Deceased/Not Found WA - Rachael Anderson, 40, Clarkston, 16 April 2010 - #5 *C. Capone guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really like the blogging- the minute by minute that Elizabeth Rudd is doing.

Indeed, she rocks. Only thing better would be live stream, but the blog is great for anybody who can't watch live during court.

Where went the handful of people that used to follow this case so closely? And why did KXLY drop the ball on reporting? They used to do the most in depth reports and I think were first to drop Stone's name. Heck, they didn't even ask the court for permission to shoot photos/video. Only KREM, KHQ and KLEW.

Agreed, she's doing an excellent job of blogging, you don't feel like you're missing a minute.

Agreed, she's doing an excellent job of blogging, you don't feel like you're missing a minute.

Well it was nice while it lasted. Don't even get me started on "subscription" online news that sucks in advertising dollars.

Back to twitter cliff notes only unless KLEW, KREM or KHQ want to take up a play-by-play that's not just tweets. KLEW is still a day behind on all of this, so I don't hold out a lot of hope they will step up coverage. Really hoped the couple local Websleuthers would jump back in and share insights.

Kerri Sandaine ‏@newsfromkerri 3h
Here's the latest on the #CaponeTrial for Trib subscribers: http://bit.ly/1unBEPk #RachaelAnderson No live blog again until Stone on stand.

Video from yesterday with a little bit of "Mr B" on the stand. Wish there were audio to go with the very animated session. Itching to know what that was about!

http://www.krem.com/news/Moscow-murder-trial-Friends-of-Charles-Capone-testify--273861721.html

Meanwhile, Hally on the stand. Should be some good stuff.

Are they live blogging for subscribers? Or no blogs period until Stone testifies? It annoys me that they stopped the live blogging! I understand it's somewhat monotonous and will be more interesting and sensational when Stone testifies, but it ALL matters to all of us that are unable to be there, but CLOSELY following the trial.

Are they live blogging for subscribers? Or no blogs period until Stone testifies? It annoys me that they stopped the live blogging! I understand it's somewhat monotonous and will be more interesting and sensational when Stone testifies, but it ALL matters to all of us that are unable to be there, but CLOSELY following the trial.

Try here….somewhere in the tweets there is link for subscribers. Meanwhile, for the rest of us poor sods it is tweets and wait for the 5 o'clock news.

I know we had one person living in Moscow who I'd be shocked if they are not actually at the trial. Are you getting anything at all from family? How are they holding up?

ETA new tweet of interest. TWO phones found in the Yukon.

Hayley Guenthner ‏@KREM2Hayley 15m
Two cell phones were found in the Yukon Rachel Anderson was last seen driving. #CaponeTrial

https://twitter.com/hashtag/CaponeTrial?src=hash

Sorry if my frustration with the media spills over, as I guess we should be grateful that they bother with little ol' Moscow to cover this at all.

Still a day late and a buck short at KLEW, in need of a serious proofreading (not that I care if they spell HIS name wrong) but more video of the very animated Mr B's testimony and a little from her friend JN.

I have to wonder if Mr B is proficient in sign language? Bless his soul for catching onto CC as quickly as he did. Unfortunately too late for Rachael, but his involvement with CC and willingness to speak up after the fact may be pivotal to getting justice.

http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/Ca...-of-murder-trial-273990851.html?tab=video&c=y

Awaiting the 6pm news as I doubt the Spokane stations will be able to make 5pm with any meaningful reporting on court today.

<I am having a really hard time connecting>

Sorry. I keep typing long post after long post and it rolls into nothing. Frustrating.

I just wanted to remark about the KLEW vid. Wow, Bogden damns Capone!

<I am having a really hard time connecting>

Sorry. I keep typing long post after long post and it rolls into nothing. Frustrating.

I just wanted to remark about the KLEW vid. Wow, Bogden damns Capone!

Methinks you mean "Carpone"! :gaah:

Itching for some video of LE testimony to get posted, but love that Mr B apparently held nothing back. Not sure I care for his characterization of Rachael being falling down drunk, but remembering that was CAPONE's B.S. being fed to him. With manipulative liars like that, sometimes the sensible person's filter fails to get what is real and what is not.

KLEW has a vid up that shows LE testifying, but no actual voices, just the reporter.

I did grab the screenshots to add to the Case Archive. It is updated now, with what little there was today.

The live blog had been viewable to non-subscribers (I could read the first two days in progress and not a subscriber), sure wish they wouldn't yank it until Stone gets on the stand, I'd like to read everything LE has to say.

Another day tearing hair out with not much more than teaser and filler tweets.

So, any ideas what Rachael's divorce attorney might have said? On the stand, off the stand. How about the results of presumptive test for blood? Yes, we got from yesterday there was blood on the paper, but bears repeating for those who don't have time to follow along.

Trib doesn't have enough warm bodies to blog again until Monday, but enough to send to their subscription-only stories. And tweet.

Zippo from KHQ last night. I caught KREM's 11pm news and the main points were about the Yukon when found. Seat too far back and seatbelt adjusted much too high for a 5' 4" woman. Showed the paper with blood on it. No video of the detectives.

http://www.krem.com/news/Detectives-testify-in-the-Charles-Capone-Trial-274046671.html

Would post a screen shot I got of the back seat of Yukon when found, but the attachment button is not working today. Don't think there is anything to what is in the back (evidentiary wise), just curious if anybody else sees what looks like maybe a child seat.

Now we get to some meat and potatoes of this case. Solid forensics.

KLEWNews &#8207;@KLEWNews 17m
Guess discovered more than one persons DNA was present on the glove tip found in the vehicle Anderson was last seen driving. #CaponeTrial

KLEWNews &#8207;@KLEWNews 15m
Guess says Anderson and Capone's DNA was found on the glove tip. #CaponeTrial

and the one that really makes you go HUH? Since when did Capone cough up any info??? I thought it was Stone who told them how they disposed of Rachael's body? When was this video done? Way back in 2010????

KLEWNews &#8207;@KLEWNews 12m
Mooney says he recorded a video of Capone explaining how he and David Stone disposed of Anderson's body. #CaponeTrial

Anyoldtime48, I think they meant video of Stone explaining. Capone never coughed up any info. I am seriously doubtful about the whole "Jackie Nichols looked like Rachael thing". I saw the pics of Jackie and I've seen her on news videos and other than dark hair and olive skin, she doesn't look like Rachael. She has blue eyes and Rach had brown and there are other things. There may be a vague resemblance, but I just think that part is really weird and sounds fishy. And what does it have to do with anything? My fear is they will throw everything and the kitchen sink in and they will overwhelm the jury when there are more significant things to put out there. Did they say who else's DNA was on the glove tip? Or who the second phone belonged to? Was it another phone she was using because of the stalking?

I'm glad the B's are rolling on Capone - I didn't see the description of her falling down drunk though. I also find that hard to believe. Having known her as long as I did and drinking plenty of times, I never saw her "falling down drunk." Not that it's even relevant to the case either. Obviously a big part hinges on Stone, but I feel like they need to tighten it up and focus only on relevant information. It is SO hard not to be able to watch it live. I wish they had a live stream.

Anyoldtime48, I think they meant video of Stone explaining. Capone never coughed up any info. I am seriously doubtful about the whole "Jackie Nichols looked like Rachael thing". I saw the pics of Jackie and I've seen her on news videos and other than dark hair and olive skin, she doesn't look like Rachael. She has blue eyes and Rach had brown and there are other things. There may be a vague resemblance, but I just think that part is really weird and sounds fishy. And what does it have to do with anything? My fear is they will throw everything and the kitchen sink in and they will overwhelm the jury when there are more significant things to put out there. Did they say who else's DNA was on the glove tip? Or who the second phone belonged to? Was it another phone she was using because of the stalking?

I'm glad the B's are rolling on Capone - I didn't see the description of her falling down drunk though. I also find that hard to believe. Having known her as long as I did and drinking plenty of times, I never saw her "falling down drunk." Not that it's even relevant to the case either. Obviously a big part hinges on Stone, but I feel like they need to tighten it up and focus only on relevant information. It is SO hard not to be able to watch it live. I wish they had a live stream.

Where did the deal with Jackie come from? I don't recall any mentions of defense using that detective looked like Rachael&#8230;and yeah, WTH would that have to do with anything anyway?

The glove tip had both their DNA on it (see post above with the copied tweet), but then of course they also tweeted that Capone was recorded telling how he and Stone got rid of the body. If that is a tweet mistake, it is a HUGE one.

No they just stated two phones and there was zero follow up to that. Only mentioned in the tweets.

Mr B stated this is part of his testimony yesterday (BBM) from KLEW's story, but I believe that is only what Capone told him:

He slept in his shop until Robert and Carol Bogden took him in. In the days before April 16th 2010, Bogden said Capone's behavior worried him.

"Going to Lewiston at night time and watching what she does at her house," said Bogden. "And watching her come home and seeing that she's stumbling, that she's drunk, that she's alone &#8230; it was unhealthy, he needed to stop, nothing good was gonna happen from that."

http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/Carpones-friend-testifys-on-two-two-of-murder-trial-273990851.html

Indeed, a live feed would be awesome. I just can't fathom any of the local media going to that expense. No clicks on stories, no comments, no value to them. KXLY sadly walked away from this story entirely and they used to have some of the best coverage.

Disappointing and very frustrating!

Capone was crying when Jackie came in the shop because she looked like Rachael? No clue on relevance there. I just realized my tweets were set to "top tweets" instead of "all." Now I see where he says he has Capone saying what they did with the body. Was that when he said "I'll take you to her body if you let me out of jail" or something?

I see what you're saying about B - so he got the info from Capone. Load of B.S.

Incidently, I work for an attorney - so I can't help but also look at it from a legal view point as well. If they don't have a body, they need to have an airtight circumstantial case and just throwing everything out there does not work. As far as the family, I think they are holding up as well as can be expected. They are glad there will be some resolution after 4 years, but it's bittersweet of course. If they are testifying, they can't be inside during the hearing - so they get news of some things the way everyone else does unfortunately.

The tweets are worthless as far as I'm concerned. I don't understand where the media went on this either. It really bothers me. At least bring back live blogging!!!

Capone was crying when Jackie came in the shop because she looked like Rachael? No clue on relevance there. I just realized my tweets were set to "top tweets" instead of "all." Now I see where he says he has Capone saying what they did with the body. Was that when he said "I'll take you to her body if you let me out of jail" or something?

I see what you're saying about B - so he got the info from Capone. Load of B.S.

Incidently, I work for an attorney - so I can't help but also look at it from a legal view point as well. If they don't have a body, they need to have an airtight circumstantial case and just throwing everything out there does not work. As far as the family, I think they are holding up as well as can be expected. They are glad there will be some resolution after 4 years, but it's bittersweet of course. If they are testifying, they can't be inside during the hearing - so they get news of some things the way everyone else does unfortunately.

The tweets are worthless as far as I'm concerned. I don't understand where the media went on this either. It really bothers me. At least bring back live blogging!!!

I forgot that since they are on witness list, they can only be in the courtroom when testifying.

Started with lots of hearsay to back up Rachael's state of mind (extremely fearful and being stalked) and unfortunately, with no body, it comes down to mostly circumstantial, but both their DNA on glove tip is a start, and I'm hopeful they have a fair amount of electronic forensics. Thanks to too many TV crime shows, we have seen that juries seem to expect everything tied up with a neat little bow with plenty of hardcore DNA evidence and video of the crime in progress I guess.

Praying they have a jury with common sense to apply to what they have heard and are entirely comfortable that the trail leads to one, and only one person who is responsible for Rachael no longer being here, and that she is indeed deceased.

Hope it doesn't merely hinge on how believable Stone is.

Trib has promised to live blog again when he gets on the stand next week. They just don't seem to have enough personnel to record whatever they can in court, throw down an occasional tweet, give us a short story with maybe 2 mins of video AND also live blog. Heck, even half as much info in blog would be very welcomed by those of us who can't be there.

Only relevance of Capone crying is he's a sociopath who long ago learned how to mimic real human emotions and turned on waterworks when somebody asked him how he was doing. Blah blah blah like somebody really cares. Detective just trying to be sympathetic enough to get the jerk to open up and talk (good cop, and gosh, one who "cares"). His reaction was just bogus and I'm sticking to that opinion!

Prosecution is what it is. Can't speak to how good that team is, but small county and young. My hope is there is a real barracuda under there. Or is Capone going to insist on taking the stand, and turn on the waterworks every time she stands up and asks a question all nice nice? Ugh.

KLEW has a vid up that shows LE testifying, but no actual voices, just the reporter.

I did grab the screenshots to add to the Case Archive. It is updated now, with what little there was today.

KREM added video today to their story of Day 3 (from last night), however the video has nothing to do with the detectives testifying. Appears to be all about Day 1 and Day 2. I would think they could at least put up video from last nights newscast, as it goes along with the story of how the Yukon was found.

http://www.krem.com/news/Detectives-testify-in-the-Charles-Capone-Trial-274046671.html

News from trial today, which is mostly the former cellmates ratting on Capone.

Note that KLEW got a KLUE and figured out it was Stone that was recorded stating he helped Capone dispose of her body, which is old news.

Detective Mike Mooney told the jury about a video he recorded as part of the investigation.

"David Stone was describing how he and Charles Capone disposed of Rachael Anderson's body and took us to the location of where they did that," said Mooney.

http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/Charles-Capone-4th-day-274165281.html

KHQ didn't bother at all with Day 3, and their video with this is still Day 1, but if they did not also get Stone and Capone mixed up, it would appear that Capone testifies next Tuesday. I'm quite sure that should be Stone, unless Capone is appearing as a witness for the prosecution. Ho hum.

Sorry if I am breaking the rules and posting more than 10% of the story, but when they only write 2 sentences…and one of them is more than likely wrong...unless the prosecution plans to wrap up on Monday and the defense start on Tuesday. I would sure hope they have more than what little we know they've tossed out there already. Not convinced it's enough to stick to the wall.

Capone will be testifying during his trial, and it appears that will happen on Tuesday.

http://www.khq.com/story/26428395/capone-murder-trial-continues

KREM knocked out 7 sentences and posted new video.

Another inmate told the jury that Capone described how he would kill someone so there would not be a lot of blood.

http://www.krem.com/news/Former-cellmates-testify-against-Charles-Capone-274173471.html

KLEW wins the day for most coverage. Can't speak for what the Trib may have reported since they require you to pay to read news.

Done with my media bashing for the day!!

Y'all have a wonderful weekend and we can pray for the return of the awesome blog on Monday. Or Tuesday, depending on when Stone hits the stand. TBD.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back