WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea about her upbringing.....but to me, it looks like her parents were right about not liking her boyfriend. He doesn't seem like a good person, to take his daughter to another country behind the child's mother's back. That's not behavior any parent would want in a son-in-law.

But, even if her parents were meanies, so what. She's 21. You want to get away from your parents? Fine. Go. But don't leave them at the airport gate and create chaos for them like a coward and brat.

Okay, I'm going to quit complaining about her. Just find the little child and bring her home safely. That's the priority.

(Of course I hope NC is safe too and at this point, I'm assuming she is a willing participant in this dumb stunt.)

jmo
Of course. I don't disagree with you. She did everything the worst possible way. Just wondering about the antecedents that would lead her to make that choice, coming from the background she does. She could have just said no. Most 22 year olds would. Most 22 year olds who wanted to marry someone their parents didn't approve of would either come around or simply do it, not kidnap a child and run away.

Nadia may have shared some good times with Seraya in the past. But thats very different to suddenly becoming a mother figure to her, whilst on a romantic escapade. Two year olds requiere a lot of attention. I'm guessing she may come to regret the scenario initially seen through rose coloured spectacles.

And maybe, assuming she comes back down to earth, the reality of her cruel behaviour towards her parents will begin to weigh upon her.

It would not surprise me if they got married quickly by a justice of the peace and that the trip to Mexico was a planned honeymoon, perhaps funded by folks close to them on his side. They could be at a nice resort right now and may appear back home in a few days.
Wouldn't that be something? It may all go away if that happens. Throw some money to the baby mom and beg forgiveness from the worried parents - if LE/FBI, etc will permit it.

I have no idea about her upbringing.....but to me, it looks like her parents were right about not liking her boyfriend. He doesn't seem like a good person, to take his daughter to another country behind the child's mother's back. That's not behavior any parent would want in a son-in-law.

But, even if her parents were meanies, so what. She's 21. You want to get away from your parents? Fine. Go. But don't leave them at the airport gate and create chaos for them like a coward and brat.

Okay, I'm going to quit complaining about her. Just find the little child and bring her home safely. That's the priority.

(Of course I hope NC is safe too and at this point, I'm assuming she is a willing participant in this dumb stunt.)

jmo
And now we have to ask what kind of person she is....

Her parents maybe saw him as a bad influence, a distraction, a detour from law school... where is all her character? So many more mature ways to exercise her independence... and so few that could be worse.

Let's hope FBI has digital eyes on them and local LEOs are preparing to bring them in. Safely.

JMO

Yeah, by stunt I really meant the airport thing. I do take the whole thing seriously for the little girl's sake.

jmo
I knew that! I was just imagining that they may be in for a rude awakening when they realize how many laws they may have broken.

Federal and now international law enforcement time and resources ...

What was in their Kool-aid?

JMO

Yes, that one.
Yes, that one.
That tidbit of information about not wanting to go on the trip AND wanting to get married makes more sense of this senseless situation! They probably ran off to get married, and he wanted his daughter with them. Neither probably gave much thought to the consequences of their actions.

I agree, though, that it's a very teen-melodrama thing to do. The whole story sound like a movie plot, and that might actually have been the appeal.

JMo
I agree, it is very teen melodrama. She's acting the way a lot of 16 year olds do when told that they can't do something. But she's not 16, she's 22 and a college graduate. Her decision making skills are IMO not what I'd expect of a 22 year old, especially when most tertiary-educated 22 year olds I know nowadays are actually pretty smart about not ruining their lives for a man. JMO but it really makes me so curious about her personality and about her upbringing! Not that any of it excuses her choices, and I'm not making excuses for her, its just such an unusual choice for someone of her privilege and education. IMO

I keep coming back to the possibility that Nadia may not be a willing participant in all this. Perhaps Aaron contacted her when she was at the airport with some made up story to get her to leave. I cannot personally come up with a story that would cause me to ditch my parents and belongings at the airport but it's possible Aaron knew exactly what buttons to push to cause her to walk away. As many of us surely know, 21 year olds in general sometimes don't make the best, most logical decisions.

If Aaron was able to get her out of the airport and into the Cadillac, he could be holding Nadia just as much as he's holding Seraya. Nadia may not be willingly participating in any of this. I do hope they are all safe.
I think it would be next to impossible for him to keep her hostage, while also caring for a 2 yr old and driving to Mexico.

Even if he makes her drive, she could do something drastic, like run into a barrier or a ditch, if she wanted to get away.

I don't think he took Nadia by force--- I think by emotional manipulation, most likely.

It would not surprise me if they got married quickly by a justice of the peace and that the trip to Mexico was a planned honeymoon, perhaps funded by folks close to them on his side. They could be at a nice resort right now and may appear back home in a few days.
If this was the plan all along, all they had to do was leave the two year old at home (like most people would on a honeymoon) and they would not be in the mess they are in.
IMO, I think they are in or heading to Vietnam since he has family there and there is no agreement with the USA for extradition.

When she is older, and wiser, she will look back with disbelief that she let her "love" for someone who is no prize, and is already a dad at such a young age, get her into this mess. I remember that age and watched myself, and friends, lose ourselves to men who were not even in our league. MOO

JMO but I'm wondering what it says about her upbringing and her relationship with her parents that at 22 years of age - an entirely legal adult, and having completed a degree - she felt the need to 'rebel' this way, a very teenage like behaviour IMO. IMO she was probably quite sheltered (I don't necessarily mean in a bad way, or like her parents had bad intentions) and this probably feels all very exciting and freeing to her and yet, she could have simply quietly told her parents 'no', because as an adult she can do that, even if they're smothering or controlling or whatever else they might be or what she perceived them to be.
Exactly---this was a childish way to rebel----going to the airport with her luggage, pretending to just go to the restroom, asking mom to watch your stuff, then leaving. That is bratty and deceitful but in a cunning way.

If she was more mature she could have just said NO, I'm not going on this vacation, but thank you for offering, but I'd rather follow my heart and continue my relationship, etc.

Sure, but he'd lose custody of his child, at the very least. Why not just ASK his ex if he could take his daughter with them to their elopement and bring her back in a week?

Instead they are causing chaos and outrage.

I agree, though, that it's a very teen-melodrama thing to do. The whole story sound like a movie plot, and that might actually have been the appeal.

JMo

Yes! Reminds me of the old movie The Graduate (1967), where the character Elaine Robinson dramatically runs off from the church just as her wedding ceremony to a man chosen by her parents has ended, to be with Ben. Great movie…but it’s a movie! Nadia, this is real life. Not the way to handle it. :(

If this was the plan all along, all they had to do was leave the two year old at home (like most people would on a honeymoon) and they would not be in the mess they are in.
IMO, I think they are in or heading to Vietnam since he has family there and there is no agreement with the USA for extradition.
Leaving the child with the bio mom would have made sense, for sure. Maybe something happened and things came to a head quickly.

Well, IF the leak from LE is accurate, NC doing this because she didn't want to go to Italy & wanted to get married instead is not a very mature action on NC's part. But all the things the parents said publicly: NC was so looking forward to the trip she'd been planning with mom for a year, that disappearing was so out of character for her, that they couldn't imagine what had happened....hmmm.
MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members