WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think digital evidence is going to provide a pretty comprehensive picture of what happened, planning, details etc.

Follow the money.

Wire transfers etc. I wonder if the Aung’s were smart enough to move money offshore that Aaron can access freely without being traced.

Hmmmm.

For everyone saying they are not rich because of the older house etc. I live in a suburb that is late 50’s houses. I paid just under 143k in 1998. It is now valued at about 750k. Normal older houses and yards. So the state or age of that house really doesn’t mean anything.
I know some older Italian families that look like their homes will fall down around them.

The kicker is they’re millionaires. Tons of money in the bank, investments, real estate holdings and it goes on and on.

There is truth to the adage that “you can’t judge a book by its cover”. In this case we’re judging a house.

MOO

Don't think the trio is hiding in Burma.

June 6, 2024 US Dept. of State travel advisory for Burma: "Do not travel to Burma due to civil unrest, armed conflict, and arbitrary enforcement of local laws. Reconsider travel to Burma due to limited and/or inadequate healthcare and emergency medical resources, and areas with land mines and unexploded ordnances. Exercise increased caution due to wrongful detentions."

Here's a question. There is a custodial interference arrest warrant out for Aaron. But Nadia, as far as anyone knows, is an adult who has scarpered on her own volition and isn't currently in legal trouble. Is she formally considered a missing person? Can LE and the FBI legally track/subpoena her digital trail, financials and phone?
I think they might be able to legally get warrants for tracking Nadia only because a young child is missing, and they need to protect her. Even if Nadia is not being charged with anything, at this time, she could hold the key to finding an endangered child. JMO

I wonder if the search today has caused Aaron to change his hideout. He must be nervous not being able to get a hold of his parents and seeing LEall over their house. Hopefully he slips up and is nabbed soon and Seraya gets found.
The heat is on. I’m sure he’s freaking.

Mistakes will happen.

Nadia will crack.

Life can’t be fun for the happy couple.

If they were nicely bedded down I presume they will be on the run again.

Aaron can’t call, email, text, message his family now. LE is all over it. He’s on his own now.

It will be interesting over the next few days.

MOO

The supposed handwritten note by one of his parents early on floors me that that alone didn’t enable a search warrant… where they wrote that that they supposedly went on a fishing trip but they hadn’t returned and police were notified (which apparently they were not) and then offering amazing reasons as to their absence such as being delayed due to weather, equipment, or “someone sprained an ankle”. Sigh. Clearly from day one the parents were sending up a smokescreen and it’s sad LE didn’t feel they could procure a search warrant immediately.

The real question regarding their wealth is how much liquid assets do they have to fund their son's little getaway. Hopefully LE is sorting that out as we speak.
I’m positive they have money squirreled away elsewhere. Probably had nothing to do with planning for this though. Just as an in general fund, just in case. MOO

I am just catching up on all of this fantastic news! I personally am not a fan on the Aung family by bringing dirty laundry as they say into a missing child case. Bottom line we need to get this child into safety and they can figure out from there. Great steps, let's hope they found enough info to get this baby home safe. IMO

Aaron can’t call, email, text, message his family now. LE is all over it. He’s on his own now.
I've assumed that there are friends of family/relatives in the extended family/employees who are being used as cutouts. Messaging back and forth goes through them, but they aren't on LE/FBI radar.
Or burner phones. There are always burner phones.

I've assumed that there are friends of family/relatives in the extended family/employees who are being used as cutouts. Messaging back and forth goes through them, but they aren't on LE/FBI radar.
I wonder though if they might not have circled the wagons and are keeping this only in their tight inner circle. They can't risk many people knowing too much.

JUN 18, 2024
FBI and police searched Aaron Aung's family home in Moscow Tuesday.

The search warrant authorized the search of the family's house, cars and persons,,,

LE searched six vehicles including a motorhome.

Pullman Police said no one was arrested.

Moscow Police Chief Anthony Dahlinger said the search warrant was used for 1936 E. F St. where Moscow and Pullman police, Latah County Sheriff’s Office, Idaho State Police and FBI agents converged.

Burner phones aren’t invisible though. If LE thinks someone may be communicating with them to a certain area, can’t they do a tower dump and obtain all numbers in that area during a time period?

Burner phones aren’t invisible though. If LE thinks someone may be communicating with them to a certain area, can’t they do a tower dump and obtain all numbers in that area during a time period?
Just what is a "burner phone?" I have a Tracfone and was told years ago it was a "burner phone." I have used a Tracfone for years and love it and the savings. I don't see any difference except for not having a monthly bill to pay.

Just what is a "burner phone?" I have a Tracfone and was told years ago it was a "burner phone." I have used a Tracfone for years and love it and the savings. I don't see any difference except for not having a monthly bill to pay.
"Simply put, a burner phone is a cheap prepaid phone with no commitments. It comes with a set number of prepaid call minutes, text messages, or data and is designed to be disposed of after use.

Burners are contract-free, and you can grab them off the counter. They’re called burner phones because you can “burn” them, i.e., trash them after use, and the phone cannot be traced back to you, which makes them appealing to criminals. Burner phones are typically used when you need a phone quickly, without intentions of long-term usage."

Judging a Book by Its Cover?
Some ppl mistakenly conflate "wealth" w a "high current income." (BTW, both terms are subjective.)

At a water cooler-type convo (years ago, before I retired) a new female coworker was gushing about dating a man w a flashy new luxury car, a walk-in closet of designer suits, living in the priciest apt complex in the metro area, etc. who told her that he had "a SEVEN FIGURE bank account."
The man's best friend standing there laughed aloud, saying --- he may have told you that, but those seven figures are ALL ZEROS.

Those tending to judge a book by its shiny cover may find this interesting:
"The Millionaire Next Door: The Surprising Secrets of America's Wealthy" by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko.

Or take a 20 min. break to read this:

Here's the first chapter digestible in a half hour, & it's free :) :

NOT sleuthing any family members of either "side" in this case, and imo NOT OT.
Exactly. Most of the people with shiny new houses and cars are Mortgaged to the hilt with loans. All while people who live modestly haven’t been in debt for decades. The current thought train on this is bizarre

What does the search warrant mean when it states that police can search “persons”? Does that mean taking hair samples, for example? I’m just trying to figure out what you would do with “the person.”
I understand this to mean stuff in their pockets, "on their person"... I don't know if this includes unlocking their electronics, unfortunately. But for sure Wallets, credit cards, keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli