WA WA - Oakley Carlson, 5, missing during welfare check, Oakville, 10 Feb 2021 *mom guilty, identity theft*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The more we learn, the worse it gets ... how is this even possible ... so very, very sad. My heart breaks for this precious little girl and all who loved her ... but such gratitude that her siblings have been moved to safety... moo

Found this thread this morning. That poor girl.

Gosh, it blows my mind- Did I read that recent article right?- that all of this basically finally unfolded due to a sibling of Oakley's attending a birthday sleepover party and the host/mother (who is also the school principal?) innocently asking about Oakley?!

Can you imagine how long that night must have felt? Hearing/knowing that and still having to play the role of good bday party host for your child's sake with that knowledge?

I'm so glad Oakley's sibling said something. And I'm glad the principal/mother asked about her.

Last edited:
No one here is surprised by this latest news. Heartbroken, yes absolutely. Sweet little Oakley, you are in all of our hearts.

The car seat is a nonissue, IMO. These “parents” probably didn’t take their children anywhere. At least not more than one child at a time. I imagine they frequently left the 9 y/o to babysit. JMO

Why do these addicts want these children back? Is it because they get money from the state? You would think if they were under the influence they wouldn't want kids around mucking up their life style.
Anyone who has children taken off them and wanting their children back should have random weekly tests until that child becomes of age. If you are found positive
Then you lose your rights forever. MOO

Tweakers are the worst they destroy everything, especially the children.

Wow, guys.

First, I want to say that these 2 "parents" are likely horrible people who harmed their own child. I want to clarify that I am not standing up for these 2 particular people in any way, and I don't agree with children living in a home with parents who are addicted. I know first hand just how harmful that can be. Little Oakley has stolen my heart, she has the face of an angel, and I wish more than anything she'd come home safe.

Something that really bothers me, as a person with multiple close family members & friends who struggle with addiction, is the absolute viciousness of people who do not understand it. These two people do not deserve our sympathy. But people online are saying things about ALL addicted people, like, "Druggies should be spayed and neutered!", "If an addict gets their kids taken away they should have to sign off rights immediately!", and things like that... it shows a distinct lack of understanding for addiction, which is a massive issue in our society. That lack of understanding is a huge part of why addiction is an epidemic in America. These are the kinds of attitudes that people trying to hide their struggle with drug use will see and decide to let their problems remain a secret instead of getting help.

The public shaming, misunderstanding, hatefulness towards something that is proven to be a disease makes the disease even worse. Lumping all drug users into one category of "horrible" is both cruel and untrue, as well. I would also like to point out that, statistically/more than likely, there are parents surfing here on Websleuths who lost their kids to drug overdoses or the like, and they have to come across comments like this that dehumanize people like their kid. I can't imagine how much that would hurt.

The immense stigma and lack of general understanding often makes people feel too ashamed to get the help they need. The language used truly matters. My dad was so ashamed about the judgment he felt over his alcoholism. He felt like people stopped seeing him as him, and saw him only as his worst problems. This made his crippling social anxiety even worse, which made him drink even more.

My heart is broken, because he just died from liver failure in September. It killed me when I would hear the sorts of awful things people said about/to him, all because he could not stop drinking. And he had such a beautiful heart. Addiction does not discriminate by one's race, career, relationships, class, education, motherhood or fatherhood.

Good people get mixed up in drugs just as much as bad people do, I've seen it with my own two eyes. It's like we as a society forget entirely, or perhaps just do not realize, that drug use often stems from overwhelming trauma, childhood abuse, or mental illness issues. People being demonized for trying to numb pain that they can't cope with breaks my heart to see.

Love-and-compassion-are-necessities-not-luxuries.-Without-them-humanity-cannot-survive.-Dalai-Lama.jpg

Here are some good links to learn more about how people with addictions are people just the same and need our help and compassion, not our judgment
Again, I want to reiterate that this way of talking about addiction is harmful in general. I am NOT standing up for these two people; they have officially failed as parents and have caused their surviving kiddos a lifetime of pain. They deserve life in prison at the very least IMO.

Wow, guys.

First, I want to say that these 2 "parents" are likely horrible people who harmed their own child. I want to clarify that I am not standing up for these 2 particular people in any way, and I don't agree with children living in a home with parents who are addicted. I know first hand just how harmful that can be. Little Oakley has stolen my heart, she has the face of an angel, and I wish more than anything she'd come home safe.

Something that really bothers me, as a person with multiple close family members & friends who struggle with addiction, is the absolute viciousness of people who do not understand it. These two people do not deserve our sympathy. But people online are saying things about ALL addicted people, like, "Druggies should be spayed and neutered!", "If an addict gets their kids taken away they should have to sign off rights immediately!", and things like that... it shows a distinct lack of understanding for addiction, which is a massive issue in our society. That lack of understanding is a huge part of why addiction is an epidemic in America. These are the kinds of attitudes that people trying to hide their struggle with drug use will see and decide to let their problems remain a secret instead of getting help.

The public shaming, misunderstanding, hatefulness towards something that is proven to be a disease makes the disease even worse. Lumping all drug users into one category of "horrible" is both cruel and untrue, as well. I would also like to point out that, statistically/more than likely, there are parents surfing here on Websleuths who lost their kids to drug overdoses or the like, and they have to come across comments like this that dehumanize people like their kid. I can't imagine how much that would hurt.

The immense stigma and lack of general understanding often makes people feel too ashamed to get the help they need. The language used truly matters. My dad was so ashamed about the judgment he felt over his alcoholism. He felt like people stopped seeing him as him, and saw him only as his worst problems. This made his crippling social anxiety even worse, which made him drink even more.

My heart is broken, because he just died from liver failure in September. It killed me when I would hear the sorts of awful things people said about/to him, all because he could not stop drinking. And he had such a beautiful heart. Addiction does not discriminate by one's race, career, relationships, class, education, motherhood or fatherhood.

Good people get mixed up in drugs just as much as bad people do, I've seen it with my own two eyes. It's like we as a society forget entirely, or perhaps just do not realize, that drug use often stems from overwhelming trauma, childhood abuse, or mental illness issues. People being demonized for trying to numb pain that they can't cope with breaks my heart to see.

Love-and-compassion-are-necessities-not-luxuries.-Without-them-humanity-cannot-survive.-Dalai-Lama.jpg

Here are some good links to learn more about how people with addictions are people just the same and need our help and compassion, not our judgment
Again, I want to reiterate that this way of talking about addiction is harmful in general. I am NOT standing up for these two people; they have officially failed as parents and have caused their surviving kiddos a lifetime of pain. They deserve life in prison at the very least IMO.

Addiction is very sad. Addicts are not capable of being safe competent parents and this is why we need to rely on our child welfare systems to step in and protect these children. They are innocent and do not deserve to be in this type of life. The state had these kids in a safe loving home and CHOSE to return them knowing the risks involved. I blame the State for this. IMHO they killed Oakley and caused further harm to the other children. We need to stop allowing this to happen. Addiction is sad but I choose to be for the children. We need to protect the children and stop returning them unless there is a long history of recovery. And even then, we need to keep an eye on them because addicts can and often do return to addiction.

Last edited:
Human/sex trafficking is HUGE in our Country. I don't think it's talked about nearly enough. I don't know the statistics on how many young children are sold by caregivers into trafficking though. I think it's a possibility, especially when someone is caught up in drugs and the underground world. Addicts will do just about anything for drugs.
I Don't remember the statistics either. Jennifer Coffindaffer, Retire FBI of 28 yrs. She has tweeted the statistics & alot of information on child trafficking in the us. @coffindafferfbi (twitter)

Addiction is very sad. Addicts are not capable of being safe competent parents and this is why we need to rely on our child welfare systems to step in and protect these children. They are innocent and do not deserve to be in this type of life. The state had these kids in a safe loving home and CHOSE to return them knowing the risks involved. I blame the State for this. IMHO they killed Oakley and caused further harm to the other children. We need to stop allowing this to happen. Addiction is sad but I choose to be for the children. We need to protect the children and stop returning them unless there is a long history of recovery. And even then, we need to keep an eye on them because addicts can and often do return to addiction.
yep, that's why i clarified 2 times in my post that this situation is horrible and i feel no sympathy for this particular couple

If you don't want to read this entire post we are having a fundraiser for our volunteer mods. Please use this link to donate paypal.me/forthemods )

Words cannot adequately express how much the moderators mean to Websleuths and to me personally.

The amount of hard work they do behind the scenes would truly shock you.
The mods volunteer their time to make sure Websleuths standards are upheld so Websleuths remains the most respected discussion forum on the web.

It is time for our yearly fundraiser for the wonderful people known as the mods who donate so much of their lives to Websleuths.

Please know that you are under no obligation to make a donation.
We ask that only those who can truly afford to donate do so.

We offer one way to make donations and that is through PayPal. Here is the link. Even a dollar will make a difference.

Pay Websleuths.com using PayPal.Me
When the fundraiser is over (two weeks from now) SillyBilly and I will distribute the money to the mods.

If you would like to leave a comment of support for the mods please do so on this thread.

If I could yell this from the mountain tops to the world I would. From my heart and soul thank you so very much to the mods who make such a difference on Websleuths. Thank you very much.

Much Love,
Tricia

I'm afraid to ask what kind of shape the surviving kids are in if Oakley was treated so horribly. Did I see that there is a two year old as well? WTF is going on with WA CPS that they missed ALL of this over at least a fifteen month period?!?
I think it's high time to stop depending on CPS to investigate reports of child abuse and call LE directly. Seriously they were contacted in January, and November. Obviously they did Zero then because if they had LE would not have to ask for anyone that has seen her in the last year. Where the H was CPS when The DNA Donors were denying another child their meds?????? Where were they when the fire happened. I don't believe for one second the little Angel started it, or that they couldn't find their phones. Where was CPS all that time?????? Why did they ignore what was happening to these children????????

I think it's high time to stop depending on CPS to investigate reports of child abuse and call LE directly. Seriously they were contacted in January, and November. Obviously they did Zero then because if they had LE would not have to ask for anyone that has seen her in the last year. Where the H was CPS when The DNA Donors were denying another child their meds?????? Where were they when the fire happened. I don't believe for one second the little Angel started it, or that they couldn't find their phones. Where was CPS all that time?????? Why did they ignore what was happening to these children????????
I would be interested in knowing what the guidelines are for LE in this situation. What would they have done if they had been called? Is there a possibility that they were called and didn’t respond? Maybe they just said call CPS that’s their jurisdiction? There has to be a way to get these children attention faster and obviously going through the channels we have is not working. I don’t like to bash CPS, I don’t know what laws they have to follow. If the judge in this case said that Oakley had to be returned to her parents then wouldn’t their hands be tied to? This poor little girl was basically returned to hell and most likely no longer with us. JMO

Addiction is a gut wrenching, highly complicated issue that not many medical, professional or spiritual people know how to treat. I have the utmost empathy for anyone suffering from it. But Not all addicts (I believe the minority) are abusive parents and have their kids disappear. That moves into a whole other world of insanity and cruelty.

I will never understand why we often have to rely on CPS to investigate situations involving literal crimes against children.

I would be interested in knowing what the guidelines are for LE in this situation. What would they have done if they had been called? Is there a possibility that they were called and didn’t respond? Maybe they just said call CPS that’s their jurisdiction? There has to be a way to get these children attention faster and obviously going through the channels we have is not working. I don’t like to bash CPS, I don’t know what laws they have to follow. If the judge in this case said that Oakley had to be returned to her parents then wouldn’t their hands be tied to? This poor little girl was basically returned to hell and most likely no longer with us. JMO
Well clearly CPS was called in January,and November. Clearly they did nothing both times. Nothing. If they had done something LE would not have to ask for anyone that has seen this precious little human being in the last year. A judge's order does not mean CPS can ignore reports made after said order. Like the ones in January,and November. They still have the duty and obligation to do the one job they are tasked with. Protecting Children. If they had done the one job they are tasked with we would not be here with not just one child failed, but two so far. I get the feeling it will be all the children from the DNA Donors that have been failed. By this entity who had the ultimate power over the children's lives. In January,and again in November. It's high time to stop the nonsense. Time to state calling LE and filing police reports on cases of child abuse. Don't take no for an answer. Don't back down. See something, say something. MOO

Oakville community holds vigil for missing 5-year-old girl

Jamie Jo read Oakley’s favorite bedtime story at the vigil, "I've Loved You Since Forever" by Hoda Kotb.

"There are pictures of a mom and a baby on every page. We would read it, and we would say that’s me and that’s you, and so when you look through it there’s a baby bee and a mama bee and at the very end there was a lady holding a baby, and she always said that’s me and that’s you mama," said Jamie Jo.

About a hundred people showed up for the candlelight vigil. Some who are connected to Oakley through her birth parents, and others who have grown to know and love the girl through her previous foster parents.

Holly Harp - relative of Hiles

"My girls would play with her, and she would come over all the time, and we would do family functions. Lots of fun with Oakley," said Holly Harp, sister-in-law of Jamie Jo. "It’s hard as a human not to think the worst, but we have to have hope. We just have to have hope that she’s out there somewhere

Jordan must have done some of the work required to get Oakley back. Oakley knew who she was from supervised visits but she thought of Jaime Jo as mom. One can only imagine Jordan’s wrath toward Oakley might have been due to her missing her foster mom, the only real mom, that Oakley has ever known. They neglected to give their other daughter essential medicine but the siblings mentioned mom’s anger was directed towards Oakley.

Grays Harbor Scanner (ghscanner.com)
"An Update this evening in the disappearance and child welfare case involving a 5-year-old Oakville girl Oakley Carlson says that the parents Andrew Carlson and Jordan Bowers are currently being held on 150,000 bail for a case against them involving one of their other children a 6-year-old Sibling to Oakley.

Undersheriff Johansson says that detectives investigating the disappearance of Oakley Carlson discovered information that the parents Andrew Carlson and Jordan Bowers have not been providing medication prescribed to their six-year-old daughter as required by her doctor for approximately 15 months. The medication is necessary for her physical wellbeing and puts her at risk for physical impairment and could eventually result in death. "

It also states that the parents are now saying they saw Oakley last on Nov 30.

"The parents claim the last time they saw Oakley alive was November 30th. The parents have given no indication that Oakley is in the care of an adult and cannot account for her whereabouts or condition."
how does that come up? "we saw her 11/30 uh, but idk what happened after that"

If these morons are in the habit of denying their children medication that is necessary for their health and well-being, that points to one possible explanation for poor Oakley’s disappearance…perhaps she, like her sibling, needed a medication administered on a regular basis, didn’t get it because her parents were monsters, and died as a result? Just hypothesizing.
i wonder what the reasoning was... simple couldnt be bothered neglect, or anti pharma conspiracy theory?

Addiction is a gut wrenching, highly complicated issue that not many medical, professional or spiritual people know how to treat. I have the utmost empathy for anyone suffering from it. But Not all addicts (I believe the minority) are abusive parents and have their kids disappear. That moves into a whole other world of insanity and cruelty.
Addicted parents are not capable of properly parenting children. That doesn't mean they don't love their children. They have a sickness that creates a very unsafe situation for children. Sadly, the need for drugs will always supersede the needs of the children. When they are in altered state created by drug use, they cannot safely parent. They simply aren't capable. That's just the nature of the beast.

Search for Oakley Carlson continues in Grays Harbor County | king5.com

"Investigators have not found any evidence that Oakley was seen alive since Jan. 27, 2021, according to the sheriff's office. The parents claim the last time they saw Oakley alive was Nov. 30. Detectives believe Oakley's disappearance is "criminal in nature."

Law enforcement was first alerted to Oakley's disappearance after the principal of Oakville Elementary School, Jessica Swift, called the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office. Swift told officers she was concerned for the girl's safety after having a sibling of Oakley's over for a sleepover and a playdate, according to court documents.

Swift asked Oakley's sibling about the girl, who then became very upset, telling her "Oakley is no more," according to court documents."
omg. this is horrible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back