GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did he say if it was close to where the vehicles were found?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sorry, they did not specify where they were found or whether it was near the vehicles in the story I read.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no psychic, but I'll go out on a limb here and guess that Tony Reed is going to be as skinny as a rail and looking totally different than his published pictures when we see him in court tomorrow. Years ago, I would have been excited and hopeful that law enforcement was searching for the bodies and would find them soon. Did I say years ago ?

If Tony Reed won't open up and tell LE where and what they did with the bodies, then open up the entire area to the local citizens. The first person out walking their dog will literally trip over the bodies, or their chihuahua will march up prancing proudly while holding a severed hand in it's mouth. Some dude out riding his ATV will hit a bump on a well traveled trail, and realize he just ran over what appears to be a hand dug grave. This is the way it works.

The cops can't do this stuff. They're busy setting up banquet tables and tents, getting generators set up to run their communications systems, printing off maps, having meetings about how to schedule future meetings, putting up yellow warning tape, and warning citizens that if they cross the yellow tape they will be arrested. They set up grid maps and perimeters, bring in tracking dogs and cadaver dogs that run wildly through the hills and find nothing, while their handlers claim that they didn't pay 30K for this dog for no reason. (Really ??...............look who got scammed) Let's put some heat-seeking helicopters up in the air (at the rate of $500/hr,) so we can zoom in on every skunk, raccoon, fox, bear, elk, deer, and family pet within a 2 mile radius. Those helicopters never find jack-squat. Law enforcement has become a separate entity from the public........a business, per se'.............

We spend millions and millions of dollars each year to increase the ability of law enforcement to apprehend criminals, and yet the list of missing persons and unsolved murders grows larger, larger and larger every week on Websleuths. Go figure,,,,,,,,,,,,, looks like the taxpayers aren't getting their monies worth to me.

I'm no psychic, but I'll go out on a limb here and guess that Tony Reed is going to be as skinny as a rail and looking totally different than his published pictures when we see him in court tomorrow. Years ago, I would have been excited and hopeful that law enforcement was searching for the bodies and would find them soon. Did I say years ago ?

If Tony Reed won't open up and tell LE where and what they did with the bodies, then open up the entire area to the local citizens. The first person out walking their dog will literally trip over the bodies, or their chihuahua will march up prancing proudly while holding a severed hand in it's mouth. Some dude out riding his ATV will hit a bump on a well traveled trail, and realize he just ran over what appears to be a hand dug grave. This is the way it works.

The cops can't do this stuff. They're busy setting up banquet tables and tents, getting generators set up to run their communications systems, printing off maps, having meetings about how to schedule future meetings, putting up yellow warning tape, and warning citizens that if they cross the yellow tape they will be arrested. They set up grid maps and perimeters, bring in tracking dogs and cadaver dogs that run wildly through the hills and find nothing, while their handlers claim that they didn't pay 30K for this dog for no reason. (Really ??...............look who got scammed)

This has gone on long enough.................

A few factual things, and not commenting on this case specifically:

1. In WA searches (for human remains) like this are managed by law enforcement but largely consist of trained volunteer search and rescue responders.
2. The local/county police typically do not have cadaver dogs. SAR volunteers do, and they don't pay 30k for them. The FBI do have cadaver dogs, and their national K9 training program was developed by an experienced SAR volunteer (local to Seattle area)
3. I'm not aware of any news reports of areas that have been closed off to the public, though undoubtedly there is some private land in there
4. Previous news reports put the search area as 23 acres. How long long do you think it would take to search 23 rugged acres for small clues?
5. You're unlikely to hit a bump with an ATV that is a grave, they are typically shallow depressions formed as the body decomposes.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/tony-reeds-lawyer-glad-the-suspected-murderer-is-safe/290222372

Attorney James Kirkham told KIRO 7
he's "glad" Tony Reed "is safe."

Snohomish County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Craig Matheson expects Reed to be back in the northwest by the end of the week, but wouldn’t comment on whether Reed struck any kind of deal with prosecutors.

Are the family's assets still frozen? Just wondering how Tony can afford his own lawyer. Maybe he is a friend of the family and he is going to represent TR pro bono.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

^The attorney is based out of where his parents are. I'm familiar with the criminal defense attorneys in Snohomish County and I have never seen him practicing here. He'd be way, way better off with a public defender here IMO.

Ruh roh! Wasn't me! KIRO is broadcasting "Strange, mysterious people are requesting documents pertaining to the case" under pseudonyms and Jason Cummings Snohomish County Prosecutor is whining that it is taking away precious man hours. These requests were made a month ago...I'm looking for a link....

Ruh roh! Wasn't me! KIRO is broadcasting "Strange, mysterious people are requesting documents pertaining to the case" under pseudonyms and Jason Cummings Snohomish County Prosecutor is whining that it is taking away precious man hours. These requests were made a month ago...I'm looking for a link....

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/mysterious-request-for-records-in-arlington-murders-draws-suspicion/291385305

Prosecutors say the two people likely used pseudonyms to make their requests. One signed their name as Kelly and the other Kishi Tox. One of them claims to be someone close to the victims.

WA law leans very much towards protecting the investigation on public disclosure requests. Going to a judge like this is very unusual. Maybe they just object to the amount of time it takes to sift through things? Our detectives usually just say no, especially when there are still outstanding suspects, and there is a small group of staff at our sheriff's office who handle documenting everything for the response.

But it shouldn't matter who is asking - it could be the media, a friend of the suspects or victims. I really don't think Kiro should have reported who was requesting it, or even called it mysterious. It is allowed under state law, and the law also protects the investigation. There is nothing sinister here on either side.

It seems the prosecutors brought it to light to gripe about it, not KIRO trying to get a scoop. Just sayin...

Tony waived extradition today and will soon be heading back to WA. San Diego courts did not allow Tony's face to be shown http://q13fox.com/2016/05/18/tony-r...-court-will-be-extradited-back-to-washington/

attachment.php

Attachments

• tony-reed.jpeg
    tony-reed.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 414
WA law leans very much towards protecting the investigation on public disclosure requests. Going to a judge like this is very unusual. Maybe they just object to the amount of time it takes to sift through things? Our detectives usually just say no, especially when there are still outstanding suspects, and there is a small group of staff at our sheriff's office who handle documenting everything for the response.

But it shouldn't matter who is asking - it could be the media, a friend of the suspects or victims. I really don't think Kiro should have reported who was requesting it, or even called it mysterious. It is allowed under state law, and the law also protects the investigation. There is nothing sinister here on either side.

Maybe it's because the county has paid out so many public records lawsuits recently. It is odd. I am not even aware of a legal basis for this. I thought you could only get an injunction to stop fulfilling a request if the request came from an inmate.

Maybe it's because the county has paid out so many public records lawsuits recently. It is odd. I am not even aware of a legal basis for this. I thought you could only get an injunction to stop fulfilling a request if the request came from an inmate.

I am aware of other public records cases up there (on criminal cases) that have gone against what their prosecutor and police have asked for.

State law gives a LOT of latitude to the police during an investigation, I don't understand why they are having such an issue there, or even need to go to the court.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=42.56.240

"The following investigative, law enforcement, and crime victim information is exempt from public inspection and copying under this chapter:(1) Specific intelligence information and specific investigative records compiled by investigative, law enforcement, and penology agencies, and state agencies vested with the responsibility to discipline members of any profession, the nondisclosure of which is essential to effective law enforcement or for the protection of any person's right to privacy;"

In those, they are fulfilling the request by saying the documents are exempt. But here, it sounds like they're saying, we don't even want to respond and figure out what's exempt and what's not. On what basis?! You can do that (go to court and get an injunction) if it's a bunch of work and an inmate request I thought - but what basis is there to do so for a regular request? It seems like a very odd rant from the civil prosecutor IMO. All government entities deal with these requests. Its just part of business. For some reason, Snohomish County has a terrible time coping with them.

Not sure if he'll be back in WA this week. This shows he's got another court date in San Diego scheduled June 7th, 2016 @ 0830.

image.jpg

TR must be on the move as he's no longer listed with San Diego Jail nor in Snohomish County, yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back