WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also suspect the Aungs are involved but 2nd guess that when I remember the FBI is also involved.
If the Aungs were involved, after 4+ weeks of this investigation LE would already know exactly how, and likely would have arrested them by now for their part in this felony as well as located their son, NC and the baby.

Of course cases can drag out for months and years without an arrest but that's almost always when a huge part of the puzzle is also missing from LE. The Aungs aren't criminal masterminds (and neither are AA or NC) hiding anything from LE, so that makes me think that part of what's missing is that they aren't as involved as I'd guess most of us assumed. Maybe.
Really good points!

Although the Aung home was raided, and the warrant was to search the residence, vehicles, and persons, there were no arrests.

To me, that indicates LE found nothing to arrest them for.

And, Seraya is still missing so they obviously found no evidence leading to her whereabouts.

Maybe (MOO) AA was tired of the behavior/advice/interference from his family as well as Samara and her mother, and he convinced NC to abscond with him and his daughter to get away from all of them. Just a theory...

Or, something unplanned and tragic happened to the three of them. I hope it's not the latter, but this is an odd story--as you say, none of them are criminal masterminds.

But, if she used her real passport, there would be evidence of it scanned if she crossed a border.
I didn’t mean that she used it, only that it could provide some insight into what their plans were — or weren’t — along with whatever she had packed in her luggage.

Although I suppose it might be possible that they did use their real passports, if they managed to get to a border before they were reported missing. And if so, LE probably knows which country they’re in and is just trying to track down their exact location.

I feel like this disappearing act was meant to be a temporary plan for AA to teach Seraya’s mom a lesson and for NC to make some kind of point to her parents. If custody was shared, AA might’ve felt he had the right to do this and didn’t realize just how illegal it really is — probably naive enough to think he could just come back and resume life as though he never did anything wrong. But once it hit national news and multiple LE agencies got involved, they freaked out.

But I don’t think they’re smart enough to outsmart the FBI.

No updates?

I hope this isn't going to be one of those many, many cases that quickly go cold because there's no real evidence.

yep. Ive wondered that as well.
I keep wondering if there are negotiations going on behind the scenes.
The grandparents may be negotiating, trying to secure their rights to future visitation AND a very light punishment for their son, like probation only, in exchange for the return of the child?

I'm wondering if she is found safe, would it necessarily be publicly announced?? Idk.

jmo
Usually, in cases of missing children, they do make an announcement if they are found, even if they offer no more detail than that.

I've seen them do so even in cases of custodial interference.

Otherwise all the other MISSING person posters and pressers will lose importance if people assume many are bogus because thy've already ben found.

Usually, in cases of missing children, they do make an announcement if they are found, even if they offer no more detail than that.

I've seen them do so even in cases of custodial interference.

Otherwise all the other MISSING person posters and pressers will lose importance if people assume many are bogus because thy've already ben found.
Good point. Thanks.

jmo

The grandparents may be negotiating, trying to secure their rights to future visitation AND a very light punishment for their son, like probation only, in exchange for the return of the child?
What i am suspecting as well.y guess is $$$ is doing much of the talking.

What i am suspecting as well.y guess is $$$ is doing much of the talking.
Money to whom? Really, all AA needs to do is return with the child. From my understanding of the charge against him, it potentially fizzles out once the child is returned safely and without incident. The goal is to bring the child home safely and back into proper custody arrangements, not to bring down a fugitive, imo.

Dragging this out and perhaps obstructing makes it worse for him and it is just getting worse the longer he stays away, but I don't know how money would help him in terms of legal issues (other than paying for a lawyer).

jmo

I highly doubt the grandparents are in any kind of negotiations with LE for the safe return of this little girl.
If they're involved in the disappearance of this child, the only thing they're getting from LE is an arrest warrant & charges.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mae_uk
Back