WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This paragraph is probably spot-on. I hadn't previously considered this, but it seems very likely in this case. But, this makes it much more difficult to find her true identity.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

I bet she was very successful prior to her suicide and retired young. Right before she killed herself, she probably told her coworkers that she was moving to some foreign locale. No one would question her giving away/selling/donating her property nor would they think that anything was wrong if they never heard from her again. I really feel that no one noticed that she disappeared. She obviously didn't have a whole lot of meaningful relationships with people.

"Mary Anderson" and a fair number of other unidentifieds do not appear among the reported missing at the time of their death yet they appear to be the "type" who would have friends, relatives and others who would be concerned with their well being.

Most unidentified "Does" appear to be homeless,substance abusers or otherwise from the margins of society. It is disturbing and sad to where someone who appears to be "one of us" has died a lonely death without friends or relatives who were close enough to report that they were missing.

Some people who "go away" to commit suicide will "take measures" to be sure bodies are not identified so that people who were close to them will never know they did commit suicide. There are perhaps friends or relatives who are, to this day, confused and disappointed that "Mary Anderson" did not contact them, as promised, when she was settled in the city she was relocating to.

There may be others who just "failed" to show up for work and collect their last paycheck or "abandoned" their residence with all of their possessions, yet no one thought much about it because no one really "knew" that person.

"Mary Anderson" and a fair number of other unidentifieds do not appear among the reported missing at the time of their death yet they appear to be the "type" who would have friends, relatives and others who would be concerned with their well being.

Most unidentified "Does" appear to be homeless,substance abusers or otherwise from the margins of society. It is disturbing and sad to where someone who appears to be "one of us" has died a lonely death without friends or relatives who were close enough to report that they were missing.

Some people who "go away" to commit suicide will "take measures" to be sure bodies are not identified so that people who were close to them will never know they did commit suicide. There are perhaps friends or relatives who are, to this day, confused and disappointed that "Mary Anderson" did not contact them, as promised, when she was settled in the city she was relocating to.

There may be others who just "failed" to show up for work and collect their last paycheck or "abandoned" their residence with all of their possessions, yet no one thought much about it because no one really "knew" that person.

This is a very good statement, kemo, especially the third paragraph. I have always thought that if Mary Anderson didn't have any family or friends, then why would she go through the whole process to hide her identity? That tells me she did have family and my thoughts about this reflect the statement you've made.

This is a very good statement, kemo, especially the third paragraph. I have always thought that if Mary Anderson didn't have any family or friends, then why would she go through the whole process to hide her identity? That tells me she did have family and my thoughts about this reflect the statement you've made.

I disagree. She went to extreme lengths to hide because she was ashamed that she didn't have relationships. That is why no one filed a missing person's report. I also doubt that she left loose ends. If someone doesn't show up to work or abandoned their homes, the police would be notified for a welfare check

I disagree. She went to extreme lengths to hide because she was ashamed that she didn't have relationships.

But that really doesn't make any sense. If she didn't have any relationships to begin with, why go to "extreme lengths?" What would be the point? She could have felt lonely and rejected more so than being ashamed.

But that really doesn't make any sense. If she didn't have any relationships to begin with, why go to "extreme lengths?" What would be the point? She could have felt lonely and rejected more so than being ashamed.

Suicidal people don't make sensible choices.

wow, just read this thread, very interesting. By about page 3, I was thinking that someone killed this woman and staged the suicide.

Long before now, however, any family, friends, co-workers, etc. would have been looking for her. Unless she was selected as a victim for this very reason - that she really did not have any family.

Then I was thinking lesbian, recently disowned by whatever family she did have...

Assisted suicide?... I am now leaning this way.

Please understand that I have done no research aside from reading here, and just wanted to share a few thoughts that came to mind. Something has to shake loose at some point.

Awesome to know that there are people who care, even after all this time... (especially considering I have no children, a very small extended family with whom I do not keep in touch, don't do social media, and will one day be an older woman alone...) Such a great community here.

I agree with your possible assisted suicide thought AzPistonsGirl.

What makes sense to me about that is -

- requesting a specific room and no phone calls in or out
- the tidiness of the room and 'Mary' applying makeup (serene)
- the maple leaf as a possible memento from a happier time
- someone could have brought her the cyanide to a prearranged room number and waited with her until it was over

Rational thinking and planning as reflected in MA's actions, imo.

I think Kevorkian had been at work for a long time before it all came to light.

There is no indication that anyone else was present but who knows. You usually associate assisted suicide with terminal illness or unbearable pain. In those circumstances, there is a reasonable chance there would be no prosecution. . In nearby Oregon, Assisted suicide would be legal. The autopsy did not find any indication of serious illness. Assisting someone who was only suffering "depression" would probably draw the full wrath of the law

There are internet sites that seem to support or encourage people to commit suicide. Apparently cyanide is not that hard to get at all. The above mentioned sites will tell anyone all they need to know. Ironically, the "controls" that states have on the sales of cyanide could offer a clue to the identity of suicide unidentifieds. States have very few retailers who sell cyanide and they are usually required to obtain picture id and retain a record of everyone purchasing the product. I wonder if these were checked in the Seattle and Phoenix areas.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but could the maple leaf be related to Canada?

Not sure if this was mentioned, but could the maple leaf be related to Canada?

Yes, on the second page of this thread is when it was first mentioned. The maple leaf or leaf set were pressed. Usually a book is used to press leaves and the only book she had was the family Bible she had in her possession.

"Investigators ran her fingerprints through the FBI's Integrated Automated Fingerprint Identification System. They checked with Canadian and American missing-person records, with Interpol and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. They checked with cyanide manufacturers, and tried to trace her possessions. They sought the help of the media, casting for leads. Within a few months, she was officially categorized what she remains today: a Jane Doe."

Per :
http://www.doenetwork.org/media/news124.html

I know we've looked at everything in the case sideways and in-side out. But, what if the clues we're searching for is in what's NOT said.
For Example:
The bellman didn't notice and accent about her..
Given the fact she gave a NY address, he would have noticed the short quips of a NY accent.
Also:
Her bags had no tags on them.
Therefore she DIDNT hop a plane to WA. From where-ever she belonged.
(I've recently searched canadasmissing.com, and still no updates.)

Telling me that this woman was within driving distance, even cabbing distance from the Hotel where she was found.

There were no callouses on her hands, she'd worn expensive (mid-range) clothes, and had scars on her breasts from surgeries.

Suggesting she'd either come from a wealthy family, been a well to do widow (lack of family) or she'd made her own small fortune as an educated business owner.

From a missing friends website:

Barbara Putnam, formerly ?
Year of birth approx.: 1950
Last contact: Country: United States, Town: reseda, california, Year: 1996
Other characteristics:
Last known place of residence: ?
Last known profession: sales
Grew up in: ?, california
Went to college: --
Notes: At the wake of her fiancee, bob wood---held in a restaurant near marina del rey, california---in 1995 or 1996
Please contact: xxxxxx, formerly ---, via E-mail last known address: 17808 (or11808) sherman way, reseda, calif. 91335

Another post...

Marydee Fensin
Year of birth approx.: 1960
Last contact: Country: United States, Town: San Diego, Year: 1996
Notes: We worked together at a mail order pharmacy.
Please contact: xxxxxx via E-mail I've been looking for you all over.

(This same poster for Marydee had posted another one for her the year before in 2007, mentioning her last profession as a "legal assistant" in SD. From several people website searches, they list a Mary Dee Fensin still living in SD, but such sites can be wrong. Even some of my deceased family members and friends over ten years are still shown on these sites as still alive and living in the same residence with present day ages listed.)

I also have a possible.
Just FYI there was a Facebook page that contained pictures regarding this case. I think that this one mostly resembles our Jane Doe.
Maybe she disappeared in life, thought that no one was going to look for her and made her death just as much a mystery. Age range/checks out. Also canada. I just dug a little farther back than what I normally would if someone was missing in a timeframe.

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2008023399&id=13

I also have a possible.
Just FYI there was a Facebook page that contained pictures regarding this case. I think that this one mostly resembles our Jane Doe.
Maybe she disappeared in life, thought that no one was going to look for her and made her death just as much a mystery. Age range/checks out. Also canada. I just dug a little farther back than what I normally would if someone was missing in a timeframe.

https://secure.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2008023399&id=13

I think someone mentioned before that if Mary Anderson was reported missing, it may have been possible it was long before 1996... that she may have gained weight since the last time anyone saw her. I wonder how accurate though the missing person report would be? I mean, sometimes family members don't exactly know a relative's exact height off hand and or what surgeries or tattoos they had. I'm sure there are a lot of inconsistencies. Even the driver's license can list it wrong by a few inches.

Here is another possible... http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/561dfny.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd
Back