Found Deceased WA - Ritchie Ambrose Collins, 58, North Cascades National Park, April 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently there is just no leads, so nothing can be done, "it's not a crime to disappear". I just don't understand how more can't be done. I have done as much as I possibly can but I can't destroy myself trying to find out the truth. We should have laws that at least allow family to know "proof of life" without revealing a location, just to know a person is at least ALIVE and doing well.

No accounts have been opened in my Dad's name, he hasn't accessed his bank accounts, the last person to talk to him said "he was very negative and out of sorts" and over 30 guns are missing. I am heartbroken.

This is a comment from one of my Dad's former coworkers from CBP. I have been in contact with them and they have been trying to get ahold of Detectives:

"Shared on multiple pages. I think it’s interesting that detectives at bpd say they want clues to help etc - yet myself and two other coworkers have tried to reach out to detectives for over a year and we always get shoved aside or never called back. Hmmmm"

source: David Rose Facebook (one of the newest comments on my Dad's video):
MISSING: Whatcom County Sheriff's detectives seek tips to find Ritchie Collins

It's hard to believe there are no leads with the various odd clues and red flags present. Ugh. Thank you so much for sharing all the info with us, Britney. Words can't adequately express how sorry I am that you've been thrown into this nightmare, but I'm keeping you and your dad in my thoughts.

It's hard to believe there are no leads with the various odd clues and red flags present. Ugh. Thank you so much for sharing all the info with us, Britney. Words can't adequately express how sorry I am that you've been thrown into this nightmare, but I'm keeping you and your dad in my thoughts.

I totally agree with you, thank you for your support!

8/17/2020 UPDATE: Today I received an e-mail from the lead Detective on my Dad's case, nothing big but I want to share this info:

"Here are some follow up items that have been completed, and / or will be done in the near future;
- Myself and two detectives performed a search of the water way and shore at Diablo / Colonial Creek. This search yielded negative results

- I have searched the pawn shop data base for your dad’s firearms (IE: Large quantity pawn of firearms). This was negative as well. This is proving to be difficult in tracking the guns because we do not know specific brands, make, models, or calibers.

- I Reached out to a friend in Border Patrol & Customs. Will be speaking to him when I get back from Vacation

- Routine check ins with Crime Stoppers tips and NAMUS Tips

Also, I have talked to our search and rescue Deputy and asked him if another search of the wilderness area around Colonial Creek can be conducted. With the two previous searches being extensive as they were, He advised that another search would not be beneficial unless evidence was found to suggest that your dad was in the area or a specific location."

He also asked about my Dad's phones and said he could possibly get them analyzed without the passcodes. I told him who has his phones, so hopefully he can get that done. He also said he will do better to keep in contact and update me, which I really appreciate and gives me some hope. At some point, something big has to crack in my Dad's case. I think it will be when I least expect it, but hopefully sooner better than later. I feel a little hopeful now and really appreciate the Detective reaching out to me.

@britney collins I'm hopeful LE has gotten phones for analysis by now ... Have you heard?
Also, about your dad's co-workers, has the detective reached out to them too?
Your dad's case is on many minds - may powerful information be coming your way soon.

Detective will be back from vacation in September, I told him I would contact him and follow up about the phones! In his e-mail he said he was going to reach out to one of my Dad's co workers, when I follow up with him I am going to urge him to talk with 3 of his co workers who have been trying to talk to him since this whole nightmare started.

I think he should talk with the last person to talk to my Dad again, who said he "was very negative and out of sorts".

Detective also said he would do better to check-in/update me about my Dad's case & any leads.

In The Vanished Podcast, I opened up about my life, including a relationship I was in with extreme domestic violence. I tried to keep it to a brief summary, because it wasn't about me but could explain a little more about my relationship with my Dad. Before my aunt passed away last December she told me my ex contacted my Dad (she wasn't sure exactly when) and told him I was dead and he needed money for my funeral. My Dad asked for the funeral homes number and the person hung up. I know this was my ex because when we were together, he got me kicked out of where I was staying and watched how I contacted my aunt to get ahold of my Dad who helped me out financially until I finally came back home from Texas after my ex ripped out my extensions and put my head through a wall in 2013. I have not had contact with my ex, since 2013 but when I got clean and was in school, he sent me messages saying he was on his way up to Seattle. I was so scared I went to file another restraining order which was granted. This was in 2017. There is a lot more to this story but I feel like its really important to share this information. When I told the detective about it he seemed really interested. I e-mailed him copies of all of the police reports and restraining orders but he said he needed his social security number and I don't have it.

In The Vanished Podcast, I opened up about my life, including a relationship I was in with extreme domestic violence. I tried to keep it to a brief summary, because it wasn't about me but could explain a little more about my relationship with my Dad. Before my aunt passed away last December she told me my ex contacted my Dad (she wasn't sure exactly when) and told him I was dead and he needed money for my funeral. My Dad asked for the funeral homes number and the person hung up. I know this was my ex because when we were together, he got me kicked out of where I was staying and watched how I contacted my aunt to get ahold of my Dad who helped me out financially until I finally came back home from Texas after my ex ripped out my extensions and put my head through a wall in 2013. I have not had contact with my ex, since 2013 but when I got clean and was in school, he sent me messages saying he was on his way up to Seattle. I was so scared I went to file another restraining order which was granted. This was in 2017. There is a lot more to this story but I feel like its really important to share this information. When I told the detective about it he seemed really interested. I e-mailed him copies of all of the police reports and restraining orders but he said he needed his social security number and I don't have it.
A big virtual hug to you Britney. It sounds like you’ve been to hell and back and now this. I’m so sorry your dad is still missing but I have no doubt you will find him some day soon!

Detective will be back from vacation in September, I told him I would contact him and follow up about the phones! In his e-mail he said he was going to reach out to one of my Dad's co workers, when I follow up with him I am going to urge him to talk with 3 of his co workers who have been trying to talk to him since this whole nightmare started.

I think he should talk with the last person to talk to my Dad again, who said he "was very negative and out of sorts".

Detective also said he would do better to check-in/update me about my Dad's case & any leads.
Hi @britney collins, now that September is underway, any updates from the detective or other sources? Thanks for sharing your story for context...Is it possible your shithead ex went to visit your dad?

I have a couple of questions. Any idea of when the co-workers noticed he wasn’t acting like himself? I was wondering that in comparison to the phone call from ex-husband? Could that call regarding his daughters death and the lack of response have triggered something that made him go into some sort of PTSD type of problem. Could he have sold the guns for quick cash to pay for the “funeral”? The disarray in the home doesn’t sound like a robbery to me. It sounds like someone who lost track of reality. They often do things like what is being described in his townhome. At least my mother in law did. She also went in a short errand and ended up 4 hours away, before she realized she was lost and thank heavens for good Samaritan’s who gave her directions home. It seems to be fairly common. Just a few thoughts and questions I had.

I’m completely burnt out and not in a mental space to answer any more questions anymore. I have spent a year and I still have no answers to what happened to my Dad. The investigation is non existent and quite honestly pathetic. I can’t handle this any more, this is too much. Thank you so much to everyone who has asked questions or sent me supportive messages I really REALLY appreciate every single question & message and I’m sorry I can’t do more.

I don't know why I never thought of this before. Many people with gun collections have a rider on their homeowners' or renters' policy to insure those guns. Before his passing, my father had an extensive collection and many were insured. My insurance days are rusty, but I believe to be insured, a serial number must be provided. Might be worth a shot if a policy can be located.

Peace be with you @britney collins - I know this has been a long, exhausting road for you. I hope one day you will have the answers you seek.

I’m completely burnt out and not in a mental space to answer any more questions anymore. I have spent a year and I still have no answers to what happened to my Dad. The investigation is non existent and quite honestly pathetic. I can’t handle this any more, this is too much. Thank you so much to everyone who has asked questions or sent me supportive messages I really REALLY appreciate every single question & message and I’m sorry I can’t do more.
Every fiber of my being feels this! Putting yourself first is NECESSARY - no apology needed! I'm grateful for your presence here on WS (and actually on Earth!) @britney collins ... even if you go silent, your past input here may benefit sleuthing to come. Thanks for bringing a very human element to your dad's mystifying thread! Wishing you ALL GOOD, lady.
P.S. @KatzEye great insurance post

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back