WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read earlier speculation about them heading to his parents' home country or Vietnam. Maybe they plan/planned on going to another country from Mexico instead of the U.S.? Maybe they think their chances of not getting caught catching a flight are better there? Could they have already taken a flight to somewhere by now, and L.E. knows it? I wonder if the daughter has a passport, and if so, who has physical custody of it? I think they wanted everyone to think they were going to Montana so they could mislead those looking for them. Another question, are his parents wealthy enough to help them (besides the Cadillac)? So many questions...

I read earlier speculation about them heading to his parents' home country or Vietnam. Maybe they plan/planned on going to another country from Mexico instead of the U.S.? Maybe they think their chances of not getting caught catching a flight are better there? Could they have already taken a flight to somewhere by now, and L.E. knows it? I wonder if the daughter has a passport, and if so, who has physical custody of it? I think they wanted everyone to think they were going to Montana so they could mislead those looking for them. Another question, are his parents wealthy enough to help them (besides the Cadillac)? So many questions...
Agree with you!

JUN 7, 2024
Police believe they went to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with an Idaho license plate. That vehicle is not stolen. The FBI is now playing a larger role with the search for Seraya since they are believed to be out of the country.
OK, now we've moved past "custodial interference" into the federal realm. Once they crossed into the border with the child it's now a federal international kidnapping offense, codified at Title 18, United States Code, Section 1204. Section 1204 which makes it a federal crime for a parent or other individual to remove or attempt to remove a child from the United States or retain a child outside the United States with intent to obstruct another person’s custodial rights. LE may not publically be stating much to that effect to avoid the any additional risk to the child but I'd be willing to bet that the feds have already been brought it. Here's some background on the law as well as the likelihood (or not) of extradition. 1957. International Parental Kidnapping.

OK, now we've moved past "custodial interference" into the federal realm. Once they crossed into the border with the child it's now a federal international kidnapping offense, codified at Title 18, United States Code, Section 1204. Section 1204 which makes it a federal crime for a parent or other individual to remove or attempt to remove a child from the United States or retain a child outside the United States with intent to obstruct another person’s custodial rights. LE may not publically be stating much to that effect to avoid the any additional risk to the child but I'd be willing to bet that the feds have already been brought it. Here's some background on the law as well as the likelihood (or not) of extradition. 1957. International Parental Kidnapping.

Just so there's no confusion, the article linked states NC is from Port Orchard, which is incorrect.
NC is from Port Angeles, which is 80 miles northwest of Port Orchard.

Aside from that, do we know they actually crossed the border? I thought the FBI was already involved long before we ever knew about the Caddy or Mexico.

Just so there's no confusion, the article linked states NC is from Port Orchard, which is incorrect.
NC is from Port Angeles, which is 80 miles northwest of Port Orchard.

Aside from that, do we know they actually crossed the border? I thought the FBI was already involved long before we ever knew about the Caddy or Mexico.
LE haven't stated, IMO they are deliberately being cagey, ie it's not their primary goal to keep the public fully informed.

IMO, when the FBI are in charge, the only information they release is deliberately targetted at the perps. ie they decided to let AA and NC know, that police know they are in Mexico, in that vehicle.

IMO, they've known this for a while, they don't need a week to discover it. I think the US has probably invested lots of money in order to have immediate access to info about people crossing the border.

JMO

RSBMFF
By running away from them from under their noses, I think she was really thumbing her nose at them. MOO
And imagine the money that trip cost them. This explains so much. All they can do is hope that she will contact them at some point. I think the couple planned it and they are long gone, probably Mexico was their launching stop. To me this explains why her family has been guarded in their response to her missing.

And imagine the money that trip cost them. This explains so much. All they can do is hope that she will contact them at some point. I think the couple planned it and they are long gone, probably Mexico was their launching stop. To me this explains why her family has been guarded in their response to her missing.
I imagine at first they were worried... then terrified... then embarrassed... then angry....

I don't even know the girl but I can almost hear her -- I didn't waste your money. I didn't stop you from going. You could have gone anyway. I told you I didn't want to go.

From being the family's pride and joy to leaving the country with a fresh boyfriend who has taken his child out of the country illegally... youch, ugly résumé builder.

JMO

That explains "how could she leave her mom at the gate like that?" --

Purposeful, intentional.

Has anyone checked to see whether she's actually signed up for the LSAT or was that as mystical as her travel plans to Italy?

I imagine she expected her family to board without her, then be unable to deplane and they'd be off to Italy, whether they wanted to be or not.

Beginning to wonder how long this may have been in the planning.

Stashed bags and hair dye?

Cash?

It's going to be impossible to remain hidden, not with the FBI on the hunt.

JMO

It was immature and cruel to abruptly sneak away from the airport. Stating the obvious, I know.

Don't want to go on the trip? Then don't go.

Want to get married? Then get married.

At age 21, you don't need mommy and daddy's permission anymore. But you do need a little Seraya's mom's permission to take her!

jmo
JMO but I'm wondering what it says about her upbringing and her relationship with her parents that at 22 years of age - an entirely legal adult, and having completed a degree - she felt the need to 'rebel' this way, a very teenage like behaviour IMO. IMO she was probably quite sheltered (I don't necessarily mean in a bad way, or like her parents had bad intentions) and this probably feels all very exciting and freeing to her and yet, she could have simply quietly told her parents 'no', because as an adult she can do that, even if they're smothering or controlling or whatever else they might be or what she perceived them to be.

I imagine at first they were worried... then terrified... then embarrassed... then angry....

I don't even know the girl but I can almost hear her -- I didn't waste your money. I didn't stop you from going. You could have gone anyway. I told you I didn't want to go.

From being the family's pride and joy to leaving the country with a fresh boyfriend who has taken his child out of the country illegally... youch, ugly résumé builder.

JMO
Do we know if she's an only child? JMO

It would not surprise me if they got married quickly by a justice of the peace and that the trip to Mexico was a planned honeymoon, perhaps funded by folks close to them on his side. They could be at a nice resort right now and may appear back home in a few days.

It was immature and cruel to abruptly sneak away from the airport. Stating the obvious, I know.

Don't want to go on the trip? Then don't go.

Want to get married? Then get married.

At age 21, you don't need mommy and daddy's permission anymore. But you do need a little Seraya's mom's permission to take her!

jmo
I know, right? This all so stupid. She could have run off with Aaron at any time; all she had to do was leave her parents a note if she felt she couldn’t face them.

She’s of age and can go where she wants. But she can’t take an innocent little child with her just because her fiancé decides to commit a crime.

Foolish and selfish is the only way I see these two. And Seraya has to pay for it. Once they’re found I hope any future visits with his daughter will be heavily supervised!

Hopefully Seraya is hanging in there. She must be scared and missing her mother by now. Heartbreaking.

I know, right? This all so stupid. She could have run off with Aaron at any time; all she had to do was leave her parents a note if she felt she couldn’t face them.

She’s of age and can go where she wants. But she can’t take an innocent little child with her just because her fiancé decides to commit a crime.

Foolish and selfish is the only way I see these two. And Seraya has to pay for it. Once they’re found I hope any future visits with his daughter will be heavily supervised!

Hopefully Seraya is hanging in there. She must be scared and missing her mother by now. Heartbreaking.
BBM above. Since they had joint custody, I’m guessing the child would not be afraid to be under the care of her father and Nadia. Not like a stranger kidnapped her…

I guess the only good news, if we can call it that, is that baby girl is likely perfectly safe with dad & his fiance.
It's a dang shame he chose this option to have full custody, since there's really no "coming back" from this.

A truly stupid thing to do, for them both.

jmo
I agree with you. I don't think there's any intention to harm the child, or at least I don't think he had any such intention when he concocted this scheme. An extremely frustrating situation all around IMO

Well, when I say no intention to harm the child, I mean physically. Surely he has enough insight to understand that this is inevitably going to cause psychological harm in denying the child from her mother? Even if he perceives the mother to not be good enough or whatever? Even if, for example, he thinks he's saving her from the mother's new boyfriend (this is just speculation based on her being pregnant, but even if its a future boyfriend etc) surely he knows that becoming her fugitive kidnapper isn't the viable alternative? IMO JMO This lack of forethought or insight means she's really not that safe with him, even if he doesn't have any intention of harming her. She's coming to harm regardless. Never mind that being on the run isn't a secure environment and she's going to have a lack of access to medical care etc. IMO

JMO but I'm wondering what it says about her upbringing and her relationship with her parents that at 22 years of age - an entirely legal adult, and having completed a degree - she felt the need to 'rebel' this way, a very teenage like behaviour IMO. IMO she was probably quite sheltered (I don't necessarily mean in a bad way, or like her parents had bad intentions) and this probably feels all very exciting and freeing to her and yet, she could have simply quietly told her parents 'no', because as an adult she can do that, even if they're smothering or controlling or whatever else they might be or what she perceived them to be.
I have no idea about her upbringing.....but to me, it looks like her parents were right about not liking her boyfriend. He doesn't seem like a good person, to take his daughter to another country behind the child's mother's back. That's not behavior any parent would want in a son-in-law.

But, even if her parents were meanies, so what. She's 21. You want to get away from your parents? Fine. Go. But don't leave them at the airport gate and create chaos for them like a coward and brat.

Okay, I'm going to quit complaining about her. Just find the little child and bring her home safely. That's the priority.

(Of course I hope NC is safe too and at this point, I'm assuming she is a willing participant in this dumb stunt.)

jmo

I have no idea about her upbringing.....but to me, it looks like her parents were right about not liking her boyfriend. He doesn't seem like a good person, to take his daughter to another country behind the child's mother's back. That's not behavior any parent would want in a son-in-law.

But, even if her parents were meanies, so what. She's 21. You want to get away from your parents? Fine. Go. But don't leave them at the airport gate and create chaos for them like a coward and brat.

Okay, I'm going to quit complaining about her. Just find the little child and bring her home safely. That's the priority.

(Of course I hope NC is safe too and at this point, I'm assuming she is a willing participant in this dumb stunt.)

jmo
I'm with you

But I don't think LE thinks it's a stunt.

The sooner they come back the better but they're still going to have to answer to the law.

JMO

BBM above. Since they had joint custody, I’m guessing the child would not be afraid to be under the care of her father and Nadia. Not like a stranger kidnapped her…
Hopefully she’ll be comfortable for an extended period with dad and Nadia. But will she not miss her mother at all?

My fear is how Seraya will feel when she eventually wants to see her mom. My two year old grandson loves his dad but when he gets hurt he cries for his mommy. Maybe Seraya is different - I hope so!
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members