GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://wa-snohomishcounty.civicplus.com/Archive.aspx?ADID=4448

Here is an update that talks about search efforts.

I hope this works. I'm on my iPad so we'll see.

Thanks IlliniFan.

In the release mentioned there are lots of details/resources mentioned relating to the search for the bodies, but not much in the way of specifics about the search for the fugitives.

Detectives continue to work with local and federal law enforcement agencies to locate 53 year-old John Blaine Reed and his brother, 49 year-old Tony Clyde Reed who are wanted for the murder of Shunn and Patenaude. Both men are convicted felons and are believed to be armed and dangerous. Their current location remains unknown.

It had seemed to me from the beginning that someone was being framed, or conspired against, but I wasn't sure who, or even which way it went. Just that something was not as it seemed. And while I have no doubt they have the evidence, it still seems to me like part of the story is missing.

I hope they're not planning on a nasty standoff...

Eeeek! I hope not too! That's a terrible thought, but scarily possible. :eek:

Here we go, LE finally confirmed sightings
@KHQHayley: Moses Lake PD says credible information indicates Snohomish Co murder suspects ate a meal in the city Sunday night. @KHQLocalNews

@KHQHayley: Witness saw the brothers sometime between 1:00 and 4:00 PM at Moses Point. Again on Sunday. @KHQLocalNews

@komonews: UPDATE: Detectives have found a car in Arizona driven by John and Tony Reed, who are accused of killing an Arlington couple. #komonews

@ElisaHahnK5: Looks like Reed brothers could be fleeing to Mexico. Red Volkswagen found in Phoenix. Their next car spotted in Calexio, CA

Definitely running for Mexico! I'm sure the authorities have been notified. Pick them up!!!

They are going to get them. I only hope we don't lose any officers.

Detectives have located the vehicle driven by two men suspected of murdering a couple from Arlington. The red 2007 Volkswagen EOS Coupe was located yesterday near the 3700 block of W Caron St in Phoenix, Arizona. New information obtained through the investigation indicates that 53 year-old John Blaine Reed and his brother, 49 year-old Tony Clyde Reed, are now in possession of a 2002 Gold Acura 32T (Arizona plate BNN-9968). A plate reader hit on this license plate near Calexico, California yesterday. The exact location of the Reed brothers is unknown, but there is reason to believe they may be trying to flee to Mexico.

Sheriff’s Office detectives are working with the Phoenix Police Department homicide unit and US Marshals in locating the Reeds.

(Snohomish County Sheriff press release)

@JoannaKIRO7: Update from @SnoCoSheriff at 1PM on efforts to apprehend Reed's, working w/ US Marshals. @KIRO7Seattle [video=twitter;722484355864461312]https://twitter.com/clancykiro7/status/722484355864461312[/video]

Detectives have located the vehicle driven by two men suspected of murdering a couple from Arlington. The red 2007 Volkswagen EOS Coupe was located yesterday near the 3700 block of W Caron St in Phoenix, Arizona. New information obtained through the investigation indicates that 53 year-old John Blaine Reed and his brother, 49 year-old Tony Clyde Reed, are now in possession of a 2002 Gold Acura 32T (Arizona plate BNN-9968). A plate reader hit on this license plate near Calexico, California yesterday. The exact location of the Reed brothers is unknown, but there is reason to believe they may be trying to flee to Mexico.

Sheriff’s Office detectives are working with the Phoenix Police Department homicide unit and US Marshals in locating the Reeds.

Oh great now they are in my state CA. The criminals always head here except the ones already here.

I'm really curious why it took them so long to leave WA and head for Mexico. Who eats a meal at a restaurant in Moses Lake when they're on the run? It's almost like they're playing cat and mouse.

Oh yeah, right....I forgot it was part of the mudslide buyout deal. Thanks.

Regarding coming and going, I recall seeing mention of a neighbor having a key for a gate to the Shunn/Patenaude property that provided access to another property? (It wasn't clear to me whether it was the Reed property of the 'other neighbor' at the time I read it.)
It's actually
John Reed that has the key, he was grandfathered into all of it since the Reed property had been there the longest(inheritance or whatever)

One item that is a constant in their run is gas. All of the gas stations down there need to be on alert... including being alert for someone who comes in filling up portable gas cans to try to evade the car/license plate being on camera (guess where we learned about that trick?).

The property is on the edge of a major mudslide that happened two years ago and was purchased by the county so there wouldn't have been new owners to live in the home. I would assume it would be really easy for the Reeds (or anyone) to continue to come and go.

There's also a river nearby. If the bathtub evidence (dried blood) at the home means they were dismembered, they could easily have dropped the remains in the river. Much harder to find/notice remains in a river like that than a complete corpse.

I'm really curious why it took them so long to leave WA and head for Mexico. Who eats a meal at a restaurant in Moses Lake when they're on the run? It's almost like they're playing cat and mouse.

Either, this was not them, or they drove straight through (~20hrs Moses Lake to Phoenix). Which also assumes they stuck to highways. Very surprising highway patrol in one of the states didn't see them. The amount of time it would take LE to find their old car, get the info about the new car they are in, and then get a plate hit in Calexico, which is right on the Mexican border... that's a lot to happen from Sunday night to Monday night (the plate hit was Monday)

The last time I went to Mexico there was no border control to enter Mexico... I'm sure it has been upgraded since then, but it is possible they're already in Mexico. Historically fleeing felons have had a pretty easy time getting into Mexico.

This is why I'm now against the death penalty here in the U.S.. It makes extradition from places like Mexico (and other countries that don't have the death penalty on the table) so much harder. It's also why people like these two murdering cretins flee there. They're likely already there by now. Great.

One item that is a constant in their run is gas. All of the gas stations down there need to be on alert... including being alert for someone who comes in filling up portable gas cans to try to evade the car/license plate being on camera (guess where we learned about that trick?).

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that these guys had a stash of gas already on their property. Jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pattysplayhouse
Back