GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So Ma and Pa Reed were booked for aiding and abetting old John, eh ? Boy, I'll bet momma Reed was cussing up a storm on both the way to the station house and back home again.

If they were arrested for funneling money to baby John in order for him to live well down in Mexico, then we all have to assume that he's probably still alive and hiding somewhere around a bunch of American tourists or in a predominantly white area of whichever city he's hiding in.

I'm not too familiar with the different ways you could send money to someone down in Mexico, but I assume they have a Western Union or something similar in order to send cash. I guess it would be possible to send it via Paypal as well, although you would have to have a bank account set up in order for that to work.

Of course, we also have the old fashioned way..........U.S. Mail. Do UPS and Fedex deliver to towns in Mexico ? Anybody know ?

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/tony-reed-pleads-guilty-to-helping-fugitive-brother-hide-bodies-of-arlington-couple/

Reed faces a standard sentence of 12 to 14 months when he is sentenced Aug. 29, defense attorney James Kirkham said.

Prosecutors plan to recommend a sentence at the high end of the range.

An acquaintance in Arizona gave them a gold Acura, a vehicle John Reed is believed to still be using, Ireton said. The acquaintance and another man are also suspected of giving the brothers $500.

Additional arrests of others for rendering criminal assistance are expected, Ireton said.

12 to 14 months.....are you joking ?............is everybody okay with that ???

There's something really wrong going on here. T. Reed is literally fast tracking his way through the system, and the people in charge are falling for it hook, line, and sinker. This almost has the feel of, "Let's hurry up and get this done before the truth really comes out." Him and his lawyer are pushing this through the system at breakneck speed.

Once the D.A. and LE settle on a plea, there won't be any turning back.

Be advised, if John turns up dead somewhere, this will be the only penalty imposed for taking the lives of two innocent people and burying their bodies up on a mountainside. I think the authorities are making a really big mistake here. Personally, I don't trust these so-called friends of his anymore than I would trust him. Why isn't he facing abuse of a corpse charges, aiding and abetting, unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, grand theft auto, conspiracy to conceal, trespassing, along with a whole host of other charges ?

I'll bet T. Reed sits in his prison cell for the next 12 months and gloats about how smart he is and how dumb LE is............and probably for a very good reason.

I'll predict right now that nobody is going to be happy about how this all ends..........except for T. Reed. If and when they find John alive, you can expect his version of Tony's involvement to be a lot more damning than Tony's version. They shouldn't make any deals with this psycho until they find his brother, but good luck trying to convince the authorities of that. I think we can all expect a news conference one of these days with LE and the D.A. trying to explain why they made such a sweetheart deal with TR and what a big mistake it turned out to be.

I don't think he has that great of a defense attorney. I think LE and the prosecutor's office vetted the information he provided and independent evidence verified his story. While the plea is done, the judge still has discretion in sentencing. He waived his allowable sentencing window so his sentencing was set out longer than usual. If anything crazy happens between now and then, I bet family/friends will be in there telling the sentencing judge. Plus, he is the one that led to recovery of bodies. If he killed his brother too, that's just a bonus. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he has that great of a defense attorney. I think LE and the prosecutor's office vetted the information he provided and independent evidence verified his story. While the plea is done, the judge still has discretion in sentencing. He waived his allowable sentencing window so his sentencing was set out longer than usual. If anything crazy happens between now and then, I bet family/friends will be in there telling the sentencing judge. Plus, he is the one that led to recovery of bodies. If he killed his brother too, that's just a bonus. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To bounce off your post and also answer Steelman, if I were the victims' families, I would make a deal in order to get their bodies back. TR has an alibi and has cooperated. I don't think anyone is trying to keep the truth from being revealed. This is pragmatism, not idealism IMO. Sometimes you have to make deals and do it quickly to get what you really want. And sometimes someone like TR gets a lesser sentence than we'd want in order to make this happen. I'm OK with it.

i wonder could this be the neighbor whose house that JR or TR hid they gun at? and this same neighbor who had a lawsuit with the couple?
I'd almost bet money on it...

Be advised, if John turns up dead somewhere, this will be the only penalty imposed for taking the lives of two innocent people and burying their bodies up on a mountainside. I think the authorities are making a really big mistake here. Personally, I don't trust these so-called friends of his anymore than I would trust him. Why isn't he facing abuse of a corpse charges, aiding and abetting, unlawful flight to avoid prosecution, grand theft auto, conspiracy to conceal, trespassing, along with a whole host of other charges ?

General comments:

Plea deals typical involve pleading guilty to a subset of potential charges.

As for moving a body or burying it, here's the state penalty, a gross misdemeanor:
http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=68.50.050

(this section is one we refer to a bit, because we are allowed to move human remains and deliver them to ME)

General comments:

Plea deals typical involve pleading guilty to a subset of potential charges.

As for moving a body or burying it, here's the state penalty, a gross misdemeanor:
http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=68.50.050

(this section is one we refer to a bit, because we are allowed to move human remains and deliver them to ME)

Not more than $1000 and/ or 364 days in jail!?!?!?!

That seems crazy lenient for said actions, unless the hope in general is getting info out of peripheral parties of crimes (just like this one) by setting crazy low maximum punishments for this...

Not more than $1000 and/ or 364 days in jail!?!?!?!

That seems crazy lenient for said actions, unless the hope in general is getting info out of peripheral parties of crimes (just like this one) by setting crazy low maximum punishments for this...

Another angle is that a body can also be evidence in a crime. I don't know what the charge for evidence tampering is.

My husband just texted me that they found him in Mexico! Am off to find a link.

ETA: I can't link on this crazy phone. Go to heraldnet.com for the Everett Herald's coverage.

elisa hahn (@ElisaHahnK5): https://twitter.com/ElisaHahnK5?s=09

Latest on arrest of John Reed & the uncanny timing of the aggravated first-degree murder charges filed against him. https://t.co/duvAWQxtmR

Arlington murder victim's brother reacts to John Reed's arrest on FB. "HELL YES." News comes on same day as funerals https://t.co/snrK2K7GaK

Prosecutor said he had no idea Reed was being taken into custody the same day he filed aggravated 1st degree murder charges.

Extradition laws would have made it difficult, if not impossible, to file charges seeking the death penalty AFTER extradition.

John Reed being held without bail. Had first court appearance this morning. No word yet on extradition to WA state.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back