GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Off Topic:

I love where I live: Colorado Springs, Colorado.

There were 2 incidences last year of multiple killings each, rampages! Plus other murders as well.

I am not scared or feeling uneasy living here.

Unfortunately, this can happen anywhere. It is sad that it happens at all…

I wish for you peace of mind and that you enjoy your life in Washington. :)

HUGS!!

I have always wondered about Colorado Springs after hearing Lt. Joe Kenda on Investigation Discovery say he has solved 400 homicides! Kinda kidding. But that sounds like a lot, even if over many years.

Meanwhile, I live in Washington myself, though closer to Seattle. I would not worry about the area around Concrete. Or Oso, for that matter.

I just can't believe the heinousness of this crime, the senselessness. I've calmed down since it first happened but boy does this bring it all back. Why why why? Innocent victims punished over an uncontrollable circumstance that the whole Reed family had brought upon themselves. No life isn't fair! sometimes a landslide wipes out your property. DEAL WITH IT! NOT BY MURDERING PEOPLE! ok sorry for the outburst.

http://www.king5.com/mb/news/crime/coroner-arlington-couple-shot-to-death/216282031

Reed had been known to brag he could hide a body in the hills behind his home where no one could find it. But according to the volunteers, the burial site his brother, Tony Reed, led searchers to this week was detectable to the trained eye.

"A season grid searcher walking by would have seen it," said Brady. "Trackers would have seen the footprints. Would have seen the obvious clues it was a burial site."

The volunteers say the location the bodies were found was in their planned grid, but had not yet been covered by any trackers or K-9.

All three of these volunteers believe the remains of Patrick Shunn and Monique Patenaude would have eventually been discovered.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I was just looking again at the pic of Reed property. In recalling I was born/raised in similar remote area. Never a concern interrupting neighbors as they were at least 300-400 yards away. Then I moved to suburbs. Nearest neighbor was then approx 75' away so considerations for neighbors had to be adjusted a little. Now live in a condo with shared walls w neighbors so even more adjustments made.
Sort of weird how Reed had to be confrontational with a neighbor living that far away. When I walk my dog I pass many other dogs. Reed had a neighbor like 1/2 mile away and still couldn't avoid a neighbor confrontation (I am guessing Reed's unleashed dogs visiting chickens created strife.
My thoughts today are it's a little weird neighbors with that much space couldn't adjust to their neighbors needs. John could have danced naked in back yard. He could have cultivated marijuana in his barn. He should have been able to live whatever life he chose w/o disrupting his neighbors or with his neighbors even knowing what John Reed's lifestyle was like. I guess John wasn't capable of making any adjustments w his new neighbors. I am guessing Pat and Monique were ecstatic they day they learned John Reed was selling his property to the state and moving away. Maybe John's personality would have better served him if he lived remotely in Alaska
Now, allow me to tell you about my neighbor's blender that makes a smoothie at 5:00 a.m each morning and wakes me..........
attachment.php

Attachments

• John Reed property.png
    John Reed property.png
    454.7 KB · Views: 222
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...sf/2016/05/missing_washington_couple_had.html

The Snohomish County Medical Examiner's office said Thursday that Monique Patenaude, 46, died of multiple gunshot wounds. Her husband, 45-year-old Patrick Shunn, died of a gunshot wound to the head.

John Reed had threatened to shoot the couple for cutting brush between their two properties in 2013, according to court documents.

Was Tony Reed present when this happened or was he called to help cover up?

I'm thinking bullets recovered will match the gun found in the neighbors garage.

Detectives spoke with the neighbor the couple is suing. He said he found a shotgun in his garage that didn't belong to him. He also said that Reed was familiar with the garage. The gun was loaded with shells similar to ones found in Reed's former bedroom, court papers said.

www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...atting-search-warrant-says&template=MobileArt

http://snohomishcountywa.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/4493

The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office has completedthe examination and identification of the two individuals who wererecovered from a grave off of North Brooks Creek Road near Osoon May 24, 2016. The cause of death for Monique M. Patenaude,46, of Arlington, WA, is multiple gunshot wounds. The cause ofdeath for Patrick M. Shunn, 45, of Arlington, WA, is a gunshotwound of the head. The manner of death for both is Homicide.

John Reed had threatened to shoot the couple for cutting brush between their two properties in 2013, according to court documents.

Was Tony Reed present when this happened or was he called to help cover up?

I'm thinking bullets recovered will match the gun found in the neighbors garage.

Detectives spoke with the neighbor the couple is suing. He said he found a shotgun in his garage that didn't belong to him. He also said that Reed was familiar with the garage. The gun was loaded with shells similar to ones found in Reed's former bedroom, court papers said.

www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20160418/NEWS01/160419071/Suspect-in-couple%27s-deaths-was-squatting-search-warrant-says&template=MobileArt

And did this neighbor encourage the Reeds' actions in some way? Does the lawsuit go away upon their confirmed deaths?

And did this neighbor encourage the Reeds' actions in some way? Does the lawsuit go away upon their confirmed deaths?
That's a good question. Didn't the neighbor cancel the court date after the couple was killed but before reported missing?

I was just looking again at the pic of Reed property. In recalling I was born/raised in similar remote area. Never a concern interrupting neighbors as they were at least 300-400 yards away. Then I moved to suburbs. Nearest neighbor was then approx 75' away so considerations for neighbors had to be adjusted a little. Now live in a condo with shared walls w neighbors so even more adjustments made.
Sort of weird how Reed had to be confrontational with a neighbor living that far away. When I walk my dog I pass many other dogs. Reed had a neighbor like 1/2 mile away and still couldn't avoid a neighbor confrontation (I am guessing Reed's unleashed dogs visiting chickens created strife.
My thoughts today are it's a little weird neighbors with that much space couldn't adjust to their neighbors needs. John could have danced naked in back yard. He could have cultivated marijuana in his barn. He should have been able to live whatever life he chose w/o disrupting his neighbors or with his neighbors even knowing what John Reed's lifestyle was like. I guess John wasn't capable of making any adjustments w his new neighbors. I am guessing Pat and Monique were ecstatic they day they learned John Reed was selling his property to the state and moving away. Maybe John's personality would have better served him if he lived remotely in Alaska

When I try to edit a post on my tablet it disappears and I have to redo it!

I wonder how the previous owners of the victims' property got on with Reed. I suspect he used his bullying tactics and everyone left him alone.

IMO the trigger for this crime may have been that Monique reported to the Sheriff that Reed was still using the property, although he had officially sold it to the county. Since the county had only bought it to prevent any future lawsuits in case of mudslides, they probably had little interest in ensuring he was off the property, and he may have intended to keep using it for a while. If he found out that her complaints were going to block access to 'his' place, that may have set off his apparently long simmering desire to kill someone.

It's quite common for newcomers to be resented if they appear to have more money, be citified and start to throw their weight around. I also think that, for a guy like John Reed, the fact that it was a woman who was making trouble for him would deeply enrage him.

Was really hoping they would have caught John Reed by now....

Am I the only one that has a feeling that John may no longer be alive? I have a feeling that the 2 people that are willing to kill a neighbor will not necessarily be kind to one another. Family feud ending in death?

Am I the only one that has a feeling that John may no longer be alive? I have a feeling that the 2 people that are willing to kill a neighbor will not necessarily be kind to one another. Family feud ending in death?

You're not the only one. When their own mother says she'd kill them before letting them go to prison...the family mentality is sick and evil IMO. One wonders if she called the shots, or at least made suggestions, from the time John was turned in for squatting until Tony turned himself in. Sorry, I have no illusions about this family. They are bad people.

You're not the only one. When their own mother says she'd kill them before letting them go to prison...the family mentality is sick and evil IMO. One wonders if she called the shots, or at least made suggestions, from the time John was turned in for squatting until Tony turned himself in. Sorry, I have no illusions about this family. They are bad people.
attachment.php

Attachments

• i was slowly killing myself.jpg
    i was slowly killing myself.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 309
I wonder if part of Tony's plea deal was to protect their parents from when they helped them.

I had a feeling that John may have ended up dead about the time Tony gave himself up. Tony was singing like a canary and was sooooo helpful to law enforcement. It doesn't fit. If he'd wanted to be Mr. Helper, he could have done all of that without fleeing to Mexico. I'm sure LE would have been plenty happy to sit down and let him point out where the bodies were buried without having to conduct a wild goose chase on both sides of the border. No, there's something very suspicious about him willingly giving up and offering to be such a chatterbox. I assume it's going to have something to do with him being pretty self-serving.

I suspect they are going to find John dead sooner or later, maybe from a gunshot wound or a slashed throat. He's probably lying out in the desert somewhere getting picked over by buzzards as I type this. Was Tony behind it or someone else ? We'll never know, most likely.

I also expect Tony and his attorney to try and pin every single bit of the planning, carrying out, and initial cover up of the murders on John. Tony will try and strike a plea deal where he'll only get time for helping his brother to cover up the crime after it had been committed. I'm pretty sure he'll try and portray himself as some sort of an unwilling participant in the whole mess.

I am going to go against the grain here and guess just the opposite. I believe John is currently within 20-50 miles of the murder scene. I believe w Tony surrendering, John thought maybe LE would lighten the search as LE now has located the dead bodies and maybe the search would grow cold as newer cases take priority. With Tony's surrender, he can put everything on John and say he just helped dispose of the bodies. I believe they went to Mexico, realized they had zero allies, knew they needed help, and the people that can help them live in WA. Tony can tell his parents, or whomever visits him in jail, where John is and how to help. I don't believe any incriminating facts will be spoken via tracking devices (cell phones, video recording at jail, etc.) I will be quietly spoken how to help John. If and when John is located locally, Tony can always claim "Hey, he must have sneaked back into town since I surrendered." I am guessing surveillance of parents and parents friends and/or Tony's jail visitors will lead to locating a local John.
Suppose Tony's parents visited him in jail last week. Tony could have written something like "my 2nd cousin's hunting cottage in ....." then swallowed the piece of paper. The parents find an accomplish to drive food/cash to the cabin and then parents make no more communication to the accomplice. Just felt like speculating this morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back