Found Deceased WA - Ritchie Ambrose Collins, 58, North Cascades National Park, April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The strange disappearance of the landscape painter Alexander Pisch — StrangeOutdoors.com
Ritchie's disappearance is mentioned at link. Could be the cold medicine talking but "mini storage" popped into mind re: Ritchie and his guns. Does anyone recall discussion that he may have had a storage unit? (P.S. Hope all's relatively well these days @britney collins)
I'm guessing the mtn. pass will be closed soon for the winter, or when the snowfall makes it unpassable. We've had to detour at times when travelling through that area.

One of my Dad's old co workers reached out to me tonight to ask if I had listed his home up for sale. Sure enough I checked and it was listed for sale 2 days ago. When I first found out my Dad was missing, my aunt and family wanted me to become trustee of estate. I felt hopeful looking forward to having the legal authority to look through everything and do everything I could to find out what happened. WA state law says I have to live in the same county as him to be trustee. When I was looking for a professional trustee of estate I made clear my only priority was investigating and finding my Dad. She agreed and I have never heard from her since. So to find out all of his stuff is gone and his townhouse is up for sale is really upsetting. I almost had a mental break down last fall I had to stop spilling my feelings all over the internet and to everyone I talked to about my Dad. I am doing ok. This whole thing is such and so upsetting I don't know what to do. Everyone suggests so many things but its not that easy and like I said almost everyone and everything is working against me for some reason. What makes it even worse is I know it's just not me going through this. I know this is a huge systemic failure.

I hope some day soon I will be strong enough, good mental health, financially secure, etc to dedicate time to this because right now I am hanging on by a thread. I am doing good but all of my time and energy is spent trying to be ok with myself.

Last month was 2 years since he was reported missing. June 27th is his birthday. I strongly believe, he either took his own life or was murdered. There is more I have to say about a specific threat and other alarming information I've been told, I have told Detective Gates, but have not said publicly. I have not heard from Detective Gates since last fall. I gave up contacting him. There is no investigation, I don't believe there ever was.

I've been wanting to make a video. Hopefully soon I can make that happen.

Thank you for your support.

Sorry to hear all that you are going through! Thanks for the update. I wonder, do you think doing a or similar to hire some kind of private PI (not just any, but a top quality one or one of those equus investigator groups (spelled wrong I think) would be worthwhile? I don't know, just a thought.

One of my Dad's old co workers reached out to me tonight to ask if I had listed his home up for sale. Sure enough I checked and it was listed for sale 2 days ago. When I first found out my Dad was missing, my aunt and family wanted me to become trustee of estate. I felt hopeful looking forward to having the legal authority to look through everything and do everything I could to find out what happened. WA state law says I have to live in the same county as him to be trustee. When I was looking for a professional trustee of estate I made clear my only priority was investigating and finding my Dad. She agreed and I have never heard from her since. So to find out all of his stuff is gone and his townhouse is up for sale is really upsetting. I almost had a mental break down last fall I had to stop spilling my feelings all over the internet and to everyone I talked to about my Dad. I am doing ok. This whole thing is such ******** and so upsetting I don't know what to do. Everyone suggests so many things but its not that easy and like I said almost everyone and everything is working against me for some reason. What makes it even worse is I know it's just not me going through this. I know this is a huge systemic failure.

I hope some day soon I will be strong enough, good mental health, financially secure, etc to dedicate time to this because right now I am hanging on by a thread. I am doing good but all of my time and energy is spent trying to be ok with myself.

Last month was 2 years since he was reported missing. June 27th is his birthday. I strongly believe, he either took his own life or was murdered. There is more I have to say about a specific threat and other alarming information I've been told, I have told Detective Gates, but have not said publicly. I have not heard from Detective Gates since last fall. I gave up contacting him. There is no investigation, I don't believe there ever was.

I've been wanting to make a video. Hopefully soon I can make that happen.

Thank you for your support.

In most states, a trustee owes potential heirs transparency and accountability. There are fees involved, but a trustee must provide a detailed accounting. I assume you contacted her for information. All of this must be so difficult - your missing father and the many obstacles you face.

R.I.P Ritchie Collins, I’m so sorry and I love you.
I just got the call, some of my Dad’s remains (bones) have been found, his wallet, drivers license, credit cards, military dog tags, and some other things. His gun was found a couple days ago, which led to the search today. I am so grateful for the search team for their HARD work, everyone who has worked my Dad’s case, and for my family, friends, The Vanished Podcast, David Rose, Q13 news & John Lordan. Thank you to dozens & dozens of people who have messaged me, shared my Dad’s posts and who have truly supported me. There are so many amazing people who have reached out and helped me and it meant everything to me when at times I felt everything was working against finding my Dad. I feel shock & very sad for my Dad and my Aunt Bonnie. I feel grateful for everyone who has been there for me and I feel guilty but relieved I don’t have to spend the rest of my life going crazy not knowing what happened to my Dad. Next we wait for the coroner to confirm, then I don’t know what’s next.

Rest In Peace Ritchie Collins
Decorated US Customs and Border Protection Officer with nine years of service at a Northern Land Border Port of Entry. Decorated U.S. Army veteran.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ritchie-collins-bb830946

❤️

Thank you for helping me, letting me vent, checking in with me, not forgetting about my Dad & I. It really meant a lot to feel your support I hope you know it helped me through this darkness. There are still way too many missing people. I’m thinking of Alexander Pisch and his family still missing at Colonial Creek Campground.

R.I.P Ritchie Collins, I’m so sorry and I love you.
I just got the call, some of my Dad’s remains (bones) have been found, his wallet, drivers license, credit cards, military dog tags, and some other things. His gun was found a couple days ago, which led to the search today. I am so grateful for the search team for their HARD work, everyone who has worked my Dad’s case, and for my family, friends, The Vanished Podcast, David Rose, Q13 news & John Lordan. Thank you to dozens & dozens of people who have messaged me, shared my Dad’s posts and who have truly supported me. There are so many amazing people who have reached out and helped me and it meant everything to me when at times I felt everything was working against finding my Dad. I feel shock & very sad for my Dad and my Aunt Bonnie. I feel grateful for everyone who has been there for me and I feel guilty but relieved I don’t have to spend the rest of my life going crazy not knowing what happened to my Dad. Next we wait for the coroner to confirm, then I don’t know what’s next.

Rest In Peace Ritchie Collins
Decorated US Customs and Border Protection Officer with nine years of service at a Northern Land Border Port of Entry. Decorated U.S. Army veteran.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ritchie-collins-bb830946

❤️

Oh no! I have been following this case on Websleuths, and I am sorry to hear about your dad! I am so glad that he has been found though, rather than you having to wonder where he was for the rest of your life. I join others here in offering my condolences to you and your family.

Britney, I’m very sorry this was the outcome. When a loved one goes missing, you’re suddenly thrown into a unknown area. I’m very proud of you for keeping your dad’s name, face and story out there.

This maybe too soon, but I will say it anyway… some of the best SAR folks I know got started from having a loved one of their own go missing.

Please take time to heal in this next step of this heartbreaking process.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back