Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I like how they put the word harassment in quotes.
Yes, an interesting post and requests therein IMO. Also confused since unfortunately there are no links or Court Case #s to upcoming court cases for their son AA IIUC? Those matters IMO seem also centrally related and should be available for perusal. MOO

So they were ordered to remove everything? Can’t view the link right now.

Due to a court decision on a "protection order" for "harassment," on July 31, 2024 all social media posts have been taken down.

This includes this Facebook Group, YouTube channel, AungFamilyStatement.com website, Change.org petition and .com site.

Due to a court decision on a "protection order" for "harassment," on July 31, 2024 all social media posts have been taken down.

This includes this Facebook Group, YouTube channel, AungFamilyStatement.com website, Change.org petition and .com site.
Right, I was asking if anyone had verified this was done per a court order, as I don’t have reason to trust the Aung family to tell the public the truth.

AUG 3, 2024
[...]

The child's mother spoke with police and said that Aung may have been driving his father's car, according to court documents. Officials identified that car as having crossed from California to Mexico on June 1.

On July 4, Aung, Cole and his daughter were "contacted by Mexican officials" and shortly after were returned to the U.S.

Aung's attorney asked Friday for detention and preliminary hearings to be set for Thursday.

Goeke granted their request as well as the prosecutor's motion for a no-contact order with witnesses and victims.

Waldref said additional charges are possible as the case unfolds.

Right, I was asking if anyone had verified this was done per a court order, as I don’t have reason to trust the Aung family to tell the public the truth.

Searching for Aung, Aaron on the Washington Courts website, this shows up:
1722804430191.png

If you search for Harmon, Samara Linn on the same site, this shows up:
1722804589134.png

Fyi, a screen capture of the "Aung Family Statement":
1722804655883.png

As has been mentioned, their choice to put "protection order" & "harassment" in quotes shows their continuing disrespect for court rulings against themselves. MOO.

ETA: They seem like such a toxic family as a whole. NC should count herself lucky that she has (I hope) unentangled herself from them forevermore. MOO & Imo.

Last edited:
I checked the change.org and fundraising sites and the Aung family posts are gone. Interesting is that Seraya’s mom’s fundraiser and change org petition are still active. So the court order only covers Aaron and his family.

I don’t know the current status of FB or other social media.

The child's mother spoke with police and said that Aung may have been driving his father's car, according to court documents. Officials identified that car as having crossed from California to Mexico on June 1.
If his father let him use his car to escape across the border, his father should be charged.

If his father says he didn't give him permission to use his car, AA should be charged with unauthorized use of a vehicle along with his other more serious charges.

I doubt they would pursue that charge though, if the car owner wasn't in favor of prosecution. But it would ultimately be up to the prosecutor to file or not on that.

So Aaron can’t afford a lawyer so the taxpayers get to pay for him but apparently the rest of the “family” is quite willing to pay for lawyers etc.

Quite the family.

MOO

As has been mentioned, their choice to put "protection order" & "harassment" in quotes shows their continuing disrespect for court rulings against themselves. MOO.

ETA: They seem like such a toxic family as a whole. NC should count herself lucky that she has (I hope) unentangled herself from them forevermore. MOO & Imo.
This.

They were spreading (very publicly) all sorts of defamatory accusations about Samara and Shawna. It sounds as though the judge told them to cease and desist.

But, unlike a normal family that would have immediately complied, the Aungs couldn't comply without trying to get in another dig by putting "protection order" and "harassment" in shudder quotes. They couldn't just comply without getting the last word.

As you say, they seem very toxic. It's interesting how that sort of family dynamic develops. I've seen something similar in my husband's extended family. It strikes me as dangerous, almost Mafia-esque.

It would not surprise me to find the Aungs are not done with their campaign of harassment, but maybe they'll do it less publicly. And that worries me.

This.

They were spreading (very publicly) all sorts of defamatory accusations about Samara and Shawna. It sounds as though the judge told them to cease and desist.

But, unlike a normal family that would have immediately complied, the Aungs couldn't comply without trying to get in another dig by putting "protection order" and "harassment" in shudder quotes. They couldn't just comply without getting the last word.

As you say, they seem very toxic. It's interesting how that sort of family dynamic develops. I've seen something similar in my husband's extended family. It strikes me as dangerous, almost Mafia-esque.

It would not surprise me to find the Aungs are not done with their campaign of harassment, but maybe they'll do it less publicly. And that worries me.
I agree. I think they are definitely an ongoing threat to Samara and Seraya.

I wouldn’t put it past them to attempt another kidnapping in the future.

They’re unhinged.

MOO

Quote Marks?
I like how they put the word harassment in quotes.
....As has been mentioned, their choice to put "protection order" & "harassment" in quotes shows their continuing disrespect for court rulings against themselves. MOO....
snipped for focus @vls12345 @CrimeDawg123

The "shudder quote" marks show disrespect? Not sure, could be interpreted differently. Some ppl reading those words may see them as merely REFERRING* to WA. statute & a lawfully issued order.

WA. state statutes** provide for judge to enter a "protection order" for "harassment" in various situations. Seems that's what happened.

But yep, the A. family may have intended the quote marks as sneering at both the statute & the judge's order. Seems that family (or at least some of them) likes making NOISE.
imo
* "Scare quotes (also called shudder quotes,[1][2] sneer quotes,[3]...) are quotation marks that writers place around a word or phrase to signal that they are using it in an ironic, referential, or otherwise non-standard sense.[4]" (sbm)
** See page 2 in this WA. St. Courts publication:

Last edited:
Quotes Marks.
Moo...scare quotes, wow that's new to me. I use quote marks and occasionally other random symbols when I want words to stand out. Never thought I was being rude....moo
@nao
I doubt that anyone thinks your posts w quote marks are rude.

Sometimes here I YELL because because I cannot make a word or phrase bold
or bigger or a diff. color, to emphasize the word.
For unknown reasons WS formatting gizmo's like bolding, highlighting, colors, font size, italics, etc. REFUSE to "cooperate" w my ancient tablet.
Even drafting in a word program and pasting the content into the WS post box does not help. All the formatting disappears. Grr. Formerly the WS formatting worked on this same tablet.

AUG 8, 2024
The Pullman man accused of kidnapping his daughter and taking her to Mexico is expected back in court on Thursday.

[...]

...he is expected to be in court on Thursday for what consists of a detention hearing, a preliminary hearing and a status heading.

Moo...scare quotes, wow that's new to me. I use quote marks and occasionally other random symbols when I want words to stand out. Never thought I was being rude....moo
You weren't being rude. The way you use the quote marks is defined as "emphasis quotes" or "highlighting quotes."

Shudder quotes are used to convey a nonliteral or skeptical use of the word. The way the Aungs used them seemed to indicate they questioned whether the judge was applying those terms fairly. Kind of like rolling their eyes at the idea those terms were applied to them.

You weren't being rude. The way you use the quote marks is defined as "emphasis quotes" or "highlighting quotes."

Shudder quotes are used to convey a nonliteral or skeptical use of the word. The way the Aungs used them seemed to indicate they questioned whether the judge was applying those terms fairly. Kind of like rolling their eyes at the idea those terms were applied to them.
yep, I use quotes to actually quote someone but I also use them to convey sarcasm. Totally agree the Aungs were rolling their eyes and expressing disdain for the justice system with those. Like, How dare someone apply law to us when we are right and everyone else is wrong.

There are 2 additional names listed as defendants that are currently redacted, but if you read the indictment you can figure out who they are…

Attachments

• IMG_8442.jpeg
    IMG_8442.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8443.jpeg
    IMG_8443.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8444.jpeg
    IMG_8444.jpeg
    117.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8445.jpeg
    IMG_8445.jpeg