WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

Monthlong international search heats up for missing girl and fiancée

no new info but a new article just uploaded by newsweek. I am glad to see any coverage of this case.

Where is Seraya?
One thing in this new account I'd never seen before. It reports the maternal grandmother says she called CPS after the child went missing when her daughter called screaming from the police station. With LE involved I'm not sure what CPS could do but other accounts say she called in March when the child came home from the Aung's with "sores."

Post in thread 'WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*' WA - WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

I guess both could have happened but it seems a bit odd.
MOO

One thing in this new account I'd never seen before. It reports the maternal grandmother says she called CPS after the child went missing when her daughter called screaming from the police station. With LE involved I'm not sure what CPS could do but other accounts say she called in March when the child came home from the Aung's with "sores."

Post in thread 'WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*' WA - WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

I guess both could have happened but it seems a bit odd.
MOO
personally, I think that newsweek has misinterpretted or distorted what Shawna Harmon said on Court TV and Nancy Grace. They pull many quotes fronm those interviews and I think they've mistated the when of that call to CPS. on those shows Shawna said the call happened in March (pre AA going MIA with Seraya). However Shawna also covered rumors and allegations made by the Aung family that Seraya's mother's half brother has been given access to Seraya. She stated that in the prior allegae SA of Seraya's mom, she (Shawna) had been the one to report THAT to CPS.

I think they have muddled bits of that interview and misstated it. JMO.

But agree. It is always possible two calls were made, one in March, and one immediately after learning AA hadn't shown up as expected with his daughter at the exchange point and wasn't going to.

As a grandmother, if I have reported concerns about the father of my grandchild within the last two months and then that same father doesn't return my grandchild to its mother when supposed to, I might just call CPS and make them aware that NOW that same grandchild is straight up missing.

Last edited:
personally, I think that newsweek has misinterpretted or distorted what Shawna Harmon said on Court TV and Nancy Grace. They pull many quotes fronm those interviews and I think they've mistated the when of that call to CPS. on NG Shawna said the call happened in March (pre AA going MIA with Seraya). However Shawna also covered rumors and allegations made by the Aung family that Seraya's mother's half brother has been given access to Seraya. She stated that in the prior allegae SA of Seraya's mom, she (Shawna) had been teh one to report THAT to CPS.

I think they have muddled bits of that interview and misstated it. JMO.

But agree. It is always possible two calls were made, one in March, and one immediately after learning AA hadn't shown up as expected with his daughter at the exchange point and wasn't going to.

As a grandmother, if I have reported concerns about the father of my grandchild within the last two months and then that same father doesn't return my grandchild to its mother when supposed to, I might just call CPS and make them aware that NOW that same grandchild is straight up missing.
That's all true. The second call could have been an "I told you so" wake up call to CPS. But now that I think more about it, I think you're probably right Newsweek has muddled stuff. When I know a lot about the topic covered, whatever it is, I find Newsweek's use of secondary sources to often lead to problematic reports.
MOO

Could they have gone by small boat from Seattle to Mexico and had someone separate deliver the car to them in Mexico? Pretty convoluted plan but just throwing stuff at walls over here.

Where is Seraya?
This made me picture these two ding dongs in a row boat with the baby trying to paddle from Seattle to Mexico. Although they don’t seem much brighter than that

It reports the maternal grandmother says she called CPS after the child went missing when her daughter called screaming from the police station.

Not to change the subject, but this reminds me of a question I have . . .

Maybe this has already been discussed, but it’s interesting to me that Seraya’s mother didn’t know that AA and Seraya were missing until they didn’t show up at the custody exchange on 6/3. Was it normal for SH and AA to not have any communication between exchanges, especially if Seraya was experiencing medical issues and taking medication? Or did SH try to contact AA and never heard back? Did that ring any alarms?

Apparently the Aungs had already reported AA and Seraya missing by the time SH found out . . . Of course it’s weird to not let the mom know her own daughter is missing, no matter how much they dislike her. But why wouldn’t Moscow LE contact her?? Seems like the first thing they’d want to do is inform the mother and ask her questions to see if she knows anything.

Not to change the subject, but this reminds me of a question I have . . .

Maybe this has already been discussed, but it’s interesting to me that Seraya’s mother didn’t know that AA and Seraya were missing until they didn’t show up at the custody exchange on 6/3. Was it normal for SH and AA to not have any communication between exchanges, especially if Seraya was experiencing medical issues and taking medication? Or did SH try to contact AA and never heard back? Did that ring any alarms?

Apparently the Aungs had already reported AA and Seraya missing by the time SH found out . . . Of course it’s weird to not let the mom know her own daughter is missing, no matter how much they dislike her. But why wouldn’t Moscow LE contact her?? Seems like the first thing they’d want to do is inform the mother and ask her questions to see if she knows anything.
Really good questions!

Actually . . . I see now that the Aungs’ claim that they reported AA and Seraya missing is refuted by the maternal grandmother. If they did in fact lie about that, that’s just more suspicion to add to an already heaping pile against them.

Actually . . . I see now that the Aungs’ claim that they reported AA and Seraya missing is refuted by the maternal grandmother. If they did in fact lie about that, that’s just more suspicion to add to an already heaping pile against them.
IIRC, when the mom went to the police station to pick up Seraya and AA wasn't there, the police gave her a note from AA's family stating they were gone. Is my memory correct? I don't know when the family dropped off that note. Anyone remember the details?

jmo

And another thing about that weirdo handwritten note the Aungs provided to SH via LE . . . It mentions that this alleged MT camping/fishing trip was supposed to be “with friends,” but I have seen or heard no mention of these so-called “friends” since. Seems like that part would be pretty easy for LE to either prove or disprove. So they must know whether the whole trip was BS or not.

IIRC, when the mom went to the police station to pick up Seraya and AA wasn't there, the police gave her a note from AA's family stating they were gone. Is my memory correct? I don't know when the family dropped off that note. Anyone remember the details?

jmo
Yes I think that’s correct. I haven’t seen any mention of when they left the note, I don’t think that info has been released. But no matter which way you slice it, it’s bizarre . . . to say the least.

Another thing I’d like to know is which date AA was seen buying the camping gear. Did he plan this well in advance, or was it last minute? Is he really smart enough to try to pull off buying a map of Montana as a red herring, or did he actually intend to start this whole thing as a “camping trip,” then something got derailed?

Last edited:
And another thing about that weirdo handwritten note the Aungs provided to SH via LE . . . It mentions that this alleged MT camping/fishing trip was supposed to be “with friends,” but I have seen or heard no mention of these so-called “friends” since. Seems like that part would be pretty easy for LE to either prove or disprove. So they must know whether the whole trip was BS or not.

Yes I think that’s correct. I haven’t seen any mention of when they left the note, I don’t think that info has been released. But no matter which way you slice it, it’s bizarre . . . to say the least.
Bringing this post from @PommyMommy forward.

According to the linked video, the senior Aungs arrived at the police station and gave Seraya's mom the hand-written note.

How did they know to appear there? With an already-written note?

Hmmm

Last edited:

According to the linked video, the senior Aungs arrived at the police station and gave Seraya's mom the hand-written note.

Hmmm
I'd think they'd know where the exchanges always happened and probably when they happened. But how they knew anything else is quite odd.
MOO

Hmmm

The note is titled “Samara copy” — does that imply the Aungs had other “copies” on hand, ready to distribute to anyone else who might notice that AA and Seraya were missing?

The normal thing to do would be to call SH as soon as AA and Seraya didn’t come home, which would be the day before. But it seems they wanted to hold off on informing her until they had to.

The note is titled “Samara copy” — does that imply the Aungs had other “copies” on hand, ready to distribute to anyone else who might notice that AA and Seraya were missing?

The normal thing to do would be to call SH as soon as AA and Seraya didn’t come home, which would be the day before. But it seems they wanted to hold off on informing her until they had to.
"The normal thing" LOL. Nothing normal about the Aungs!

My son has 4 names. It wasn't difficult at all for us to agree on his name, we just wanted both lineages represented so we got creative.
Right, and I have no problem with hyphenated names. Your son has 4 names. This baby has five names. It was really the 2 middle names that seemed odd, considering there are already 2 surnames. JMO

That's all true. The second call could have been an "I told you so" wake up call to CPS. But now that I think more about it, I think you're probably right Newsweek has muddled stuff. When I know a lot about the topic covered, whatever it is, I find Newsweek's use of secondary sources to often lead to problematic reports.
MOO
I haven't found Newsweek to be particularly accurate in past articles I've seen following cases. They seem to mix things up or get facts muddled, IMO.

We would have to check Nancy Grace interview but if I remember correctly, Seraya's Mom arrived at police station for pick up.

Pick up should have been from AA's Mother to her.

Nobody arrived with the child, its not clear if LE called the Aung family, but they turned up shortly afterwards with the handwritten letter, telling of fishing plans (no friends mentioned) and they may be delayed, due to supplies or twisted ankle.

The note Seraya's Mam received had a handwritten message at the top indicating it was for her. Equally the Aungs could have received the note separately as copy for them. Who knows?

Right, and I have no problem with hyphenated names. Your son has 4 names. This baby has five names. It was really the 2 middle names that seemed odd, considering there are already 2 surnames. JMO
LOL. No strife here, but mine also has 5 names, including a hyphenated last name. Her two middle names are to honor a great-grandmother from each side.

ETA: she hated having such a long name when she was little, but as an adult, she treasures it, LOL!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back