WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If both cars, boyfriend and Nadia's were found in Pullman, when did Nadia pick up her car and drive to Pullman? I am assuming that her car was at her parents because of their trip.
"Investigators say Aung took his daughter and fiancée on a fishing trip to Montana. However, police say the cars associated with the two of them were left in Pullman. This has led investigators to believe they are traveling in unknown vehicles.

I think the two threads need to be combined, I'm getting whiplash trying to keep them straight!

I wonder if it means Aaron has multiple cars, which were left in Pullman, and Nadia doesn't have a car? Another possibility would be Nadia left her car with friends in Pullman while she was on her Italy trip. Just my guess. Otherwise, I'd say that could be a mistake in the writing of the news article which unfortunately happens rather frequently.

They are a striking couple and the little girl is adorable. I think people would notice them. I know this just hit the news, but I'm thinking if people have seen them in the past few days, they would remember when seeing their photos in the news.

But, as far as we know, nobody has come forward to say they have seen them. I'm thinking this was well planned out in advance and they have stayed out of public places. Are they in one place? Traveling by car at night, perhaps? How is the little one doing??

I'm hoping NC comes to her senses and contacts her family. She must realize they are worried and want more than anything to hear from her.

jmo
On the one hand, I completely agree with everything you said here.
And then I have to stop and remind myself that we literally have no idea what actually happened.

Was it a planned abduction that NC was in on from the beginning?
Is that why she just booked it out of the airport - all planned like that?
Was there an accident & AA called NC?
Was it something super creepy like AA called & threatened harm if she didn't meet him right now?
Do NC's friends know AA, and have they said anything about him, either good or bad?
Why did she leave her phone?
Is baby girl okay?
Are all 3 of them okay?
Why did she head toward the waterfront on University?
Where was she actually going?
Are they even together?

I mean, we literally know nothing, other than all 3 of them are gone in a heartbreaking/weird way for baby's mama and AA & NC's confused families.

jmo

Being from Bremerton originally, my first thought was also the ferry terminal.
Things may have changed over the years but I thought the only 2 boats leaving the Seattle terminal were either headed to Bremerton or Bainbridge Island. But who knows where she was really headed, or why.
Major weirdness in this case.
Yes. I live on the Olympic Peninsula and take either the Seattle/Bainbridge or Edmonds/Kingston ferries, depending on where I’m going and how busy it is. I’ve never needed the Seattle/Bremerton ferry as it’s a longer crossing and I don’t do much in the Bremerton area.

But yes, they all end up on the peninsula so unless they plan to hide out in a remote area or make a beeline to Port Angeles to the Victoria ferry there aren’t many options.

There are other ferries but IMO they’re not helpful for a couple on the run, especially with a toddler in tow.

I wonder if anyone is helping them?
All MOO

And then I have to stop and remind myself that we literally have no idea what actually happened.

Was it something super creepy like AA called & threatened harm if she didn't meet him right now?
Do NC's friends know AA, and have they said anything about him, either good or bad?
Is baby girl okay?
Are all 3 of them okay?
Are they even together?

I mean, we literally know nothing, other than all 3 of them are gone in a heartbreaking/weird way for baby's mama and AA & NC's confused families.

jmo
I'm right with you with all those questions.

But, what really speaks loudly to me is that she seemingly left her mom waiting for her. I can't imagine ANY situation that was so urgent that NC wouldn't tell Mom, who was with her at an airport boarding gate unless physically coerced (and we know she left the airport on her own) or it was deliberate on NC's part. Or, possibly, she had a bad reaction to drugs/medication??? idk.

I can't get past leaving Mom at the boarding gate.

jmo

I'm right with you with all those questions.

But, what really speaks loudly to me is that she seemingly left her mom waiting for her. I can't imagine ANY situation that was so urgent that NC wouldn't tell Mom, who was with her at an airport boarding gate unless physically coerced (and we know she left the airport on her own) or it was deliberate on NC's part. Or, possibly, she had a bad reaction to drugs/medication??? idk.

I can't get past leaving Mom at the boarding gate.

jmo
Yeah, that's the weirdest part of her disappearing for sure.
Then again, we also don't really know what kind of relationship she had with her parents.
Or even what she's really like at all.
Maybe something like that wasn't as weird as we think it is?

It's hard to speculation one way or the other without more info.

Yeah, that's the weirdest part of her disappearing for sure.
Then again, we also don't really know what kind of relationship she had with her parents.
Or even what she's really like at all.
Maybe something like that wasn't as weird as we think it is?

It's hard to speculation one way or the other without more info.
I'm willing to speculate that it's weird to leave your mom stranded at a boarding gate before departure on an international trip that the two had planned for over a year. And Mom apparently thought so too as she didn't get on the plane but hired a PI to help find out what happened.

jmo

Is baby girl okay?
Are all 3 of them okay?
Are they even together?

jmo
No we know nothing as fact. Often times people do jump to conclusions that things are connected, when they're not.

I'm usually the one saying that no conclusions can be drawn! However, I'm not feeling that reluctance this time.

I guess, what's clinching it for me is:
-Nadia disappeared about 3-4 hours before her fiance was last seen
-It would take something extremely important for a young woman to suddenly bail out on a trip to Italy,
-Whatever it was, she feels obliged to conceal it from her parents
-She left her phone behind when she went to the bathroom. She very intentionally left the airport and went straight to LRT. No pacing around in the airport, making calls, deciding what to do. This indicates preplanning, and a determination to conceal her wherabouts - not, for eg, a mental health crisis.
-I assume LE have access to her banking records, yet she's not been located. So she may not have used any Atms or cards. Again, seems like a well-planned effort to disappear. A person flying to Italy wouldn't usually take much US cash.

JMO

Being from Bremerton originally, my first thought was also the ferry terminal.
Things may have changed over the years but I thought the only 2 boats leaving the Seattle terminal were either headed to Bremerton or Bainbridge Island. But who knows where she was really headed, or why.
Major weirdness in this case.

There's now a fast ferry to Kingston as well from Seattle. And the ferries to West Seattle and to Vashon Island from there, but those wouldn't make much sense. So BI, Bremerton, or Kingston would be most likely. Getting to Kingston would actually get to Port Angeles most quickly.

How long are the ferry rides? Just seems risky to me, if she's trying to get away unnoticed, to take a ferry that would allow time for someone to figure out where she is and have someone (LE or ferry crew, for example) watch for her to disembark.

I'm leaning toward the ferry as being a ruse, but that's a complete guess, not based on fact.

jmo

There are fast ferries to Kingston and Bremerton that would take about 35 minutes. The regular one to Bremerton also, but that would take an hour. The ferry to Bainbridge (which I take regularly) would be 30-35 minutes.

Edited to add: I forgot that we're now in the season where there is also a ferry from Seattle to Victoria, BC. That one takes about three hours but leaves from further north in the city - maybe about a mile north?

There's now a fast ferry to Kingston as well from Seattle. And the ferries to West Seattle and to Vashon Island from there, but those wouldn't make much sense. So BI, Bremerton, or Kingston would be most likely. Getting to Kingston would actually get to Port Angeles most quickly.

There are fast ferries to Kingston and Bremerton that would take about 35 minutes. The regular one to Bremerton also, but that would take an hour. The ferry to Bainbridge (which I take regularly) would be 30-35 minutes.

Edited to add: I forgot that we're now in the season where there is also a ferry from Seattle to Victoria, BC. That one takes about three hours but leaves from further north in the city - maybe about a mile north?
I would think that, normally, there's CCTV at ferry terminals, at least on the ticket booth.

JMO

I would think a young woman would turn to her mother for advice or help, even if the mother didn't approve (and we don't know how if she did or did not approve of the relationship).
I absolutely can't speak for this young woman's mother, but my mother was just about the LAST person I'd go to in a desperate situation. Unfortunately, there are many family dynamics out there that could lead to a daughter either not being able to trust her mother [mine] or the daughter simply believing she can't do so. We also can't rule out Boyfriend having the gift of gab and managing to convince her she couldn't confide in her mother- we've seen that all too many times on here. I'm not sure that her not telling her mother what was up means much either way, at least with the information we have.

I would think that, normally, there's CCTV at ferry terminals, at least on the ticket booth.

JMO

Oh, there are definitely cameras at the ticket booths if you're driving on. If you're walking on (which you'd have to do for the fast ferries, or you optionally could do on the others), you don't have to go to a ticket booth. In fact, you can buy the passes up to a month in advance so don't even have to go to the ticket kiosks. I'm not sure about the presence of cameras in the walk-on section, though I'd have to think they're there.

I absolutely can't speak for this young woman's mother, but my mother was just about the LAST person I'd go to in a desperate situation. Unfortunately, there are many family dynamics out there that could lead to a daughter either not being able to trust her mother [mine] or the daughter simply believing she can't do so. We also can't rule out Boyfriend having the gift of gab and managing to convince her she couldn't confide in her mother- we've seen that all too many times on here. I'm not sure that her not telling her mother what was up means much either way, at least with the information we have.
Yet, she was about to embark on an international trip with her mom. Seems like they got along well enough to travel for fun together.

But I agree that her fiance likely convinced NC leaving was worth devastating and worrying her mom by a secret and abrupt departure at a moment that should've been exciting for mom and daughter to experience.

jmo

If both cars, boyfriend and Nadia's were found in Pullman, when did Nadia pick up her car and drive to Pullman? I am assuming that her car was at her parents because of their trip.
"Investigators say Aung took his daughter and fiancée on a fishing trip to Montana. However, police say the cars associated with the two of them were left in Pullman. This has led investigators to believe they are traveling in unknown vehicles.

I think the two threads need to be combined, I'm getting whiplash trying to keep them straight!
People are assuming she lived with her parents. IMO, she probably lived with her fiance in Moscow. I looked up the WSU commencement ceremony, it was May 4. With her Italy trip (and whatever else) planned, I doubt she'd have gotten a job. Why would she move back to live with her parents, leaving her fiance hours away in Idaho?

I expect she left her car in Moscow, and was given a ride to her parent's place just before the trip.

JMO

People are assuming she lived with her parents. IMO, she probably lived with her fiance in Moscow. I looked up the WSU commencement ceremony, it was May 4. With her Italy trip (and whatever else) planned, I doubt she'd have gotten a job. Why would she move back to live with her parents, leaving her fiance hours away in Idaho?

I expect she left her car in Moscow, and was given a ride to her parent's place just before the trip.

JMO
Good point, thank you. I just realized that she must have attended WSU in Pullman which is close to Moscow Idaho. Leaving her car in Pullman makes more sense to me now.

Yet, she was about to embark on an international trip with her mom. Seems like they got along well enough to travel for fun together.

But I agree that her fiance likely convinced NC leaving was worth devastating and worrying her mom by a secret and abrupt departure at a moment that should've been exciting for mom and daughter to experience.

jmo
Some people can be so besotted, they can convince themselves that 3 weeks away from the beloved would be unendurable. Perish the thought that you could possibly have fun while apart. I knew a married couple who insisted they would never spend a single night apart. (They later split up, though).

JMO

It sounds like Nadia was with both parents at the airport, and the three of them were going on the trip together.

"“The main thing is just try and find her, our daughter, and hope she’s safe,” said Kirk Cole, Nadia’s father, on Wednesday. Cole said Nadia went missing at 3 p.m. May 29 as they and Nadia’s mother, Beata Cole, were preparing to board a flight to Italy for a three-week vacation to celebrate Nadia’s recent graduation from Washington State University. “She left her phone, which I thought was odd, and her carry-on (a small backpack) and went to the bathroom and never returned,” Cole said."

I'm willing to speculate that it's weird to leave your mom stranded at a boarding gate before departure on an international trip that the two had planned for over a year. And Mom apparently thought so too as she didn't get on the plane but hired a PI to help find out what happened.

jmo
I agree, I just meant weird behavior for her. We don't know her or what she's like (spontanous/methodical/etc.) so something like that might not have been all that weird. I know what her parents have said but parents usually say the best things about their kids to the media, and don't go into detail about their personalities. That's all I really meant.

Although I tend to think it was just weird she did that. It gives the impression there was something urgent she had to get to, immediately, without telling anyone or taking anything.

MOD NOTE: Hey guys! Please remember the rules. If you need a refresher, the two most important links are in my signature.

Links are required. Don't post and say you're sure you read something if you can't put your eyes on it.

Thanks!

Knitty,

I haven't read every MSM article I'm sure, but I haven't seen anywhere where the last time AA was seen. He lives in Moscow and his daughter lives in Pullman but is that the last place anyone saw him, when he picked up his daughter for the alleged fishing trip?

I haven't read every MSM article I'm sure, but I haven't seen anywhere where the last time AA was seen. He lives in Moscow and his daughter lives in Pullman but is that the last place anyone saw him, when he picked up his daughter for the alleged fishing trip?
I was wondering this too. I'm having a hard time meshing timelines together for both situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14