WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JUN 6, 2024
The two-year-old girl’s mother is even more concerned because her daughter was dealing with severe constipation that sent her to the emergency room.

"We were advised by the doctor, we being Seraya and I, that if she didn't pass this soon, should could become septic, which is fatal," Harmon said.
Moo, this quote from Seraya’s mother has me going all kinds of directions. Did Seraya have a medical emergency, her dad panicked, called his fiancée Nadia and she ran to his side? But too much time has passed. Wouldn’t he just call 911 if the baby had an issue?

As a healthcare provider, I find it very unlikely the child was sent home from an ER with life-threatening constipation. While I hugely sympathize with the bio mom and she must be frantic with worry, I don’t think Seraya is in mortal danger from her constipation, or the hospital would have admitted her.

I think the two must likely scenarios are: the three ran off to avoid custody battles, or the dad became unhinged, Nadia tried to help and he did something terrible. Moo

As a healthcare provider, I find it very unlikely the child was sent home from an ER with life-threatening constipation. While I hugely sympathize with the bio mom and she must be frantic with worry, I don’t think Seraya is in mortal danger from her constipation, or the hospital would have admitted her.
This is along the lines of what I said on Seraya’s thread (I wish they would merge). If her constipation / impaction had her in such a dire situation I find it hard to believe they would just discharge her home rather than handle it at the hospital.

"When I found out she was missing, it was the worst day of my life. Every day since has been the worst day of my life," said Samara Harmon, the two-year-old girl’s mother.[/URL]

Um... that's strange language right there. FOUND OUT she was missing?!? From who? Wouldn't she be the one REPORTING her missing? Or does the mom even have custody? Was the daughter supposed to be returned to someone else other than the mom? (That's the only reason I can think of for the odd language...)

Interesting tidbit, that they were meeting for custody exchanges at the police department.
WHY were they doing so, and how does that impact the situation?

I'm wondering how reliable all the narrators are in this mess.

Mom of the child seems freaked out about the disappearance but not worried about the child's safety (from the video below),
so I hope this is an indication that he does not have anger issues and she is confident he wouldn't harm the toddler. I genuinely hope this is the case.
That interview makes me uncomfortable. I'm having a difficult time articulating why; perhaps you're right.

Um... that's strange language right there. FOUND OUT she was missing?!? From who? Wouldn't she be the one REPORTING her missing? Or does the mom even have custody? Was the daughter supposed to be returned to someone else other than the mom? (That's the only reason I can think of for the odd language...)

From the police:
KREM2 spoke to the mother of the missing two-year-old child, Samara Harmon, who said she was never informed that her daughter and Aung were going to Montana.
Harmon said she was completely unaware of the situation until yesterday when she found out from police about what was going on.
"She is the definition of diva, but also the absolute sweetest person I've ever met. She's my very best friend," Harmon said.
Harmon, who is also 20 weeks pregnant, is hoping that something like this doesn't happen to other parents.

"This is my worst nightmare, and I don't wish it upon my worst enemy," Harmon said. "And if there's any other parents who have gone through this before, my heart beyond goes out to them. And I really hope that this is something I mean, I know there's probably no way for law enforcement to prevent this from ever happening to anyone. But I just hope that it doesn't happen very often. And just everyone hug your babies extra tight and hold them extra long and cherish every millisecond even the tough ones because you don't know when they just won't be coming home."

More from the mother about the timeline as she understands it. Police connected the dots through the report about Cole before he was scheduled to do their exchange at Pullman PD.

Harmon told KOMO News Aung has withheld their daughter from her before, the longest being two weeks. Harmon also shared she learned of her daughter's disappearance and Cole's disappearance around the same time as she was waiting to pick up her daughter on Monday.

"When they had said that she (Cole) was missing, my mind immediately went to, 'Oh my god, is she okay?' Like, where could she be? It was immediate fear for her," Harmon said.

This is along the lines of what I said on Seraya’s thread (I wish they would merge). If her constipation / impaction had her in such a dire situation I find it hard to believe they would just discharge her home rather than handle it at the hospital.
I have had a toddler with the same issue (due to a celiac diagnosis). A&E sent me away with a prescription, but the long walk to and from the car got things 'moving' in the right direction. I agree that it there was that level of genuine concern from medics, the child would have been admitted for at least observation.

From all the news reports, she found out her daughter was missing when Aung failed to return the daughter for a custody exchange. At some point she got the police involved, and was likely told Aung was unable to be located, and their daughter and Cole were missing.

JUN 7, 2024
Nadia Erika Cole, a recent Washington State University graduate, left Sea-Tac at 3:08 p.m. May 29, according to the Fife Police Department on X. Fife police wrote on Monday that Cole might have been seen in the Fife area last week.

A Fife Police Department spokesman told The News Tribune the department has been unable to confirm if the report is legitimate.

North from SeaTac to Third Avenue/University St in Seattle and then south to Fife? Seems odd. I tend to think this was NOT Nadia, but you never know. MOO

Interesting tidbit, that they were meeting for custody exchanges at the police department.
WHY were they doing so, and how does that impact the situation?

I'm wondering how reliable all the narrators are in this mess.

This is very common, and often recommended by family law attorneys when there is any potential for dispute or drama between the two parents during a custody exchange. It's a safe, well lit place with security cameras and staff available at all hours. Our local police station even has marked parking spots for this purpose.

JUN 6, 2024
NonStop Local spoke to the Flathead County Sherrif's Office, who confirmed they were involved in the case. However, they said there was not enough supporting evidence that Sereya and Aung ever made it to Montana.

According to the Washington State Patrol, they are not involved in the case because no Amber Alert has been issued. Pullman Police said they have not issued an Amber Alert because the evidence must indicate that Sereya is in imminent danger, and thus far, their investigation has yet to show this. They say at this time; their investigation demonstrates that Aung may be attempting to deny Sereya's mother access to her rather than harm the 2-year-old.
BBM - so you can not return your daughter as you are obligated to do per the custody arrangement and disappear but LE doesn't consider her in "imminent danger". I find this horrifying for Sereya. JMO

I live in Seattle area and wonder every day why are all the parents are not getting in front of the cameras and pleading them to come home? Tell them they love them no matter what.
I was just thinking I'm surprised that after this news broke nationally that NC didn't contact her family. I really thought she would shake out whatever got into her head by now and come to her senses that her parents are worried sick.

jmo

BBM - so you can not return your daughter as you are obligated to do per the custody arrangement and disappear but LE doesn't consider her in "imminent danger". I find this horrifying for Sereya. JMO
I feel this is important to understand:

Police do not want to create a crisis, a hysterically emotional situation, for the safety of the child. They want the adults to stay calm, and feel they can just bring the child back, and have it be okay. Not create a 'do or die' desperation.

They can't stop the mother seeking media attention, but they can advice the adults, such as parents, to be chill.

JMO

MOO, pure speculation, perhaps something happened with the child which caused Aaron to panic. Maybe this was related to her medical condition or maybe there was an accident of some kind during this alleged fishing trip. Somehow he mentioned this to Nadia (voice call? Text? DM on social media? As far as I can tell, we haven't yet heard if her phone was wiped of data...), advised her he would likely be going "on the run," and they subsequently made a hasty decision to abscond together. IMHO, 21 and 22 are still very young ages and scary situations can make for drastic, even thoughtless, decisions on the fly - regardless if the subjects are generally intelligent, well-rounded people or not. I wholeheartedly hope that whatever decisions were made, and wherever they have gone, they will come to their senses and "turn themselves in," for lack of a better term - healthy and unharmed.

I can only assume they don't suspect "imminent danger" due to lack of any previous abuse or threats of violence.
For whatever reason he hasn't returned her, I think it helps a bit (maybe) to know he's the one who actually petitioned the court for paternity to be established, and support and custody to be worked out. He's a dad who wanted to be in his child's life, and took legal steps to make sure that happened.

My guess would be, he's probably a good dad, despite whatever's going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member