WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think the trio is hiding in Burma.

June 6, 2024 US Dept. of State travel advisory for Burma: "Do not travel to Burma due to civil unrest, armed conflict, and arbitrary enforcement of local laws. Reconsider travel to Burma due to limited and/or inadequate healthcare and emergency medical resources, and areas with land mines and unexploded ordnances. Exercise increased caution due to wrongful detentions."

Here's a question. There is a custodial interference arrest warrant out for Aaron. But Nadia, as far as anyone knows, is an adult who has scarpered on her own volition and isn't currently in legal trouble. Is she formally considered a missing person? Can LE and the FBI legally track/subpoena her digital trail, financials and phone?

Don't think the trio is hiding in Burma.

But Nadia, as far as anyone knows, is an adult who has scarpered on her own volition and isn't currently in legal trouble. Is she formally considered a missing person? Can LE and the FBI legally track/subpoena her digital trail, financials and phone?
Snipped.

I agree 100% that they are not in Burma/Myanmar.

Regarding NC, that is a good question. She is an adult and can leave the airport without telling anyone if she wants to. That is not illegal, though super inconsiderate to her parents.

But...is she now an accessory in taking and hiding the child? I would think she is a suspect. I guess she could be a victim if she is being held against her will at this point?

Idk, but my hunch is she is a willing participant. I hope she comes to her senses and contacts her family or LE - she might be the key in safely resolving this mess.

jmo

Snipped.

Regarding NC, that is a good question. She is an adult and can leave the airport without telling anyone if she wants to. That is not illegal, though super inconsiderate to her parents.

But...is she now an accessory in taking and hiding the child? I would think she is a suspect. I guess she could be a victim if she is being held against her will at this point?

Idk, but my hunch is she is a willing participant. I hope she comes to her senses and contacts her family or LE - she might be the key in safely resolving this mess.

jmo
I believe she is a willing participant too. The timing with the trip just screams premeditation and planning to me. I believe it's something they discussed beforehand, whether it was a few days before or plans made months in advance, JMO.

The Aungs are making a lot of noise, but the person I'm really interested in right now is Nadia.

She's beautiful, bright, and capable of intentionally disappearing, leaving her parents on the tarmac when they were treating her to a graduation trip to Italy.

That's pretty cruel, and it doesn't seem like something a caring person would do.

So, here's a way-off theory that is MOO but has been niggling at the back of my mind.

What if, and this is all just MOO, Nadia absconded by herself? What if Aaron and Seraya really did go camping? What if an argument occurred and something bad happened to Arron and Seraya? What if Nadia then felt she had no choice but to run?

Again, that's all MOO, but Seraya's mom, Shawna, didn't feel animosity between the Harmons and the Aungs. She said the Aungs had the upper hand legally due to their wealth.

Today, the Aung's are closing rank to protect the reputation of their son.

But, what if only Nadia knows what really happened?

Again, this is a far-off and out-there theory. I'm just putting it out there as something to consider. It's not likely, but Nadia's actions at the airport make me wonder what kind of young woman she really.

All MOO
RBBM

I think she's choosing her words carefully. She doesn't want to antagonize. Because her granddaughter is in their care. IMO she's minimizing the tension, allowing for them to come back, it'll all be okay. She doesn't want to inflame the situation but she has to know it's already on fire.

IMO she can't/won't speak freely until Seraya is safe.

JMO

RBBM

I think she's choosing her words carefully. She doesn't want to antagonize. Because her granddaughter is in their care. IMO she's minimizing the tension, allowing for them to come back, it'll all be okay. She doesn't want to inflame the situation but she has to know it's already on fire.

IMO she can't/won't speak freely until Seraya is safe.

JMO
I agree, and one approach will be seen more favorably by the court system, imo, and it's not the Aung approach.

jmo

Snipped.

jmo
not a lawyer but i think she could maybe be charged later for harboring a fugitive

If LE suspect AA's family is providing support in some way to AA, can LE legally
do wiretaps of AA's family, investigate their banking transactions, etc? Wondering what recourse LE has in investigating when there are no charges against AA's family, no criminal charges anyway? Same goes for investigating NC since she has no announced charges against her?

With discussion about them possibly fleeing the country, perhaps to a homeland overseas (Vietnam has been mentioned?), my thought is that AA's parents may maintain bank accounts there separate from US accounts. (If they travel there routinely, it may be easier to keep an account there for ATM usage, etc. when traveling.) Imo.

That said, if the car entering Mexico was a decoy, they could be laying low in a big city in the US, counting on a large population for anonymity, waiting for their story to drop out of the news cycle, and keeping the crime a domestic one rather than an international one.

Welcome to Websleuths @Irukandji. Even though we can’t sleuth the family members, I like the way you think outside the box. :)
Yes welcome @Irukandji, totally great ideas! I'm starting to wonder if they are closer than I first thought and the Cadillac was just a diversion. It would seem the family might have a lot of options given their businesses in the area to hole them up somewhere.

I think people need to remember that Seraya and her mother are the victims here. We have no idea if anything the family members say are true. Right now we have a mother whose daughter has been taken from her illegally. Aaron is the one with an arrest warrant. It doesn’t matter if he thinks he has a valid reason or not. He has broken the law and he has not done what is best for the child. I can’t imagine what the mother is going through right now and what she has had to deal with for years with this family.
I think there are some similarities to the recent awful case in OK. Years and years of legal wrangling. And that evil mother in law did the most horrible thing ever..with lots of help from her cowboy friends. Murdered two young mothers at an apparent swap point to switch the kids for a weekend.
I do not yet see this as evil...
But $$$ and legal finesse rules.

Last edited:
I also think this was planned in advance.

I'm even thinking that the parents/family may have purchased accommodations for them. I'm convinced they are not roughing it with the little girl, and I don't think Aaron, nor Nadia are the camping/being on the run types.
They are housed imo. The Aungs are supposedly wealthy.

I'm wondering, when someone buys property overseas, or on an island or someplace, under a fake LLC, do the FBI have the means to trace that to persons or relatives or another business? I don't know about such things.
And can the FBI dig into a person's (or relative's or connection's) assets and businesses, clandestinely, to determine if any "new, recent" companies have been established?
All good stuff and thoughts here

I think they can track US llcs, but foreign?? With other relatives?
Geeesh.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for sleuthing the family>
I would think an audit would quickly show if resources from the family businesses were diverted to stowing away AA, NC, and Seraya. At this point, would LE have that kind of warrant to look at the books? Anybody know?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think this was an easy decision for NC. I think she would've had to be pressured to do it and didn't really want to. She is smart and knew it would cause her problems even if abuse was happening. I think she was a pawn being used so that the son had someone to help him care for the child. I suspect grandma provided most of the care because of the apparent "strong" personality. I bet If NC "felt" like she had a choice she wouldn't have put herself in that position (she did have a choice of course but she probably didnt want to disappoint or have future mil not like her). Yes it sounds ridiculous but I'm trying to think like an immature person who thinks they're in love. MOO All my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member