WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked into whether or not people need a passport to get into Mexico. It looks like you used to be able to enter without a passport, until a new law came into effect called the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative which increased border security. Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative

From the Mexican government website: "All citizens of the United States must present a valid passport when entering Mexican territory by any means of transportation. There are no exceptions for minors. Stays less than 72 hours within the border area, do not require an Official Entry Immigration Form (FMM)." KNOW BEFORE YOU GO

Moo..<modsnip - quoted post was snipped> Mexico is a tourist hot spot. Actually the town I live in (Canada) is irritatingly become a tourist hot spot. Unless her hair is still bright blonde. Why would I notice a little family?

Last edited by a moderator:
Police originally believed Aung and Cole had headed to Montana because Aung had purchased camping gear and a map book for Montana, but investigators now believe that they drove to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with Idaho license plate number 1L5147U.

WOAH. I did not see that one coming. They made it to Mexico? I take it back. Maybe NC isn't as sharp as I thought.... (3 surfers, 2 Australian brothers and an SD local were recently killed a few weeks ago in Mexico while camping in their suv.)

Now I worry about their safety, ALL 3 of them. I hope they are able to communicate (did they buy a burner phone?) with someone who cares for them, and can convince them to head home!!

This is what a 2014 black Caddie xts looks like... to me it stands out so much!!!! So we're thinking he just bought it, cash? It supposedly has Idaho Plates.

Not smart, kids. Quit while you're ahead and still alive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240607_184427_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240607_184427_Chrome.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
It is believed they are driving to Mexico.

Police think missing WSU grad, two-year-old, father are in Mexico | krem.com

Pullman Police believe missing WSU grad, two-year-old and father driving to Mexico​

PULLMAN, Wash. — The Pullman Police Department says they believe a missing WSU graduate, a missing two-year-old girl and her father are driving to Mexico.

Police say they initially thought Aaron Aung and his two-year-old daughter went to Montana since he was buying camping gear and a Montana map book in Moscow. Police said that Aung and 21-year-old Nadia Cole, a recent WSU grad last seen at SeaTac, likely went to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with Idaho license 1L5147U.

<modsnip: Copyright violation of 100% of article; edited by Admin to comply with 10% copyright rule>

The Pullman Police Department says anyone with information should contact the Pullman Police Department at PoliceTips@pullman-wa.gov or the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI (225-5324) or tips.fbi.gov."
Odd that they don't say why they think they're driving to Mexico.

Where did they get a Cadillac?
Somewhere in Idaho... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :) MOO

But the investigation later revealed he likely went to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with an Idaho license plate 1L5147U, according to the news release.

Moo..<modsnip>I am not. Mexico is a tourist hot spot. Actually the town I live in (Canada) is irritatingly become a tourist hot spot. Unless her hair is still bright blonde. Why would I notice a little family?
If there are MISSING posters put up, with a REWARD posted for spotting the child, people will be noticing the family.

They are distinctive. He is Burmese/Vietnamese, his girlfriend is very pale skinned, the child is a beautiful latino looking child. They will be noticed if they are out and about.

They will probably be low profile, trying not to be seen much. And that is what often creates the red flags for others.
Normally parents of a toddler are very social and want their child to engage with others, to learn to interact, etc.

But in this situation they will be standoffish and not have their child be the centre of attention. They may stay holed up in their room or trailer, etc. It might create suspicions with their landlords, or bosses or neighbours, etc. IMO

Moo..<modsnip> I am not. Mexico is a tourist hot spot. Actually the town I live in (Canada) is irritatingly become a tourist hot spot. Unless her hair is still bright blonde. Why would I notice a little family?
The whole of Mexico is NOT a tourist hot spot. Far from it! Most of the country is extremely dangerous and controlled by drug cartels.

They will be fine if they head to the tourist hot spots of Cancun, Puerto Vallarta or Cabo.

Anywhere else will be a worry, and YES they will be noticed as foreign. IMO

I'm astonished that someone planning on law school would risk even getting charged with anything. Generally applications require you to disclose everything, ever, down to traffic tickets. And that's not even getting into the character and fitness section of the bar application. Not that having something to disclose is an absolute barrier to the profession, but it well might limit your choices.

disclosures
felon wins right to bar exam
I'm thinking law school was her parents' dream, not hers.

The whole of Mexico is NOT a tourist hot spot. Far from it!
Most of the country is extremely dangerous and controlled by drug cartels.

They will be fine if they head to the tourist hot spot of Cancun, Puerto Vallarta or Cabo.

Anywhere else will be a worry, and YES they will be noticed as foreign. IMO
And it is expensive to try and live in Cabo or Cancun. Do they have a steady stream of cash?

If there are MISSING posters put up, with a REWARD posted for spotting the child, people will be noticing the family.

They are distinctive. He is Burmese/Vietnamese, his girlfriend is very pale skinned, the child is a beautiful latino looking child. They will be noticed if they are out and about.

They will probably be low profile, trying not to be seen much. And that is what often creates the red flags for others.
Normally parents of a toddler are very social and want their child to engage with others, to learn to interact, etc.

But in this situation they will be standoffish and not have their child be the centre of attention. They may stay holed up in their room or trailer, etc. It might create suspicions with their landlords, or bosses or neighbours, etc.
Remember too that EC (he of the affluenza case) dyed his hair black while on the run (or before?) in Mexico. Didn't do much good, for other reasons including language barrier.

I guess so, since she gave it up so quickly.
Make me so frustrated. I don't care if she goes to law school or not, but to treat her parents so callously and to run away instead of dealing with whatever needs to be dealt with is frustrating since you know she is intellectually capable of better decisions. Crossing the border with a child without the mother's consent is a bad decision and you don't need "street smarts" to know that.

jmo

The whole of Mexico is NOT a tourist hot spot. Far from it! Most of the country is extremely dangerous and controlled by drug cartels.

They will be fine if they head to the tourist hot spots of Cancun, Puerto Vallarta or Cabo.

Anywhere else will be a worry, and YES they will be noticed as foreign.
And nobody in their right mind would DRIVE to those places, especially in a Cadillac SUV.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
. Just basing those speculations on people I've known. It happens. I did look at her IG and it didn't look too interesting or exciting, to me. Plus, there are only about 10 million too many lawyers, already. Could be (and I'm just guessing) she wasn't turned on by the prospect of being a lawyer. Nothing wrong with that, at all. Taking off as she did is what's wrong.

I have friends who live in San Miguel d'Allende and in Oaxaca. The first has a large expat community, and even there one needs to stay alert as there's crime. When they come to and fro, from CA, they fly. They wouldn't dream of driving. They all speak fluent Spanish. Other friends no longer go to Rosarito, nor Ensenada. It's too iffy these days.

Moo..what I have observed is if you fluent in 2 languages the third n fourth is easy. My brain doesn't do that..just observing multilingual friends .. mooo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro