WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. I meant that the outcome of the agreement is not available in public records. That is, we can't see how many days Seraya is with each parent, when and where they exchange custody, how much the child support order is for, etc.
Right. Family court records in Idaho involving minor children are sealed as a matter of law and therefore not public records. I imagine that’s similar to other states, but I only know about Idaho.

ETA: bolded words for clarification

Last edited:
Well there you go! She didn't want the trip, imo her parents wanted her to go and hopefully thinking that giving her break from him would slow down the getting married desire. Wow did she rebel if this turns out to be true.
Guess she already had her passport for the european trip on her person, that's handy. What about him I wonder? Did he already have a passport, or was there a planning element involved in the escape to Mexico?

I'm shocked that they haven't been found, yet. I have been reading missing persons cases for years and still feel like I would be caught instantly if I tried to disappear. How are these young fools, with a kid in tow, pulling this off?

I'm shocked that they haven't been found, yet. I have been reading missing persons cases for years and still feel like I would be caught instantly if I tried to disappear. How are these young fools, with a kid in tow, pulling this off?
I am amazed they have been able to stay under the radar so long, especially since the three are so easily identifiable. Perhaps they have replaced the Cadillac with another vehicle and perhaps someone is assisting them. If they have an escape plan, it seems they would require a bundle of cash to carry it out.

A huge concern for me is that if they did go to Mexico with a suitcase full of cash driving a huge Caddie with Idaho plates.... it's putting themselves at a huge risk right there.

Maybe they invested in visa gift cards (those that are not traceable?).... but... what's the utility of those in Mexico?

We have not seen any images of them in Mexico (border crossing images) and the idea they've gone there is not confirmed but "likely fled" or "believed to be" there.
<modsnip> but he absolutely is a mystery online for a 21yr old with NO info on his past education or career. Googling almost any young adult these days pulls up some sort of achievement or mention locally. (Which is scary but in this case would be helpful!)
Wonder perhaps if he might have more than one identity or name that he might use? MOO

MOO: predicting that they’re somewhere along the northern Pacific coast of Mexico, not terribly well prepared in terms of advanced documentation/cover, and they’ll be found relatively soon. That said, I am totally puzzled as to why they chose this route. It didn’t have to be this way at all, as far as we understand based on the facts that we know.

Mexican banks have ATMs just like here: so you can withdraw pesos from the visa card.

Mexican cities have a large middle class who live mostly like we do.

JMO
It's easy peasy getting cash in Mexico but the problem for them is using a card of any sort leaves a paper trail. Even a seemingly anonymous Visa gift card would eventually help catch them.

Mexican banks have ATMs just like here: so you can withdraw pesos from the visa card.

Mexican cities have a large middle class who live mostly like we do.

JMO
Say, if I purchased $2000 worth of visa gift cards at a CVS... can I just get cash at a Mexican ATM? In pesos or dollars? (Regular visa yes of course you can. But these gift cards work differently.)

If so, that would be the smartest way.
Alternatively yes, if AA has a different identity/ID name then he could be getting money wired from someone at home. But again, this doesn't seem like a safe thing in terms of carrying cash around.

I am completely unaware of Mexico travel... as I haven't been since college.

It's easy peasy getting cash in Mexico but the problem for them is using a card of any sort leaves a paper trail. Even a seemingly anonymous Visa gift card would eventually help catch them.
True. But many are thinking they are trying to make a new life there. Isn’t it possible they did a quick justice of the peace marriage in the states and are enjoying a short honeymoon getaway at a resort, pre paid perhaps under a different name? Caddie parked in a garage so not visible to anyone. All food and drinks covered. Just need money for gas to get there and back home at some point? Still, surely they must know what they’d be facing upon return to the US but sometimes anger and Adrenalin overrules common sense.

Or, they could have friends over the border who are helping them out.

MOO They have help.
Yes, that and / or….. the longer it goes they might encounter some unfortunate circumstance. The young child is at risk, even not including health concerns. And unfortunately it does seem they are a simple mark and if traveling in the vehicle. Someone might want the vehicle alone and perhaps little else? MOO

At this stage in the game I am sure that LE is following the money. Family members for sure since they absconded with AA’s father’s vehicle.

I think there’s a lot going on behind the scenes.

I really want to know if Seraya has a passport and if so, who has it?

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to find out they are in Vietnam. Do Americans require a Visa to travel to Vietnam?

From travel.state.gov

Vietnam International Travel Information Exit and Visa Requirements,not including the endorsement page).

It's doubtful to me they are in Vietnam.... unless they're down with MI-level secret identity business. They'd have gotten a child's passport with travel visa under a different name to make it there. If if were just AA missing I'd say sure, he might have a passport with a second name under his mom or dad's original country. But with NS and SAH also missing, I don't think they'd have gotten 3 fake passports to go to Asia.

PASSPORT VALIDITY:

Must have six months’ validity remaining.

BLANK PASSPORT PAGES:

One visa page required for entry stamp.

TOURIST VISA REQUIRED:

Yes.

VACCINATIONS:

Not required

Say, if I purchased $2000 worth of visa gift cards at a CVS... can I just get cash at a Mexican ATM? In pesos or dollars? (Regular visa yes of course you can. But these gift cards work differently.)
I haven't ever used prepaid visa, but I met someone travelling in Mexico who did, mostly to stay within their budget, I think. Prepaid visas apparently work exactly like regular ones, everywhere visa is accepted.

Most things are paid by cash, eg at grocery stores, taxis, even hotels, if it's not high end.

I think there may be other ways to hide money transfers, I don't know.

JMO

I'm wondering if "entering Mexico" was a ruse. Did they leave WA in the Cadillac with someone else who dropped them off somewhere and then that person drove the car into Mexico to throw off the scent??

Okay, I know that's a stretch.

jmo

With no sightings that we’ve been made aware of, at this point I have to believe they are staying with someone and possibly more people are assisting them in whatever plan they have. I have no guesses as far as what their long term plans are and how that’s going to be carried out but I can’t imagine this can go on for much longer.

I sort of thought the same thing, if what Mom said is true, she likely wouldn't have let her go on the trip, period. But if I were her, at this point. I'm going to heavily emphasize the constipation/sepsis situation because it creates a sense of medical urgency for her child. Can't blame her there, I'd likely do the same.

Do we know why Dad went on the run with Seraya? Have there been custodial issues recently? Cause for concern in the care she receives while with Mom?
I'm wondering if the constipation thing was that she took the child to the dr for constipation and all is now well (ie treatment was delivered, and worked) but the dr mentioned when discussing all possible issues that bad constipation that isn't resolved can result in sepsis as a worst case scenario - not that the child was ever actually at risk of that. Constipation in children who are toilet training isn't uncommon, after all. As others have mentioned I find it super hard to believe any medical professional looking at an imminent case of sepsis resulting from bowel impaction would let the child go home

I think the mother mentioned it because she's scared, and wants to express how urgently she needs to come home. I don't blame her for that at all.

All MOO, JMO, IMO etc

I'm wondering if the constipation thing was that she took the child to the dr for constipation and all is now well (ie treatment was delivered, and worked) but the dr mentioned when discussing all possible issues that bad constipation that isn't resolved can result in sepsis as a worst case scenario - not that the child was ever actually at risk of that. Constipation in children who are toilet training isn't uncommon, after all. As others have mentioned I find it super hard to believe any medical professional looking at an imminent case of sepsis resulting from bowel impaction would let the child go home

I think the mother mentioned it because she's scared, and wants to express how urgently she needs to come home. I don't blame her for that at all.

All MOO, JMO, IMO etc
Spot on. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members