WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that was the video, but cut down a bit. The one I saw I don't believe was part of a newscast. It had the videotape numbers in the corner & showed the entire thing from when they entered the store to when they left uncut. Thanks for posting!

OK, forgive me if this was recently posted, I did not read all the posts today.

Looking at the size-7 shoe that was found (saw a photo earlier) that we now know was hers, was this the same shoe she was wearing in the videos?

If if looks like the same shoe she was wearing, then it probably was. Why would she pack an extra pair of shoes of the same style/color as the ones she was already wearing?

Silverdale, WA - 4:15 (leaves for trip)
Handy Pantry Market - 7:50 PM (buys wine)
Safeway - 8:00 PM (gets directions)
Martin Way Diner (corn Dog) - 9:00 PM
Gull Harbor Merchantile - 9:55 PM (closed)
Dennis Williams House - 10:10 PM (used phone, directions)
Beach area - 1:00 AM (commotion outside and knock at door)
Home of Jim Pribbenow - 10:00 AM Sunday (van found on beach)

plus the 6:45 call from somewhere to RS, which he did or did not answer, and get directions to the address of destination.

Yes, that was the video, but cut down a bit. The one I saw I don't believe was part of a newscast. It had the videotape numbers in the corner & showed the entire thing from when they entered the store to when they left uncut. Thanks for posting!

I don't think this is the one you are after, or at least it shows nothing after they left and went into the parking lot, but seems to be a long, uncut from 1 camera inside the store from the moment they walked in until they left. I don't recall seeing this uncut before.

Still looking for the other one from outside view camera.

http://www.king5.com/video/featured-videos/Watch-Missing-woman-buying-wine-88296007.html

I remember reading that the houses along Island View and Zangle were a bit high up from the shore...with long steep staircases leading down. One homeowner stated that if you fell off of one, you'd die. Now if they were both up there banging on houses (and I dont understand why she was banging on a garage, and not a front door in the first place) and they decided to head back down to the car, she could have slipped and grabbed onto Az. I hope they're really checking the houses along that shoreline...in some thick bushes. Just a concept.....wish I was there.

Paxil is an anti-depressant. The article said she was on anti-anxiety medication - granted it might not be a benzo but certainly not an antidepressant, and most people get Valium, Xanax, etc for anxiety. This has been discussed throughout the thread. I have thought all along that the combination of anti-anx and alcohol is what caused her to slip away so fast. She has recently relapsed and I'm sure has no idea how the two together affect her. MOO

I know it's an anti-depressant, but some SSRIs (like Paxil) are used to treat anxiety disorders. That's why I asked if it had been determined she was on a sedative.

If she had not been in contact with her step father for several years, his number may have only been on her cell phone, which she did not have with her. Not somebody she called on a regular basis.

Simple process of elimination calling numbers you do know until somebody picks up. She was close to her grandparents and clearly it was important enough for her to knock on a stranger's door to call somebody and let them know she was running late but OK. Which her grandfather substantiated in interviews is what she indeed said.

We can't say she didn't call step-father (or step-sister) on a regular basis. She did know the step-father's address and was able to give that to RS. Grandfather also said she'd been to Castle Rock just a couple of weeks before, IIRC. And grandfather didn't call step-father OR RS to tell them about this---RS called him. (again, makes no sense)

I know it's an anti-depressant, but some SSRIs (like Paxil) are used to treat anxiety disorders. That's why I asked if it had been determined she was on a sedative.

Sorry, don't mean to be so exact but anti-depressant, anti-anxiety - sedative all work different and are in different classes of medication. In some people Paxil can be very agitating, in some it may lessen anxiety somewhat. I have no idea except it was said she was on an antianxiety med. If it was Paxil, she still would have NO idea how it interacts with alcohol in HER body. Anti-depressants should not ever be taken with alcohol, just like all the other meds, the combination can be just as detrimental to the individual. MOO

@KIRO7Seattle Pierce County sheriff's office says body of what appears to be a child has washed up on Fox Island.

Do you have an estimate of HOW far away this is from where the van was found?

Article says 12 miles....that is really a long way....but, I know nothing about currents and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop