WA WA - Patti Krieger, 65, Sauk Mountain, 2 Oct 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don did a nice interview today with Patty's son, Alan. I was nearly in tears listening to him. He is sure she has died on the mountain and that searching now is for recovery. I believe he has hired a helicopter, but bad weather and snow is keeping it from going up http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=110 He also mentioned a theory he has regarding what happened to his mother, but could not reveal it because LE has told him not to.

Latest on the Patty Krieger saga...police have turned over the dog to Patty's boyfriend, since his name is on the dog's paperwork. We had hoped that her son, Alan, would get the dog and be able to take him back up the mountain. Interesting development don't you think??? This was reported on Ron & Don's program at mynorthwest.com

Almost forgot to add, Alan has raised enough money to hire a helicopter to take him up the mountain. Good weather expected for the next couple days.

I've been listening to Ron & Don's show on Kiro radio. The son told them that it seems to him that the police do not regard this as a probable crime. A few days ago they were talking about taking the dog back to the mountain in the hopes he'd lead them to Patty. Now they have turned to dog over to her boyfriend. (IMO, they have probably decided that the weather is too bad to allow for a search, and/or the expense is not justified.) The son told a story I hadn't heard before that awhile back he had been searching the mountain and climbed a tree. While he was in the tree he was pretty sure he heard the dog barking. This was when the police were still maintaining that Patty was probably not on the mountain. The son said that after he heard the dog, he was going to organize a search starting at the location of the tree ... but the weather was too bad for the search.

I admire the son for staying right on the case and all he is doing to find his mother. I hope they are able to find her soon and determine just what happened to her.

I don't know what to think about the boyfriend. If it had just been him and Patty on the mountain, I'd be very suspicious. But there were other people with them, and I can't see them all being involved in a crime and then successfully covering it up. It sounds to me as though they are primarily cavalier people, to have watched her walk off and just shrug like "oh well, there she goes." They said they called to her that she was going the wrong way ... but she wouldn't return to the group. If that had been my circle of friends and one of us did that, then one of the other friends would have gone with the wandering person. My circle would not let someone just wander off alone in that kind of terrain.

On Ron & Don, they said Patty and the group were supposed to scatter ashes; and the upset concerned Patty not being able to let go of the ashes ... not wanting to scatter them. I hadn't heard that before.

May Patty's son be guided to her and be enabled to learn that which he deserves to know.

According to a blurb I head on KIRO radio this morning, Patty's case will be discussed on Ron & Don's show again today, and it sounds as though they are trying to get LE on the air.

Ron & Don cover local cases with a lot of heart and dedication--but listening to their show can be irritating. They don't usually tip the listener which segment, within a 4 hour broadcast, will contain the feature of interest--and of course, it's technically entertainment --so, there's a lot of joshing around and monkey business in a typical show. They are very respectful toward victims and families, and do seem to make an effort to be serious while covering the crime--but the time surrounding the part that includes your feature can be trying! Still, for anyone who's interested in this case and can tune in to KIRO 710 FM, they do sometimes bring out facts and angles that are not covered in other media.

Information about the Ron & Don show is available at

http://www.mynorthwest.com/

May Patty's son be guided to her and be enabled to learn that which he deserves to know.

Respectfully snipped...

DreamyEyes:
I just had to repost this.

Ron & Don are really plugging their interview this afternoon, I hope it's on during the first hour, too. I pray that Patty will be found.

Missing woman's son launches recovery mission on Sauk Mountain

The son of a Mount Vernon woman who went missing on Sauk Mountain last month is setting out on another search. This time Alan Patterson says that he knows it is a recovery mission, but he just wants to bring his mom home.

[snip]

Patterson, along with four others, have hired a helicopter to take them back into the area two-and-a-half miles east of Sauk Lake.

[snip]

Patterson says donations from friends and his mom's co-workers are making the recovery mission possible.

More: http://www.king5.com/news/local/Mis...overy-Mission-on-Sauk-Mountain-106687789.html

Man returns to mountain in quest to find missing mom

A local man's mission to find his missing mother got a boost Thursday from supporters who donated enough money to fund a helicopter lift to the area where she disappeared.

[snip]

And on Thursday, her son Alan Patterson made his fourth trip up the mountain to look for her. He knows the terrain is rough, at some parts scary - but he's determined to find his mother.

He and four others started off early, meeting at Darrington Municipal Airport in Snohomish County before dawn.

"My mom deserves to be remembered. She deserves every bit of effort put into this and everybody's support," Patterson says.

[snip]

After the helicopter drops off Patterson, his uncle and three friends at Sauk Mountain, they'll have about six or seven hours to search before they come back.

The men could have hiked to Sauk Mountain - but it would've taken three hours on foot. Patterson was able to take the helicopter ride out there because of a flood of donations on Facebook.

More: http://www.katu.com/news/local/106702898.html

This may be the last good weather day. Clouds are moving in here today. So glad her son was able to get the helicopter, mountain searching presents so many challenges. Hiking in and hiking out can consume enormous amounts of time and energy, as is the case on Sauk mountain. Snow will start falling in the mountains this month, making searching difficult, if not impossible until late spring.

I caught parts of the Ron & Don coverage but was interrupted when a neighbor came to the door. It sounds like they were not successful getting LE to come on the air! They did talk about the son taking the search to Sauk Mountain via helicopter.

A catch in my throat: they retold the story of how the son had climbed a tree and thought he heard the dog--but this time they said he thought he might possibly have heard his mother as well.

Just before the neighbor showed up, they said a search party had taken cadaver dogs to the mountain--it sounded like this was done yesterday. This search had turned up nothing either.

So sad all the way around. Still hoping for a break soon.

They couldn't get LE to go? That's ridiculous. Patty has been gone only a month. Her son should not have to pay for all of these searches on his own. LE should still be out there helping.

There are some great pictures of the terrain being searched by her son on the Find Patty Krieger FB page. They will give you an idea of what the area is like. Also there is some snow on the ground by Sauk Lake.

I'm really impressed with her son. He seems to be very loving and devoted to Patty and I'm glad to see that for her sake.

According to the Facebook page for Patty (http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Find-Patty-Krieger/153897757983025), they have reason to believe someone knows where she is but won't come forward because they are afraid of getting in trouble.

So...just wanted to throw this out there on Websleuths too. If anyone knows anything, there's a tip email address: PattyTips@hotmail.com or contact the Skagit County Sheriff’s Office’s tip line: 419-7785

Do it for Patty. And her son.

Viewing those photos of the search on facebook really show what an overwhelming task it is...the area is so vast and she could be anywhere out there. This is just awful.

Patty and family: There are many people out here that are concerned about your situation.

I will not sleep well tonight. I just want Patty found for the people that truly love her.

“Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”

~ Ryunosuke

Do we know how the dog is doing and if it will be able to help search for Patty?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back