOT IMPEDING TRAFFIC AT ALL, RP JUST THOUGHT IT WAS SUSP.
which canyon???

I believe that call was near Cashmere

10C01402 WELFARE CHECK 23:37:27 02/16/10 RODRIGUEZ CARLO ACT

xxxxxx

RP EXHUSBAND THINKS THERE IS FOUL PLAY WITH HIS DAUGHTER. HER BOYFRIEND HAS PUT
HIS VOICE MAIL ON HER PHONE. DAUGHTER IS: LKA:BEHIND THE LIBRARY

10C01381 SUSPICIOUS 12:01:21 02/16/10 MUTCH DOMINIC ACT

xxxxxx

SUSP PERSON WALKING DOWN THE ROAD, SLIGHT BUILD, "GRUNGY LOOKING" WEARING
STOCKING DK COLOR CAP, CARRYING RED BACKPACK NEAR THE COMPTON RESIDENCE
12:02:03 02/16/2010 - VANBUSKIRK R
where is this area?

this is PC area, but it is several days later, when LE was asking about seeing anyone walking out of the canyon. I wondered about that call as well and wondered if it could have been a tip call in regarding the night of the 9th. IDK

bbm~

How bad is the gang problem in Wenatchee anyway? Other than the typical graffiti, what type of gang (girl gang in particular) activity is most prevalent?

Respectfully snipped by me :)

I don't mean to imply we don't have gangs at all. We do. I'm not very familiar with there being many girl gangs though. The girls mainly date the guys in the gang. They fight amongst each other for the most part.

The guys are the ones who commit the most crimes (at least they are the ones who get caught. if the girls are doing it they are way smarter. they are dating these low lifes so i doubt that is the case)

As far as drive by shootings and stabbings there have been a few that have happened recently, but they broke out at house parties occupied by nothing but other gang members. Another thing I will add is that yes, these were people in gangs that did these shootings, but there were other motives besides just rival gangs. You throw cocaine into the mix and that is when they go after each other.

Since MC had a bf that she seemed really love I don't believe she was involved with a gangster, but as you said anything is possible.

I definitely don't believe she was involved in using drugs as hard as cocaine, if any. I know I sound like a broken record, and I'm waiting for someone to change my mind, but I'm stickin with JF on this one... For now at least :)

All of this is of course my view and personal opinion!!

That H- SH, is a relative. Not sure which, not one of the sons I know that much.

RH owns that property where the car was and is a rancher. Has cattle up there, among other things.

But, good catch. Who knows, maybe the person was familar with the proerty somehow? Still seems like a poor place to hide a car unless one didnt care about it being found and just wanted to be rid of it fast.

Actually, the link & info was posted here by someone else (?) a few days ago.

I'm really confused right now cos the Co. addy (2395 Pitcher Canyon, Wenatchee) is Mr. H's & I thought the name (Scott Leo Hurd) was on the police report which I can't find at the moment..I'm also confused cos I do recall hearing he was a rancher (vs owning a construction Co) tho I suppose he can do both.

ETA..I found the info I was looking for..I think it's OK to post this since it's a public record:

http://www.mansontribune.com/content/view/793/2/

09C00667 ASSIST PUBLIC 22:07:36 01/20/09 MOHNS CARL ACT

HURD, SCOTT CLEO

2395 PITCHER CANYON RD, WENATCHEE, WA 98801

Phone: xxxxxxxx (by me)

RP HAS QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO HANDLE JUVENILE NOT COMING HOME, REPORTING AS

RUNAWAY ETC, JUST WANTS TO KNOW LAWS, AND GET SOME ADVICE

which canyon???

10C01384 13:44:54 02/16/10 Parking/Abandon

HALVERSON CANYON RD;

Isn't Halverson Canyon the next road down from Pitcher Canyon?

Here are some of del rio's pictures, for those of you newbies. I saw all of these when I was at the property.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 41
Here is GOOGLE of Halverson and Pitcher. Hope they open. Do not know what an abandon vehicle in both canyons on same night means.
Driving Directions
Link: <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=halverson+canyon+road+wenatchee+wa&daddr=pitcher+canyon+road+wenatchee+wa&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.252269,54.667969&ie=UTF8&ll=47.360106,-120.33205&spn=0.053838,0.106773&z=13&dirflg=d>

Start address: Halverson Canyon Rd Wenatchee, WA 98801
End address: Pitcher Canyon Rd Wenatchee, WA 98801

Start at: Halverson Canyon Rd Wenatchee, WA 98801

1. Head south toward Halverson Loop/Halvorson Canyon Rd - 423 ft
2. Turn left at Halverson Loop/Halvorson Canyon Rd - 1.1 mi
3. Turn left at Squilchuck Rd - 2.1 mi
4. Turn left at Pitcher Canyon Rd - 1.1 mi

Arrive at: Pitcher Canyon Rd Wenatchee, WA 98801

which canyon???

10C01384 13:44:54 02/16/10 Parking/Abandon

HALVERSON CANYON RD;

Isn't Halverson Canyon the next road down from Pitcher Canyon?

Very Near!

That's some important info, canyon. It means that someone could have hunted from boat in the inlet at 156 CBR and they might have noticed how secluded the place was.

That is a possibility. I have been on the river at CB, but south of there. I do not know how big the inlet is around the house, but I dont believe a hunter in a boat would set up in front of a house. However, they could have boated by cruising back to the launch.

Oh god.... I think I just found something huge. Let me upload!

I went back to try to find Del Rio's original posts on the CB property pictures and what he was told regarding MC's remains. He pulled his original pictures but then posted them again, but I was only able to find one. These quotes are pulled from thread 3, pages 9, 10 & 12. Also in this thread was the original discussions on the sighting of the guy washing his big, muddy tires at the carwash late at night, and MagicKiss's account of WC's late night 911 calls.

The one picture I found of Del Rio's was thread 3, page 28. More quotes pulled from thread 4, pg 1 & 2. Still looking for when the discussions came up on the duck blind and all that, but my eyes are rolling around in my head from scrolling! Thought this would help for those that are trying to find that and wondering where it came from. A lot of the original stuff has been removed so I couldn't quote the quotes, but copied the quotes from other quotes. Ummmm........don't quote me on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by del rio View Post
MC's feet were not in the Columbia River. They were in the stream that comes out of the pond. Nonetheless, her body was on or near the "beach." Just not in the River.

Quote:
That is to say, MC's body was closer to, if not in, the brush near the edge of the "beach."

In other words, MC's killer probably did try to hide her body.

Quote:
If MC's feet were in fact in that stream when her body was found, then that means that her body was placed less than 10 feet from the Douglas County/Grant County border.

Maybe the killer(s) were trying to place her body just inside of Grant County but barely missed--for whatever reason.

I get the distinct impression that the killer(s) were purposefully trying to cause a jurisdictional headache for LE.

Quote:
There was a bag "on" MC's head when her body was discovered.

Quote:
I don't know what type of bag or anything. The information I received stated there was a "bag on" her head.

I don't know if that means a bag was laid on top of her head, or her head was inside the bag.

That said, I would be very surprised if MC's cause of death was suffocation. I don't think that would provoke LE to call her killer a "monster" or prevent LE from releasing the cause of death.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:22 AM
On Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPEFUL26 View Post
OMG...

do you know what kind of bag? I mean, was the bag used for suffocation or to keep her from seeing where she was?

I am fairly confident that MC's cause of death is not gun-related, at least not by shotgun wounds.
Thanks

Quote:
I am fairly confident that MC's cause of death is not gun-related, at least not by shotgun wounds.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:16 AM
On Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelanCountyMom View Post
Del Rio,
Do you have any pictures that supports her feet being in the water?

No. The only info I have regarding MC's feet being in the stream came from a person who resides in CB (hopefully you can read between the lines).
Thanks

On Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsgramma View Post
If i am reading between the lines right it makes sense why you know so much.

To be clear, it's not based on my own first hand knowledge. People in CB, Trinidad and Little CB like to talk.
Thanks

I'm just thinking and speculating out loud again.....all MOO

Concerning the RUMORED girl gang theory, why go to the spec house? how did they know about it?

IMHO the killer had to have prior knowledge and access to the spec house!

IMHO if the spec house wasn't RUMORED to be connected, the RUMORED girl gang theory would be more believable.

MOOOOOO

Does this shoreline and horizon look familiar to anyone else?

Attachments

• beachh.jpg
    beachh.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 227
Great info!

The lot where the car was left was the lower one, with the mailboxes, right before the steep hill. The WW ran a pic in one of the articles. It's right where the pavement ends.

Most likely the car was parked at dusk, I've been up there around 6ish the week after she disappeared and didn't notice the light. Maybe it's activated by darkness.

You're braver than me. I've driven by CB 4 times in the last few weeks and couldn't get the guts to stop. Just felt creepy as hell.

Thanks and kudos back to yo for confirming the parking spot. The light is located on the opposite side of the road, directly across from the entrance to the lot, at the end of the pavement.

I was up there at 6:57 PM tonight when I witnessed it being on.

I couldn't find a sunset schedule for Wenatchee, but Seattle Sunset (slightly later) was listed for 5:27 PM on Feb 13/ 6:10 PM on March 13. A 43 minute diffrerence. Can't be certain if it was on when car was parked or not.

And, yes, I felt weird the minute I saw the house. It was just a mixed bag- sad, spooky, eerie, etc. Got so distracted I failed to look for a couple things I specifically meant to.

I'll likely swing by this week again, as it's on the way of a couple trips I'll be making.

Does this shoreline and horizon look familiar to anyone else?

That background kind of looks like Lake Chelan??

the water up there is very blue like that. When I was at CB this summer the water wasn't clear and pretty like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!