WA WA - Oakley Carlson, 5, missing during welfare check, Oakville, 10 Feb 2021 *mom guilty, identity theft*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am of the firm opinion that if the kids test positive for illegal/controlled substances (without the proper prescriptions) all parental rights should be revoked permanently. Being an addict is one thing, but exposing your children to that poison should be charged tantamount to attempted murder.

I agree! I just keep thinking about the Grandparents description of Oakley being pale with dark circles around her eyes and sores or scratches on her face. It's hard to imagine a parent purposely giving their child drugs and the thought makes me ill. There's a special place in hell for these two.

I am of the firm opinion that if the kids test positive for illegal/controlled substances (without the proper prescriptions) all parental rights should be revoked permanently. Being an addict is one thing, but exposing your children to that poison should be charged tantamount to attempted murder.
Meth in the 6 year olds hair follicles, denying meds for 15 Whole months. I just can't with trying to block motions to protect the children. All of them. The nerve. Grrrrrr. MOO

Meth in the 6 year olds hair follicles, denying meds for 15 Whole months. I just can't with trying to block motions to protect the children. All of them. The nerve. Grrrrrr. MOO
And that's just one of the children. And one is MIA!!! I'm thankful that this Judge seems like he's not going to take any crap from anyone. Where is Oakley??? :(

ETA: Everything about this is just plain wrong! They had these kids in safe places and sent them back to this. SENT THEM BACK!!!! I really would like to know how the 2 girls dependency cases were handled. Was it DCYF that pushed for reunification or was it the Judge or both?

And that's just one of the children. And one is MIA!!! I'm thankful that this Judge seems like he's not going to take any crap from anyone. Where is Oakley??? :(

ETA: Everything about this is just plain wrong! They had these kids in safe places and sent them back to this. SENT THEM BACK!!!! I really would like to know how the 2 girls dependency cases were handled. Was it DCYF that pushed for reunification or was it the Judge or both?
The Dr too. Where in H was the doctor for FIFTEEN WHOLE MONTHS????????????

The Dr too. Where in H was the doctor for FIFTEEN WHOLE MONTHS????????????
I don't think Doctors check up on every single patient who they prescribe meds to. I don't know, but I'm wondering if she was prescribed these meds while in foster care and they weren't continued after the 6 month temporary return home (or perhaps not even then). And if that's the case, it's possible that the Doctor is in a different county.

I agree! I just keep thinking about the Grandparents description of Oakley being pale with dark circles around her eyes and sores or scratches on her face. It's hard to imagine a parent purposely giving their child drugs and the thought makes me ill. There's a special place in hell for these two.

I don't think they were giving the meth to the kids. I think they were just smoking the meth like chimneys and poor children were marinading in the smoke, inhaling it unwillingly.

I don't think Doctors check up on every single patient who they prescribe meds to. I don't know, but I'm wondering if she was prescribed these meds while in foster care and they weren't continued after the 6 month temporary return home (or perhaps not even then). And if that's the case, it's possible that the Doctor is in a different county.
I'm not sure if the 6 year old was ever in foster care. Either way that's a huge red flag if a child is not getting their crucial meds,or regular check ups,and visits. Especially with a duo like this in charge. No doctor checked to see why she wasn't brought in after one,or even two missed visits. A child that needs crucial meds. Fifteen whole months. I just can't with that. MOO

I'm not sure if the 6 year old was ever in foster care. Either way that's a huge red flag if a child is not getting their crucial meds,or regular check ups,and visits. Especially with a duo like this in charge. No doctor checked to see why she wasn't brought in after one,or even two missed visits. A child that needs crucial meds. Fifteen whole months. I just can't with that. MOO

Oh I do agree with you!! But we don't know what really went on once the State closed the dependency case.

I can't imagine that she was not also placed into dependency when Oakley was.

Oh I do agree with you!! But we don't know what really went on once the State closed the dependency case.

I can't imagine that she was not also placed into dependency when Oakley was.
It's so messed up. I just don't get how a Judge, CPS or whatever fancy name they go by now, can just slam the door shut on the very charges they have a duty to protect. Then not ensure that they get the court ordered meds that their very life depends on. Then ignore all the calls, and alarms after the door was slammed shut,er case closed on them. All the bending over backwards for the DNA Donors. SMH.

It's so messed up. I just don't get how a Judge, CPS or whatever fancy name they go by now, can just slam the door shut on the very charges they have a duty to protect. Then not ensure that they get the court ordered meds that their very life depends on. Then ignore all the calls, and alarms after the door was slammed shut,er case closed on them. All the bending over backwards for the DNA Donors. SMH.

Yep that is how our lovely system works. Protect DNA Donors at all costs.

The Judge and CPS/DCYF are not one and the same. DCYF has to present the case to the Judge and the Judge decides what happens. Often times the Judge will go against DCYF recommendations.

Yep that is how our lovely system works. Protect DNA Donors at all costs.

The Judge and CPS/DCYF are not one and the same. DCYF has to present the case to the Judge and the Judge decides what happens. Often times the Judge will go against DCYF recommendations.
I get that in this case clearly the judge, dcyf, Dr. All did a spectacular job in failing these children. The judge for sending Oakley back, then DCYF for closing the case. DCYF again ignoring the calls regarding Oakley, and again not ensuring the six year old was getting the crucial meds. Not only that being given Meth. I just can't give any of them a pass. The DNA donors did not act alone in all this,they had accomplices all the way through. MOO

The life of so called "functioning addicts" is usually normal only on the surface. But addiction is what it is, it warps the addict's thinking and emotions, making the substance of choice the focal point and most important thing in their lives, Yes, more important than their own children. That's why an active addict is not someone who should be the parent. The families with addiction problem are always an unstable environment, not good for children and with high risk of neglect and abuse. Go to any Adult Children of Addicts meeting, you will hear an unending stream of horror stories about these seemingly normal families, where mommy, or daddy were addicted. Plus the booze and the drugs make people reckless, irritable and, well, dumb. That's why active addicts should not be doing any parenting. Someone after a solid rehab and sober? Sure, why not. Active addicts? No way. And, IMO it's all not about fairness. It's about children being safe and well in the first place.
I know people who have addiction issues but have never abused their kids. I also know A Lot of people who hang on the phone scrolling all day ignoring their kids which is abuse. Those people are equally addicted as someone else’s addiction. Imo

Update on current charges re: failure to administer medication to child D.E.C.

Daily World newspaper, Dec 25, 2021. Written by Matthew N Wells. Couldn’t find it online. This is a compilation of cell-phone images of the paper copy.

Attachments

• 981160BA-6A4D-43E9-A579-C970B337E97D.jpeg
    981160BA-6A4D-43E9-A579-C970B337E97D.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 56
Update on current charges re: failure to administer medication to child D.E.C.

Daily World newspaper, Dec 25, 2021. Written by Matthew N Wells. Couldn’t find it online. This is a compilation of cell-phone images of the paper copy.

Attachments

• D7874745-78F7-41CC-B240-AF40BC46DACC.jpeg
    D7874745-78F7-41CC-B240-AF40BC46DACC.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 39

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads