GUILTY Wa - Pat Shunn, 45, & Monique Patenaude, 46, Arlington, 11 April 2016 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why would those cell phones move 2 miles away and then come back to the crime scene? If the cars were dumped 15 miles away and the Reed's returned - with the cell phones - 3 hours later, that means they retrieved them from that 2-mile spot, doesn't it? Could the 2-mile spot have been a staging area for dumping the cars, but not the bodies? I am so confused as to why those phones stayed at the 2-mile location for 3 hours. Can someone help me come up with an idea that makes sense?
I think the phones were on their persons, that's a good indicator of something that was said before,they were "shot at the gate"--I think they were shot and loaded into the backs of their respective vehicles. No dismemberment, no torture. Its said the only things missing were their cel phones, her purse and a laptop,that would consistent to what they would have in their vehicle with them. Eh, I think the hillbilly birdbrains just emptied out their pockets right before ...ack! too sad...

At least one of the vehicles was hung up on the embankment, so it would have taken a while (3 hours, though?) to get the materials to leverage it over. I can't remember when they actually went to the hardware store.

I think Monique could have been forced back into her vehicle after she let out the dog, and Pat was probably ambushed at the gate. My hunch is that the phones were in pockets, or in the vehicles, and one of them received a call or text notification after they reached the vehicle dumping point. That clued them in to search both vehicles.

At least one of the vehicles was hung up on the embankment, so it would have taken a while (3 hours, though?) to get the materials to leverage it over. I can't remember when they actually went to the hardware store.

I think Monique could have been forced back into her vehicle after she let out the dog, and Pat was probably ambushed at the gate. My hunch is that the phones were in pockets, or in the vehicles, and one of them received a call or text notification after they reached the vehicle dumping point. That clued them in to search both vehicles.
BBM

I'm not addressing your post other than to use the part I've bolded to explain the possible timeline resulting in the kidnapping charge...If she was forced back into her vehicle, that's all that's needed to add a kidnapping charge. The fact that she let the dog out would be all the evidence required to support the charge. She was free and then restrained (abducted)=kidnapping. If she was killed immediately afterward, it would still have been kidnapping. The same scenario could have happened with Pat even if he never got out of his truck IMO. If he was restrained by threatening deadly force, that would constitute kidnapping, even if his murder occurred within a minute. JMO

Washington law:
(1) "Abduct" means to restrain a person by either (a) secreting or holding him or her in a place where he or she is not likely to be found, or (b) using or threatening to use deadly force.

9A.40.020
Kidnapping in the first degree.

(1) A person is guilty of kidnapping in the first degree if he or she intentionally abducts another person with intent:
(a) To hold him or her for ransom or reward, or as a shield or hostage; or
(b) To facilitate commission of any felony or flight thereafter; or
(c) To inflict bodily injury on him or her; or
(d) To inflict extreme mental distress on him, her, or a third person; or
(e) To interfere with the performance of any governmental function.
(2) Kidnapping in the first degree is a class A felony.
[ 2011 c 336 § 364; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.40.020.]

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9a.40&full=true

Has it been discussed how the Reeds or one Reed could have gotten back from N Brooks Rd? The video apparently shows the couple's vehicles being driven together, not one at a time accompanied by the truck.

Has it been discussed how the Reeds or one Reed could have gotten back from N Brooks Rd? The video apparently shows the couple's vehicles being driven together, not one at a time accompanied by the truck.

Might have driven out in two vehicles and left one there ahead of time, so it was waiting when they got there with the other cars.

RE the phone vs vehicle locations, when I look at Google maps, and the route from the end of Whitman to the end of N. Brooks Rd, it's possible the vehicle dump site is 15 miles driving distance, but only 2 miles as the crow flies. The route heads west to cross the bridge, then heads north-east

I don't see a link on the King 5 site yet, but Elisa Hahn reported tonight that John Reed attempted to cash a $96,000 check at a bank in Ellensburg last week. I missed the details, but it sounds like there is reason to believe they may have had $14,000 with them.

I don't see a link on the King 5 site yet, but Elisa Hahn reported tonight that John Reed attempted to cash a $96,000 check at a bank in Ellensburg last week. I missed the details, but it sounds like there is reason to believe they may have had $14,000 with them.

Wonder if they made it to Mexico with that amount.....

So wondering why would an acquaintance give them $500 if they had all of that money?

Will be interesting to see the news story.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;724781139097853953]https://twitter.com/ElisaHahnK5/status/724781139097853953[/video]

New search documents show John Reed tried to cash $96k check before fleeing. More tonight @10 & 11 @JLangelerKING5 https://t.co/MbzjA0f3ph

So wondering why would an acquaintance give them $500 if they had all of that money?

No honor amongst thieves and get while the gettin's good?

http://www.king5.com/news/local/warrant-arlington-murder-suspects-have-cash-likely-in-mexico/153375781

John Reed tried to cash a check in Ellensburg for $96-thousand...the money Snohomish County paid for his land. He got cashier checks instead and his father was along for the ride. One day later, the brothers were gone.

Father Clyde told detectives "he wouldn't turn his boy(s) in".

Tony Reed's ex-wife told police he hinted he'd killed people before, and even dug a grave to encourage someone not to testify against him.

An inmate at the Snohomish County Jail said John Reed claimed he would "take (Shunn and Patenaude) out of the equation" and "they would never be found'".

Already knew this man was a monster but WOW.

ETA: Meant to say "these men". Still waking up!

Not sure WhisperWorm. Would the warrants be public info?

Looks like they might not of made it with all that money.

http://q13fox.com/2016/04/25/detect...used-killer-john-reed-before-he-brother-fled/
Investigators found John Reed's then-worthless cashier's checks at his parents' home when they searched it last Wednesday. The money was from the forced sale of his property to Snohomish County after the Oso mudslide.

So did these two make it to Mexico and how much money did they have? Could be still in the US hiding out at a fellow bird of a feathers place until they get more money. Can't their father be arrested for helping them?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flapperst