WA WA - Shantina Smiley, 29, & Azriel Carver, 8 (fnd deceased), Olympia, Mar 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
22881462_320X181.jpg

I know the officer said "absolutely" a body could end up there, but would it be carried around so many obstacles? Or is it more likely dumped closer to where it washed up? Is there any source that would show the current flow in that area? (I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for that)

I also thought about the possibility of the body being placed there on purpose. I think that an autopsy should be able to show if there was a drowing or ???

Even though this is somewhat of an answer, it sure opens up even more questions. :(

Something like this should never happen to a child; that is all I can say because I am livid that this could happen and I do not want to say something that I may regret.

At least 15 miles of waterways, zigzagging through islands.

BBM

That's the thing. Seems he should have washed up somewhere else. I hope the police don't just assume the current took him to that point.

They will be able to determine how long the body has been in the water.

This is just too sad :(

They are talking about this at mynorthwest.com, click on listen live Ron and Don Show.

They will be able to determine how long the body has been in the water.

Yup - and if he was alive and drowned or was put in the water dead. They will also be able to tell his last meal by the stomach contents. And so much more.

A waste of two beautiful lives - all this is such a shame.

BBM

That's the thing. Seems he should have washed up somewhere else. I hope the police don't just assume the current took him to that point.

He probably did, and then the tide came in and pulled him to another spot. It probably did that every night since it happened.

I can't get that picture of him out of my head... him dancing for the surveillance camera in the store.

sad

If there is a fall, would they have fallen into the water? Or would the water have come up to that point at high tide ?

But the road she took down to the beach goes right up to houses - only a couple hundred feet away from where the van was found. I don't think that is accurate for with the stairs for that spot at least.

I can't understand how this would have happened with such a low tide.

I wish people would go with the instincts and call the police when people seem out of sorts. If she appeared drunk and had a child with her, they should of called police. I know this is not anyone else's fault, but PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO GET INVOLVED instead of being like, oh it's none of my business. It just irritates me to no end!!! If I see something that does not seem right, I call it into authorities. People should not have to disappear or die before people get involved. Later, a person will be like, oh I saw this...Well report it before something bad happens and save the children!!

Something like this should never happen to a child; that is all I can say because I am livid that this could happen and I do not want to say something that I may regret.

I hear you, I know exactly what you mean. A senseless tragedy!

For those not in WA, that current in that particular area is really swift.

If this is him, maybe they didn't go in the water at the same place. We'll know soon though, I think. So very sad.

Oh noooo - this is so sad....my heart is aching for the families & friends....just terrible. :(

HLN Tacoma fire department is taking boats out to search the area where the body washed up to see if mom may be around also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ademith83