WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it’s possible they’re in a resort near the US/California border, as I just can’t imagine they took off for good. Taking a ‘honeymoon’ paid for by others, perhaps. Possible they don’t even know they’re being sought after? It’s too bad we don’t have any details about what type of possessions they may have left behind.

Maybe it's just me, mom of 7 kids, but if one of mine were as sick as has been reported, there's no way in heck I'd be sending them anywhere, with anyone, unless it was a doctor, at a hospital.

I suspect she might have been sick recently, maybe, but I'm just not convinced any doctor (worth their salt) would clear this child to be released from medical supervision if she were this seriously ill.

jmo

I'd still like to know why the cops think they drove to Mexico. Highway cams? BP records saying they crossed the border? Or, maybe, it's a ruse to make the couple think cops don't know where they're really headed or went?
The Mexico angle makes zero sense to me. If they wanted to scarper, Canada is an English-speaking country, at least in that part of Canada, and it's very close by. It's a long way to Mexico from Washington state. Mexico has extradition agreements with the US.

They would be ridiculously visible in Mexico, esp. driving a Cadillac.

Nobody knows where they are, unless it's close friends or family covering up for them.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for no link to info>

Certainly if he had concerns about the child's wellbeing there were other options for the dad besides running away with the child. But it's hardly the first time a parent has done that. And in most custody battles there are truths AND falsehoods told on both sides. I'm not sure we know how much we've heard from or about the parenting of the mother or the father is true. Certainly the story about the child being affected by life-threatening constipation yet still discharged from an ER didn't ring true to me.

"We were advised by the doctor, we being Seraya and I, that if she didn't pass this soon, should could become septic, which is fatal," Harmon said."

I just can't imagine an ER doc saying, "Your kid is going to die if this doesn't improve soon so I hope it does. Bye!"

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's just me, mom of 7 kids, but if one of mine were as sick as has been reported, there's no way in heck I'd be sending them anywhere, with anyone, unless it was a doctor, at a hospital.

I suspect she might have been sick recently, maybe, but I'm just not convinced any doctor (worth their salt) would clear this child to be released from medical supervision if she were this seriously ill.

jmo

True, but having the child have to sit in a car seat for hours and being without a normal routine, I would think, would not help the constipation issue at all. Poor little one.

I wonder if they’ve been working on toilet training? If so, in my experience, it’s a time of transition that needs a lot of focus and attention to help the child through it. One of my kids had a tough time with it, and had stool withholding, so had constipation. I remember it being a stressful time for me, requiring a visit to the doctor, too, so I worry about little Seraya in this situation.

True, but having the child have to sit in a car seat for hours and being without a normal routine, I would think, would not help the constipation issue at all. Poor little one.

I wonder if they’ve been working on toilet training? If so, in my experience, it’s a time of transition that needs a lot of focus and attention to help the child through it. One of my kids had a tough time with it, and had stool withholding, so had constipation. I remember it being a stressful time for me, requiring a visit to the doctor, too, so I worry about little Seraya in this situation.
Just to be clear, I'm not entirely convinced the dire illness story is 100% true.
That aside, it was still entirely stupid for AA to do this, and to involve NC in it.
And if she's along willingly, which I don't see any reason to think she's not, they both deserve jail time.

jmo

Just to be clear, I'm not entirely convinced the dire illness story is 100% true.
That aside, it was still entirely stupid for AA to do this, and to involve NC in it.
And if she's along willingly, which I don't see any reason to think she's not, they both deserve jail time.

jmo
Understood, and agree.

And all I meant to try to say is that even if it’s a more common case of constipation in a toddler, it is a time for the parent to prioritize helping your child pass the hard stools and work on figuring out how to work towards better bowel health, and I’d think being on the run (which it seems likely they are) means their priority will be on staying hidden and less on Seraya’s constipation issue.
IMO

jmo
I sort of thought the same thing, if what Mom said is true, she likely wouldn't have let her go on the trip, period. But if I were her, at this point. I'm going to heavily emphasize the constipation/sepsis situation because it creates a sense of medical urgency for her child. Can't blame her there, I'd likely do the same.

Do we know why Dad went on the run with Seraya? Have there been custodial issues recently? Cause for concern in the care she receives while with Mom?

Do we know why Dad went on the run with Seraya? Have there been custodial issues recently? Cause for concern in the care she receives while with Mom?

This is from publicly available court records from Idaho, Latah County.

There has been a criminal complaint against AA in the past. 7/6/2021 - the case is closed.

The other case listed is the paternity case, filed BY AA. Mom of SAH is the respondent.

The criminal complaint from 2021 was a traffic violation. The paternity/child support/custodial agreement case was filed by Aaron in 2023. It was resolved and closed, but the outcome is not available in public records.

Perhaps he wasn't satisfied with the outcome of the custodial case and decided to take things into his own hands? JMO

Understood, and agree.

And all I meant to try to say is that even if it’s a more common case of constipation in a toddler, it is a time for the parent to prioritize helping your child pass the hard stools and work on figuring out how to work towards better bowel health, and I’d think being on the run (which it seems likely they are) means their priority will be on staying hidden and less on Seraya’s constipation issue.
IMO
100% agree.

The criminal complaint from 2021 was a traffic violation. The paternity/child support/custodial agreement case was filed by Aaron in 2023. It was resolved and closed, but the outcome is not available in public records.

Perhaps he wasn't satisfied with the outcome of the custodial case and decided to take things into his own hands? JMO
Thanks I looked at the records. Not sure if I'm reading it correctly, but was he going to go to trial on the traffic ticket for following too closely? Pled not guilty. Interesting.

It "sort of" does, considering on 8.29.23 the "parties stipulated" on the mediation hearing essentially just means they came to an agreement and the hearing was waived for that reason.

I'm not an expert in reading case file entries but as I understand it, he files the petition to establish paternity, custody & support, they sort of went back and forth for a bit then they came to an agreement, and by 09.19.23 the judgement on paternity, custody and support was issued and the case was closed. So at least in court, on paper, they both agreed to whatever was on the table, at that time.

jmo

It "sort of" does, considering on 8.29.23 the "parties stipulated" on the mediation hearing essentially just means they came to an agreement and the hearing was waived for that reason.

I'm not an expert in reading case file entries but as I understand it, he files the petition to establish paternity, custody & support, they sort of went back and forth for a bit then they came to an agreement, and by 09.19.23 the judgement on paternity, custody and support was issued and the case was closed. So at least in court, on paper, they both agreed to whatever was on the table, at that time.

jmo

You're right. I meant that the outcome of the agreement is not available in public records. That is, we can't see how many days Seraya is with each parent, when and where they exchange custody, how much the child support order is for, etc.

Here’s the info, straight from the City of Pullman Police Dept FB page

“Initially, Aung was thought to have traveled to Montana because he was seen buying camping gear and a Montana map book in Moscow. However, the investigation later revealed that Aung and Cole likely traveled to Mexico in a black 2014 Cadillac XTS with Idaho license 1L5147U.”
In case anyone is interested, the first two alphanumerics of that Idaho license plate indicate it’s registered in Latah County, Idaho, which is where Moscow is. It’s where AA resides, or resided before he kidnapped Seraya :(

How are they funding their adventure? Do they have unlimited cash resources?
A huge concern for me is that if they did go to Mexico with a suitcase full of cash driving a huge Caddie with Idaho plates.... it's putting themselves at a huge risk right there.

Maybe they invested in visa gift cards (those that are not traceable?).... but... what's the utility of those in Mexico?

We have not seen any images of them in Mexico (border crossing images) and the idea they've gone there is not confirmed but "likely fled" or "believed to be" there.
<modsnip> but he absolutely is a mystery online for a 21yr old with NO info on his past education or career. Googling almost any young adult these days pulls up some sort of achievement or mention locally. (Which is scary but in this case would be helpful!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member