WA WA - Richard 'Cody' Haynes, 11, Kittitas, 12 Sept 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am new here so forgive me if I do something wrong. I just learned of this case last night. How can the father "not allow himself to be interviewed?" The only reason the father would have for not wanting to be interviewed, not searching for his child, and driving 250 miles at 2:30 am for car parts would be guilt. If my child came up missing I would be aggravating the police to death wanting to discuss it. Can't they hold him for suspicion until he decides to talk? :jail:

I am new here so forgive me if I do something wrong. I just learned of this case last night. How can the father "not allow himself to be interviewed?" The only reason the father would have for not wanting to be interviewed, not searching for his child, and driving 250 miles at 2:30 am for car parts would be guilt. If my child came up missing I would be aggravating the police to death wanting to discuss it. Can't they hold him for suspicion until he decides to talk? :jail:

Welcome Justice4them!!! Love your name - it's perfect! Thank you so much for your "newbie" interest in Cody's case - I'm a newbie as well! There is just something about Cody's face and the circumstances that has set me on a mission but I'm not quite sure how to proceed. Of course I'm on the east coast which is a bit of a deterrent but nonetheless here I am!

It definitely sounds like the father's story is questionable at best, it appears, in my opinion, that something definitely went awry with the investigation. I don't know whether it's the good ol' boy network, lousy investigating (taking the word of the father and girlfriend (now wife), or just a law man who wanted to solve this on his own with no outside help and it was bigger than he thought it was. Of course, for whatever the reason, it's time to move on and find Cody! It's been far too long.

Any, and all help, ideas, suggestions, that you or anyone else could offer would be amazing! Once again, welcome!!!!! So glad to have you here!!!

My heart breaks for Cody. I've followed his case since he went "Missing". I've never met him but I live in the area and used to TNR feral cats behind where he lived. Such a cute little boy. So frustrating. Everyone I've talk to over the years believes that his father killed him. I do too.

It's July 2013, this child went missing 9 years ago and this is the first time I've heard of him. Meanwhile Madeleine McCann is making international news once again. I find it sad that some kids get a lot of press and others don't.

Bumpin' for Cody! PLEASE other WSers who are experienced - please take a look at Cody's case!!!

Taking a look now... and sadly also the first I've heard of this case. :(

Mahouston69 - thank you so much for coming over to Cody's thread! It is so very much appreciated!! I hope you have a chance to dig in and see if something jumps out at you, as you seem to have a very keen eye as you have mentioned quite a few things on Lauren's thread that I had never thought of before. Again, thank you!

Mahouston69 - thank you so much for coming over to Cody's thread! It is so very much appreciated!! I hope you have a chance to dig in and see if something jumps out at you, as you seem to have a very keen eye as you have mentioned quite a few things on Lauren's thread that I had never thought of before. Again, thank you!

Did a lot of reading last night..and glad to be here. We have to find these kids. One concern I have is King County had some huge wild land fires around that time. I remember because my husbands Air Tanker was there dropping retardant on it.

Cody would be 21 now, wouldn't he? That makes me sad. When he disappeared, he was just old enough to be resourceful, and that's definitely old enough to remember where you came from nine years after the fact.

I was abused as a child and often thought of running away, but didn't. I couldn't leave my brothers. I don't think Cody ran away; he would likely have stayed to help his sisters.his dad driving around at 2:30 AM to find car parts until dawn is a load of crap - my husband is a mechanic and he can't source out parts past 5 pm on the weekdays.

Everyone knows what happened to this kid. Bring in his dad and his dad's new wife. I think MDI. She was the last one who actually admits to seeing him alive.

I can't get over the fact that dad picked up his kids from Lisa's house one day and just drove off; isn't that kidnapping?! Why was all this allowed to happen?

In my experience as an abused child my dad never hit me until he met his now-wife, who also abused me. I was 19(!!) when the abuse started, first with her and then my dad. I wonder if it was the case with Cody.

Just trying to offer my perspective of things from an abused kid's standpoint. I was in a similar situation.

ETA I was abused by my mom from age 5-15 because my dad abused HER. From age 16-19 I lived on my own and then my dad offered to let me stay with him when I started attending college. I left the night he pulled a gun on me. Just added this bc I realized my story didn't make a lot of sense, saying I was abused as a child and then saying my dad starting abusing me when I was 19.

A terrible, heartbreaking store
Hoping for something, anything, to give this family peace

Cody would be 21 now, wouldn't he? That makes me sad. When he disappeared, he was just old enough to be resourceful, and that's definitely old enough to remember where you came from nine years after the fact.

I was abused as a child and often thought of running away, but didn't. I couldn't leave my brothers. I don't think Cody ran away; he would likely have stayed to help his sisters.his dad driving around at 2:30 AM to find car parts until dawn is a load of crap - my husband is a mechanic and he can't source out parts past 5 pm on the weekdays.

Everyone knows what happened to this kid. Bring in his dad and his dad's new wife. I think MDI. She was the last one who actually admits to seeing him alive.

I can't get over the fact that dad picked up his kids from Lisa's house one day and just drove off; isn't that kidnapping?! Why was all this allowed to happen?

In my experience as an abused child my dad never hit me until he met his now-wife, who also abused me. I was 19(!!) when the abuse started, first with her and then my dad. I wonder if it was the case with Cody.

Just trying to offer my perspective of things from an abused kid's standpoint. I was in a similar situation.

ETA I was abused by my mom from age 5-15 because my dad abused HER. From age 16-19 I lived on my own and then my dad offered to let me stay with him when I started attending college. I left the night he pulled a gun on me. Just added this bc I realized my story didn't make a lot of sense, saying I was abused as a child and then saying my dad starting abusing me when I was 19.

I think your perspective is very perceptive. I'm so sorry you endured what you did to get it :(

Cody would be 20 and he is truly missed by so many. Our Vigil this year with be in Yakima Wa. on our around sept. 16th. Our family wont stop until he is found. If only Richard Sr would take the lie detector test to prove the innocence he claims he is. Everyone knows what really happened to Cody. Him and all the girls were beaten on a daily basis. Punishment such as standing in the snow with no shoes or coat. Who really does that? Richard and his Ex Marla Harding are crazy in the head if they honestly think that is a acceptable punishment. Our Private investigator is doing a great job and has gotten things that we were not able to. We are confident that the truth WILL come out and Richard and Marla better enjoy their free life while they can

Cody would be 20 and he is truly missed by so many. Our Vigil this year with be in Yakima Wa. on our around sept. 16th. Our family wont stop until he is found. If only Richard Sr would take the lie detector test to prove the innocence he claims he is. Everyone knows what really happened to Cody. Him and all the girls were beaten on a daily basis. Punishment such as standing in the snow with no shoes or coat. Who really does that? Richard and his Ex Marla Harding are crazy in the head if they honestly think that is a acceptable punishment. Our Private investigator is doing a great job and has gotten things that we were not able to. We are confident that the truth WILL come out and Richard and Marla better enjoy their free life while they can

aujum9 - so glad to hear that you have found a competent private investigator who is able to help you! From what I have read, it does seem like everyone does know what happened to Cody and from that, I hope there is some measure of peace in the fact that he is no longer being abused. I hope the truth and justice arrives quickly so that Cody can come home to the family that truly loves him. I also hope the girls are OK as well, as it must be difficult for them to be without their brother and also to have suffered. My prayers are with you and your family always.

Is there anything we can do to help in any way?

What a beautiful little boy. I hope for some news for this family. Its been going on too long. Mom and her family need answers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back