GUILTY WA - Nicole Pietz, 32, found strangled, Lynnwood, 28 Jan 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The new guy keeps looking at the prosecutor like 'Man, what did I miss with this trial?' It wasn't quite as salacious as it sounds now but his ears keep pricking up like it must have been something.

Pretty nice close so far.

"she was devoted to her sobriety, and that birthday meant something to her" :hug:

The prosecutor is detailing step by step, every piece of evidence for the jury. Way to go Ma'am, way to go.

"...the pills were undigested because she took them before bed and she was killed right after..."

I like her methodical nature in laying it out, wish all attnys did similar, because of all the wrangling of evidence and witnesses in and out, it can get confusing if they don't tell a cohesive story at the end. Bravo madam, doing fine.

Her voice is low, only makes me pay closer attention. She is doing a great job, I say bravo too.
Hi to seattlecq, ok if I call you that? I am envious of all your coffee choices, used to think of myself as a coffee snob ! Need coffee today, been up since 5:30, withering on the vine here. Geevee, thank you for being so nice to a newbie.

Her voice is low, only makes me pay closer attention. She is doing a great job, I say bravo too.
Hi to seattlecq, ok if I call you that? I am envious of all your coffee choices, used to think of myself as a coffee snob ! Need coffee today, been up since 5:30, withering on the vine here. Geevee, thank you for being so nice to a newbie.

Of course! I've been called worse LOL :floorlaugh: ---- some call me coffee bean :floorlaugh:

I am really enjoying this close. NO emotion from the prosecutor - because justice is about e-v-i-d-e-n-c-e.

I have only followed this trial a short while. Could anyone tell me if the defense put on any witnesses?

Why do people think the bracelet is the smoking gun?

Not the smoking gun, but gave them what they needed to finally charge his sorry azz. He tried to have it valuated years after her murder, after initially saying she had it on her when she left the house. Ooopsie.

Defendant said Nicole was wearing the bracelet when she went missing..turns up in his possession years later, when he tries to have it appraised.

Grammy, Defense had just a few, want to say 3 witness. I thought their case was flimsy.

Yes, the defense recalled the bank manager and called the doctor about her illnesses and taking medications. There may have been another recalled after the bank manager but I can't really remember who, if so.

It ought to be interesting to see how the defense spins their closing, I've heard the inferences of her falling off the wagon and all that but no clear premise on how they think she died if he didn't do it.

I don't suppose they sequeser the jury during deliberations, do they? It's my first WA trial (but we consume coffee daily!).

Defense counsel explaining why he is a lazy azz and didn't put on a case. "we haz no vurden oh prooofz,or burden to dizproofz" :facepalm:

At least it's not the young guy giving closing, he needs a little more courtroom experience before he appears convincing. The judge did like his moves at the copy machine. lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back