Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really . . . maybe Lake Chelan? :waitasec:

That was my first thought too. If it was CB I would think the second ridge back would be basalt cliffs, but not sure.

Sigh, anyone have a link or mls to the house? I'm so bad about bookmarking.

Does this shoreline and horizon look familiar to anyone else?

It looks more like areas around Puget Sound, (in W. Wa) to me...the beach and horizon.

ETA: I'm guessing salt water area, as well, but it DOES look like Lake Washington horizon and beach. Def not CB.

Looks like either Lake Wenatchee or Lake Chelan to me.

I don't think there is as much foilage along the Columbia in the area we are looking at. More scrub brush and basalt cliffs, IMHO

I could be wrong. Need to see more pics for comparison

hmm, I'll have to go back to the real estate photos and look. Who is the guy?

He's a child. I pixelated his face so that he wouldn't be recognizable.

Here's a shot of the shoreline from above the house... elevation is different... but just to give an idea:

Attachments

• housebo.jpg
    housebo.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 141
do these help? pics courtesy of del

i hope i'm attatching them correctly

IMHO rocks look similar

Attachments

• Maui-CB 066.jpg
    Maui-CB 066.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Maui-CB 043.jpg
    Maui-CB 043.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 48
I know that is what I was thinking about the rocks... just the water and the background. I was trying to think of any places that are rocky like that.

We don't swim in rocky areas like that around here..That poor kid's feet..Ouch!

Crap, wow, puf.

The similarity is striking if you imagine it on a slightly different angle and from lower. Wish Del was here, he could tell in an instant.

Is that Mac in the boat? I have to assume this is a Cowell family photo?

Look at the first pic on the listing for comparison:

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cach...864&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

OMG- Just looked at the pic puf posted side by side w/ realtor pic.

Puf- can't wait to hear more!

Here's a shot of the shoreline from above the house... elevation is different... but just to give an idea:

Yeah, that's the one I linked to. Wish we has better res on that. I have to say though that just based on the ridge and the shape of the farthest back mountains, this may very well be the CB property.

I found the photo on a guy's myspace. He has the same last name as the property owners where the car was found.

Crap, wow, puf.

The similarity is striking if you imagine it on a slightly different angle and from lower. Wish Del was here, he could tell in an instant.

Is that Mac in the boat? I have to assume this is a Cowell family photo?

Look at the first pic on the listing for comparison:

http://74.125.155.132/search?q=cach...864&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

This is the RE listing date for the CB house:

Listing InformationRefreshed at 4:30 AM PT (2 hours ago)
Added on Nov 7, 2009 (97 days ago)

Does anyone remember when del rio indicated he created the 'duck blind' at the CB property?

That is not MC in the yellow tube. Just some kids who were in the photo in the background.

Where did the photo come from? I thought it might be the same location, but the back ground has homes on the shore and the one of the real estate add shows no home in the background.

From what I see, in the first pic, the horizon is completely different than that of the CB area. The horizon in the first pic is heavy with evergreens, and looks like many beaches I've been to in Western Wa. -- Lake Washington, Hood Canal, etc.

I do agree with S9 that it is most similar to Lake Wenatchee if it was taken in Central WA. JMO.

ETA: It very well could be in W. WA, if it is a family photo, WC is from there and has friends and family there.

Ok... just wanted to get opinions. Since I don't live in the area, to me it really looked the same.

Plus the photos that we have of CBR were made in the fall and winter. The photo I posted was a summer photo. That might account for the difference in green...

Sorry I got everyone excited... I thought I had found something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepingpillsstore