WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t posted in years, but following this one. I hesitated to inquire about this, but there hasn’t been any actual confirmation that this sweet child is with AA and NC, correct? That’s a whole lot of police force and the need to block the entire street off made my mind start questioning if it’s possible AA (or someone) hurt her…”forcing” daddy to go on the run. Might explain NC’s distressed face whilst exiting the airport. Truly happy to be wrong in all of this!
FWIW, I didn't think she looked distressed and the images weren't even clear enough to discern any particular look on her face.

Perhaps their statement pushed the probable cause needle.

It confirms that they know the three are together for the purposes of evading the law.

Today, swarmed.

Guessing wiretaps are also part of the equation.

JMO
BBM

Absolutely. Because of their statement, LE had reason to believe they had foreknowledge and were in on it.

From what I read upthread, they own several companies in Moscow. They could have sold one or used profits or whatever. Not all well off people are interested in living in a McMansion. Look at Steve Jobs, extreme example, his home was an ordinary ranch house.
Very true and the Aungs (grandparents) may have come here to the US with precious little and, as a result, the family may be frugal with hard earned money. Nevertheless, their house and garage are in need of repair, especially the roof (pretty important) so it doesn't just look like a case of living modestly but for sure not being loaded like it first seemed.

Very true and the Aungs (grandparents) may have come here to the US with precious little and, as a result, the family may be frugal with hard earned money. Nevertheless, their house and garage are in need of repair, especially the roof (pretty important) so it doesn't just look like a case of living modestly but for sure not being loaded like it first seemed.
Not all families who are of wealth have homes that are elaborate. I'll just leave it at that.

I just realised the Moscow police chief name changed!!! James Fry, whom we remember from the case of the 4 college students... has retired. He and MPD did a helluva job in that case.

I know some older Italian families that look like their homes will fall down around them.

The kicker is they’re millionaires. Tons of money in the bank, investments, real estate holdings and it goes on and on.

There is truth to the adage that “you can’t judge a book by its cover”. In this case we’re judging a house.

MOO
Very good point. Thing is, (I know I keep saying this), the obviously needed repairs. Their roof is missing shingles. They are also building contractors! They should know lots of people who do that kind of work and roofing is right on their company website. My impression is they're just another struggling contracting company and maybe just get by like a lot of small time contractors do.

The supposed handwritten note by one of his parents early on floors me that that alone didn’t enable a search warrant… where they wrote that that they supposedly went on a fishing trip but they hadn’t returned and police were notified (which apparently they were not) and then offering amazing reasons as to their absence such as being delayed due to weather, equipment, or “someone sprained an ankle”. Sigh. Clearly from day one the parents were sending up a smokescreen and it’s sad LE didn’t feel they could procure a search warrant immediately.
Like their later letter, I found that note completely bizarre. Plus they delivered it right at the police station! The remark about a sprained ankle was extremely strange. It made me think something had happened and was being covered up. The thing is, if the child hurt herself, like lots of kids do, why cover it up and choose this insanity? Nothing makes sense. I also thought the fishing trip story was also BS. Who takes a 2 or 3 year old on a fishing trip? It would be dangerous, not to mention a pain in the butt. People that fish do it to relax not to have to be hyper vigilant watching a little kid.

Last edited:
Like their later letter, I found that note completely bizarre. Plus they delivered it right at the police station! The remark about a sprained ankle was extremely strange. It made me think something had happened and was being covered up. The thing is, if the child hurt herself, like lots of kids do, why cover it up and choose this insanity? Nothing makes sense. I also thought the fishing trip story was also BS. Who takes a 2 or 3 year old on a fishing trip? It would be dangerous, not to mention a pain in the butt. People that fish do it to relax not to have to be hyper vigilant watching a little kid.
I have a suspicion, and I hate saying this, and I hope I’m wrong. But I wonder if AA had to dump something in Montana. They said he went on a fishing trip there in case he was seen on camera in the state of Montana. But like everyone has said before, you don’t take a two-year-old on a fishing trip alone. I think he really did go to Montana, but they fabricated the reason why.

The diversion with the car that may or may not have gone to Mexico seems very dramatic for a child custody dispute. And with the massive police presence today — I’m starting to think something much bigger and more sinister might be happening here.

I have a suspicion, and I hate saying this, and I hope I’m wrong. But I wonder if AA had to dump something in Montana. They said he went on a fishing trip there in case he was seen on camera in the state of Montana. But like everyone has said before, you don’t take a two-year-old on a fishing trip alone. I think he really did go to Montana, but they fabricated the reason why.

The diversion with the car that may or may not have gone to Mexico seems very dramatic for a child custody dispute. And with the massive police presence today — I’m starting to think something much bigger and more sinister might be happening here.
Well, I can't say I haven't thought along those lines, too, though don't want to. I have no reason to believe he'd harm his daughter but I wondered if something like a bad accident happened and she was killed and he panicked. I knew a couple who took two toddlers camping and the two year old disappeared in an instant, fell in the water and drown. Someone else I know was camping with their kids and the dad accidentally backed the car over the youngest one. Bad stuff like that happens and lets hope this hasn't all happened because of something like that. Such a terrible scenario would explain Nadia abruptly leaving the airport.

I saw the RV in the driveway of AA's parents. Did they and AA use it much? I used to have a smaller one. Much to my surprise, I found out camping in an RV was too rough for many people. I'm wondering what kind of a camper AA and NC were? What kind of "hundreds and hundreds" of dollars' worth (per Shawna on the video) of camping equipment did they buy? Did they buy tents for roughing it? Or, would they be more likely in a cabin or trailer if they went camping to hide out? Did they stock up with a large quantity of food especially things a small child would eat? If they are camping out, knowing those answers could help find them.

I think they picked Montana as a ruse location because it's far (meaning they could be gone awhile) and has remote places that I expect don't get cell service (won't be able to reach them for awhile).

ETA: I don't think they actually went to Montana.

jmo

Last edited:
Very good point. Thing is, (I know I keep saying this), the obviously needed repairs. Their roof is missing shingles. They are also building contractors! They should know lots of people who do that kind of work and roofing is right on their company website. My impression is they're just another struggling contracting company and maybe just get by like a lot of small time contractors do.
IMO, it's not so much that they are "wealthy," but that they are wealthier than a single mom negotiating custody and child-rearing disputes.

She doesn't have the resources the Aung family has - she was the cleaning person at their company and I suspect they reminded her of that. However big the actual financial differences are, I think they intimidated her.

And, it sounds like AA threatened her with his family connections, which could mean the people they know through their construction business (tough guys, cement access, businesses that might blackball her for employment, etc).

I don't know exactly what he said to her, but whether it was actually true or not doesn't really matter if she is intimidated by the thought of someone with more resources being against her and the child.

jmo

What does the search warrant mean when it states that police can search “persons”? Does that mean taking hair samples, for example? I’m just trying to figure out what you would do with “the person.”
IF the person who answered the door, was asked to step outside while the search was going on, the officers could first ask to search the family members before they leave---perhaps looking for wallets, receipts, cell phones, jump drives, etc?

Last edited:
IF the person who answered the door, was asked to step outside while the search was going on, the officers could first ask to search the family members before they leave---perhaps looking for wallets, receipts, cell phones, jump drives, etc?
I would think they are looking for communication evidence - trip planning, conversations, purchases and receipts.

And, I am guessing, they looked for indications if a child was currently or recently living in the home or motor home.

Maybe stashes of money too or other sources of finances that could be used without being traced.

I wouldn't expect hair samples and DNA to be needed at this point.

I wish we knew.

jmo

This has gone on too long.

Impossible IMO that Aaron is offgrid (he may be cut off now) but I find it hard to believe the plan was to cut all ties and all communication indefinitely ... so information was IMO being exchanged. Hopefully yesterday's raid will reveal that link and the three will be found safe swiftly.

I'm beginning to worry though.

Was Nadia planning to leave her family at the last minute? The timing is awfully suspect....

I'm worried that something may have happened to Seraya and Aaron couldn't return her in that condition, knowing he'd be blamed. I REALLY hope this is not the case. Did Aaron tell Nadia he was going on the lam and she either goes with him or to Italy and she chose him over family? Seems like that would be memorialized on her phone if it happened that way.

If this was a sudden plan I fear for Seraya -- something dire prompted this exodus and this could end in all kinds of bad.

If it was planned -- choreographed -- timed with visitation and Italy/airport, I'll feel better-- the plan suggests KEEPING Seraya -- and that has better longterm odds of Seraya being physically unharmed...

It's frightening, any way I look at it.

JMO

I'm worried that something may have happened to Seraya and Aaron couldn't return her in that condition, knowing he'd be blamed. I REALLY hope this is not the case.
This scenario has been on my mind as well.

I'm hoping that having their house turned upside down by police will convince someone in the family to start talking.

This has gone on too long.

Impossible IMO that Aaron is offgrid (he may be cut off now) but I find it hard to believe the plan was to cut all ties and all communication indefinitely ... so information was IMO being exchanged. Hopefully yesterday's raid will reveal that link and the three will be found safe swiftly.

I'm beginning to worry though.

Was Nadia planning to leave her family at the last minute? The timing is awfully suspect....

I'm worried that something may have happened to Seraya and Aaron couldn't return her in that condition, knowing he'd be blamed. I REALLY hope this is not the case. Did Aaron tell Nadia he was going on the lam and she either goes with him or to Italy and she chose him over family? Seems like that would be memorialized on her phone if it happened that way.

If this was a sudden plan I fear for Seraya -- something dire prompted this exodus and this could end in all kinds of bad.

If it was planned -- choreographed -- timed with visitation and Italy/airport, I'll feel better-- the plan suggests KEEPING Seraya -- and that has better longterm odds of Seraya being physically unharmed...

It's frightening, any way I look at it.

JMO
I have had thoughts like that, but push them away. I really do think Seraya is being hidden, not hurt. One reason is I think the AA family would be lashing out even more and maneuvering more aggressively to put blame on the mom. As it stands now they "merely" threw dirt and painted themselves as self-righteous protectors.

I remain hopeful for a safe return. I'm also braced for not ever learning more about what happened, once the child is found.

IDK....as time goes on, it is more and more worrisome, I agree.

jmo

I have had thoughts like that, but push them away. I really do think Seraya is being hidden, not hurt. One reason is I think the AA family would be lashing out even more and maneuvering more aggressively to put blame on the mom. As it stands now they "merely" threw dirt and painted themselves as self-righteous protectors.

I remain hopeful for a safe return. I'm also braced for not ever learning more about what happened, once the child is found.

IDK....as time goes on, it is more and more worrisome, I agree.

jmo
I keep wondering about Nadia at the airport. Did she leave as she and Aaron had previously planned? Or did she leave spur of the moment due to some frantic phone call from Aaron? If it was preplanned, then she probably would have packed away some things she needed while on the run with Aaron. Did she have roommates? They might have seen her give a box or suitcase to Aaron prior to leaving for the airport with her parents. If it was not planned, then she would have had to shop for clothes and toiletries on the way to wherever they are.

Sussing out Nadia's personal items could indicate whether it was planned or not, and indicate just how entrenched they might be now. I wonder if they've uprooted and changed locations after the unsettling search warrant yesterday. They must be freaking out.

I don't think they are overseas at all. They might be in Mexico. But they also might just be nearby somewhere. I don't think it'll be long now. This is one perp walk I am definitely looking forward to.

I keep wondering about Nadia at the airport. Did she leave as she and Aaron had previously planned? Or did she leave spur of the moment due to some frantic phone call from Aaron? If it was preplanned, then she probably would have packed away some things she needed while on the run with Aaron. Did she have roommates? They might have seen her give a box or suitcase to Aaron prior to leaving for the airport with her parents. If it was not planned, then she would have had to shop for clothes and toiletries on the way to wherever they are.

Sussing out Nadia's personal items could indicate whether it was planned or not, and indicate just how entrenched they might be now. I wonder if they've uprooted and changed locations after the unsettling search warrant yesterday. They must be freaking out.

I don't think they are overseas at all. They might be in Mexico. But they also might just be nearby somewhere. I don't think it'll be long now. This is one perp walk I am definitely looking forward to.
yes yes, .......
I had asked this in the beginning....and was SO hoping Nadia's mother would have let us know....
What was in her suitcases at the airport?? Would certainly explain a lot.
But I have never seen an explanation.

That is why I also keep asking..... have we heard any peeps at all from Nadia's mom?????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member