GUILTY WA - Nicole Pietz, 32, found strangled, Lynnwood, 28 Jan 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am intrigued about this sidebar ruling, judge implied that he has read it, lifted eyebrows - stared at counsel...like wondering if they have read it !

Do not even know if it is called a ruling.....must sleuth later.

It is really interesting.

Totally missed yesterday and today --- anything I HAVE TO watch? Do tell friends so I can go to the youtubessss

Totally missed yesterday and today --- anything I HAVE TO watch? Do tell friends so I can go to the youtubessss

Yesterday was mainly the forensic guy about the stomach contents (can't advise, I only listened while doing other things). The ME was on, and this morning fellow bank employees (about the bracelet) and a few of the detectives. The defense is doing its c.i.c. now, I didn't hear how many witnesses they planned on calling, their first was a recall of the bank manager who opened with David. I think they called someone else but I can't recall atm, I'm too hungry to think. lol

So, I think I heard defense say this am that the Dr, their first witness would be there at 1:30, arrrgggg 4:30 here on east coast.

Seattlechiquita, you are the perfect person to ask, have you not had sidebars in your court system for a while, or is that something brand new? I tried to look in your states court rules a while ago, had to jump off cliff again ! -g

I had live helicopter instead of the trial? Anyone get the feed back?

LOL it's back on now.

Anyone think he'll take the stand? I tend to doubt it. Wonder if pros. has any rebuttal? Maybe charge conference and then closings tomorrow? Quick end for a draggy-kinda trial.

He's burnt toast, think he knows that, nope, he won' take the stand.

Well the judge tried to get things going early in the morning, but the risk of jurors not being in the jury room when the defendant is brought down the hallway in shackles early (and possibly seeing him) was too great, so 9:00 a.m., jury instructions and then closing arguments.

So, I think I heard defense say this am that the Dr, their first witness would be there at 1:30, arrrgggg 4:30 here on east coast.

Seattlechiquita, you are the perfect person to ask, have you not had sidebars in your court system for a while, or is that something brand new? I tried to look in your states court rules a while ago, had to jump off cliff again ! -g

I have no idea. Haven't lived here that long, and this is the first trial in WA I follow.

Countdown to jury instructions and closing arguments:

Zero minus 45 minutes...

Good morning geevee, I am waiting too. Felt so bad for Nicole's mom yesterday, she looks tired and exhausted.

Yeah, she has suffered dearly throughout this ordeal, I hope the jury won't prolong it too much more.

Trial resumes, in the middle of them talking over jury instructions some more.

Wordsmithing still going on, over the conjunctive wording of the charge. I don't know why they can't use whatever the standard is so the standard jury instruction applies, this is nitpicky for nothing stuff.

Eric Wilkinson ‏@EricWilkinson 2m Packed courtroom for today's closing arguments in #PietzTrial

...and David is oh so bored, doing ball point spinning tricks. He will have a lot of prison time to perfect that.

Who does this defense guy think he is - SkinnyNurmi with all his objections and snagging at the clock of judicial practices? Did that make sense? lol

Please bring the jury in.

OMG, young green lawyer now is willing to go along with the typing ERROR, shoot me!

And still an error appears, in the numbering of the instructions. lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back